Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-26-2006, 06:42 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emerging color

can anyone point me to a tutorial on emerging color. I've tried to search the site but can't find anything. I know it has to be here. Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2006, 06:47 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I don't know if the link will work(I am still pretty new at adding in links)-here are the directions I copied straight from that link.

If you have never done a Technique Lovers Challenge, why not start now? All the challenges are open to anyone and everyone who would like to play along, and we would love for you to join us!

Please remember to put TLC15 in the keywords section when you upload, and come back to this thread and post a link to it so we can admire your work.

This week we will be doing a technique called Emerging Color. A few months ago, this card by our own lovely and talented Michelerey caught my eye:

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...hp?photo=99926

She graciously shared the directions with me, and I'm sharing them with you!

The emerging color technique is really quite fun to do. Start by stamping some solid images in a couple of different colors on US White or Vanilla. Next, stamp some other images randomly over the others using VersaMark. While the VersaMark is good and sticky, sprinkle on some Clear Embossing Powder and emboss. Take a foam brayer and ink it up good with a really dark color ink, brayer this evenly over your stamped and embossed cardstock. Anywhere you have the embossing, the ink will be resisted and the
underlying colors will show through. Keep brayering until you have the cardstock covered to your satisfaction. I like to make it pretty dark. Use a Kleenex to wipe off excess ink from the embossed areas.

There is one more step you can do if you like [not done in the previous card], you can stamp a final image over the top of everything in an even darker ink. Wipe off the excess ink from the embossed areas. Here's a link to another card I did way back in October that will show you how the last step can
look.

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...at=500&page=14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2006, 07:06 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Thank you verry much. I wanted to do something with this at my Dec. Stamp A Stack.

Just wondering how you searched for this. I'm really bad at finding what I want on here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I did a search for emerging and scrolled through until I got the results I wanted.
Reply With Quote Likes