Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #121  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put myself in the hole already. But I know I can climb out of it soon. I saw this MS tote on mycraftchannel.com a few months back. It was a daily featured item. I passed up on it then because I thought it was too expensive. Well, the other day it was back on. I still think it cost more than I care to spend, but I started meeting with some friends once a month to stamp. I have lots of totes around but I am so tired of digging through it looking for what I need. This tote unfolds to make a real nice crafting space and has pockets for all your tools. It also comes with some tools. Even though I already have those tools, it will be nice not to have to make sure I have everything I need when I'm on the go. I broke down and ordered it. Hopefully, that will be my biggest purchase for the year. Since I thought about it before I guess this wasn't a too impulsive purchase. Most of the time I delete those emails or just watch the videos to see what's new. And I'll have you know, I have passed up on all of the papers. I keep telling myself that I really don't like them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
oh I have one more thought... what if we have things we get that we do not pay for? like gifts they do not count right? as shopping I mean.

I am tempted to shop but, have been systematically deleting all the sale ad's that land in my in box... I want to see the have made stuff number look larger... :mrgreen:
Stacy last year I did not count anything that was given to me and spent on crafty stuff. Birthday money, gift cards, etc. did not go into my total $ spend column.

Saturday I bought a brass stencil that I ordered a couple months ago and got a new jar of paste. I used a full store punch card towards part of the purchase and will only count the cash I used in my spend column.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #123  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 667 Likes on 419 Posts

thanks Angie, that makes sense... I get a gift from work for my birthday and Christmas... and I usually "save" it till SU does their freebies book... and I just thought about it and hee hee I "got" this money to spend last year but, will be spending it at the end of the month so, that would have made a very big hole to climb out of counting that money. :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #124  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Hi ladies! I haven't bought anything yet this year although I'm eyeing a few things - a stamp on ebay and one of the childhood mini kits for Project Life.

I've made 5 or 6 cards so far, mailed 2 of them, and done a couple of challenges so I'm not doing bad. Yet!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

You are doing great Paula! I trust everyone else is too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #126  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I ah sold a card today ( to my neighbor who wanted something "special" for her dd's mil for a Christmas gift...) funny thing ( she may have picked out the simpliest cheapest priced one I had lol... I just thought it was funny because, I do make lumpy fancy cards more often than CAS. so its funny to see what people think of as "special"

oh and I had an email this morning, serendipity has started up a challenge blog and the prize is 20.00
Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog

(Impression Obsession does this too...) I was just thinking that this morning because, after I checked out the serendipity blog it made me realize that this really fits into stamp to spend fairly well ( if you won ) and most of this stuff is kinda random so I won prizes from Outlines twice last year...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #127  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,000 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatrollView Post
I put myself in the hole already. But I know I can climb out of it soon. I saw this MS tote on mycraftchannel.com a few months back. It was a daily featured item. I passed up on it then because I thought it was too expensive. Well, the other day it was back on. I still think it cost more than I care to spend, but I started meeting with some friends once a month to stamp. I have lots of totes around but I am so tired of digging through it looking for what I need. This tote unfolds to make a real nice crafting space and has pockets for all your tools. It also comes with some tools. Even though I already have those tools, it will be nice not to have to make sure I have everything I need when I'm on the go. I broke down and ordered it. Hopefully, that will be my biggest purchase for the year. Since I thought about it before I guess this wasn't a too impulsive purchase. Most of the time I delete those emails or just watch the videos to see what's new. And I'll have you know, I have passed up on all of the papers. I keep telling myself that I really don't like them.
I haven't spent anything yet, but you are making me want that tote! Can you link me to it? Maybe I will just looook at it.
LOL

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #128  
Forum Fanatic

I placed a small SU order tonight. I'm trying to restock a lot of my cs but I'm doing it slowly. Now I'm farther in the hole. Can't wait to get my tax tests done so I can start cardmaking again. I should be done in the next couple of days.

Sharon, here's a link to the tote on Amazon. Amazon.com: Martha Stewart Crafts Portable Work Station: Arts, Crafts & Sewing I paid less than their price and I'm getting tools with it. So I guess I did get a bargain. I can't wait to get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #129  
Matboard Maniac

I'm starting the year with a clean sheet even though I've had a couple of parcels and am waiting for a couple more - everything was ordered around Christmas time before I found this challenge and when I was on a splurge through not having crafted much for the previous 6 months. So although my CC bill for January will make unpleasant reading and have to be paid for out of February's money, it isn't really this year's expenditure.....

During the past week I've started making Christmas cards for the SCS Challenge. When I had to buy lots last year I spent an average of �4 for 10 so will credit myself with 40 pence per card (but only when it's complete with an insert!) Shop bought cards for birthdays, anniversaries etc would be more like �2 each minimum so I'll use that. And I'll work out a rate for using up scraps....does it count if I make die cuts for my sister's charity card group?

I'm going to a craft show next week but have cash to spend which I saved last year in an account which paid out in early December. I don't think I'm counting expenditure which comes from that, nor from this year's monthly saved amount because it isn't specifically earmarked for crafting....hmm, I think I'm in danger of making excuses for everything I spend!!!

Last edited by FionaB; 01-10-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #130  
Forum Fanatic

Fiona, I would count the die cuts, especially if you're using your own supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #131  
Rubber Obsessor

I need to sit down and make more... my boyfriend gets jealous of my crafting time, lol. This challenge has me really excited though!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just to get you motivated, I made a card for this week's challenge....to make a faux cloisonn� card. HERE it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #133  
Matboard Maniac

I've just heard that I've won �50 of vouchers to spend at the craft show next week!!! I shall share them with my friend (it could easily have been her booking our tickets, which is how I won them) but �25 of free goodies is not to be sneezed at Ooooh, I hope someone has the new Memory Box/Poppystamps dies.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #134  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fiona, that is wonderful! Spend it wisely! If you are looking at Memory Box, you can't go wrong!
I got a $100. gift certificate for Hobby Lobby at Christmas time. Of course, living in Canada, we don't have any H.L. stores here, but I will be able to redeem some of it in March when I go to a swap day in Buffalo. We usually spend the night and go shopping the day before the swap. Buffalo Stamps and Stuff is like going into a candy store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats Fiona! Gotta love free $ to spend. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #136  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, congrats Fiona! It is so fun spending a gift!
Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #137  
Stazon Splitcoast

Starting out in the hole already. :-( The Dreamweaver's stencil I ordered in November finally came in and I had to get a new jar of embossing paste to use with it. The CTMH stamp box I ordered in December finally came in yesterday. And I showed my card group how to many mini albums last night and I told them I would supply the magnets for the front closure. I couldn't see making every one buy a package of magnet pairs for one pair.

I am paying myself for work outs. Quite a bit actually, but right now feeling like I need that much motivation to get me to the gym. I need some crafty time to finish cards I need for the month and finish the mini albums I started as demos. I plan to give them to my niece and nephew for their First Communions next month. Don't know when I think I might fit that in. Not giving up the BF or school, so work or sleep is going to have give a little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #138  
Forum Fanatic

Way to go, Fiona! Have fun spending that free money.

Don't feel bad, Angie. I'm in the hole already, too. I'm hoping to get a bunch of cards made this weekend to help me crawl out of that red hole.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Thank goodness my spending, and there has been plenty, has been birthday and Christmas money so will start the year in credit. Do you all start at zero again for the new year or carry on your totals from last year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #140  
Forum Fanatic

Jan, I started at zero for the year. I only lasted about 5 days before purchasing anything. And the buying probably won't stop any time soon. I'm replenishing my cs a little at a time.

Finally finished taking all of my tax tests. Did a couple more than I needed for certification. Now I can spend my weekend playing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, it's entirely up to you whether you carry over your totals from last year or not. I started fresh this year. I guess I should update my totals, seeing as \I have been creating, but haven't spent anything yet, although I still need to pay for my last SU order. My demo and I never seem to get together lately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #142  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well... the people at Impress sent me an email with stuff I have been thinking about getting ( this is things not found in stores here) so... placed an order and counted the shipping too. such is life.
two memory box dies ( an lab dog and the word Thanks ) some red twine, some small bags. ( most of this is stuff that will be used for things sold in booths this year) some heart & arrow wood things. (diecuts)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #143  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy if it is all stuff you will use for your booths you will make it back in no time.

Jan I start over Jan. 1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #144  
Glitter Guru

hello my crafty friends! No crafting for me today, I am in my craft room working on organizing my ScrapRack. I also went to Joann's and HL the other night but was looking for specific stuff and only spent $12 between the two stores. It helped that J's had stuff I purchased 40% off. Ok, break's over, back to organizing so I can get back to crafting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #145  
Crimping Master

I've shopped a little this month. But I've also wrangled all my paper scraps, finished decorating my craft room, and am in the process of finishing up unmounting my wood block stamps and putting them on cling mount. Plus housework.

So I feel as if I've more than broken even for this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #146  
Glitter Guru

So as I am organizing, I am also cleaning out supplies I know I won't use. I am giving most of it to a friend. Should I credit my totals for this stuff? I would if I sold it but I am giving it all to her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #147  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well, the funny part is I just showed this to hubs this morning... because, I asked him as I was filling up the shopping cart if he had his wallet on him because, Impress does not take paypal and his visa card earns points... :mrgreen: so the darling man says...
"well technically you billed it to me so you didnt spend it at all" lol

so, I said. ha, this is curiosity factor only for the most part and I am only paying my self 1.00 a card and .50 cents a tag so...

I guess now that we are home again I should go try to earn my way back into the black.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #148  
Matboard Maniac

I signed up for the Christmas Challenge here and vowed to make 6 cards each month. This morning I put inserts in, and my stamp on the back, of the TEN cards I made this week, so I am in credit with �4 I have two birthday cards partly made which I hope to do in the next couple of days which will double my total - oh, and I forgot to work out how many scraps I used up. I'll amend my signature when I've had another look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #149  
Forum Fanatic

Sounds like you're on a roll, Fiona.

My plans for the day were to finally take down my Christmas tree and decorations then spend the rest of the day making cards.. Just as I was ready to bring the boxes upstairs, I got a phone call from one of my coworkers. She and our boss were at the library cleaning out cupboards and reaorganizing. My boss, Betty, was getting up from the floor using a stool for leverage, slipped and came down on her ankle. Since they were the only ones in the library, there was no one to help get Betty up so Carrie had to call the ambulance. Carrie called me to have me go pick up Betty's dog and bring her home. I brought Daisy home, then took down the decorations and boxed up the tree. Then i got a phone call asking me to pick Betty up from the ER and take her home. DH and I got her settled at home, went back to the library to get her vehicle and take it home for her. Turns out that she only sprained the ankle but will be on crutches for a few days. Mind you, we live in northcentral MT, we have about a foot of snow on the ground, still snowing (not hard), and it's cold out there. It was quite interesting getting her into her house while she's trying to get used to the crutches and concentrating on not falling down. She's not a small woman, either. It's been an interesting day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13C challenge- Boats

Glad you got her home safe and that she didn't break any bones. But your day certainly did take a turn you hadn't expected, didn't it?
Monday morning...time for another challenge to get you inspired. The Toronto boat show started on Saturday and goes all week. I'm not a boater, so I won't attend, but it's a good opportunity to feature boats in our cards this week. Lets get out those dusty boat stamps and make a nautical card.......these often tend to be more suited to men and it's great to have a masculine type card in your stash!
I wanted to have a sample ready to go for this morning, but didn't get it done yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #151  
Matboard Maniac

Bother!!! I bought a stamp on eBay last night...from the USA too which doubles the cost (unmounted rubber, but postage isn't cheap). I'll just have to make more cards - oh dear, what a shame ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #152  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fiona, Fiona, fret not! You can make it back in no time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #153  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyndi_RayView Post
I need to sit down and make more... my boyfriend gets jealous of my crafting time, lol. This challenge has me really excited though!!
Hey Cindi Ray
I now what you mean about your boyfriend, my DH doesn't like ,e speeding too much time in my space either, so I have to be careful. But we do save a lot of money by me stamping -ie less money on buying presents. But still he freaks If he sees an SU order arrive! It's all about juggling I guess!

