Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Thank you Sheri!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to request another tea party. A few years back I requested one for my best friend, Lesley, and she was so overwhelmed and thankful with all the the kindness sent to her. Sadly, she passed away. I miss her.

This New Year at our first coffee date, one of our ladies did not attend. We received an email later that day from Sue explaining that she has had a couple of treatments for breast cancer and that it is aggressive. Well, I do not have to tell you the shock and pain all of us felt.

So, I am requesting a tea party for Sue. Sue has been a dear friend for over 20 years and the biweekly coffee dates have been just about as long. Sue is a farming wife, grandmother, involved with the Canadian Crown Jewels (Canadian Red Hatters), loves to go on cruises, loves to play board games, and an artist with a paint brush in her hand.

I know Sue will appreciate any card sent to her and I can see her beautiful smile when she opens them:

Sue Jenkins
Box 8
Okotoks, Alberta
T0L 1T0
Canada

I would like to thank all of the tea potters for their kindness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 05:18 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards are meView Post
I would like to request another tea party. A few years back I requested one for my best friend, Lesley, and she was so overwhelmed and thankful with all the the kindness sent to her. Sadly, she passed away. I miss her.

This New Year at our first coffee date, one of our ladies did not attend. We received an email later that day from Sue explaining that she has had a couple of treatments for breast cancer and that it is aggressive. Well, I do not have to tell you the shock and pain all of us felt.

So, I am requesting a tea party for Sue. Sue has been a dear friend for over 20 years and the biweekly coffee dates have been just about as long. Sue is a farming wife, grandmother, involved with the Canadian Crown Jewels (Canadian Red Hatters), loves to go on cruises, loves to play board games, and an artist with a paint brush in her hand.

I know Sue will appreciate any card sent to her and I can see her beautiful smile when she opens them:

Sue Jenkins
Box 8
Okotoks, Alberta
T0L 1T0
Canada

I would like to thank all of the tea potters for their kindness.
absolutely....will get her on the list....many prayers her way
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 09:09 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Sheri, it is so much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Sheri, Our very own teapotter, Jan (Precious Kitty) is having surgery this coming Wednesday, February 15. I know she would appreciate some speedy recovery wishes. She's a woman of faith, loves cats, reading and is so quick to send a card to those in need.
Thanks!

Last edited by Covington Crafter; 02-13-2017 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

Hi Sheri,
I have missed a few weeks of teapot challenges lately. Have had a thousand things happening with my Hubbby's medical issues. But I also have a Sisterr-in-law who is terminally ill. She has several different cancers. She was diagnosed about 9 months ago and has just now gone into hospice care. She and her husband moved into an assisted living situation so he would have more help in caring for her as she has chosen to do no further Chemo. She probably has about 2 to 3 months before this will take her away from us. We have just been up to WI to visit before she gets too bad to even get out of bed.
She has enjoyed so much the cards she has received during these last 9 months. I would like to give her a really mega dose of cards to cheer her in the next month or so.
Her name is Kathy Perkovich. Please let me know if there is a week in the schedule where we could send her our cards.
They should be sent to:
Kathy Perkovich
5800 Pennsylvania Ave, Apt 231
Appleton, WI 54914
She loves birds, trees, anything from nature, etc. Really she would love any card she received!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Hi, all. I uploaded these cards for the inspiration challenge yesterday, and someone suggested that I post Alice's need here. She's recently been diagnosed with throat cancer, probably thyroid. She sees the surgeon on Friday...

She's already survived melanoma and breast cancer. She's feeling frustrated/tired.

She's a Red Hatter. Picture her in Victorian regalia. Very into Elvis Presley and lighthouses. But especially Elvis. And she absolutely loves to color! It's her therapy, I think.

Alice Knighten
1390 Pennoyer Apt 15
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
USA

Thanks!

eta: surgery scheduled for June 2

Last edited by tessaduck; 05-09-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone! For those of you that know Dani aka Dells Dani she has been out due to a back injury. She is seeing the doctor today. She has a roommate that lives with her named Dawn. Dani speaks of her very often.

Dawn's mother, Mary Elam, came to help Dani while she is trying to get well. Dani is on bed rest.

While here Mary took ill and had to have a triple bypass, which occurred on May 14th. Mary is having a very slow time at recovery. It took her a week to wake up after the surgery. She is now staying with Dani till she recovers.

Dani has asked that Mary's name be added for a tea party to help cheer her up.

Mary loves antiques and flowers.

Mary Elam
W1311 Arbor Lake North
Lyndon Station, Wisconsin 53944

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 06:25 AM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

A teen with autism in Wilmington, NC only has one birthday wish each year and this year he is turning 16. Dante Brown, 15, wants nothing more than to get mail on his birthday. He loves getting birthday cards in the mail from anyone who will send them to him. Every time he gets mail, Dante sings the �We�ve got mail� song from Blues Clues.

Dante is about to turn 16 on August 1. Last year, Dante got about 60 or 70 cards from people all over the country. This year, they are hoping for even more from all over the world.

If you would like to send him a card, here is the address:

Dante Brown
14 Apple Rd.
Castle Hayne NC 28429

Even if it won't arrive until after his birthday, I'm sure he would be thrilled to receive your card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2017, 06:08 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

A family friend's daughter, Leah, was diagnosed last month with invasive ductile carcinoma; stage two breast cancer Leah is fairly young (in her late 30s) and the diagnosis came as quite a shock. Leah had opted for an MRI of both breasts, a bone scan and genetic testing before surgery only to get get more bad news. She found out that she carries the cancer gene so she is facing a double mastectomy and has to have her ovaries removed followed by radiation and chemo.

Leah had surgery last Friday and is now recovering but is facing the battle of her lifetime. She has faced this so bravely but understandably is just weepy at times. Her mom and dad live out of state and are there now helping her through her recovery - she is not married and has no children. It's shocking to know how someone's life can change so dramatically in just a short period of time. Do not take one day for granted!

I'm requesting a tea party for Leah - I know it would lift her spirits tremendously. Any sort of encouragement or humorous card would be great. The funnier, the better.

Send cards to:
Leah Miller
2866 Emma Lane
Brunswick, OH 44212

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Although I haven't been on SCS as much as I used to be, I still get these requests, and was happy to send off a card to Leah today! Hope she gets lots of encouragement from the Teapotters!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquelineView Post
A family friend's daughter, Leah, was diagnosed last month with invasive ductile carcinoma; stage two breast cancer Leah is fairly young (in her late 30s) and the diagnosis came as quite a shock. Leah had opted for an MRI of both breasts, a bone scan and genetic testing before surgery only to get get more bad news. She found out that she carries the cancer gene so she is facing a double mastectomy and has to have her ovaries removed followed by radiation and chemo.

Leah had surgery last Friday and is now recovering but is facing the battle of her lifetime. She has faced this so bravely but understandably is just weepy at times. Her mom and dad live out of state and are there now helping her through her recovery - she is not married and has no children. It's shocking to know how someone's life can change so dramatically in just a short period of time. Do not take one day for granted!

I'm requesting a tea party for Leah - I know it would lift her spirits tremendously. Any sort of encouragement or humorous card would be great. The funnier, the better.

Send cards to:
Leah Miller
2866 Emma Lane
Brunswick, OH 44212
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Requesting a tea party on behalf of Hawaiian aka Victoria Kanakaole.

Kathy and Lambert Kanakaole
47-330 Ahuimanu Road #A102
Kaneohe, HI. 96744

This is Victoria's BIL and SIL.

She posted the following in our chat area for the Alphabet Challenges and asked me to see if a tea party could be done for both of them. Note: she has spotty internet on her phone, and has been away from home so no access to a better way to post to a thread.

"Yesterday was my DBIL's birthday and possibly his last ..he isn't doing so well they have now amputated both his legs and this last surgery went as well as could be expected. But being on dialysis and his heart problem has caused complication which won't allow his leg to heal and so his bone is exposed which is causing him to get infection and his become very delusional and very unlike his normal Happy .singing jolly person but always in pain and can't sleep. The doc upset his wife saying there is nothing they can do more for him : she has strong faith and told them only the lord can say when because they advised her it's time to admit him to hospice care ...I'm so scared and stress because I see my hubby going down the same road seems it has ran in the family ..so my DSIL isn't ready to give up on her hopes and faith. So you think maybe I can ask for some prayers for him and his wife and daughter?"

Thank you!
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sheri, Last year I requested a tea party for my dear Aunt Mimi (Mary).

She was found to have cancer that metastasized to the brain and has been undergoing chemo. She has now lost use of her left arm and leg and losing weight fast that she desperately needs.

This will be a hard Christmas for her, not being at home for Christmas and that it will be a year on December 29 that her spouse past away.

Would be so nice to see her get encouragement cards/Christmas cards for the holiday.
She is in a nursing home right now in VA.

Please send cards in care of her Daughter in law, Theresa Cermak. She will hand deliver them to the nursing home, otherwise, items get lost!

Mary Cermak
c/o Therese Cermak
6510 Sunny Hill Ct
McLean, VA 22101

Thank you everyone! As sick as my Aunt is this might be her last Christmas! She is a retired English professor, loves to play the piano, and deeply religious!

Last edited by annsforte3; 12-10-2017 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes