Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2024, 05:40 AM   #321  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,197 Likes on 1,828 Posts

All of you are making me hungry today!! In fact you also inspired my card for this week!! Will not say how yet!

I really do not like fruit pies, give me a little of the juice of the fruit and the crust is what I like! LOL! I like to make them not eat them! I do make my own crust too.

Have a good day all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 06:08 AM   #322  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,764 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Morning all.
Warmer outside! 26F at the moment. Maybe I can stop chopping ice?!
Melody, did you adjust the original attachment? I don't see a new attachment.
No big freezer here. I had one when first married, although it had to be defrosted, which was a pain.
I need to get over my anxiety about the Packers. I don't enjoy watching them. I need to take a page from my son Joe. He doesn't watch much anymore, dislikes the NFL, still supports the Packers but simply enjoys watching the game. I used to enjoy watching any football teams play, tried to yesterday but the announcers make me crazy, I usually mute them. That Detroit game was so loud, Tony Romo shouting to be heard was not pleasant. Didn't like the booing of the crowd either. It's all so over the top now. I also didn't like that so many were so down on Jordan Love so early. We know nothing about the game, even if we think we do. And for sure his teammates were not going to get down on him; their job is to figure out how to get better. If they had won, I would have wanted to send a thank you note to Aaron Rodgers, thanking him for leaving GB. One more thing, I see a lot of commercials for gambling on football games, which I absolutely abhor.
Ann, I have a guess of what your location is this week. I'll keep it to myself.
Gracie, I'm glad you two are recovering well.
Not much else to report this morning. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-22-2024), JRHolbrook (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 08:13 AM   #323  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,292 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Good morning! It is wet and rainy here, we are under a flood watch until 10 pm. But if we get flooded, we are in some DEEP water since we are on one of the higher points in our neighborhood. It has been a short weekend here. One of our senior ladies of our church, a real pillar, passed away and her memorial service was this weekend. DD2 had inventory so had to be at work at 4 am where she was one of the speediest at inventory. She was telling DH and I about how fast she was and I asked, "But are you accurate?" and she replied that yes, she had a very high accuracy rate as well. One of her co-workers is quite competitive (in a fun way) and he swung by where she was busy and told her to slow down so that he could be the fastest! LOL They even got inventory done a little early so she got to come home early which made her quite happy.

Melody, yay for getting done with the apples! They do sound like they were a lot of work. I looked at your pie crust recipe, it has ingredients in it that I don't usually see in pie crust like the apple cider vinegar, sugar, and egg. I think the pie crust I make is just flour, salt, butter, and water though I can't remember because I haven't made it in ages. DD1 is excellent at making pie crust and likes doing it so I usually have her do it when I need a crust - which isn't often. I used to be good at it but the last time I made it, I overworked the dough.

Jan, your Steve is a naughty guy! What muscles?! That made me laugh, was he across the room when he said it?!

Kathy, I'm sorry you had to get up all through the night for your pipes. That makes for a very rough night. I hope you took a nap to make up for it. And also hope you get that insulating tape on it this spring to avoid this situation.

Jean, how did your African peanut stew turn out? It sounded like it would be very tasty.

I appreciate the concept of being very frugal but you still need to care for your home. Sometimes letting things go ends up being more expensive than just dealing with it when it presented. I'm the more frugal one of the two of us. Unfortunately, DH is the one who knows how to do everything! He is an excellent handy man and sometimes wishes he wasn't.

Gracie, so thankful your daughter's surgery went well and that you two were able to enjoy recovering together for a couple of days.

Ann, I'm sure you know my answer to your question about watching the Packers game. I don't watch very many sports and definitely not football! LOL I've never enjoyed that sport for some reason.

How is your back doing?

Melody, we need to clean out our chest freezer. It is overdue! DH found a very mangled, frozen apple pie in it that we had completely forgotten about. We have no idea how old it is.

Jan, do you make orange marmalade too? I recently had some at a restaurant here and was surprised to like it. Then, we bought some and I didn't care for it but, upon reading the label more carefully, it was made with bitter oranges.

Berry pie is a favorite of my DH's, Ann, he gets birthday pie instead of cake. Hmmmm, I might have a thought about your card for this week too.

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 08:43 AM   #324  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Jean, I deleted the first one and uploaded the correct one. There was only one word in the directions that I missed and added in. I can't even remember which, but it really didn't affect the directions, just clarified the step better. So unless you read both word for word, you probably wouldn't even notice.

This recipe is from a church cookbook from back in the 70's. I have never had a bad pie crust using it. Always nice and flaky and tasty. I've used it fresh or after having it in the fridge for a day or two and also after freezing. I don't use a rolling pin sleeve, but I have used a Tupperware mat for rolling out dough for years. Last year I got a silicone mat, which I love more than the Tupperware.

Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 09:06 AM   #325  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Catherine Ive never made orange marmalade, they grow special oranges here, I think it’s the Seville oranges to make marmalade, it’s not a sweet orange but I’ve never seen them to buy, I just use lime, lemons, pink grapefruit and kumquats as we grow them in the garden.

I used a Paul Hollywood recipe (I think Catherine will know him) to make my mince pies, he adds icing sugar instead of sugar, flour, butter, egg and lemon juice in cold water, it was lovely but very crumbly when cooked, I use lard for meat pies.

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 09:25 AM   #326  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,770 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Paul Holleywood is the British Baking Show guy. We watched that series on Kindle Prime then paid for the subscription to continue watching. I'm sure his recipe is good.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 09:48 AM   #327  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa yes he is, I have his baking book, he was a baker before he became famous.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024), lovinpaper (01-22-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 08:05 AM   #328  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok Annette is the only observant one! I skipped this week on the challenge write up!

So let's use the letter "G" for two weeks or you can just use this week as a catch up week!!

Too funny!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-23-2024), JRHolbrook (01-27-2024), lovinpaper (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 08:12 AM   #329  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! What a difference a day makes. Yesterday it was rainy and overcast, today, no rain and it looks like the sun is peeking through. DD2 is quite disappointed as we had rain on the forecast for six days or so and that has disappeared. DD2 got her taxes finished yesterday and already submitted. I remember the days of those super simple taxes!

Not much to report from here, same old, same old.

Melody, how big is your silicone mat that you use to roll out your pie crust? The mats I have wouldn't be big enough, I use them on my cookie sheets when baking so I don't have to grease the cookie sheet.

Jan, I googled the Seville orange and found that it is in a list of bitter oranges (Wikipedia) and is the marmalade orange., new things to know! So you make pink grapefruit marmalade too?

Ah yes, Paul Hollywood. I miss watching the British Baking Show but we no longer get Netflix. As for mince pies, I was thinking about trying to make some this past Christmas but never got around to it.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (01-23-2024), jan31 (01-23-2024), JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 08:20 AM   #330  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Ok Annette is the only observant one! I skipped this week on the challenge write up!

So let's use the letter "G" for two weeks or you can just use this week as a catch up week!!

Too funny!!
I'll admit, I didn't notice it because I don't really scan the entire list when you send it. But, Anne noticed it and asked about it back on the 4th.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (01-23-2024), JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 08:26 AM   #331  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder:

Use the letter "G" for this week and next if you like or take the week off!

Keywords: ABC20G7, ABC20, and your personal keyword

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024), Vickie Y (01-24-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 09:25 AM   #332  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, the mat is 16"x20". The brand is Bake Base, but I can't find it on line. I found this one, which is what it looks like. It's very soft, not stiff - can be rolled or folded. My son got it for me as a gift from my wish list. It came with a free dough scraper and silicone pastry brush.

https://www.amazon.com/LIMNUO-Silico...074DRLRPJ?th=1
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-23-2024), jan31 (01-23-2024), JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 10:28 PM   #333  
Stazon Splitcoast

Melody I’ve never thought of using my silicone mat to roll pastry out on,I use the worktop! I will try it if it’s big enough, it’s still rolled up from when we bought it, probably five years ago! Steve ordered it for some reason but only used the thinner one for cooking things in the oven.

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 10:33 PM   #334  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine I love that you always Google things to find out more info!
I do make Pink Grapefruit marmalade sometimes not as tasty as the others, I mainly give them away to Natalie at the restaurant, she juices them, Steve can’t eat them due to his meds and I can only eat a few, the tree is normally bending over with the weight but this year we only had eight!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2024, 07:58 AM   #335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! And....we're....back....to the rain. It is supposed to rain most of the day so DD2 is happy. I see on my weather app that DD1's area is under flood watch as is my sister's place in Louisiana. Of course, earlier this week we were under flood watch here.

Since we have two weeks to do our G card, I decided to make my sketch card without thinking about the letter G. I think I know what I want to do, just have to figure out how to do it because I don't have stamps for that.

Ohhh, Melody, now you have me wanting a new kitchen thing! I have the Tupperware mat to roll things out on and it is great but a little big and stiff and hard to wash in my sink, plus it moves. I usually have one of my silicone baking mats underneath it to try to keep it from moving so to have a mat that is big enough and is silicone? Fabulous! Thanks for the link.

Jan, I can't imagine having my mat still rolled up! I love my mats and use them so much. That said, I do have a round one that I don't usually use. It is for baking pizza but we don't make pizza much any longer. That is the one that I usually put under my Tupperware mat for rolling things out trying to get the Tupperware mat to stay still on the counter!

Yum to grapefruit from the tree! My parents had a wonderful tree on their place down near Palm Springs, the most delicious grapefruit! My dad had the same issue with meds and grapefruit. If I lived closer! But only eight this year? That is sad!

Ann, I forgot to mention, DH loves fruit pies. Those are probably some of his favorites with berry pie being right up there. Around here, there is a restaurant called A Slice of Goodness that makes the BEST coconut cream pie I have ever tasted! At least they did a few years ago, it has been quite a while since I've had any of their pies.

Last edited by cdimick; 01-25-2024 at 07:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2024, 11:27 AM   #336  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine we have a halogen oven that we use all the time and Steve cut the thin silicone sheet into a circle to use in it, the thing is the other mat wouldn’t fit in the halogen oven and I haven’t used my big oven for about two years, well I should say Steve hasn’t used it haha.

A mako shark washed up on our beach yesterday,appparently it had been seen in the other bay, the young lad helping fit the blinds this morning said he saw it, anyway it must have got stranded in shallow water, it weighed 200kilos, poor thing, Steve sent a photo to our son to show our seven year old GS and he was so excited, he wanted to come over to see it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2024, 01:49 PM   #337  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,167 Likes on 500 Posts

JRHolbrook thank you for [size=13px]lovely[/size] [size=13px]birthday[/size] card. I love the hearts and [size=13px]colors. I hope everyone is doing well I have not heard from Sonja in a while. hotwheels[/size]
[size=13px]Ann, I need ABC emails I was clean up computer delete it sorry. [/size]
[size=13px]Is scs having trouble with posted? my comments look funny.[/size]

Last edited by hotwheels; 01-24-2024 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:05 AM   #338  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This week I asked my husband for ideas, once again. He had several but the one that I got excited about is Grandma's House. That made ideas roll through my head. My Grandma was a quilter and I purchased the Altenew Quilt Block Stencil Builder set. I am really struggling with this stencil set. Each stencil is a 6 inch square, filled with 4 parts to make a block. They do not layer, but are made to move the stencil from piece to piece. I know I am not explaining well. I will add a photo and if any of you have words of wisdom in getting this to be straight when stenciling, I would love to hear them. I can sew as stitch straighter than I can get these stencils to line up.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-altenew-quilt-block-set.jpg  
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 01-25-2024, 07:28 AM   #339  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Oh Lisa, that looks complicated! I think we need Melody's help!! She can figure things out so well!!

Been busy staying in contact with my oldest brother, he had his bladder and prostate removed this month due to cancer. He is having lots of issues now with getting dehydrated and bowels not working well.

The locations theme is making all of us put on our thinking caps!! It's strange though that all of a sudden something amazing will come to mind, just like Lisa said, Grandma's house!! That is fantastic! Melody gave me the idea for my cards!! All that talk about fruits it had to be grocery store for me.

Ideas: garden, golf club, Grand Avenue Mall (a shopping center), Golf coast, a get away you had with family, etc...

Have a good day all! I need to do some cleaning!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (01-27-2024), shirlb19 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:34 AM   #340  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lisa, I'm a quilter, but never used a stencil like this. I'm not sure how it would work for the picture on the left, but the blue one makes sense. Lay the top left one down & color it; then move the stencil so the top right fits over the first area & color; then do the same with the lower left, and then the lower right, which will apparently need to be colored once, then turned 90 degrees (1/4 turn) and colored again. Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:38 AM   #341  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, I should mention that I'm referring to the more prevalent outlines. Without seeing the actual stencil, I'm not sure if that was helpful or not. And thank you, Ann, for your confidence in my abilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), shirlb19 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:38 AM   #342  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone,
Cloudy day today, some fog, I guess. I don't see any out my window.
Jan, how lovely to have all those fruit trees. I love grapefruit especially but I think you can't have any if you take cholesterol meds, maybe others as well. I'm enjoying all the talk about pie crust, fruit pies, marmalades (which I don't know much about), marmalade cake. I love citrus a lot. The only fruit pie I really love is cherry, done with tart cherries. I'll eat others but cherry is the best, IMHO. I thought
Ann was going to choose the Great British Baking Show location for G. I was wrong. I'm still pondering G. Yes, I saw that Anne posted about it first.
My daughter and her husband went to visit her Dad today; he's been in the hospital since Friday, fractured something near his pelvis. No surgery necessary; he is falling a lot and they saw a fracture that was healing. His bones are probably pretty brittle. So I'm on granddaughter duty this afternoon.
Clare had a band concert on Tuesday night. It was a band extravaganza, all the band kids from the two middle and two high schools. It was held at the LaCrosse Center, which is a large venue for various activities. Last fall there was a rodeo there. It was wonderful to hear all the kids, the high school was quite good. For a finale they all played a version of 1812 overture, which I've played twice. Imagine keeping 600 some kids together on that. No cannons though. The concert made me want to get my flute out.
Had my Medicare wellness visit with my new primary care. I really like her, very personable. She is a nurse practitioner. I feel like everyone at that clinic/hospital is super friendly and welcoming. I didn't feel that at the clinic/hospital in my hometown. I got the newest pneumonia vaccine, as I only had gotten the older one. She said she didn't think I needed the RSV, don't have any particular issues. I am due for tetanus. I find it so interesting that many vaccines will only be covered if they are given at pharmacies. Pneumonia however is covered no matter where one goes. Oh the joys of US health care.
Melody, I downloaded the document again for the recipe. I will give it a try. I did have some old apples also but I made apple crisp, which I like better than pie.
After my appointment yesterday, my son in law took me out for breakfast and coffee. I wasn't sure if there would be labs so I fasted but she said, because I had labs done in the fall during the kidney stone episode, I wouldn't need them. I'm pretty stable with all that. I had the best breakfast sandwich I've ever had. I love the coffee shop called Root Note, so delicious. Then I had to buy a scone, strawberry maple. Delish! The maple was very subtle, maybe in the icing? Not sure. I surely have a lovely SIL.
I have some kind of little bug flying around me. Where has he been hiding during all this cold?? And the birds are really singing away and trying to get into my soffits. Where were they during the cold??
Jan, I agree with Catherine about your husband's comment about muscles. I did giggle a bit though. We may not have many muscles but we have strength in other ways.
Catherine, the stew was very good. I'm still eating it as it makes a lot. I think next time I will leave out the ground turkey and put some beans in.
I think that's it from me. Quiet times here in LaCrosse. Oh that reminds me....I don't think I've ever been honked at so much in my life. I don't know what I'm doing half the time and people are impatient. There are so many angle roads here and roads with two names which are not on the signs. I am not going to drive at night any longer unless it's just from my house to my daughters. I didn't know that I was straddling two lanes on a main road, too much traffic, too much snow on the edges, too many lights. I got honked at...GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!!!!! Cripes.
And one more thing: the clinic has a parking structure, two floors below ground. On one level, it is two lane traffic, you drive to the next level, it's one way. There is signage but the levels don't look any different to me. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), jan31 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:43 AM   #343  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Additional info:
Upper left (4 corner flags)
Upper right (8 squares)
Lower left (8 triangles to border the squares + center square)
Lower right (2 squares bordering center - horizontal & then vertical)

I hope that clarifies it better.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:57 AM   #344  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean, my favorite fruit pie is also cherry, but I want the filling made with flour rather than corn starch. That's how my mom made it, and I think she used a bit more flour so the filling wasn't runny and gooey. If I remember correctly, she would buy a 5 gallon can (had a pull off lid) of cherries at the grocery store. I can't remember if they were frozen or not, but she would can them in quarts to use in pies. I remember once she grabbed a jar that hadn't been pitted and made a pie -- ooops!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2024, 07:59 AM   #345  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I understand the quilt blocks, how they are laid out, what they should look like. My struggle is keeping the stencil straight so the blocks look like they are supposed to look. Something happens when I move from one ink color to the next keeping the block pieces lined up. I thought about tracing the block pieces first, then laying the stencil back, inking it into the traced pieces. Then they might loom like a block when finished and not disconnected pieces. Thank you all for listening to me ramble and assist me with this stencil. I watched Altenew's 1 minute video and Maymay Made It has one, which I have watched twice. I will keep working on it. I think this is more complicated than any stencil I own.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:05 AM   #346  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lisa, have you tried taping them down? Painters tape, washi tape, even masking tape, but you'd want to stick it to your shirt a couple of times first to make it less tacky. I don't use stencils often, but I usually tape them to hold them in place.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:20 AM   #347  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, it is sunny here this morning. Every day is something different - which I like. I missed weather when I lived in Southern California. Nothing exciting to report at this end. I am looking forward to my day off from paid work tomorrow though. DD2 will be off as well.

Jan, I had to google a halogen oven as I wasn't aware of them. Quick question - does it avoid heating up your home when you use it? If so, that might be something we'd like in the summers around here.

Lisa, that stencil set looks complicated. When it says four stencils, is that referring to the four patterns in the corners or are there four different layers of stencils, perhaps with each having a different pattern in each corner? Does Altenew have any resources that show how to use it?

Ann, some excellent suggestions for G. I actually thought you were going to use Georgia and their peaches for some peach pies, or just the peaches! In our area there is a big mall called the Galleria Mall so that would work too.

Thank you for the update on your brother. I hope they can help him get things adjusted properly so he doesn't get dehydrated.

Melody, I thought your explanation for the stencil made sense. I wonder if the stencil has any alignment guides to help you line the corners up. It does look complicated.

Jean, Great British Baking Show is another great G destination!

Your stew sounded like it would be quite tasty. Sorry about all the impatient people there honking at you. Whenever someone honks - too quickly - around here, I think, "Are you from New York?!" People around here don't seem to honk often. I only honk if someone is about to hit me to get them focused on their driving again or a quick short toot if the light has changed and they aren't paying attention (though that second one only happens after a length of time waiting for them to notice!).

We have roads out here that the name changes at some random point for unknown reasons so it might have one name on one side of the intersection but something else on the other side. Why? I don't know!

Oops, there goes my alarm, chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), jan31 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:21 AM   #348  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I use Painters Tape, after sticking it to my shirt or pants. I am tracing them right now. They are not as perfect as I think they should look. It is hard to get each square the same distance apart. Dies are much easier. Thanks! I will keep working on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:39 AM   #349  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

Lisa, do you have a stamp positioning tool like a misti! You could put your stencil in the corner each time if you are rotating the stencil.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 09:29 AM   #350  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, I own and use Misti's, 2 original and 1 mini. The stencils are 4 different stencils in the pack. They are not layered, you do not turn for each corner. Altenew gives a layering guide so you can see the layout and it tells where to place the stencil, turn it, or flip it. I drew the patterns which helped get the feel for when to flip it. Now I am thinking I will cut a smaller piece of paper since the completed block is a 2 3/4 inch square and use the sticky mat from my Misti. The sticky mat also has lines which might help with the keeping the squares straight when I move the stencil. This is just a larger learning curve than any stencils I have ever owned.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 10:03 AM   #351  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Lisa, this sounds like something that would be beyond me. I applaud your 'stick to it-tiveness'!
Catherine, enjoy your 'unpaid day off.'
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), jan31 (01-25-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024), lovinpaper (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 12:46 PM   #352  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Quilt Block Success

Thank you for the thoughts today. Each idea you had made me think and see if it would help or make me come up with a way for it to work for me. The first thing I finally did was cut 3 inch squares. I placed these squares on a Sticky Mat from my MISTI with grid lines. I used 4 colors of ink and finger daubers for each of the stencils. I am happy that this finally worked for me. I started this process several days ago and was determined for this to work. Now that I have successfully inked them, I need to work on colors, but I am thrilled to finally be happy with the process.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-stencil-blocks.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 7 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), jan31 (01-25-2024), jkanack (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024), lacyquilter (01-25-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024), smadson (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 05:23 PM   #353  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if Rebekah Parker come on the ABC thread anyone? I got a Birthday card from her today. Anyone every talked to her? I have header from Sonja in a while either. anyway, I am slowly. working my way back here. Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 05:55 PM   #354  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if Rebekah Parker come on the ABC thread anyone? I got a Birthday card from her today. Anyone every talked to her? I have header from Sonja in a while either. anyway, I am slowly. working my way back here. Thanks Linda
Not sure if she is on here, but you and PM her at luvtostampstampstamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (01-25-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:47 PM   #355  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lisa, fantastic work on those quilt blocks!! Wow!!

Linda, Rebekah stops in every so often, she is still an Alpha but has a busy life!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-25-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024), lovinpaper (01-26-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 09:52 PM   #356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine the Halogen oven does give off heat but being small doesn’t give off as much heat as the main oven, when it’s hot Steve tends to cook chicken or whatever in the morning and we would have it cold with salad, I will say it’s not at good cooking cakes!
very easy to clean too and heats up really quickly.

It was 23c yesterday,by the time we arrived home after our walk at 10.15 we were down to T shirts, some people are wearing shorts, we always laugh as we wore shorts in the winter when we first arrived but after one trip to the nearest town, Cartagena, where we didn’t actually get out of the car as we realised how stupid we would look as the Spanish were all in boots and big coats, now we just smile and say, tourists, I think you would call them snowbirds!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (01-26-2024), jkanack (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 12:32 PM   #357  
Stazon Splitcoast

thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Not sure if she is on here, but you and PM her at luvtostampstampstamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2024, 12:37 PM   #358  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sharon Thank you for the sweet birthday card. I got today, it was very nice of you. Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (01-27-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM   #359  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl thank you for pretty pink flower birthday card. I love it so much. And can't wait to [size=13px]craft.[/size] [size=13px]Again,[/size] h[size=13px]opely very soon Love all my scs friends.
Linda[/size]
Reply With Quote Likes
shirlb19 (01-28-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 05:04 PM   #360  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you!
Did you see pm email you? if so, delete it. I need to email the ABC addresses I delete mind by mistake. Thanks for the birthday card too. Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Lisa, fantastic work on those quilt blocks!! Wow!!

Linda, Rebekah stops in every so often, she is still an Alpha but has a busy life!
Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (01-26-2024)