Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #281  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smritiView Post
Do people put the snowman popcorn into clear envelopes or bags? If so what size bags do you use and where do you get them from?

I would like to put them in clear bags but can't seem to find the size at a reasonable price.
They fit in the plain clear party bags at Walmart.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #282  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
They fit in the plain clear party bags at Walmart.
Thank you so much for the info! Do you know if any of the craft store have them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #283  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have sometimes used the clear bags I've found in the Wilton cake sections, at the craft stores. Use a coupon to bring the price down. For me it's also been a year to year thing finding them in the other sections of Hobby Lobby and Michael's. It's like a hunting expedition ;) but I always try the craft stores first, with coupons of course!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #284  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If you use clear bags alot, it is best to order them online (I get mine at clearbags.com) but for a package here and there, definitely the local craft stores with coupons is the way to go.

I search all year round for these kinds of things, and buy them when I see them or have a coupon.
For example, I buy my cutter refill blades or ATG glue gun refills throughout the year with coupons in preparation for using alot of them for craft shows. (I had 6 ATG refill 2-packs that were purchased at 50% off and am down to 1 pack now).
This has worked well because I often find them out of stock. If I really NEEDED them when out of stock, then I would have to buy them full price somewhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #285  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
Heres a download for the santa key:

Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour: Santa�s Magic Key
For anyone looking for the keys. My Michaels had them in the "1.50 bin" Wish it was still a 1.00 bin, like last year.

I bought 20 keys this year and am almost done putting them together.

I charged 3.00 last year, but with the increase in key price I am thinking 4.00 this year. Do ya'll think that would be to much??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #286  
Glitter Guru

Received 251 Likes on 112 Posts

Success! It was a great craft show today, I made about $250! My best sellers were my cards, the peace sign & angry bird bookmarks. The grinch pills, the bible verse tins, post it note holders and jumbo clothespins! Whew! I hope my next show goes very well and I sell out of the other items! I don't plan to make anything else this year, I am burned out! I plan to showcase the the food items, like snowman soup, reindeer food etc...I don't want those left over! Hope you all have great shows this year!!
Angie~Jeremiah 29:11
My blog: http://angieannastamps.com/
https://facebook.com/stampingwithangie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #287  
Glitter Queen

Congrats on a successful show Angie!!! My 1st and only show is next weekend. I did great last year and am hoping for a repeat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #288  
Inking Addict

subbing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #289  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 805 Likes on 328 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by angieh29View Post
Success! It was a great craft show today, I made about $250! My best sellers were my cards, the peace sign & angry bird bookmarks. The grinch pills, the bible verse tins, post it note holders and jumbo clothespins! Whew! I hope my next show goes very well and I sell out of the other items! I don't plan to make anything else this year, I am burned out! I plan to showcase the the food items, like snowman soup, reindeer food etc...I don't want those left over! Hope you all have great shows this year!!
So glad it went well Angie!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #290  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdesignsView Post
For anyone looking for the keys. My Michaels had them in the "1.50 bin" Wish it was still a 1.00 bin, like last year.

I bought 20 keys this year and am almost done putting them together.

I charged 3.00 last year, but with the increase in key price I am thinking 4.00 this year. Do ya'll think that would be to much??
We are struggling with what to charge for some of our things too. Today at stamp club the girls looked at lots of our stuff and told us to increase our prices. We all decided to go with the higher prices and if it looks like something is not selling, we can always reduce the price some.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #291  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you all mind sharing some of your prices? i think i am going about this all wrong. when i google craft show photos i see a theme in color, etc. and since i've not done a show before i do not know how much to make. any info will help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #292  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't help you on pricing, as I'm in Australia! I have read that people in different areas will pay different prices for the same thing, so you'll have to judge what you think your market would cope with. In pricing my items, I do not really charge for my time, unless I want to work for about 2 cents an hour - it is just a hobby! I consider the price of the elements, what a similar item might sell for in a $2-type store, partially the amount of work in it, the 'uniqueness' and/or cuteness of it. What would I be happy to pay for it (and I'm a cheapskate!). As for the number of items, I have way too much, and need to re-consider what I take to sell in future. I may have only a few of something I suspect will not be a big hit (eg baby keepsakes tins), or a couple of dozen of something I hope will be popular. I have about 200 cards plus 800 other items in my current inventory, split over many categories such as magnets, heaps of different post-it note holders, covered notebooks, bottlecap jewellery, decorated candles, bookmarks and more. If you look at kerryspapercrafts.com, you'll see Kerry's lovely products, stall photos and pricing under her Craft Fair category. Consider what you like to make, and are capable of making in whatever time you have before your show. You should also consider whether you think you might commit to future shows, as you may need to buy tablecloths, tables, display racks/baskets, storage boxes, trolleys for moving your goods, etc. I have invested in all these because I'm hoping to do stalls for a few years to come, but it does mean I'm not really "making any money", just recouping some expenses. Do you have a friend or relative to help you (at least for stall days)? It's much more enjoyable with a fellow crafter. Have you found places to sell at? I only started looking in August this year, thinking I had loads of time before christmas, but problems like cost, space, location, insurance requirements, open air facility have reduced the number of markets my friend and I want to do. You should check about the tax/business rules that apply where you are too. Best wishes with whatever you decide to do. I hope you are one of the success stories of the future!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #293  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by angieh29View Post
Awesome!!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #294  
Insane Embellisher

i have no idea whether i will do another show. i guess i'll see how this goes. there are a couple of places in town that said they would sell things for me. working and meetings at least 5 nights per month, plus add in daily exercise, dance lessons, book club and all the wifely things like cleaning and cooking and marketing, i feel like i am busy every minute of every day. the craft show crafting has taken the place of cleaning my house! and it shows.

i my real job, i price material by 3 times. if i pay $1 for a part, i sell it for $3. somewhere on scs i read it should be 4 times.

i will be sharing space with my son and his girlfriend. that will be fun. the table has to be covered and i plan on buying some plastic tableclothes for this one.

the show is at my church, so the table rental was $40 for two tables. i suspect we will make that. i plan on giving 10 percent back, then i probably owe my husband the rest for craft supplies!

i keep thinking i may have biten off more than i can chew. then i think last year at this show there was a 13 yr old selling bath fizzies, so if she can do it, surely i can. it will be interesting, if nothing else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #295  

The display board is finished! Whew! I actually thought I could whip it out in a day!!! What was I thinking :confused: :lol: Pictures are on my blog:

Magnolia's Place
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #296  
Pearl-ExPert

Angie - congratulations on a good show! It always feels so good to have your hardwork pay off!

Carole - really like your display board! You're so creative - I'm sure your booth will be very unique!

lori92760 - I agree pricing is very specific to your market. Of the two shows I do, in one of them people are very sensitive to pricing. I generally double my materials cost, add 20% for adhesives etc., then add tax. Using this calculation I've found that most of my prices are around what people mention here. So I can't do 3 times or 4 times - maybe because my cost is already high...not sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #297  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie1031View Post
I have sometimes used the clear bags I've found in the Wilton cake sections, at the craft stores. Use a coupon to bring the price down. For me it's also been a year to year thing finding them in the other sections of Hobby Lobby and Michael's. It's like a hunting expedition ;) but I always try the craft stores first, with coupons of course!
I went to the craft stores this weekend and kept thinking that there was something I was forgetting. It was the clear bags! Of course, I didn't remember them till I was out of the store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #298  
Insane Embellisher

where does everyone get the mini pens for the post it note holders. i use an accucut die for the post it note holders, because i could never find the pens for the other kind of note holder. just for future reference. thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #299  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many times I've done that! I've found what works best for me (when I follow thru) is to make a running list, as I'm working on my projects. Then I go thru the sale papers for Joann's, Michael's & Hobby Lobby. When I go out on my shopping spree I'm more prepared then & don't usually stray buying so many other goodies. I've really tried to cut down on my buying of things I don't actually need & make myself use what I have on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #300  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
where does everyone get the mini pens for the post it note holders. i use an accucut die for the post it note holders, because i could never find the pens for the other kind of note holder. just for future reference. thanks.
Lori, I got mine at Staples, they are on sale 12 for $2.90 which is 24 cents each. I noticed the sale online, but not in my store's sale add, so I printed the online add and took it to my store. They honored the price and my craft show partner and I bought 4 boxes You know they fit great in SU's clear mount stamp cases too. Have you seen the Junior legal pads made with them?
Staples� MINI Gel Stick Pens, Medium, Assorted, Dozen | Staples�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #301  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
Lori, I got mine at Staples, they are on sale 12 for $2.90 which is 24 cents each. I noticed the sale online, but not in my store's sale add, so I printed the online add and took it to my store. They honored the price and my craft show partner and I bought 4 boxes You know they fit great in SU's clear mount stamp cases too. Have you seen the Junior legal pads made with them?
Staples� MINI Gel Stick Pens, Medium, Assorted, Dozen | Staples�
I am able to find them easily at local Dollar stores - sets of 4 or 5 for $1-$1.50.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #302  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
I too get mine at Staples.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #303  
Stampin' Fool

Default Snowman Kisses

Finished my Snowman Kisses made with Tic tacs.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Craft Sales Ideas and Plans-2012august-012.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #304  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello all! It has been quite a while since I have posted on here! It seems everyone is very busy preparing for their craft shows! I work full time, do craft shows, and have an etsy shop so I rarely find time to post. I usually just lurk! Lol!

I noticed some of you were discussing A2 size envelopes. If you're a member of Sam's Club, they have them for $6.67 for a box of 100! I buy mine online. No shipping cost either! (But you do have to pay tax, which is not much.)

I have a few questions:

1) I used to be able to hover my cursor over someone's name and a dropdown list would appear where I could click to see their gallery. Is this no longer possible? I can't get it to work.

2) What is the snowman popcorn someone mentioned? Do you have pics?

3) How are you packaging the lip gloss?

I scanned the conversations for 2-3 pages back, but didn't find where anyone had posted pics of these. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #305  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by delightfuldaisyView Post
Hello all! It has been quite a while since I have posted on here! It seems everyone is very busy preparing for their craft shows! I work full time, do craft shows, and have an etsy shop so I rarely find time to post. I usually just lurk! Lol!

I noticed some of you were discussing A2 size envelopes. If you're a member of Sam's Club, they have them for $6.67 for a box of 100! I buy mine online. No shipping cost either! (But you do have to pay tax, which is not much.)

I have a few questions:

1) I used to be able to hover my cursor over someone's name and a dropdown list would appear where I could click to see their gallery. Is this no longer possible? I can't get it to work.

3) How are you packaging the lip gloss?

I scanned the conversations for 2-3 pages back, but didn't find where anyone had posted pics of these. Thanks for your help!
You have to click on their name and it drops down now.
My Little Stampin' Heaven - My blog
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #306  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
So cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #307  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Here's a link to the snowman popcorn I made: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #308  
Pearl-ExPert

These projects people are displaying here are very cute! I almost hate looking because it makes me think 'hey I should do that' - in like three days! I didn't do the popcorn snowmen, was going to but just ran out of time (for this one at least).

My first sale is Saturday - I have had this crappy cold off and on for about three weeks now and its wearing me out. Its back again and it makes it hard to focus on doing things. But I did get some things done last night.

This sale won't be my best (from past experience) so if some things aren't ready for it I'm not going to fret - I will have them ready for next week's sale and then the weekend after that.

I will have one in early/mid December too (at a friend's home so that will be different!).

Good luck to all who are selling your wares this weekend! Makes tons of money!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #309  

Quote:

I just wanted to share with you guys how the b/w printout came out. Attached is a photo.

I colored the nose with a sharpie and the cheeks were watercolored using Spun Sugar distress ink.
I couldn't imagine how the black and white image would look. You really did a wonderful job with this, it's adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #310  

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
too cute Diane, how many did you make?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #311  

Today I made 50 birds, 10 candy holders with belly bands, and 8 more cans of snowman soup. Three fun size candy bars can fit in the treat holders. The huge bags were on sale at Publix today, buy one get one free I have enough stuff to make 14 more cans of snowmen, as soon we empty more cans and that will give me 35. I think I should do more before the big show Dec 1. I changed the soup can label so that it says Northpole instead of Campbells.
Here are the birds: Magnolia's Place: I May Never Go Outside Again!
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Craft Sales Ideas and Plans-bellyband.jpg   2012 Craft Sales Ideas and Plans-treatbaginside.jpg   2012 Craft Sales Ideas and Plans-can-snowman.jpg   2012 Craft Sales Ideas and Plans-snowmanheaven.jpg  

Last edited by sc magnolia; 10-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: errors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #312  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

too cute Diane, how many did you make?
48 of them.
I haven't made them for a couple years now and have customers asking for them, so they should do ok...I hope!
I sell them for $4 at beginning of season and do drop price to $3 if they are not selling fast enough.

Tonight, I was working on altered gum packets. I don't think I am going to finish these before this weekend though. I need to make some all-occasion cards because I have run out, so I am hoping to whip a few together quick tomorrow and Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #313  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Today I made 50 birds, 10 candy holders with belly bands, and 8 more cans of snowman soup. Three fun size candy bars can fit in the treat holders. The huge bags were on sale at Publix today, buy one get one free I have enough stuff to make 14 more cans of snowmen, as soon we empty more cans and that will give me 35. I think I should do more before the big show Dec 1. I changed the soup can label so that it says Northpole instead of Campbells.
Here are the birds: Magnolia's Place: I May Never Go Outside Again!
These are cute!
Sounds like you had a productive day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #314  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smriti, you popcorn snowmen are so cute!
And sc magnolis, I love the birds! They almost look real!

I haved a show the first weekend in Nov. Am I ready? I need to get busy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #315  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Smriti, you popcorn snowmen are so cute!
And sc magnolis, I love the birds! They almost look real!

I haved a show the first weekend in Nov. Am I ready? I need to get busy!
Thank you! Me too - my first show is first weekend of Nov!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #316  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Here's a link to the snowman popcorn I made: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
This snowman face is so adorable!! You did a great job :-D Can you tell me where you found it? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #317  
Stampin' Fool

I completed some other treat items for my xmas craft shows. I made some gum packs and the m&m sticks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #318  
Pearl-ExPert

I found a cute santa rollo project and did some - they are in my gallery with a link to the blog I found them on with some instructions. Very cute.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #319  
Compulsive Stamper

Default rolo Santas

Oh my gosh - Mary, your Rolo Santas are too cute! Thanks for sharing :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2012, 04:23 AM   #320  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
I found a cute santa rollo project and did some - they are in my gallery with a link to the blog I found them on with some instructions. Very cute.
Mary those are ADORABLE!!!!!
Did they take long to make?
I see the hat is fabric cut 4 by 5, did you sew it together or glue?

I'd LOVE to make some of these

Last edited by sc magnolia; 10-23-2012 at 04:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes