Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aleenes tack it over and over

in a previous post, I read that someone just uses a (drop or two) of ATIO&O on her stamps, and I am wondering if she really meant just a few drops on the back of the UM, or painting it on the entire back of the stamp. (a few drops would be so much easier!).
Does doing this work pretty well? I have used the tio&o before, and found it quite messy to paint on my stamps, but I don't want to use foam cling backing, as I have way too many stamps to use that method. (I'd rather break the bank buying rubber, than foam cling!)
Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated!
susi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hand1heartView Post
in a previous post, I read that someone just uses a (drop or two) of ATIO&O on her stamps, and I am wondering if she really meant just a few drops on the back of the UM, or painting it on the entire back of the stamp. (a few drops would be so much easier!).
Does doing this work pretty well? I have used the tio&o before, and found it quite messy to paint on my stamps, but I don't want to use foam cling backing, as I have way too many stamps to use that method. (I'd rather break the bank buying rubber, than foam cling!)
Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated!
susi
I use WackyTac Liquid Sticky Adhesive in the dauber bottle. I dab one or two spots on the back of small to medium sized stamps, and the four corners of large stamps. Just a light tap of the dauber does it...you DON'T want a heavy application of any brand of repositionable glue on the back of a stamp. Be sure to let it dry completely (it'll be clear and tacky) before sticking the stamp on a block, storage sheet or in a CD case. Glue residue after the stamp is removed from either the block or storage indicates that the glue was applied in too thick a coat and/or was not completely dry before the stamp was placed on the block or in storage.

Last edited by craftdesigns; 03-12-2008 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I use the Tack it over and over on the back of my rubber stamps. I have used it for about 5 years and have only had to redo a couple of them. I use a paintbrush and brush a thin layer on the whole back. I then store them on plastic 8.5 x 11 page covers and inside the cover I stamp the images on paper and tell when and where I got them. I lay them on wax paper to dry and oh, be careful if you have cats, ours was wearing a couple one day!!!

My Gallery My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyS.View Post
I use the Tack it over and over on the back of my rubber stamps. I have used it for about 5 years and have only had to redo a couple of them. I use a paintbrush and brush a thin layer on the whole back. I then store them on plastic 8.5 x 11 page covers and inside the cover I stamp the images on paper and tell when and where I got them. I lay them on wax paper to dry and oh, be careful if you have cats, ours was wearing a couple one day!!!
This is exactly what I do too. I tried several mounting systems, but this is by far the simplest! I have some explanation and photos on my blog here:
http://www.stampinsusan.com/2008/01/...ed-stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the advice! I was asking because I had tried it some time ago, but I must not have let it dry enough because it left a yucky goo on some of my storage panels. I found a great deal here online for tio&o that I took advatage of, because I have not been able to find in stores here in my part of Phx.
I don't want to use binders as a main method storage, I will have to for those that are already in them, I am putting together "sets" of stamps (I don't own real sets), ones that are similar in appearance or theme etc. in CD cases, and I will also try the plastic boxes some one mentioned here, and maybe some dvd cases. I need to find a storage system that works for me, and takes up the least space, since I just have a craft corner that I am putting together.
I am going to seriously look at the methods mentioned here in this thread and see how I can make it work for me.
susi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

oh, be careful if you have cats, ours was wearing a couple one day!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Post Re: Alene's Tack It Over and Over

I use Alene's on some of my stamps. I painted it onto the entire back with one of the sponge painters (a black sponge on a stick), and this worked well for me. I have adhered them to the back of a plastic protector and I keep them in a notebook. I will say that I rarely use them because I just like stamping with wood stamps better.
Jellybeandream
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hand1heartView Post
Thanks for the advice! I was asking because I had tried it some time ago, but I must not have let it dry enough because it left a yucky goo on some of my storage panels. I found a great deal here online for tio&o that I took advatage of, because I have not been able to find in stores here in my part of Phx.
I don't want to use binders as a main method storage, I will have to for those that are already in them, I am putting together "sets" of stamps (I don't own real sets), ones that are similar in appearance or theme etc. in CD cases, and I will also try the plastic boxes some one mentioned here, and maybe some dvd cases. I need to find a storage system that works for me, and takes up the least space, since I just have a craft corner that I am putting together.
I am going to seriously look at the methods mentioned here in this thread and see how I can make it work for me.
susi
Hey! I think I found the system that might work for you. These!

Got my order earlier this week and love the clamshell style. I use the Aleenes too and the smaller stamps would fall off my plastic sheets. Because these close like a clam shell (similar to SU stamp storage boxes) you won't lose any stamps.

http://inqueboutique.typepad.com/inq...ncing-one.html

Cheers! Elizabeth Bead Diva
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Before you commit to Ailenes, Check out the Tsukineiko website for Tack and Peel. I swear by it and I use it to stamp with all of my unmounted stamps, except acrylics. I keep two sets of clear blocks and one set has tack and Peel already mounted on the blocks. I pull out the stamp I want, place it on the right sized block already covered with Tack and Peel and I'm good to go. Stamp pulls off after cleaning and I don't ever have to prepare my stamps other than to trim them out. Saves time and is so much easier because the Tack and Peel is actually an acrylic stamp in itself so it acts as a cushion. Everyone who stamps with me and stamps unmounted has switched to this method because it is awesome and clean and takes so much less time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I'd go with the Tack n Peel before I'd ever do the ATIO&O again. It was time consuming and I wasn't that happen with the end result. I used it when I was first starting to use unmounted and it was recommended at that time to adhere your rubber to a red rubber sponge layer then paint that layer with ATIO&O. It wasn't too messy and was quick to do but I found that my larger background stamps curled. Then I found the static cling stuff and used it A LOT.....then I found the Tack N Peel and felt that it was a more money saving way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Hmmm, what I worry about is it staining from StazOn or something like that. I am a messy stamper. Does it stain? I like the concept, but not sure it woud work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

I use ATIO&O for all my unmounteds, I have been doing this for around 8 years or so. I put it on the back of my stamps as if I were frosting a cake and I let it dry thoroughly (other wise it could pull off the back of your stamps onto your acrylic block). The drops method could create high spots when stamping. If the rubber is thick I use a heavier application. If I buy a new stamp and want instant use I use double sided tape on the block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

This link should work to show you how the Stamp Keepers work

http://tinyurl.com/4rp26g

Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

GREAT Ideas!! Never ever thought about this for the UM stamps. I am assuming ?? this is for the RUBBER stamps and NOT clear acrylics as they stick without anything...yes??

I do NOT have a single UM Rubber Stamp, as I kind of had shyed away from buying them, thinking I had to buy all the WOOD blocks in different SIZES to fit the shape of the rubber stamp image??!!

SO, using the Aleene's Tack It (or Tacky Peel products, etc)...you could buy the rubber UM stamps and use whatever method to mount them (temporarily) on wood blocks or clear acrylic blocks?? Am I understanding correctly? I'm a NEWBIE remember..hahahaha.

TOO COOL!! Thanks ALL for your tips...helps this NEWBIE more than you know!! Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!

Cya!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 02:57 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Default Aleene's Tack It Glue

GREAT Ideas!! Never ever thought about this for the UM stamps. I am assuming ?? this is for the RUBBER stamps and NOT clear acrylics as they stick without anything...yes??

I do NOT have a single UM Rubber Stamp, as I kind of had shyed away from buying them, thinking I had to buy all the WOOD blocks in different SIZES to fit the shape of the rubber stamp image??!!

SO, using the Aleene's Tack It (or Tacky Peel products, etc)...you could buy the rubber UM stamps and use whatever method to mount them (temporarily) on wood blocks or clear acrylic blocks?? Am I understanding correctly? I'm a NEWBIE remember..hahahaha.

TOO COOL!! Thanks ALL for your tips...helps this NEWBIE more than you know!! Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!

Cya!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

JoAnney you are correct!! For rubber stamps. No more shying away from unmounted. The unmounted offers the best prices and saves room for more stamps. Away with the wood blocks. Ha ha

I tried just squirting the Aleene's right on the rubber and spreading this weekend and worked like a charm. Just a little dab will do you. You will use the unmounted rubber stamps on acrylic blocks to stamp. If you run across some stubborn stamps that don't want to unmount with out a sticky mess, try undo. The stamps come off smooth as butter.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadsonthebrainView Post
JoAnney you are correct!! For rubber stamps. No more shying away from unmounted. The unmounted offers the best prices and saves room for more stamps. Away with the wood blocks. Ha ha

I tried just squirting the Aleene's right on the rubber and spreading this weekend and worked like a charm. Just a little dab will do you. You will use the unmounted rubber stamps on acrylic blocks to stamp. If you run across some stubborn stamps that don't want to unmount with out a sticky mess, try undo. The stamps come off smooth as butter.

Thanks Elizabeth!!

ONE question..you said if I run across stubborn stamps that don't want to unmount, etc?? TRY UNDO.. Sorry, but don't know what you mean?? Is that a product that will take the Aleene's glue off back of rubber stamps?

Guess I can start ordering unmounted stamps now!! yea!!! I still prefer the rubber (UM) to the clear acrylics, although to each his own I guess. I've not had the best luck with the FEW clear acrylics..but than maybe it depends on the manufacturer (brand) etc. like other items?? Sometimes you gotta pay more to get more..if you know what I mean?

Appreciate your help!! Hope to hear back on the "undo" ?? Cya..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!:mrgreen:
Tammy:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Great question and great responses girls! I learned a lot from reading this... I've been putting double stick tape on my acylic blocks and using that with UM stamps... I works but it's kinda a pain.... Hmmm which idea to try.....

Life is not about weathering the storm - It's about dancing in the rain!

My blog: www.kattoys.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I'm in the process of unmounting my stamps. I decided to use Aileens TIO&O because I just couldn't bring myself to spend THAT much money on EZ Mount. So far it's working great and I am really liking it.
I can only due a few at a time because I also don't want my stamps "walking" off, so I have to wait till the kids are in bed.:mrgreen:
I am not doing naked rubber, I decided that I wanted to keep the foam. So I just peel foam and rubber off of the block then I do the glue.
I know that alot of people are doing naked rubber, but if I want to do the rock and roll technique, I kinda need that extra cushion.
My background stamps I am doing as bare rubber without glue. All the info that I have heard, you're really supposed to put the BG on a table and then put paper on top, so I figured "what difference would it make if I had a block to do that". I am keeping a couple of BG blocks (with foam) so all I have to do is use some double stick tape if I do want to use a block.
This is saving sooooooooo much space. I am loving it.
Tammy:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdesignsView Post
I use WackyTac Liquid Sticky Adhesive in the dauber bottle.
Can you get empty dauber bottles & then fill them with TIOAO?

I started to unmount a few sets, painting TIOAO on the backs of my stamps. It was kind of a pain, because the stuff is really sticky, both when painting it on & when it "dries."

I found I used too much & had to blob my stamps on a towel a few times, to pick up lint & make them less sticky.

Sometimes, the stamp wouldn't peel off the cd case & the image label ripped when I was trying to get the stamp off.

I must have used too much.

Thanks,
Nicole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAnneyView Post
Thanks Elizabeth!!

ONE question..you said if I run across stubborn stamps that don't want to unmount, etc?? TRY UNDO.. Sorry, but don't know what you mean?? Is that a product that will take the Aleene's glue off back of rubber stamps?

Guess I can start ordering unmounted stamps now!! yea!!! I still prefer the rubber (UM) to the clear acrylics, although to each his own I guess. I've not had the best luck with the FEW clear acrylics..but than maybe it depends on the manufacturer (brand) etc. like other items?? Sometimes you gotta pay more to get more..if you know what I mean?

Appreciate your help!! Hope to hear back on the "undo" ?? Cya..
I sent you a PM, but for others that might be following this thread, below is my response.

Hi. I'm sorry I failed to mention the full name. It's Scrappers Solution Un-Do.

http://www.scrapbookcassie.com/produ..._453586480.php

Hope this helps.

Blessings and smiles, Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 05:33 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone put the TIO&O directly on the acrylic mount to make it sticky instead of the individual stamps? I haven't tried this method on the unmounteds. I tried the the Tack n Peel once but I had trouble getting it off my stamp and keeping it on the block. It's too expensive to have on the stamps themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 05:48 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlstrsView Post
Has anyone put the TIO&O directly on the acrylic mount to make it sticky instead of the individual stamps? I haven't tried this method on the unmounteds. I tried the the Tack n Peel once but I had trouble getting it off my stamp and keeping it on the block. It's too expensive to have on the stamps themselves.
I seem to remember someone doing this way back when; but TIO&O is some sticky sticky stuff-I would think that you'd have some seriously fuzzy blocks. Also, I'd be worried about how difficult it might be to get back off the block if it does get fuzzy and you need to apply new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlstrsView Post
Tack N Peel is designed to go on the block, not the stamp. As for the fuzzies, it comes with a cover sheet that you put on it when you are not using it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
I seem to remember someone doing this way back when; but TIO&O is some sticky sticky stuff-I would think that you'd have some seriously fuzzy blocks. Also, I'd be worried about how difficult it might be to get back off the block if it does get fuzzy and you need to apply new.
I've been experiementing with UM ideas/methods lately, and have put TIO&O on a wood block to use with nekkid rubber stamps. Works just fine! I keep all blocks to be used with UM in a SU! stamp case, but there are still the occasional cat hairs, lol, but in my house, everything has occasional cat hairs.
Am going to try TIO&O on an acrylic block, but only on one i have an extra of since they are pricey...of course my son (22months) has lost that one this week, so when it turns up I'll do it and let you know:-D He carefully stored my Dh's work watch in the shoe pocket over-the-door thingie my punches are in after wearing it around for a while, it took us a few days to find that too, LOL.
I want one set of Acrylic blox with Tack n Peel -just came in the mail today!!--and one set of blox naked for rubber i've put TIO&O on or cling mount/cling vinyl.
Also in mail was my trial sheets of EZ mount (reg & thin)....but my experiments with TIO&O are going so well, i'm thinking of saving the $$$ of EZ Mount, and now maybe saving the effort (can we say lazy, time strapped, cash strapped stamper?!?!) and just doing the sticky mount (block) rather than sticky stamps. I only have like 500 SU! sets to unmount, LOL!!!
Biggest concern with UM and naked rubber is ...how to store. Ugh.

regarding that, I'll add my post from the thread
"Confused...Cling Vinyl or EZ Thin Mount "
Any other ideas??
HTH!!

I am just getting into the UM thing with SU but i have a lot of UM (naked rubber) i got in grab bags from VLVS (VivaLasVegaStamps) and Paper Candy. I had mounted a few with cushion and vinyl, which now is peeling off and a few with cusion and onto wood blocks.
Anyhoo, now i'm getting into experimenting with these methods to see what's going to work for me and my mondo-SU collection , i have acrylic blocks, wood blocks with TIO&O on it, and UM TIO&O on it. Next up is Tack n Peel on acrylic block...
Meanwhile...
I am storing my UM rubber in pocket pages in binders. These are plastic pages with pockets, formerly used to store my SU demo "stamples" of card fronts (4 pockets to a page) and ATCs (9 pockets to a page). I get the trading card sizes at W-M i think way back when, and the CF size from Century plastic/photo supply.
These are soo handy. Just slip in the nekkid rubber in the pocket along with a stamped peice of paper for index if you wish. Most of my pages are just pockets full of naked rubber! I have them by sections of type, theme, etc. and for words, have a mirror handy for reading if they don't have the stamped paper in their pocket.
HTH!
Holly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubamaraView Post
I want one set of Acrylic blox with Tack n Peel -just came in the mail today!!--and one set of blox naked for rubber i've put TIO&O on or cling mount/cling vinyl.

Ok, was able to experiment last night, and here's the update.
Wellllll i found out that my vinylbacked or EZ Mount UM stamps cling perfectly well (as well as to naked acrylic) to the Tack N Peel's plastic cover!!
AND
Why not just have the one set of blocks, with Tack n Peel on one side, and use the other side for clingy or TIO&O stamps? Hmmm...Save more room and such, which is my purpose on UM in the first place :-D Will keep trying and report any news...
huggles
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

I use Aleene's TIO&O on my unmounteds. I love swirling it around on the back of the ums with a foam brush. I unmounted all my wood House Mouse stamps yesterday. Another thing I do besides keep the smaller stamps in cd cases is I stick the larger ones inside my desk cabinet doors.
Cyndi Evans
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #29  
Glitter Queen

So glad I came across this post. I have been debating the best way to adhere my UM stamps. Thanks ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 05:53 AM   #30  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

wow..now i am going to have to try my Tack it over and over..
i actually bought it to make glue dots..go figure
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

I just got a bunch of UM stamps that came with a sticky back and paper on it to peel off-ready to mount. How would I use the Aleenes in this case?
Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

If anyone is interested, I bought way too much Papilion Clear Inkjet Printable Static Cling Film. They are 8.5" x 11" sheets and I have a whole stack. I will sell them for $1.00 a sheet and then whatever shipping costs. E-Mail me at [email protected] is your interested. By the way, it works beautifully!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #33  
Cardstock Collector

If you have a Cricut, a klick-N-Kut machine (Element, Maxx, the new Zing, even the old craftrobo's...now known I believe as the Silhouette), you can use the Aaleene's tack it over and over glue on your cutting mat by taking a wet towel or paper towel and wetting the mat down, then put a LITTLE amount of glue on the wet mat. Spread it around evenly, using whatever method you prefer (a finger, gloved finger, a "spreader" of some sort...like an icing spreader) and spread the glue around evenly all over the mat. It will then allow you to tack whatever material (cardstock, scrapbooking paper, fun foam or whatever) you wish to cut out...and the material will stay stuck to the mat until you peel it off. And a tip I learned at a retreat I attended recently is, if your mat is TOO sticky, and the cardstock etc. is sticking to it and therefore tearing up when you try to remove it, that means you need to "de" stick it a tiny bit. Do that by taking a lintless rag of some kind, and w/o wetting the rag, press it onto the mat over and over being sure to cover the entire surface when you're finished. That will take the extra stickiness off that you don't want, and leave it still sticky enough to stick to your material while cutting (test it by putting a flat hand on it..if it sticks, it's sticky enough. If it falls off, it needs to be redone or at least cleaned off with water). Good luck, and hope this tip helps someone out there
ouizee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #34  
Inking Addict

I have tried to go to a couple of websites mentioned in this post and cannot get to either, www.stampinsusan.com.. and Scrapbooking - Scrapbook Ideas, Tips, Layouts, Quotes & Supplies... Any suggestions?

Linda D.
Reply With Quote Likes