Sure you will find a happy medium.

Cheers, S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #154  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by tropduckView Post
Hey Cindi Ray
I now what you mean about your boyfriend, my DH doesn't like ,e speeding too much time in my space either, so I have to be careful. But we do save a lot of money by me stamping -ie less money on buying presents. But still he freaks If he sees an SU order arrive! It's all about juggling I guess!

Sure you will find a happy medium.

Cheers, S.
Nice to know there is someone else in my shoes! It's kind of aggravating I guess. My ex-husband was sooooo supportive of my crafting. Would even go shopping with me and help me pick out stuff. Then again, he was probably being super nice to hide all the things he was doing behind my back. The new boyfriend thinks my crafting is just time consuming and pointless. I don't care about his opinion, but when I am in a crafting mood and he starts to complain, it sucks all the creativity out of me. It sucks! lol. Like I was on a roll getting stuff made a few weeks ago, he complained and I haven't been in my studio since, even though I want to! Oh well. He says I need to find a happy medium too. I either spend way too much time in there, or I'm never in there. I need to work on that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #155  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

balance is a hard thing, but once you get it... it will be worth it.

we recently made our shared space more "ours" and what I am finding is, I created more better without him in there but, not to say we don't spend time together in there but, the things I am doing is less and or cleaning/purging type things when he is in there because, the noise he makes lol... and he watches tv. ( which I tend to not do, so its distracting to have to look at the wall to see something) ( I usually listen to music)

so I think the balance thing of when you create and how is something everyone works on.

I have to edit my totals and I need to figure out how much I have made, Im already losing track, forgot to do last weekends stuff. and then I made 8 more things yesterday ( no photos yet) and then I sold some stuff at work ( after I left ) so no totals of that yet. I think I want mine to read X amount of cards and or tags made... that would be better than "earned" I guess.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #156  
Forum Fanatic

I need to edit my totals. I'm sloooowly climbing back out of the hole.

I got my portable work station tote thingy in the mail the other day. That was my last purchase. It's really cool. Haven't had a chance otuse it, but it's going to be so handy to use. All the supplies I use all the time will be right at my fingertips.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

It looks like a great tote Debbie. And you are not too deep in the hole...should be no problem getting out. I need to update my totals. My exercise regime has really helped me keep out of the hole. I did spend some money this week. After all, my dental appointment was just a few miles away from my favourite LSS, and I needed to replace a dry copic. I ended up buying a few more needed colours too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #158  
Forum Fanatic

Ina, I'm so glad I don't have a Michaels or Hobby Lobby here. Our little craft store carries some scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies but not too many. I mostly go there for my adhesives so I'm saving a bundle of money. If I had a HL close by, I wouldn't have a chance of ever being out of the hole.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #159  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know what you mean! We now have a Mike's in the city nearest us.... about 12 miles south of here, but I don't really like Michael's, so I don't go there too much. I did get a $100 gift certificate to Hobby Lobby for Christmas, but we don 't have any here in Canada, so I will wait until I go to Buffalo for a swap meet in March, or else wait until I go back to see the grandkids in Texas in the spring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #160  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
I know what you mean! We now have a Mike's in the city nearest us.... about 12 miles south of here, but I don't really like Michael's, so I don't go there too much. I did get a $100 gift certificate to Hobby Lobby for Christmas, but we don 't have any here in Canada, so I will wait until I go to Buffalo for a swap meet in March, or else wait until I go back to see the grandkids in Texas in the spring.
Then you will have plenty of time to make a "wish list".

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes