Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #401  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you have to be a fan member to post on Sunday. Someone will approve them tomorrow.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #402  
Glitter Queen

What candy do you use to fill stuff up since Hershey kisses are so expense in canda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #403  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JojoxiexieView Post
What candy do you use to fill stuff up since Hershey kisses are so expense in canda
I live at a border crossing so I get most of my candy in US. Also, there is no tax charged in US for candy, which also saves $$.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #404  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
I live at a border crossing so I get most of my candy in US. Also, there is no tax charged in US for candy, which also saves $$.
Aww too bad, I live close to but sadly I couldn't go this weekend i had to work and study for tests but no tax? Surprising well I hope to go down one day and buy nuggets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #405  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkieView Post
I believe you have to be a fan member to post on Sunday. Someone will approve them tomorrow.

Is that why they can't see the pics in my gallery?? I guess the gals will have to wait until tomorrow.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #406  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Your pics are posted. I just looked at them and they are a great group of projects! Congrats on your good sale. What candy is in the Duck Dynasty pocket fold? I liked the DD ribbon also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #407  
Pearl-ExPert

Deb, lovely stuff! Your clothespins are so cute!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #408  
Stampin' Fool

Found this idea which could be used for card sets:
Debbie's Designs: Card Pouch Tutorial
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #409  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default 2013 Craft sale best sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by JojoxiexieView Post
After reading here that Bulk Barn carries Hershey Nuggets at Christmas, I stopped into one today. They are getting them in next week as well as christmas coloured M&M's.

Walking out I saw they carry the kisses as well, but did not stop to check out the price. I loaded up on hershey nuggets when we winter in Arizona or whenever family go across the border. In the u.s. they come to 8 cents each, so it will be interesting to see what they will cost at Bulk Barn.

Now that Hershey packages them with a mixture the solid chocolate ones are only a quarter of the package as opposed to being able to buy a whole package of the silver wrapped solid chocolate. I have to use the later when making treats for the grands classmates because of nut allergies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #410  
Pearl-ExPert

Cute snowman soup stamp set - I may have to invest in that.

Nice job on the sale Deb, your items in the gallery are very cute.

On the reindeer noses where you use some dark (whoppers usually) and one red (cherry ball?) where do you get a cherry ball? Are they hard candy or soft. I'm not sure what it is. The only thing I can think of is wrapped in plastic (but maybe one takes that off for this project?) I haven't done any of those for a while and they are cute little stocking stuffers to do. Plus I have an adorable grandson (well two but one is way too little for stuff to chew!) and it would be cute to do for him too.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #411  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm working on the little nugget hugs snowmen - bought face stamps from Peechy Keen Stamps and they are so cute and easy to use for this. Those little guys are adorable once you put the sticker around the nugget (the faces all stamped out on a label sheet is kind of creepy). And then the with their 'hat', they just are adorable. I think I'm going to try to see if I can package them somehow, otherwise I'll sell them individually.

I didn't take pictures when I set up at the last sale. But I will at my next sale and will post some items too. I have to do that for me anyway because I kind of forget what I do or how to do things every year.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #412  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
Cute snowman soup stamp set - I may have to invest in that.

Nice job on the sale Deb, your items in the gallery are very cute.

On the reindeer noses where you use some dark (whoppers usually) and one red (cherry ball?) where do you get a cherry ball? Are they hard candy or soft. I'm not sure what it is. The only thing I can think of is wrapped in plastic (but maybe one takes that off for this project?) I haven't done any of those for a while and they are cute little stocking stuffers to do. Plus I have an adorable grandson (well two but one is way too little for stuff to chew!) and it would be cute to do for him too.
I haven't made these (yet) but for the noses, SIXLETS candy is now available in individual colors. You might be able to find red ones in your local craft store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #413  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'm working on the little nugget hugs snowmen - bought face stamps from Peechy Keen Stamps and they are so cute and easy to use for this. Those little guys are adorable once you put the sticker around the nugget (the faces all stamped out on a label sheet is kind of creepy). And then the with their 'hat', they just are adorable. I think I'm going to try to see if I can package them somehow, otherwise I'll sell them individually.

I didn't take pictures when I set up at the last sale. But I will at my next sale and will post some items too. I have to do that for me anyway because I kind of forget what I do or how to do things every year.
I love these too.....I was thinking of packaging 2 or 3 together in a clear bag with a topper that says "So glad we're friends" or Snow-buddies or something like that. I like to have some different items that I can price $3 each or 4/$10.....it seems to encourage bulk buying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #414  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookskarenView Post
Your pics are posted. I just looked at them and they are a great group of projects! Congrats on your good sale. What candy is in the Duck Dynasty pocket fold? I liked the DD ribbon also.

Our WalMart had some Duck Dynasty halloween candy....Palmer brand Peanut butter candy. I bought it in September.....haven't seen it since! The ribbon I bought on Ebay...as well as the "bottle cap" circles

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I'm excited for another show this weekend! Just need to get busy again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #415  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
After reading here that Bulk Barn carries Hershey Nuggets at Christmas, I stopped into one today. They are getting them in next week as well as christmas coloured M&M's.
I have bought them at Bulk Barn but the nuggest in Canada are a different size than the ones in US. They are wider and thinner, instead of being thick and narrow. They don't fit the dimesnisons for some of the project ideas. Make sure you buy just a couple firsta dn size them for your project before buying lots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #416  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I used whoppers and gum balls. I have seen some people use the cherry sour candies which are sold in my local bulk store. I bought gumballs in bulk also, so was able to just pick out the red ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #417  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Nugget snowman?? I am not able to visualize that one. Do you have a pic? It sounds cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #418  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

I found nuggets in Sobeys bulk section - they have both kinds and I wasn't sure which ones will fit so I got them both Used up the thick ones already, I think the tree trunk could be adjusted to fit these too

Quote:

I have bought them at Bulk Barn but the nuggest in Canada are a different size than the ones in US. They are wider and thinner, instead of being thick and narrow. They don't fit the dimesnisons for some of the project ideas. Make sure you buy just a couple firsta dn size them for your project before buying lots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #419  
Pearl-ExPert

Default 2013 craft sale best sellers

Quote:

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I will have a good look. It's not like I really need (lol) any. I have four big bags stashed away in my closet. Good thing I am not a Big Chocoholic like hubby and the rest of the family. in fact I have to throw out A bunch of Pearson mints that have gone stale on me that I forgot about .

As I do not have any specific project in mind, being thinner may not be a bad thing.Then I could put a sentiment saying they are "low calorie". ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #420  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
I love these too.....I was thinking of packaging 2 or 3 together in a clear bag with a topper that says "So glad we're friends" or Snow-buddies or something like that. I like to have some different items that I can price $3 each or 4/$10.....it seems to encourage bulk buying!
That's a good idea for the saying, I have a SU set called snowbuddies and one of the saying has something about snowbuddies on it. They do fit in a pretzel bag, but maybe with a sleeve would work better. Still thinking about how that's going to work. If I run out of time they will be individual. They really are cute though.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #421  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nugget snowman?? I am not able to visualize that one. Do you have a pic? It sounds cute.
Check out post 249 by Knox - she has some in her gallery - sixth picture in I think. Just a nugget with a label wrapped face. I think she bought the stamped labels (or a digi link) and I found a rubber stamp to use.

but knox also has super cute Minions in her gallery too that I missed, I think twinkies were used. My grandson (and a friend) just love Minions. They would be fun to make.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #422  
Stampin' Fool

I have some nuggets left over. Anyone have a tutorial or dimensions for quick but cute nugget purse?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #423  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I have some nuggets left over. Anyone have a tutorial or dimensions for quick but cute nugget purse?
Frenchie Stamps has one.

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #424  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
Frenchie Stamps has one.
Frenchie has one but it wasn't the one I was thinking of. Angie Juda has one Hershey Nugget Purse | Chic' n Scratch

It looks really easy.

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #425  
Gallery Gazer

Love the little nugget purses, they are great for using up little scraps of favorite designer papers. One cute idea for these is to hang them all over a mini Christmas tree. Decorate a little base for it from a tin or box, then wrap the whole thing in cello with a bow. I gave one to the girls at the salon where I go, they loved it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #426  
Pearl-ExPert

Besides just making them out of patterned paper, I have also used plain card stock and run it through an embossing folder. Even as far as getting a particular pattern on the front of the purse.

I also made one for summer that looked like it was a straw bag. They are such fun things to work with. Don't forget you can even make them smaller to hold just one nugget as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #427  
Kookie Creator

Here we go again. I have never seen the Snowman popcorn or anything like it done in my area. I have bought my popcorn packets and now I can't find the download for the cute snowman. Can anyone please post it once again for a newbie to craft fairs.
Thank you in advance.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #428  
Pearl-ExPert

Craft Fair Goodies & Video Tutorial: Snowmen Hershey Bar Wrappers

There ya go. This link will get you to the download for the wrappers - there's one for the candy bars and another for the popcorn (if I remember that right). I run mine off on my picutre software to print four and then use those for the little Hershey bars.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #429  
Stampin' Fool

I have been making the snowmen for 5 years now. The first year, nobody had ever seen it. In the second year, people had taken my snowman and made photocopies then added their own colouring. The third year, others found the image. So now, I modify my snowman just a little. Sometimes, I even use different shaped chocolate bars.
Honestly - every year I consider not making them but last year I sold 400 of them at 7 shows. So, how could I not continue making them! lol

You will do well with them Linda. Good luck!
This year, I did splurge and buy some dark chocolate one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #430  
Stampin' Fool

Any tips for cutting flannel?
It seems to take me so long. I am wondering if there is a quicker way that hasn't occurred to me??!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #431  
Pearl-ExPert

I can't imagine making 400 of them! Your craft sales are way bigger than the ones I do! And no I don't have any helpful hints in cutting the fabric. But I'm not a sewer. I don't sew mine anyway. But if you sewed could you do a long strip of them (that would be wide enough for the bars, and then just cut that into pieces that would be as tall as you needed? They shouldn't unravle (I think).

I ran out of fleece for mine and I went to WalMart and bought 1/4 yards of some they had on sale. And it kind of worked out nice that way - I still had to cut down but I wondered if I had them cut it at 1/8 it would be 'tall' enough for the snowman. And then I'd only have to cut for each individual one width wise. Saves on cutting and they cut way straighter than I do.

Good luck on your sales this weekend Diane - I think I saw on your facebook page that they are this weekend. And to everyone else! I'm visiting grandsons this weekend and then I have two next weekend. Never done a Sunday one before so I'll see how that goes.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #432  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Peppermint Patties and Craft Shows and Cards

First show of the holiday season is on Sat. at the local high school. I am going to set up friday night as opposed to getting up early sat. morning. I always do this if they have the option. Anyway I was packing some things today and realized I hardly had any cards. I still needed some pp's and went to the dollar tree to check them out. After looking at their candy I saw all they had was unwrapped patties. I ask the clerk and she took me to the same spot and showed me some of the bags did say individually wrapped. Yippie....I bought a few bags and when I opened them I was pleasantly surprised...12 patties wrapped like the old York patties and there was red and green writing on the foil. The brand is Palmer by Landmark confections...they're in a dark brown bag. I posted a picture of the card I made with these patties in my gallery if you want to check it out. The directions for this card are on you tube(Christie Daugherty). I think it turned out nice. When you pull the bookmark out-the pp comes out the back. Still have more cards to make. Does anyone else work up to the last minute? I never feel like I have enough and when I get to the show I realize I don't have enough room on the table for all my goodies.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1030131758a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #433  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Oops

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxView Post
First show of the holiday season is on Sat. at the local high school. I am going to set up friday night as opposed to getting up early sat. morning. I always do this if they have the option. Anyway I was packing some things today and realized I hardly had any cards. I still needed some pp's and went to the dollar tree to check them out. After looking at their candy I saw all they had was unwrapped patties. I ask the clerk and she took me to the same spot and showed me some of the bags did say individually wrapped. Yippie....I bought a few bags and when I opened them I was pleasantly surprised...12 patties wrapped like the old York patties and there was red and green writing on the foil. The brand is Palmer by Landmark confections...they're in a dark brown bag. I posted a picture of the card I made with these patties in my gallery if you want to check it out. The directions for this card are on you tube(Christie Daugherty). I think it turned out nice. When you pull the bookmark out-the pp comes out the back. Still have more cards to make. Does anyone else work up to the last minute? I never feel like I have enough and when I get to the show I realize I don't have enough room on the table for all my goodies.
I didn't think the pic posted here, but it did. Sooner or later I'll get this stuff right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #434  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

First show of the holiday season is on Sat. at the local high school. ....12 patties wrapped like the old York patties and there was red and green writing on the foil.
I posted a picture of the card I made with these patties in my gallery if you want to check it out. The directions for this card are on you tube(Christie Daugherty). I think it turned out nice. When you pull the bookmark out-the pp comes out the back. Still have more cards to make. Does anyone else work up to the last minute? I never feel like I have enough and when I get to the show I realize I don't have enough room on the table for all my goodies.
These are very cute! What will you sell them for?

Mary-
Yes. This weekend marks my first sale. Busy for the next 5 weeks now.

Knox-
I am always crafting up until the last minute too. Mostly because I am a perfectionist. I wish I could just slap some paper on, but I won't put it out if I wouldn't buy it myself.
My table is always crammed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #435  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Craft Fair Goodies & Video Tutorial: Snowmen Hershey Bar Wrappers

There ya go. This link will get you to the download for the wrappers - there's one for the candy bars and another for the popcorn (if I remember that right). I run mine off on my picutre software to print four and then use those for the little Hershey bars.
I tried the link and I couldn't get anything. Went to her blog too and it doesn't show up either. Boo Hoo. Will have to make them on my own I guess, but thanks guys for the help. I sure do appreciate it.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #436  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I'm always crafting up until showtime.....need to be working on cards for this saturday....but had to check in at Splitcoast first!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #437  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinDView Post
I tried the link and I couldn't get anything. Went to her blog too and it doesn't show up either. Boo Hoo. Will have to make them on my own I guess, but thanks guys for the help. I sure do appreciate it.

Linda

that's odd, it comes up when I click the link. You should still be able to find it on Kerry's blog by searching for snowmen candy bars.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #438  
Pearl-ExPert

I was at SOBEYS today and they have big bags of sour cherry candy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #439  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinDView Post

Linda
Yes. It looks like she took it down from her blog. It is no longer there.

Just do a google search for "snowman candy wrapper" and lots of images will come up. You can go to the website and right click to save.
Here are 2 I have used before. The first one is Laurie's. The only thing is it is a jpg file so you have to size it before printing.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-snowmanwrapperforpopcorn-1.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-snow-man-candy-wrapper-template2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2013, 12:51 AM   #440  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Card Price

Quote:

These are very cute! What will you sell them for?

Mary-
Yes. This weekend marks my first sale. Busy for the next 5 weeks now.

Knox-
I am always crafting up until the last minute too. Mostly because I am a perfectionist. I wish I could just slap some paper on, but I won't put it out if I wouldn't buy it myself.
My table is always crammed!
I haven't decided on the price yet. I am not good in pricing cards. I probably change the price sticker at least 3 times before I settle on something. Between 2.00 and 3.00. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Likes