Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #761  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
Magnetic washi tape bookmarks. It is a bad pic of when I first made them, but I packaged them individually in a clear sleeve. They are stored in my car now so can't take a pic.
diane, as a washi tape hoarder (among other crafty things) I would love to know how you made these book markers.TFS :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #762  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
Diane...I did! The spoons are mini wooden spoons I got at Hobby Lobby. . . I used the chocolate dip and the Mallow Bits you find right next to the hot chocolate (at Walmart anyway). I did all 40 spoons in less than an hour. Just make sure to let them "set" before putting them in a little bag. Here is a closer up pic of 2 of them. I used a small baggie and a twist tie on them, then made a tag and tied that on the spoon with bakers twine.
So cute! I've been looking for ideas for teacher & staff treats at my kids' schools and these look like a winner.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #763  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
diane, as a washi tape hoarder (among other crafty things) I would love to know how you made these book markers.TFS :p
I used this link for inspiration. I modified my size a little and overlapped strips randomly, then just used stickers for embellishment. They were so fun! I started playing with making them so I would have a template for next year, but I ended up making 20 of them in a couple hours easily.

a lemon squeezy home.: Magnetic Washi Tape Bookmarks: DIY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #764  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #765  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had my last craft sale of the season on Sunday. I did better than I thought but didn't sell one popcorn snowman. Weird as that sold at all my other sales! What sold this time? Calendars! I couldn't sell one for the life of me and at this sale I sold half of what I made (sold about 40). I just don't get it! lol I got a lot of "Oh that's such a cute idea!" If it's so cute, then buy the darn thing! lol

I am bringing my leftovers in to work to sell next week, so hopefully they will buy up everything!

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #766  
Pearl-ExPert

Cherie, sorry to hear that your fair did not go well. I've often experienced that but like my husband says it's always good to explore new venues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHQUEENView Post
Hello All,
I wanted to let everyone know how the craft fair went, so disappointed, I sold 65.00 and the tables cost 50.00, oh well lesson learned, I think I will stick with selling at both my jobs I make out better ( made over 500.00 last year), and I think I have finally caught up on my sleep from crafting for the fair. I sincerely hope everyone does better than I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #767  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
I had my last craft sale of the season on Sunday. I did better than I thought but didn't sell one popcorn snowman. Weird as that sold at all my other sales! What sold this time? Calendars! I couldn't sell one for the life of me and at this sale I sold half of what I made (sold about 40). I just don't get it! lol I got a lot of "Oh that's such a cute idea!" If it's so cute, then buy the darn thing! lol

I am bringing my leftovers in to work to sell next week, so hopefully they will buy up everything!
It's nice you can bring your items to work to sell. I'm retired and my last show is next sat. I think I might have made too much. What does everyone do with all there leftover items that can't be kept for next year?
What kind of calendars do you make?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #768  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default 2013 Craft sale Best Sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post

I can tell you from many years doing sales what you are experiencing is quite typical. I am sure many here can vouch for that. Here is what I used to do.
I always made an inventory list of how many of each item I take to a sAle, and record what was sold after. Also a good way to know if everything balanced ( the old banker in me). By doing this every year I could see whatwas selling and on the upswing and what to drop. Because what sells on one place will not necessarily be good elsewhere.

I did a lot of big sales and some small and this was always a god barometer for overall sales, because cant always recall every little detail of every show unless its staring you in the face. Now many won't want to bother with this, but I could even tell you from my records which color was most popular in what part of the city,which sales had mostly tire kickers. But always could see what items sold consistantly.

Some years cute isn't enough, and it has to be cute and useable.....or even eatable. :rolleyes:I think some good advice is ..just because someone tells you a particular sale is good and you should enter...do your homework because that venue might not be compatible with what you are selling as others have posted here.
Don't get discouraged because if you are getting positive feedback you know it's not the product, just a matter of the right sale. Just my two cents .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #769  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxView Post
It's nice you can bring your items to work to sell. I'm retired and my last show is next sat. I think I might have made too much. What does everyone do with all there leftover items that can't be kept for next year?
The perishables, I send to my hubby's work or try to sell on a local Facebook group here called Bidding Wars. If I have any left after that, I give them away to family/friends for gifts.
Sometimes, I will pull apart the decorative pieces and save for future projects, and just eat the contents!

The non-perishables, I keep til next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #770  
Pearl-ExPert

If you like Washi Tape...check out this site: Pick Your Plum

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #771  
Insane Embellisher

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

A tray? What do you mean? Have a pic?
Here's a picture of the ones I made last year:
Gina's Stamping Creations: Items For a Craft Fair - Hershey Nugget holders You cant really see the tray. Try a google search for Hershey nuggets tutorial. Oh wait, here's one:
Stuck on Stampin': 12 days of Christmas {projects} - day 4
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #772  
Crimping Master

Hi everyone, I am new to this thread - I love reading what everyone has made, this is such a talented group. This year for my first ever Christmas craft show I have made the Hershey Christmas Trees, Sizzix matchbox with candies inside, gift card holders as well as the Sizzix Sleigh favor box. I intend to ask $4 for the Christmas Trees, but I'm not sure what a good price is for the others. Every item is decorated with Christmas paper and the sleighs have a candy cane, 2 wrapped presents and a drum inside. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #773  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sands4everView Post
Hi everyone, I am new to this thread - I love reading what everyone has made, this is such a talented group. This year for my first ever Christmas craft show I have made the Hershey Christmas Trees, Sizzix matchbox with candies inside, gift card holders as well as the Sizzix Sleigh favor box. I intend to ask $4 for the Christmas Trees, but I'm not sure what a good price is for the others. Every item is decorated with Christmas paper and the sleighs have a candy cane, 2 wrapped presents and a drum inside. Any suggestions?
Do you have any pics?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #774  
Crimping Master

No pics yet, but will have some soon and post. Thanks formthe reply!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #775  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sands4everView Post
thats what I charge for the trees too. Gift card holders i charge between 3 and 4 dollars, depends on the card. NOt sure on the sleighs(not familiar with them), but I find that keeping things under $10 is best for sales
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #776  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 670 Likes on 422 Posts

Marsha Welcome.
( no idea on the prices I just do cards) but, looking forward to seeing the mug shots too

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #777  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 825 Likes on 336 Posts

I'm all packed up and ready to go. Set up for the two day show begins tomorrow morning. I have photos on my blog if you'd like to take a look.
Magnolia's Place: Search results for craft show
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #778  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
I'm all packed up and ready to go. Set up for the two day show begins tomorrow morning. I have photos on my blog if you'd like to take a look.
Carol, your items are simply devine! Good luck on your craft fair!
I have a 2-day one (my last of the season) that is supposed to start Saturday but we just hit a big snowstorm today ( only 8 degrees today, 8 tomorrow,school is cancelled) and the next round may hit Saturday night. Praying it doesn't get cancelled :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #779  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennscraftView Post
Carol, your items are simply devine! Good luck on your craft fair!
I have a 2-day one (my last of the season) that is supposed to start Saturday but we just hit a big snowstorm today ( only 8 degrees today, 8 tomorrow,school is cancelled) and the next round may hit Saturday night. Praying it doesn't get cancelled :(
Thanks Jenn!

My son is in Denver and he is wishing for more snow for snowboarding!

Last edited by sc magnolia; 12-04-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #780  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks Jenn!

My son is in Denver and he is wishing for more snow for snowboarding!
Carol, should tell him to go Monarch, west of Colorado Springs. They got 18 inches. :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #781  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Beautiful....Good Luck at your show!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #782  
Stampin' Fool

I have a small school show on Friday. It is always a good one because the daytime is shopping for the kids. All vendors must sell only items $5 and under. The kids classes come through one by one and they have shopping lists for family members. Once they buy what they want, parent volunteers wrap them for the kids and they take them home all ready for gift giving. It is fun and I love doing this one.

The evening is open to the public and you can sell higher priced items. It is usually less busy but still good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #783  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

I have a small school show on Friday. It is always a good one because the daytime is shopping for the kids. All vendors must sell only items $5 and under. The kids classes come through one by one and they have shopping lists for family members. Once they buy what they want, parent volunteers wrap them for the kids and they take them home all ready for gift giving. It is fun and I love doing this one.

The evening is open to the public and you can sell higher priced items. It is usually less busy but still good.
It's wonderful that handcrafted items are available for the kids to purchase. They usually have such junky imported things at those Santa's secret shops!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #784  
Glitter Guru

Carole...everything looks AWESOME!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #785  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default 2013 craft sale best sellers

That is so nice, we used to do that years ago when I convened a craft show. The kids really liked that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #786  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Good luck Carol! Hope you sell a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #787  
Kookie Creator

I have my last show this weekend….need to color and put together Christmas gift tags and finish up 10 banners… UGH! I'll be glad when this last show is over……want to relax and enjoy the season! wish me luck! Will let you know on Sunday how it went!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #788  
Die Cut Diva

My first is tomorrow too. One more next Saturday and then I'll be ready to relax too!

Good luck everyone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #789  
Stampin' Fool

The show went really well with the kids. Always fun to help them shop.
I made up some ornaments like my hockey ones with "best mom" and "best dad" on them. The dad ones sold out. It is so hard to find things to buy dads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #790  

Well I'm done. Two day huge show is over. I didn't do as well as last year, even with a bigger booth and more stuff. All the advice and information I got from y'all made such a difference and I can't thank you enough.

I love to make things, but not at the volume needed for a show. Y'all were right, you have to love doing it because you do not make enough money to get what your time is worth. That devaluing of what I do, is very hard on me. Tender-hearted my mom used to say. So for those reasons and the fact that I don't handle stress any more, this will be my last big show. I'll do a small one with my friend this spring because I had already commited to doing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #791  
Stampin' Fool

Default baby idea

I saw these "Diaper babies" posted on facebook page i belong to. They are made of one diaper, a pair of socks and a washcloth.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-diaper-babies.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #792  
Kookie Creator

I had my final craft show yesterday�.made $154�so I was happy. My biggest seller was the altered clothespins (scrapbooking paper glued on clothespins, with an embellishment, 12 pins packaged with 6 foot of ribbon----used to hang card/pictures on)

I didn't sell one card�..was surprised at that!

Sold out of my grinch pills�.elf kisses�Duck dynasty stuff

All in all, it was a good day�.I will take some of my stocking stuffer candy items to my work (school) this week and sell the rest�. I never keep "candy items" for next year�.but will keep some other things�.

Relaxing today�.watching it snow in Kansas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #793  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Last craft show for this year

I did my last craft show for the season yesterday. This was the first year I did this show and I will do it again next year. I wasn't my best show but I did good.
I hurried and made up a few new items and I was so glad I did....sold out of all three. Someone ask me what I did with the leftover glove after I cut all the fingers out for my snowman hugs. I have been trying to come up with something for the past two years(I have allot of gloves left over) and here's what I finally made. I made them for dog and cats and sold out of what I made(only 12 because I was just testing them for next year). Also had fingers leftover...snowman hugs why not doggie hugs...I made 40 of these and sold out. I know if I had more I would have sold them. So they are definitely going on my list for next year. Something else I've had an idea for but haven't been able to find the right Christmas bags. Well I found them and came up with bags for your doggies Yule Logs. Everyone not only commented on them but bought them. I sold about 30 of them and these are also going on my list for next year. So all in all a good show. Now I'll get my craft room back in order, take a break and enjoy the holidays, start buying my items for next years show at the after Christmas sales and slowly start preparing for next years shows. Here's pics of my new items.
I also made more We tiss-ue a Merry Chrstmas since I sold out my last two shows...but didn't sell one at this show. And I found some little snowman, santa and reindeer rulers and made them up snowman rules, santa rules and snowmen rule.......made about 50 and didn't sell 1. Go figure. You never know. Hope everyone had good shows. Inside watching it snow, watching football and relaxing today.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1207131236.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1207131234a.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1207131233.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #794  
Stampin' Fool

Love them! Doggy stuff always sells it seems
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #795  
Die Cut Diva

I had my first on Saturday. We did better than I thought. The weatherman said it was going to be cold, wet and possibly sleet, but we didn't get any of that except for cold. The customers were a steady flow so the time went by so quick. I met a lot of nice people and had a really good time. I have one more this coming Saturday and then the rest go to my work for coworkers to purchase. You know the funny thing is I didn't think I made so much but when it's all spread out WOW I have been busy! LOL I guess when you're on a roll, you just don't pay attention.

I can't say that any one thing sold more than others but I was surprised that I did not sell one candy wrapper snowman. Last year I couldn't keep them in the basket. This year, not one...who knows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #796  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Knox,
What is in the doggy yule log? Is it a chew stick?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #797  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookskarenView Post
Knox,
What is in the doggy yule log? Is it a chew stick?
Poop bags!!!!! Teehee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #798  
Kookie Creator

Had my second last sale this weekend. Did better than last year and that is saying something considering the extreme cold. Also got 2 leads for stamping so all in all a good weekend. Didn't sell one Hershey tree or star, don't get it. Sold lots of fridge magnets and a wreath, but the rest was just an assortment of items.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #799  
Glitter Guru

Glad everyone had a good weekend of shows! I did a new one to me and did well....I sold a bunch of M&M sticks, elf legs, duck dynasty chocolates and hershey snowman, between them, Frenchies purse gift card holder and my reindeer tealight, that was the bulk of my sales. A few other items here and there,all added up to $260! I put all my above candy out at $1.50 each or3/$4 and most people buy in groups of 3. Also got leads on two spring shows and orders for baby shower favors and book club gifts!
ONe more show this weekend, only going to make some more M&M sticks and hershey snowman for it, hopefully have enough of everything else!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #800  
Cardstock Collector

Default show this weekend

I did my 3 day show this weekend and all I can say is Thank God its over!! I made $350, but that doesn't cover all my expenses, so I will say I'm in the hole for $100. The venue was an indoor flea market, so I think it wasn't the venue for my crafts. I sold alot of the cocoa packs, very little of the tea bag/cookie holders. Half of my elf legs went and some solar table lights I made. The mini coffee cups weren't as successful as I hoped, and I sold a few gift card holders. I purchased wholesale some duck dynasty stuff, sold a few of those and made some clocks, sold only 2..was surprised. I am glad it's over, I learned some things and now I am in full production mode for clocks that I sell on Ebay for the last 10 years!! Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for all the inspiration I got from you all.
Reply With Quote Likes