Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2004, 03:30 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling ALL Bunko! Stampers...

I have been placed "in charge" of invites & name tags for our Christmas Bunko! Party... SU! has no dice stamp! (need to bring that to their attention) anyway... I need ideas please!

TIA
Paula :?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 04:03 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Make polka dotted stuff. Many of the new shape stamps have circles. You could use any of those. What about the Toy Box set. I thought that had dice (or maybe those were dominoes). Can you tell I don't have my catty in front of me.

You could use a quote like, "May all of your rolls be a BUNCO!"

HTH

SCS just keeps getting better and better!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 04:10 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Or use a square shape and then ink a new pencil eraser end with black and use for dice numbers. I've had to think of things like this for my bunco friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 04:36 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

maybe you could somehow modify the present from the "lets party" set?

i'm in a bunko group too and i'd love to see what you come up with.

dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Default Here's a phrase!

I decorated our travelling dice/score sheet/bell box with a picture and the phrase "Let the good times roll!" My group loved it!!

I went with more of a red hat/purple Maude type figure because we call ourselves the Empty Nester Bunco Babes. We're all 50-ish and our kids have left home. We are a wild bunch!!

Maybe the square stamp with black brads to make it look like dice?
Black outline with black brads for the dots?
Or use a white square that you have punched out with a hole punch and mount on black paper???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 09:58 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Default bunco

Every time I take the Stampin Up survey I request the addition of a Bunco set. Hopefully they will listen.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Default Bunco

I'm hosting bunco at my house next week and for the score cards, first I printed the score sheet onto white card stock, cut them out (we have 12 ladies) and then punched holes using the SU round punch , layered it onto black card stock so the black holes are showing thru to the white, it is cute on the tables and look three dimensional. Hard to explain this WOWOW....

For the table (we always put candy on each playing table) I used square boxes (mine came white) and just punched out black circles (using the largest round punch I could find) It it easy but followed the dice theme anyway.

For the gift tags, I used the square punch and embossed black on the white cardstock, cut in squares, put two together and hung at an angle (so it looks like a pair of dice) and using organdy ribbon, I attached it to the gift bags that I stamped all over with the square shadow shape that I had added black dots to .... then I used the quirky alpahabet set and stamped the letters B U N C O randomly all over the bags......it's really cute. the only thing I wrote on the tag was 1st place, 2nd place, etc.

Hope this makes sense, hard to write and explain when I don't have a scanner to share.....

And best of all it was CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Ok, so has anyone had a SU bunco? One of my friends said she had been to a Tupperware bunco. The lady hosting it was a consultant. There were 12 women and it was I think $10 a person. She had done two, one where the prized were actual products and one that the prizes were gift certificates to buy the products. I wonder if that would work with SU!?

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks!!!
Great ideas are always found here!!! you ladies are GREAT! I'll let you all know what I come up with... If I ever figure out how to upload stuff I'll show pics..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 05:11 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I have made dice for my scrapbook, using a cardstock square then using brads for the dots.. They look great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Default Bunko????

I am sorry but I don't know what this is? I take it is a game involving dice- and prizes but how does this work? Would someone please help me with this information?
Thanks
Laurie-Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Laurie-Ann, Bunco is an oh-so-easy game of dice, with the only qualifying factor being able to count to three, basically. There are variations, I'm sure, but we play with 12 people and 3 tables, and rotate tables every few minutes, depending on whether you have won or lost that round. All you're doing is rolling the dice in order, and if you get 3 of a kind, of the number you're on, then it's a Bunco. For example, if you're on 4's, and you roll three 4's at once, then you got a Bunco! That's the Cliff Notes version, but the longer version isn't much more complicated, just a lot longer to type.

At the end of the night, there are prizes for who got the most Buncos, who lost the most, who won the most, etc. It's a lot of fun and has become very popular over the last few years. I see they now sell Bunco at Target so it's definitely getting more mainstream! HTH. - J.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

My sister brought Bunco to family gatherings and it is so fun. I have been thinking about trying to get a bunco group together with friends or neighbors. Those of you who play Bunco, how is yours organized?
-Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2004, 11:35 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I LOVE my bunko group! I've been playing with the same bunch of ladies (all military wives) and we LOVE our night away from the kids!

Not a stampin' idea at all, but I sew and last year during my host month I made all of the girls a make-up bag and I filled them up with 3 dice, lots of chocolate, and mini booze bottles. After all, we are known to let the wine flow at these monthly meetings! I love all the dice ideas you are all throwing out...I'll keep them in mind for my next month to play host!

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 02:41 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie Humphrey
Ok, so has anyone had a SU bunco? One of my friends said she had been to a Tupperware bunco. The lady hosting it was a consultant. There were 12 women and it was I think $10 a person. She had done two, one where the prized were actual products and one that the prizes were gift certificates to buy the products. I wonder if that would work with SU!?
Angie, the group of girls I play with and I all pay $15 a month... everyone gets something -- the most expensive gift being around $35 and the door prizes $10 each. The hostess for the month selects the theme and buys the prizes. When it was my month, the girls all agreed that they wanted SU! products. They ended up getting prizes worth more than the actual amount because I didn't take my 20% income, I put that back in.... the $10 door prizes were actually $11.95 sets, I think the $35 was actually closer to $40.... anyway, I ended up getting the hostess benefits for it though. Another friend and I picked the prizes, and had them all on the table when everyone came in. They LOVED it and can't wait for me to be the hostess again!

Karen

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 03:41 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this yet.

SU! Bunco -- It's like a stamp camp but more. This is what I have read (can't remember where) about doing Bunco that involves stamping. Basically you play 4 games of Bunco. In between each game, you stamp a card or other item. So, you would do 3 or 4 stamping projects. The person charged like a regular stamp camp. For Bunco prizes you use stamp sets, accessories, hostess gifts, etc.

For my Bunco group, each player puts $5 in a basket. At the end of the evening, we divide up the $ ($25 - 1st place, $15-second, $5-3rd, $5 last, $10 most buncos) We also have a wrapped bunco prize ($15-$20 price range) that floats around all night. So, anytime someone gets a bunco, they get to hold the prize. Last bunco of the evening keeps the gift. The hostess buys the bunco prize and provides dinner. Wile a friend's group only does appetizers. There are several versions of playing and prizes out there. You can look it up on the net. Try www.bunco.com or www.bunko.com

HTH

SCS just keeps getting better and better!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 03:59 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenInOki
They LOVED it and can't wait for me to be the hostess again!

Karen
I'm jealous because I'd love to do an SU Bunco with my group, but not everyone in our group stamps.

As a side note...Bunco seems to be very popular, especially among military wives. It seems like every street here on Fort Polk has a Bunco group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 04:06 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Fort Polk!!! LOL, is it still as small as ever around there and in DeRidder? We did recruiting duty (Marines) in "Lake Chuck" for 3 years from '92-'95, and lived in Sulphur. I would drive to Fort Polk twice a month to do a commissary run. Small world!

Karen

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 04:22 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

I'm in a monthly bunko group and I have hosted a stamping bunko event in my home. Both are so much fun!
Angie, are you a demonstrator? If so, there is lots of information about having a stamping bunko event. I can give you the link if you access to the demo forum.

I have used the dominoes from the toybox set to decorate things for bunko. It's a bit of a stretch because it's not dice it's a domino but it works in a pinch.

Kathleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 05:32 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

You can get hurt playing Bunko, at least that is what I observed when I had to deliver an urgent message to a bunko player. When I walked in I heard bells and ladies were slapping each others hands. They wouldn't let me disturb the player until that game was over. The message was urgent but the bunko was more do. The ladies in this small communtiy have bunko games everyday during the week and they are on sub lists for each club, they act crazy. Small community, not a lot to do, I wish they would have the same urgency for stampin'. :(

My favorite group is the Garden Club, they meet on Fridays to play poker.

I wore Red Panties, now I wear white!!
Don't mess with Old People!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 07:52 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Yes I am a demo. I haven't found anything about buncos in the forum. I would love the link.

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 08:17 AM   #22  
Glitter Guru

Angie, I just PM'd you with the link to the Stampin' Bunco ideas in the demo section. This was a lot of fun! I'm hoping to host another one in the spring.

Kathleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 08:28 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenInOki
Fort Polk!!! LOL, is it still as small as ever around there and in DeRidder?
It still is pretty small! I cried when we got here, the middle of no where! I was SOOOO disappointed. I wanted to kill DH for ASKING FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT. I quickly discovered I wasn't the only spouse that felt this way.

On the up side of this...no one here has anything better to do than stamp and play Bunco. So my demo-ship has started off pretty well.

I need to get to Lake Charles soon to start my Xmas shopping. I'm going to DeRidder this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 11:22 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

My mom's bunko group just met at her house. I made tags for the gifts. No stamping (gasp) but I used cute fibers and I glue dotted colored mini dice on each tag, you can find them at scrap. stores! Everyone thought they were really cute and it was very simple!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Smile

I'm a Demo as well and I can't seem to find the thread on Bunco iether. Can someone email it to me.
Thanks bunches,
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes