Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-03-2024, 05:37 PM   #761  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,314 Likes on 1,384 Posts

Hello everyone! I have been so productive today. Got the regular cleaning and laundry done and also got some more in depth cleaning done that has been overdue. That feels good to get that accomplished.

Apparently there was a burglary in our neighborhood somewhere on Wednesday. I will be doing research to find out where, I'm concerned that it was on our street.

Wow, Kathy, good job wondering Vickster into a visit by the thread! Perhaps you can wonder Kandie into visiting us next! I love those dad jokers too, so funny. I played some for the girls...they kind of just rolled their eyes...which made me laugh more.

Ann, I hope you feel better quickly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (05-04-2024), muscrat (05-04-2024), smadson (05-05-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 11:36 AM   #762  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,930 Likes on 2,195 Posts

We had card class today. They love our cards, and they especially love when we do a lot of the work for them. Like coloring some of the die cuts or tying the bows. I told him I could put the whole card kit together for them but my price will go up! LOL. It seems the easier the card the better they like it so we don't do a lot of challenging stuff. And today The girls were rather chatty and we had to tell them to pay attention.! I hate trying to tell them what to do when nobody's listening.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 12:52 PM   #763  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,825 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Kathy, where do you teach these classes? I know you use SU, so maybe the new epherema packs would be good with a simple greeting stamp set. That may be more work, but you wouldn't be coloring for each person.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 03:39 PM   #764  
Proud Fan Club Member

My best friend is an SU demonstrator. She used to make all the cards but when she got busy she asked if I could do three and she would do three. she gives me a discount and doesn't charge me for the class. There are eight other ladies and we have no more room! We barely all fit around the table in her dining room as it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (05-04-2024), lovinpaper (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 07:46 PM   #765  
Matboard Maniac

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello, just wondering if this is a typo that should be X or maybe S is repeated since X is near impossible and S has enough options that the letter can be repeated without duplicating what was submitted when it was the original S week.

24. ABC20X24 May 29, 2024 - S

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and getting in some crafty time!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 05:38 AM   #766  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, that S should be an X . I'm sure Ann will change it once she reads your post! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 08:11 AM   #767  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It was a busy weekend here because the first VBS decorations "party" happened. Even though I retired from VBS years ago, when your daughter is the director, you un-retire. The turnout wasn't very good, too many other things going on. I think DD2's biggest challenge right now is finding people for some key volunteer roles.

My hands are still sore from working on the task she gave me at the party - making strange underwater plants using TP and paper towel cores threaded over dowels. She has a number of 1/4" dowels that are about 3 feet tall. She had me cut the cores into approximately 1/2"-3/4" strips, punch holes in them (good thing I have a Crop-a-dile) and thread them through the dowel so it is all these circles going through the dowel. At random intervals, there are pipe cleaner branches coming off with more core pieces threaded on them. When finished, it will all be spray painted. I love how she makes things using what is basically considered trash.

She's been having the church bring lids since January - all kinds of lids, just bring them and she will decide if she can use them or not. The lids are being hot glued onto bases (think upside bowls) and those will be spray painted to mimic coral.

24. ABC20X24 May 29, 2024 - S - for this question, the keyword has the letter X, it is just letter at the end that shows S instead of X.

Kathy, that is interesting that the ladies want easy cards. When I went to card class, I always like learning new techniques and doing them - though I wasn't a fan of fussy cutting...still not really a fan but I will do it. And I'm with you, I hate giving instructions (or even talking) to someone who clearly isn't paying attention. I'll just stop talking!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (05-06-2024), mcschmidty (05-06-2024), muscrat (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 08:18 AM   #768  
Proud Fan Club Member

I told demo friend that next time they are all talking over either of us, we will just sit down until they notice nothing is happening!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (05-06-2024), mcschmidty (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 08:24 AM   #769  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That is an excellent idea - and you should time them to see how long it takes for them to notice!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (05-06-2024), muscrat (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 09:58 AM   #770  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,214 Likes on 1,841 Posts

The letter is all changed, sorry for the confusion!! Yes the keyword is correct!

Hope, Sharon is ok in Kansas, weather is horrible there today with storms!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
mcschmidty (05-06-2024), muscrat (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 09:22 PM   #771  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi

Wow- Catherine- sounds like your un-retirement is so fun with the coral and TP greenery. I hope we get to see pictures when the decorating is all done!

Kathy- I bet your card classes are amazing, as we all know how beautiful your cards are! Hope the ladies settle down!

Prayers for Sharon's safety!

Hawaiian stopped by! Waving hello!

We are just back tonight from a quick trip to Colorado- little Rowan is 5 already (actually on the 10th).. We also got to see and spend time with the 7 month old baby! Wow- he is a chunk! LOL Rowan did not even hit the growth chart until he was 1.... this baby is short and stout! He looks more like Kayla's family IMO (looks like her dad- in the face) , and Rowan is the spitting image of his dad( our son) at age 5!!! Kayla's dad had a knee replacement at age 59 and died...... has to be hard for her!
Lots of delays for wind in the mountains today, but made it safely home and ready to get to bed!

Melody- just got your Christmas card from Colorado! Delayed Thanks! How beautiful!

Waving hello to all

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2024, 07:01 AM   #772  
Proud Fan Club Member

If I don't get on the ball, I'm going to be late for Melody's birthday. I'm going to try and get it in the mail today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2024, 08:16 AM   #773  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Somehow I am running late this morning, not sure how that happened.

DD1 is off this morning for her choir trip to Spain. They fly from Atlanta to Paris and then on to Spain. Praying for safe travels for all.

I don't follow the weather but also hope Sharon is safe in Kansas.

Welcome back, Shelly. Yes, I will share photos once everything is done and in the space. Every year I wonder how it is going to come together and it always does. DD2 is such a good planner and creative as well - you CAN be both!

Kathy, thanks for mentioning Melody's birthday. I've been thinking I need to check the list!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-07-2024), muscrat (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 11:10 AM   #774  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Anne's birthday is coming up also. She and Melody are quite close in birthdays.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 11:37 AM   #775  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Sis Ann!!!
first off and foremost Hauoli Lahanau just incase I miss it !!!I pray you get well soon ! I’m in the same boat as you since my dr just gave me my flu shot!! Grrr something that’s suppose to protect me ends up actually causing it , go figure!!
Sis Catherine, I lost your addy so without much dangerous info posting out here what City or part of Sacramento? I have family who has recently moved and started business there and been asking me to come visit and if at any chance it’s possible , I definitely would love to see you and the Obama! If you rather put it in private check your in box I left you a message and if that don’t work then just leave it there and when I get a chance I will check !, or you can always tell Ann she can pass it on over 😉😘
To all birthday coming and gone by much aloha and Hauoli Lahaina sisters!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Hawaiian:
annsforte3 (05-07-2024), mcschmidty (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 03:18 PM   #776  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

This week's letter is U!

Keywords: ABC20U21, ABC20, and your personal keyword

Have fun!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2024, 03:20 PM   #777  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Anyone else having trouble with the site copying and pasting? I can't paste my link to my U card in the posting gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2024, 03:39 PM   #778  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 757 Likes on 364 Posts

Here's mine for U = USA

SC1009, ABC20U21, The U.S.A. by jdmommy at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2024, 07:29 PM   #779  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone...yes, another post today from me. Currently, I am essentially home alone as DD2 is already in bed because she has to be at work at 5 am tomorrow. Wesley is asleep on the back of the couch and DH is at a meeting. And where is DD1, you ask? Somewhere in the sky between Atlanta and Paris, France - closer to Paris though. I have been tracking her flight. Once they get to Paris, they have a 2.5 hour layover and then flight to Valencia, Spain.

I hope she has been able to sleep on the flight but she is like me and doesn't usually manage to sleep in moving vehicles whether those are planes, cars, trains, whatever. Not useful at all.

Thanks for the reminder, Lisa, I better get to the birthday list.

Vickster! I will message you with the info. That would be awesome if you came over!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-08-2024), mcschmidty (05-12-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 06:03 AM   #780  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning everyone!

Oh my Catherine, your daughter is off to Spain!! Wow!! What a great experience for her!

Yesterday was horrible here weather wise, bad thunderstorms. Have to be thankful for no tornadoes in our area, watches were in neighboring counties!

Seeing some fantastic U cards already!! Our group is so creative!!

Have a good day ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-12-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 06:31 AM   #781  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,781 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Happy Wednesday, better known as Hump Day...and noon is the hump of the hump.
I had a good time up north, my sister was 90 percent surprised. She doesn't love being surprised, she tends to try to have a plan for every eventuality but she was very happy to see me. It meant a lot to her, I think. We had a good birthday dinner, fish fry with perch, very good. Too noisy of a place but they're all like that up there. Then on Saturday we went down to Janet's house, had a pontoon ride before it started to rain, saw eagles sitting near their nest and loons lurking where they usually have a nest. Last year the eagles got the baby loons, hope that doesn't happen again. I also saw lots of birds that I've never seen before, buffle headed ducks too. The ducks are really beautiful, of course the males are beautiful. I now have an app on my phone through the Cornell Ornithology dept and I can identify birds with their songs, even if I can't see them.
Saw the sleep doctor on Monday and the optometrist on Tuesday. Good appointments, everyone in healthcare here is very good, very kind, very welcoming. Helps to have two major healthcare systems here, Gundersen and Mayo. The Gundersen system is huge, I thought my appointment was at the usual clinic, fortunately I looked to see what floor I would be on, it was a totally different building. i had to use valet parking as the huge parking lot was overflowing. Very very busy place.
The verdict on my cataracts: I had the best explanation about what should happen in my case. I only have one good eye, the left one, they would do the right one first but I'm still on the border line to have it done and because there is always risk, however slight, because I have only one useful eye, it's best to wait until it's really ready. The only thing that is really a problem is driving at night and my family helps me out with that. I can't read road signs well but if I know where I'm going, no problem. It isn't really affecting my day to day. She said that technology is improving all the time so by the time I'm ready, there will be less risk.
Gotta go, haircut!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 08:25 AM   #782  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I woke up to a text from DD1 in WhatsApp that she has safely arrived in Valencia. I also learned that the director of the choir, her husband had a serious fall and she had to leave him to go on this trip so now prayers for her and her husband. I'm just glad they are safely there and pray this is a fabulous trip. They will be in the Valencia area for several days and then I think they also get to the Madrid and Barcelona areas before returning home. Spain is one country we didn't make it to when we were in college in France.

The fact that I am a mom to two girls was showing with my U card - Under the Sea. They used to love the Disney Ariel movie and even had a friend who loved Ariel so much, she wanted to be Ariel (and didn't like it when we reminded her of that fact when she was teen!).

Ann, I am also thankful you didn't have any tornadoes in your area! Are you recovered from the after effects of your shot?

Jean, I'm sure your sister appreciated that you came all that way for her 60th birthday and I'm glad you had a good time. Also glad you got a good explanation on your cataracts.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 04:00 PM   #783  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,542 Posts

I am fine, everyone. We didn’t get any bad weather, not even any rain. And last two days since have been beautiful!.

Catherine, I am happy to hear DD is safely to her destination!

May birthdays! I have been in scrapbooking mode for National Scrapbooking Day- for whole month of May! Do we have too many papercrafting hobbies? Cards, scrapbooking, junk journaling, and 3-d projects.
Have a great rest of the week everyone.

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 11:29 PM   #784  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hi ladies!

Stephi called late tonight- she had to have grades in by 11:59 tonight. She came across a few group of students that had the exact same answers on labs...so has to turn them as cheating..... Many teachers do not check. Since she is year one, she is very astute to all issues. We will see here on Memorial Day weekend- and she is done with this semester! She is buying my CRV which I like very much and Ray is going to try to sell her car- Honda Civic which is a wreck! Body damage and interior is in bad shape too...... And, there is a letterboxing event close by to her- so Ray and Stephi agreed to join in the fun with letterboxing, a potluck then then a sing along....! Sounds like a blast!

Catherine- prayers for your daughter and the group too. What an amazing adventure for the kids!

Sharon- glad you are safe. Hope you are as well Ann!

Jean- glad you had a fun adventure with your siblings. How cool you could 90% surprise your sis!
And, glad you had safe travels for your drive as well.

We had a great trip to Colorado- so busy since we are back! I cannot believe 5 years has passed since Rowan was born..... Ray has the bug to be around the grandkids.... but he is still working and the houses there are very expensive since Covid!
Ray wanted some Adirondack chairs, and I ran over to Costco and they were $25 off... so bought 2 of them and he has to assemble them. We are doing 'No mow May', but just until Mother's Day..... LOL He bought an electric lawn mower, so I may be able to mow the lawn- I could not start the old mower....We'll see! He listed the lawn mower we had and it was sold immediately. Wow.

I rec'd some new House Mouse images from Spellbinders. I have been trying to get them colored and cards made this week. Three of four done and I will take a break tomorrow- cannot be sitting so much, plus have errands to run!

We have Baltimore Orioles, Hummingbirds, Grosbeaks, etc here. I love this time of year! Any other bird watchers?

Off to bed! I am listening to a book and I could stay up all night- but will not! LOL

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2024, 08:20 AM   #785  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! DD1 sent her dad a text in WhatsApp asking for prayer for their choir director as her husband fell (I'm not sure if it was before they left on the trip or after) and so their director is stressed about her husband and here she is in Spain. That would be so hard. I know it was hard for my parents when I went to school in France. I got really sick in February and they were halfway on the other side of the world. I know it was in February because it messed up what I had been planning to do for my mom's birthday. I was going to call and tell her I was calling her from her tomorrow to wish her a happy birthday in my yesterday! But I was sick and didn't get to place the call.

We are starting to help DD2 look for her own car. She has been saving diligently and really wants to get her own car.

Sharon, of your listed papercrafting hobbies: cards, scrapbooking, junk journaling, and 3D projects, fortunately, I only do cards. I need to get back to scrapbooking but the last two, I really don't do which is a good thing. I don't get to fit enough card making time in my schedule as it is.

Shelly, with the internet and all the homework cheating sites that are out there and now AI, I can't imagine what a challenge that is for a teacher. I'm glad your daughter checks these things out though.

And I agree, it is hard to believe Rowan is already five!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-10-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 10:17 AM   #786  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, so glad your daughter arrived safely but sad for the director and her husband. I'll never forget when my grandmother went on a trip to Europe with a tour group and my grandfather had a stroke shortly after she left. This was in the late 60's, I still don't know how my Dad and Uncle found her so she could come home. Cool how the VBS is coming together.
If anyone is interested in birding, download the app called Merlin. It's through the Cornell Ornithology and you can identify birds through their sounds, even if you can't see them.
I too only do cards and maybe a little bit of 3D and mixed media. It's enough for me but admire those who do scrapbooking.
Yikes, it's May! Birthdays! Just got Anne's off, Melody's tomorrow. Probably will be late but at least they'll be on their way.
Discovered that there are bird's nests in the eves of my house. Scott is here working on it right now. They're house sparrows, which are invasive and not good for local birds.
I got some of my outdoor stuff out today. It's been in the shed and hard to get at because Scott has lots of tools in there. Happy that I could get some things out, looking more like my house.
Mirren has a concert tonight, happy to be going. Poor Clare is sick. She went to school this morning after missing a couple of days, came home pretty quickly. Not sure what's going on with her. Vomiting a few days ago, maybe something lingering, don't know.
Shelly, what does Stephi teach? I'm assuming you are going there to visit.
Not much else to report, I guess. Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2024, 07:40 PM   #787  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,174 Likes on 507 Posts

Happy Mother's Day Everyone,
Okay Happy Birthday to all the Scs friends who had birthday or who fixing to have a birthday from Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 01:22 AM   #788  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 955 Likes on 341 Posts

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by gutsport56:
annsforte3 (05-14-2024), lacyquilter (05-12-2024), lovinpaper (05-12-2024), mcschmidty (05-12-2024), smadson (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 04:18 PM   #789  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,120 Likes on 969 Posts

I didn't get to view the northern lights, but today I got a gorgeous, although brief, double rainbow.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_0885.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (05-14-2024), jkanack (05-13-2024), lovinpaper (05-12-2024), mcschmidty (05-12-2024), muscrat (05-12-2024), smadson (05-13-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 04:19 PM   #790  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Beautiful rainbow, Melody. Glad you got a photo to share.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-14-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 08:05 AM   #791  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning!

First, I hope Anne had a Happy Birthday yesterday!

And I hope all of you enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day! Beautiful bouquet, Dagmar, I love lilacs.

I had a lovely day with DD2. She wore herself out as she got up early to make cinnamon rolls for me for Mother's Day (her idea, probably because I often make fresh cinnamon rolls for their birthdays) as well as breakfast and she made a tasty dinner for us too. She and I went shopping and I got a couple of tops which she actually purchased for me. DD1 sent a very lovely text too. I didn't expect that because I figured she'd be so busy on her choir tour that Mother's Day wouldn't enter her thoughts.

Jean, I hope those house sparrows were evicted! And I hope Clare is feeling better. My co-worker was in last Monday and then not in from Tuesday-Thursday. I don't know if she came in on Friday but I'm guessing she did. She said she was going to and was going to wear a mask to keep her germs to herself. I just got a text that she is still not feeling well, lots of coughing, and is staying home for which I am thankful. I'm also thankful that I didn't catch it from her when she was in on Monday as she was probably contagious then.

Melody, that double rainbow is so pretty. I didn't get to see the northern lights either but I saw the photo I'm attaching on FB that someone made for those of us who didn't get to see them. (They were visible in our area, we just missed them.)

Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-northern-lights.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-13-2024), muscrat (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 08:47 AM   #792  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

A big hi to you all! Thanks for the lilac photo, Dagmar; I have two lilac bushes in my yard, just love them.
Catherine, that's all I would have seen too. I struggle with staying awake after dark, which proves I'm not a vampire. I think if I'd had someone to chat with while outside, I could have done it. My daughter, just a few blocks away, saw them. I went outside both nights at various times, but saw nothing. I didn't realize that one really needs to look through a camera lens to get the full effect. My sister saw them up north.
I had a very relaxed Mother's Day weekend. Went over to Liz's both mornings, had some treats and coffee. There is a bakery north of me that does some very unusual pastries and breads so Liz and I drove out there on Saturday morning. It was very busy, only about 4 people can be inside the store so we had to wait outside a bit. They sold out not too long after we got there. They had some rhubarb pastries which I was anxious to try and were delicious. My daughter bought me a ton of rhubarb and some beautiful rainbow eggs from a farm. I'll post pictures. My son also called and I see that i'm getting a card from him today.
Clare is back to school, she missed almost all of last week. It was a very weird virus. Her grandma in Minnesota, who she saw the previous weekend, was very sick, ended up in the hospital for iv and medication. Clare is running her last track meet tonight, I hope she does ok. She hasn't trained, that's for sure.
Boy was the weekend beautiful. Almost too hot yesterday, my car said it was 90. But my house stays pretty cool, I'm grateful for that. Heat and me don't get along too well
I bought some flowers, bird seed, a hummingbird feeder and everything is planted and outside. I rearranged my patio furniture and the backyard looks better. No orioles have shown up to eat my oranges, darn it. I think they're becoming endangered, or else they just don't stay very long.
Melody, what a beautiful rainbow. I feel like it's been years since I've seen one; I often step outside to check if there is one, nope, there is not. It's all about timing, I guess, just like the northern lights.
So here are the photos of the eggs and the 'bouquet' of rhubarb Liz gave me. She actually gave me a lot more, but this is what was left in the pot when she pulled out mine. My brother was a little upset my kids didn't give me flowers; I told him that I knew they loved me and that's enough. Then I decided that Liz gave me a bouquet of rhubarb, which I like better than most flowers.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-20240512_130350.jpg   Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-20240512_114414.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 08:59 AM   #793  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot to mention that we again have air quality issues because of the fires in Canada. Deja vu all over again.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 11:37 AM   #794  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,542 Posts

I had a good Mother’s Day. Both kids called. They will probably call again tomorrow for DH’s birthday. At Church they agave all ladies a beautiful gift of a pink box with beautiful flowery travel mug. This was great, because I left my old scratched up one at the junk journal retreat I went to last month. i will just have to remember not to carry it to Biblestudy, because all the ladies will have the same one! LOL

i don’t know who puts our weather on the web, but we are always getting alarms that rain is coming in the next 15 minutes or lightning strike a couple of miles away, or storms now moving out of the area! So far not a drop of rain, and sun shining! We think there is a glass dome over us, because our airport reports so many inches of rain, and we got none!
Catherine, I like your Northern Lights. We were supposed to be able to see them from here, but went to bed early and didn’t get up in middle of the night to see them. Got a beautiful photo of them from Maine.
Jean, I like the Rhubarb bouquet! No flowers here. Or rhubarb, or eggs!
Larry read something funny, he isn’t on FB, so don’t know where from..

Be the first one to ask “what’s for dinner”, then you don’t have to be the one that decides!

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 12:40 PM   #795  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, your 'northern' lights is too funny.

We got together with the kids on Saturday. My son offered to cook, so I asked for Shoyu Chicken, which I think is a Hawaiian dish. Really good.

That rainbow was about 7:00 p.m. The best way to find them is when it's raining where you are and the sun comes out behind you. The rainbow will always be opposite the sun in the sky. I took a bunch of shots out the window. Most were much dimmer, but the rainbow kept getting brighter as the sun peeked out more, so I managed to get a good shot.

I have rhubarb ready to pick, but have been too lazy to get any yet.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2024, 10:15 PM   #796  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Happy Monday night- may be Tuesday by the time I post.

I woke up this AM-miserable! very sore throat and it felt like there was a rock at the back of my throat...Glands all swollen.... Well, upon examination with a flashlight, my Uvula was very swollen! I sipped tea and took an Ibuprofen, but my sister thought I should go to the ER, as strep is going around. So, I went to Urgent Care and had a swab for Covid and Strep- both negative thankfully. The doc thought virus vs allergies.... so gave me a dose of long acting steroids. Still very swollen and enlarged, but I did eat soup and then dinner, so I know I will live...LOL Threw a wrench in my plans for the day.

I am working on finding a location for a Bridal shower thrown by 6 Aunts of the groom in September- up in the area where my sister lives. I was planning on going to Marengo today, but that did not happen..... I leave on Thursday for Michigan for the letterboxing event, Katie will join me Saturday.
Maybe Wednesday or next week one day will get to look at venues.

Melody- lovely double rainbow! Your recipe sounds good- wonder if it can be made soy free?

Jean- love the Merlin App, and also Bird Genie and another called eBird. Mmmmm, I just got rhubarb and made a crumble, it is almost all gone! I have more left- what will you make with it?
Stephi teaches Environmental Sciences- College Freshman and Spohmores. and one class is a lab with 150 students!

Catherine- so sweet your DD1 contacted you on Mother's Day! LOL, loved your Northern lights picture....hahaha The food DD2 cooked sounds yummy!

Dagmar- love your flower bouquet pictures! I have a lilac in bloom- it is so wonderful and fragrant!

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2024, 05:37 AM   #797  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday, Melody!!!!!!!!!!

Anne, happy birthday to you as well, so happy you liked the card I sent!

Shelly, hope you are feeling better soon!

Catherine, fantastic that your daughter's groups made it safely to Spain, what an adventure. How wonderful that she took the time to reach out to you!

Sharon, I was so worried about you with all of the bad weather that was predicted for your area, glad it bypassed you!

Off to get household stuff done! Been slacking as I received the first 4 books by Julia Quinn of the Bridgerton series for Mother's Day, so I have been opting to read instead of clean and do laundry! LOL!

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2024, 08:07 AM   #798  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is going to be a long day away from home today as DH is going down the hill with me so we will stay down there until after board meeting.

Happy birthday, Melody! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day! I did get your card mailed last week but don't know if it will make it in time or extend the celebration.

I went through a couple of boxes from the garage last night and discovered that DH is being more sentimental than I am. I am now getting a bit more ruthless. I had him look at his books in the one box I went through to see if he could part with any of them. No, the answer was no! Has he looked at them since we moved here? No. That's OK, I'm certainly not getting rid of his stuff - and I didn't get rid of my 5-6 vintage Nancy Drew books either! DD2 picked out three items - a Clark Gable paper doll book that my mom gave me, a kid's book that was my mom's so is quite old, and a book about WWII frogmen that we had due to both home schooling and the fact that "Grandpa" Dave from church was one of those original frogmen (and an all around amazing guy, we sure miss him). The two boxes became one due to eliminating things and also the fact that one of them had our yearbooks in them and I wanted those in the house. Now I need to make space on one of our bedroom bookcases.

Uh-oh, Jean, I don't have proof I'm not a vampire because I stay up late all the time! LOL Saturday night I foolishly stayed up until 2:00 am just finishing a book I was reading.

No flowers here either as I trained my family early not to spend money on cut flowers. I'd rather have stamping things! DD2 did get me a couple of crafty things because we went to Ben Franklins. Their paper crafting section has also shrunk though they still have a lot of patterned paper.

I'm glad all of you enjoy rhubarb. My dad liked it too but I have never enjoyed it and hated it when he would cook it. The whole house would smell, in my opinion.

What a lovely collection of eggs too. I'm sorry about the air quality issues. I hadn't heard Canada was having fires again.

Sharon, deciding what is for dinner is such a challenge sometimes!

Melody, I looked up Shoyu Chicken and it sounds tasty! Sweet and spicy together? That's a winner in my book.

Shelly, so glad you didn't have strep or covid. Praying you are better very soon.

Ann, reading sounds like an excellent choice to me! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2024, 01:42 PM   #799  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, as well as cards. I plan to send PM's for those.

Here's a photo of the recipe we got for the Shoyu Chicken when we went to the class at the library. It has all my notes written on it. The chef presenting had written the recipe from a large catering recipe, so I think he had to change all the amounts for a single recipe. And he left out a few steps, but as he was talking, I wrote as many notes as I could.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_0877.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2024, 07:53 AM   #800  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It has truly warmed up here...sadly! Yesterday morning, I picked up what I thought was some wood debris from the floor in our master bathroom, then it wiggled in my hand and I couldn't drop it into the trash can fast enough. It was a tiny, tiny scorpion! That is the second one I've found in the house in the years we've lived here - both in the master bath and both by me! I'm good thanks! No more would be great. Thankfully, it didn't have a chance to sting me while I had it. But I don't touch insects directly and definitely not scorpions!

DD1 texted that they got to learn the rumba from a flamenco dancer. This is when I learned that the Spanish rumba is different than the rumba they showed on Dancing with the Stars!

Melody, that looks like a tasty recipe. I think I could make it vegetarian too.
Reply With Quote Likes