Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #201  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Anne, you are so sweet :-) I generally use sketch and/or color challenges to "kick-start" my mojo :-) When I saw that April 2016 Cards for A Cause was for homeless veterans, I wanted to create as many cards as possible.

We can never thank our veteran's enough for their service and it is such a terrible thing that so many are homeless. So thankful that the Miami VA Medical Center has a Homeless Veterans Program- I am hoping that the sentiments I am using on the cards will be an encouragement to these precious veterans.

Thanks Anne for promoting the USEIT2016 Challenge as well as Cards for A Cause- you are such an inspiration to me, for sure!! Hugs, sweet friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #202  

Hi Everyone!! Here is a Mixed Media card that I created using a Hero Arts set, Stamp Your Own Plant (one that I chose from the gift certificate I won during HYCCT) - this set had not seen ink yet and I also paired it with a sentiment from Mama Elephant (part of which I had not inked yet) :-)

TCC53_MIX164 Blessed to Know You by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2016, 12:28 AM   #203  

Hi Again! I am still working on the April 2016 Cards for A Cause and created this card using the Outlaw DP (retired Stampin' Up!) along with the SNSS Border Die and the Wplus9 stacked star dies...

C4AC38_WT578 You're Absolutely Fabulous by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Hope all of you are having a great week and have a fabulous weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2016, 11:35 PM   #204  

Hi Everyone!! I have been busy stamping this week for April 2016 Cards for A Cause and have had a chance to pull out some of those unloved stamps :-)

This card uses the ODBD Keep Climbing set that I have owned for several months and never inked yet :-)

C4AC38_AlphaWk13M Keep Climbing! by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I hope all of you are having a great weekend - hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #205  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SO happy to have found this challenge!

I am so happy that my friend, Anne Ryan, turned me onto this challenge! I have lots of products that I need to use. I am not completely on a buying freeze, but I am not purchasing near as much as before & trying to use what I have whenever I can. I am trying to pare down my DSP, ribbons & other embellishments. I can hardly find a place for things in my studio.
So...today I made this card- Fast & FabTrio by mlj-mlj - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I used the stamp set, the inks and the ribbon for the first time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #206  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Marilyn, so glad to see you've linked with Julie's USEIT2016 challenge. We all have so many things/images connected to stamping up our paper, so Julie's challenge is a great way for us to remember to use it up now. So glad to see you back in the gallery.

Sharon Madson, so you've admitted your addiction to images! Aren't we all? I'll pray for you Sharon that your compulsive behavior to buy more slows down a bit. You can beat this addiction, Sharon. We all can (if we were inclined to really stay away from all those 'must have' stamps.
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2016, 03:43 AM   #207  

Hi Everyone!! Here is a card using a verse sentiment that had not seen ink until now :-)

CAS373_BVC16 A Woman Who Fears the Lord by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2016, 03:45 AM   #208  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlj-mljView Post
I am so happy that my friend, Anne Ryan, turned me onto this challenge! I have lots of products that I need to use. I am not completely on a buying freeze, but I am not purchasing near as much as before & trying to use what I have whenever I can. I am trying to pare down my DSP, ribbons & other embellishments. I can hardly find a place for things in my studio.
So...today I made this card- Fast & FabTrio by mlj-mlj - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I used the stamp set, the inks and the ribbon for the first time.
Welcome Marilyn!! I fully understand your situation as I am in the same one:-) Yes, I am still buying but not as much as in the past- I am analyzing my purchases since, I too, am running out of room :-)

So thrilled that you are joining in on the fun and thank you, Anne for referring another stamping "sister" to our group- love and hugs!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #209  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I used a very old Hero Arts stamp from a set that was probably one of the first ones I ever bought.
TLC582 Birthday Flowers by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #210  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,004 Likes on 1,511 Posts

I used two old sets on this layout. Maybe this will work. SCRAP16apr Stash16Apr1 Christmas Lights sm by smadson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by smadson; 04-20-2016 at 07:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #211  

Hi Friends!! Believe it or not, I have never actually inked my Swallowtail stamp image (always used the digital version since I could re-size the image)- now that it is retiring along with the Trust God set, I had to ink it up :-)

CQC338_SR326 CAS Mixed Media Butterfly by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 07:33 PM   #212  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Julie, thank you for letting me know about this thread. One of my on going goals is to use my many neglected products. I have been a SU demo for more than 20 years and I am not good at letting go of my stamps, so I have shelves and shelves of stamp sets...my wall of stamps as well as many individual stamps from numerous companies. I still purchase stamps, but try to think about what I have first and look for images that fill gaps. Except for one great weakness...I am a sucker for floral images. When I was doing workshops and classes, I was good about using my new purchases right away. I would make 4-6 sample cards with each new set, so that I could show it's versatility. But when I became a hobby demonstrator, many of my new purchases sit neglected, sometimes for months. In looking over my recent uploads, I see that 7 of my last 9 posted cards use stamps or products that have never seen ink or been unused for several years. So clearly this is a group for me.

Come check out my Gallery and leave a comment!
FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #213  

Kathy, welcome!! You will see that you are in good company :-) I am in the same situation as you (only with SU! 17 years but never sold any of my sets and mainly hobby demo the entire time)...I also have a large collection of non-SU! stamps (too many great images and I love florals and Scripture sentiments) :-)

Looking forward to seeing your artwork in the USEIT2016 Gallery- hugs and have a great weekend!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #214  

Ok, I have been busy concentrating on inking up "unloved" sets this week for sure! Here is a card with a few stamps that have never seen ink yet from the new Stampin' Up! Bear Hugs set :-)

CC579 You're So Sweet by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2016, 07:34 AM   #215  
Kookie Creator

Butterfly Birthday by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Made this for this week using an old stamp set Sassy Salutations from SU. I also have it posted on the Facebook group Bringing Birthdays Back for their weekend sketch -

My Blog: http://www.gosh2fly.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #216  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, here is my first card link to this group. I just inked this stamp for the first time despite having owned it since it was released. I am hanging my head over here. I CASED one of Virginia's cards from her lovely gallery:

FS481 Blended Bloom by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #217  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 346 Likes on 134 Posts

That's a beautiful card! Welcome to the group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2016, 05:06 PM   #218  

Gorgeous, Kathy and please do not hang your head in any shame...

All of us here (plus I am sure many more stampers at SCS and around the world) have this same issue- too many fun stamps (with more coming out each month to entice us) and too little time!!

I am so thrilled that you had a chance to ink this stamp and have fun with your layering as well as the beautiful watercoloring- great job!! Hugs and have a blessed week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #219  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

I'm finally getting a card made with a set that hasn't seen any ink:

CAS374 Happy Birthday by Scraperwannabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2016, 11:22 PM   #220  

Here is another card that uses a stamp from Chalk Lines (soon to be retired) - I have owned this photopolymer set for over a year and this is the first time I used this border image

SUO147_F4A322 Bravo, You Did It! by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #221  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did not originally post this card with a USEIT tag because I have used the rose stamp before, though it has been a couple of years at least since the last time I used it. But then I realized that I have never used this particular greeting stamp before this. I have owned it for a number of years and it is a very cool stamp. It has the phrase To believe is to
and then there are four other phrases on the stamp that you can put on the inside of the card or the front as I have done on this card.
TLC583 Fifth Avenue Floral by Kathy LeDonne at Splitcoaststampers

FS465

Last edited by Kathy LeDonne; 04-26-2016 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #222  
Stazon Splitcoast

This card uses some more of my Brusho crystals (which I just bought recently. I am still opening them up one or two at a time) I also used my Perfect Pairings set for the first time.

CC580 Butterfly Basics by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2016, 02:23 AM   #223  

Hi Everyone!! This card uses a sentiment from Simply Wonderful (a retired Sale-A-Bration stamp set)

SC586_C4AC38 You're The Best by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2016, 08:15 AM   #224  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here are two Christmas cards I made using a Spellbinder die I got a couple of months ago for $4.99 at Tuesday Mornings. I couldn't pass that up. Anyway this is first time to use it.
Also, when I had the water get in my craft room, it ruined some pre-stamped images that had gotten on the floor. These are two images that escaped damage. I have had these images for years!!! About time I used them!

O is for Ornament

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #225  

Hi Everyone! Love seeing all of your creations- keep them coming!!

Here is a card using a sentiment from ODBD that has never seen ink plus I have not inked the Ex Libris background stamp in a while...

MIX169_BVC16 Be Strong and Take Heart by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I shared in another forum that this card will be mailed to a lady from our church that has been going through multiple health issues in the past few years with the most recent being an amputation ....I hope she will find a bit of comfort in this Scripture and card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2016, 08:49 AM   #226  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is a card made with stamps I haven't used for awhile and EF and die that haven't been used for awhile. I have a large amount of EFs that I haven't used. I like and use my SU! ones, but the CB ones I first bought way back when, are really neglected!

Here is I Love Paris.

And I just want to thank you all for your comments. You are so sweet.
You even comment on my scrap pages!!! Very few ever comment on them.
Scrapbooking is how I began stamping. Cards came later. I have so much to scrap. I will never catch up.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2016, 01:13 AM   #227  

Hi Everyone!! This card uses mainly DSP for the focal image (roses)- I fussy cut the images and added shadows from a retired DSP, Watercolor Wonder (SU!) that I hardly used at all when it was current....Also the background stamp which is hard to see is from Notable Notions

You're Absolutely Fabulous- Mixed Media Roses by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2016, 03:50 AM   #228  
Kookie Creator

I pulled out some old DSP and a couple of old stamp sets to make this CAS card. The Paper Smooches set - Reflections
Simple Birthday Wishes by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers had never seen ink.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #229  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am trying to finish up a box of card for April's Card for a Cause and I used a bunch of neglected stamps for these cards. This card uses a greeting from a Verve stamp set that I got with my Prize from last year's HYCCT challenge. I had not opened the set yet.

C4AC38 Bontanical Blooms by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This card uses a greeting from a Unity set that I bought sometime lat year and it had not seen ink yet.

C4AC38 Yukon by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This card uses an older retired SU set and wheel and a greeting I have had for eons and have never inked. I also used some eyelets.

C4AC38 In the Wild by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lastly, this card uses the old SU paisley background:

C4AC38 Bronc Buster by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #230  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's one more card. This image and greeting had not been popped off the sheet yet. Glad to have a chance to ink them.

C4AC38 Feathered Hope by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2016, 07:45 PM   #231  

Kathy, your cards for the April Cards for a Cause are fabulous- thanks for sharing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #232  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

I *always* forget about Cards for a Cause. I need to see who is up for May & add that to my list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #233  

Misti- the May 2016 MISSION- Cards for A Cause is for Rose's Fund for Animals (another great cause) :-)

This card was designed using Day of Gratitude and Occasional Quotes (both have not seen ink in ages)
MIX2_CQC339 Love Begins In A Moment by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #234  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 373 Likes on 202 Posts

Hello everyone. I have been MIA from the USEIT thread for about a year. We moved and my life is beginning to settle down enough so I can do some serious stamping. I made these 3 cards yesterday afternoon. I got the stamp set from Pam (grateful2bsaved)some time ago. I can say that I have used all 4 stamps in the set. Stamp set is SU Cherries, Checks & Posies from 1995. Stamps look new - Pam, did you ever use it?

A Cherry Birthday by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Birthday Posies by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Simple Posy Wishes by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 05:58 PM   #235  

Arlene, so thrilled that you were able to share with us today!! Love all three of your cards and hope to see more in the future..hugs and have a blessed week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #236  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is a cat sympathy card. I hope it is ok for that. I had to look for a stamp with a cat, and I had one! Don't know when I have used it and it is a pretty set. Peace Within It kind of sounds like sympathy, doesn't it. Now to figure out what to put on the inside!

For KK I am not good at coming up with names! I just name it who it is for! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #237  

Love your card Sharon and a great way to name your upload!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #238  

Here is a Father's Day card for my Sweet 'n Sassy Blog Post using Tender Thoughts and the coordinating dies along with Shining Light.

I had not inked either set in quite a while :-)
WT580 Happy Father's Day by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2016, 08:40 AM   #239  
Kookie Creator

A quick card I made using some old and new items. I used the sketch #BBB 7 - from the Facebook group Bringing Birthdays Back
Playful Palette Birthday by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2016, 02:02 AM   #240  
Kookie Creator

Julie, thanks for the info on May Cards for a Cause .
I am going to make a few and send them out.

Reply With Quote Likes