Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #321  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stamp set I plan on using this week is Simon Says Stamps "Stinkin Cute". It is a cute little skunk. Can't wait to play with this fairly new to me stamp set that hasn't yet seen ink.

My Blog: http://www.gosh2fly.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #322  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I've added a bonus card this week ;-) because I still had three houses left over from my Christmas card! Better to use them up than lose them on my desk...

Use The Houses (2A)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #323  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Hi stamping friends! <waving enthusiastically>

I came across this challenge when Pam/grateful2besaved mentioned it on the Demo Talk forum. I came here and read about this challenge and thought, "THIS is something I could really use and enjoy!" I've been an SU demo for almost 11 years and I buy a LOT, and I don't sell any of it (unless I have duplicates for some reason, or got a hostess appreciation set long ago that just wasn't my style), so I have a TON of SU stamp sets. Back in the day, I didn't buy quite as much as I do now (and there are sets I see that I would buy today, but back then I didn't know what I liked as much as I do now) and I tended to use the vast majority of what I bought, but in the past few years, I've had countless sets retire before they've seen ink and I feel GUILTY about that!

I also make cards for Operation Write Home, so if I use an older stamp set or retired DSP, the troops and their families will not know or care!!

Though most of my sets are SU, I do have a few Cornish Heritage Farms backgrounders (and a couple of other sets from them too) and more recently I have bought a few Paper Smooches sets to make kids' cards for OWH, and I started getting the SSS Card Kit as well.

Hopefully it's okay if I adjust the challenge to using stamp sets that might've been used a couple times years ago, but have been long-neglected. I also have a ton of DSP and I love being able to match up the retired DSP with the retired colors of cardstock and make a fun card!

I'm assuming your weeks start on Mondays? So my goal for this week is to choose two stamp sets that haven't been inked at all or haven't been inked recently (or there's a stamp in a set that's been ignored even though I've used other stamps in the set) and to make 2 different cards for each of these 2 sets/stamps. I usually make 2 of each card I make, one to keep and one to send to OWH.

I also CASE majorly - when I post my creations in the gallery, I will give credit if at all possible. I think it will be fun to put a new spin on some old supplies!

I don't post most of my creations (because I CASE so much and don't want to get anyone mad), and I've mostly scanned them instead of taking pictures. Not that I have an iPhone and an iPad, does anyone know an easy way to upload my gallery pics using my phone or iPad without putting the pics on my computer first? I want to move into 2015 with posting my cards. :-)

If you have any input or suggestions, please let me know! Hopefully more demos will come over here as I started a new thread about this Challenge Forum. I had no idea it was here! :-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #324  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Susan- welcome!! I am in the same situation- been a SU! demo since 1999, never sold any of my stamps and some have never been inked or rarely inked. No one will judge you if you CASE or use a stamp that was used years ago- we look forward to seeing your creations (sorry, I can not help with the photos on the phone, etc.- I am still in the dark when it comes to the new phones- lol!!) :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #325  
Kookie Creator

Hi friends! I think I'd like to try this challenge too. I can commit to at least one, possibly two cards. And my stamp set will be Celebrate Today as I haven't used it since I bought it!

Soozie4him, I am in the same boat as you. I case a LOT of cards so don't post many. I would like to move away from that and start gaining more confidence in my design.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 11:48 PM   #326  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Welcome, Susan!
I believe that I saw Lydia mention that the mobile upload process will soon be revamped. However, as it stands it's still perfectly possible to upload from a phone or tablet. On the first page of the upload process you should be able to navigate to your photo and select it. I don't know about iOS, but my Android also offers me the option of choosing camera to upload from, taking a photo at that stage in the process. Again, I don't know if iOS still titles all photos as "image". If it does, you either have to manually rename them or else only upload one a day. If you make two uploads just titled " image" on the same day, it confuses the software and it doesn't know which one to display ;-). If you get any error messages such as unsupported file type, clearing your browser cache should resolve that.
And, just a suggestion if you don't want to upload to your gallery, we can now embed images directly in a post, from our phones, computers, blogs, whatever...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 10:36 AM   #327  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 267 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm late to the party, but I want to join! Let me look through my unloved stamps and make a card for this week! Thanks for this challenge!

Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is preparation for a future that only He can see--Corrie ten Boom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #328  

I meant to link this card earlier this week- I finally used a few of the flowers from the long ago retired set, Toile Blossoms for my Mixed Media Design Team card on the #33 Card Concept Challenge (along with a few other challenges) :-)

TCC33_F4A267_MIX114 Toile Blossoms with a Graphic Twist by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 01:45 AM   #329  
Kookie Creator

Welcome Susan, Shelley and Dianne. So glad you could join us in this challenge.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 02:49 AM   #330  
Kookie Creator

Here is the card I made for this week using Simon Says Stamp set called Stinkin Cute.
Life Stinks Sometimes MFTWSC224 by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 12:33 PM   #331  
Kookie Creator

Sharon, love your card! I made 2 cards from my Celebrate Today set. If I can figure out how to get them uploaded from my phone, I post them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 05:33 AM   #332  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

I know it has been a couple of weeks since I have used an old set. Life seems to get busy. I am going to use Winter Patches next. I have never used that darling set. I know shame on my. Here is my first of 4 stamps to use: Patchy the Snowman by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #333  
Kookie Creator

This week I dug out an old PTI set called Fancy Flourishes and plan on making at least 1 card. Wish I had more time to make a few extra cards to build up my stash.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #334  
Polyshrink Goddess

It might seem like I've taken a hiatus from this group and you'd be right. The last several weeks have been super busy between Easter and then preparing for graduation at the college I work at this past weekend. I have made cards but they were for Easter and graduation but I didn't have time to take pictures of most of them.

I think I should be able to get back on track now! For this week I will make cards with 3 sets: SU You Brighten My Day, SU For Being You, and SU Banner Blessings. Because I am finished at the college for the summer, I will be making 15 thank you cards for my colleagues. Wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2015, 03:15 AM   #335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Yeah got a quick one done before work: Mittens, Mittens, Where are the Mittens by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers. Two to go in this set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #336  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

This is mine for this week: Use The Herd

Still trying to figure out whether next week is April and I should stick with SU, or to count it as May and return to Unity!! I'm sure I still have some un-inked SU stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #337  
Kookie Creator

I got an early start on my card for this week using PTI Fancy Flourishes.
Hello, Hello Flower by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #338  
Insane Embellisher

I had the idea to start this and I have been a complete wash-out. I AM SO SORRY! I have just returned from a trip to DC to see my son and I am ready to commit. Let me look over the mountain of stamps who have never seen ink in my studio and I will commit later this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #339  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Yeah I finally finished using the last two in the Winter Patches set. Here is the card: Winter Patches by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #340  
Kookie Creator

This week I plan on using Papertrey Ink's set "Framed" which has never seen ink.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 PM   #341  

I decided to use Sail Away for this card with the WT515 Ovals Challenge and PP242 Sketch- the image was printed from My Digital Studio but I also own the stamp and have never inked it yet...

WT515_PP242 Sail Away Thinking of You by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 10:12 PM   #342  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I don't think I have any SU sets that are uninked, just individual stamps within sets. However, for my last April card I thought I'd use Pretty Petals; it's the least used of my background stamps and I'm trying to decide if it's when keeping...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 11:10 AM   #343  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

And here's my last card for April. Still can't decide whether to keep this stamp or not .
I did also use a previously un-inked sentiment from Serendipity.

Use the Petals with Glitter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #344  
Kookie Creator

Here is my CAS card for this week. I was actually able to use 3 stamps/sets that haven't seen ink ever or in a very long time.
Hello Simply Framed by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 PM   #345  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 161 Likes on 77 Posts

You know, one of these days I'm just going to post pictures of all the images and pieces of cards I've accumulated since "joining" this challenge. (Laughing to myself as I type "joining"...) It's really ridiculous. I read all the tips on putting getting ideas - look at the sketch challenges, pull out the stamps you want to use, pull out the paper you'd like to use, find a card you want to case, etc. , etc. None of it seems to be working for me.

I fell in love with this CTMH unicorn set. I'm not even crazy about unicorns, but I love the sayings. https://www.google.com/search?q=clos...50%3B300%3B296

I got as far as stamping the unicorn with SU Heat & Stick and silver glitter. Messed with it, decided to fussy cut it. Thought it needed beautiful pink or purple swirly or girly or ??? DSP. Guess what? I went through what would be at least a 4 ft. high stack of DSP if I stacked it, and can't find ANYTHING even close to what I'm picturing. Thought about just using an EF instead. Looked through the gallery to find a layout. Six hours later I'm sick of the set. I'm pretty sure I just have too much stuff, and trying to decide on anything puts my brain on overload. (Although the 7 kids probably help with that - lol).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 12:47 AM   #346  
Kookie Creator

It's Monday again - the week sure does fly by. The stamp set I plan on using this week is Clear Art Stamps - Bathing Beauties. I bought it at least 5 years ago and have never used it. There are some really cute images in the set.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #347  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

{{hugs}} Pam - sometimes the harder you try, the harder it is! Just relax and have fun!!

For May, I am going to use Unity stamps again...I've got quite a few still that haven't seen ink. I'll be back later this week with my first one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #348  
Kookie Creator

I have today off so got started on my set for this week - Bathing Beauties by Clear Art stamps.
Vintage Bathing Beauty by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2015, 10:14 AM   #349  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

MMTPT353 Color My World by Cook22
This isn't the set I had pulled out to use first, but it is a new hitherto un-inked Unity stamp, and it was perfect for the TPT challenge today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #350  
Kookie Creator

I actually made a 2nd card using "Bathing Beauties" by Clear Art Stamps. Also followed the MFT weekly sketch MFTWSC227.
MFTWSC227 Beach Time by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 10:26 PM   #351  
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally did it - made some cards using a set I'd never used! In fact, I made 13 of them. I cased these cards, except I didn't go over them and emboss them like she did. These are the ones I cased:

Siara Sweet Sensations: 2015 Last Chance List (Retiring List)....Blooming With Kindness and Stampin' Up!'s 2013-2015 In Colors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 10:39 PM   #352  
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot to mention, I also took the shrink wrap off of 3 ink pads (that I've had for about 2 years), and cracked open 2 colors of CS I'd had for years. PLUS I used my MISTI, and am madly, head over heels in love with it. There's no way in the world I could have made that many cards in a day and a half. And it was FUN!

I almost didn't post these, because I copied exactly, but I did change the colors of 1 of the cards. lol
Attached Thumbnails
USEIT2015 challenge group-img_1743.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 11:11 PM   #353  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
I forgot to mention, I also took the shrink wrap off of 3 ink pads (that I've had for about 2 years), and cracked open 2 colors of CS I'd had for years. PLUS I used my MISTI, and am madly, head over heels in love with it. There's no way in the world I could have made that many cards in a day and a half. And it was FUN!

I almost didn't post these, because I copied exactly, but I did change the colors of 1 of the cards. lol
Thirteen cards!! Well done you, they look great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #354  

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms out there!!

Here is a card that I created using a stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs (The Sea) that I have owned at least a year and had not inked it up yet...

BVC15_ODBDSLC237_Mojo396 My Soul Waits by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks again and I hope all of you have a great day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #355  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm beginning to think I own 80% of the stamp sets I've seen used on here. It's a sign - I HAVE to start inking up my stamps!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2015, 04:37 AM   #356  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
I'm beginning to think I own 80% of the stamp sets I've seen used on here. It's a sign - I HAVE to start inking up my stamps!!!
Yes, you do!!! That's why you're here ;-).

Here's mine for this week: Using Unity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #357  
Stazon Splitcoast

ANOTHER set I have! lol No way in the world would I be able to achieve that faux wood look, so I won't be trying to CASE this one. Then again, I guess I could use the hardwood BG stamp and or the wood EF .... hmmm... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #358  
Kookie Creator

My stamp for this week is MFT Perk Up. I bought it when it was released sometime last year but never got around to using it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #359  
Stazon Splitcoast

Made another card yesterday. I used an image that I stamped and had a friend color for me (over a year ago). I used 2 of the new SU in colors, DSP from a new SU paperstack, buttons from an unopened container, and 3 colors of twine I'd never used before either. I'm getting faster, this card only took a day and a half to make. lol
Attached Thumbnails
USEIT2015 challenge group-fullsizerender.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 04:50 AM   #360  

Hi Everyone! I decided to use a set that I have not inked up hardly at all yet- Beautiful Blooms for this week's SUO122 Fun Flowers Challenge along with the MIX119, SC523 and AW30 Challenges :-)

Thanks again for the encouragement to ink up those we already own and that need some "love"- lol!!

SUO122_MIX119_SC523_AW40 Floral Peacock by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes