Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-11-2023, 01:23 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Thanks, Kathy. I watch a lot of youtube videos. Most of the time, the next videos that show have an option that the video will start in xxx amount of seconds or cancel. Most of the time I hit cancel. I don't think I've ever come across the option to close. If you hit cancel, the previous video is still available for replay.

We went and got our latest covid booster this afternoon. Of course, they try to get you to get other shots as well, but we said no.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-11-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023), smadson (12-11-2023)
Old 12-11-2023, 03:59 PM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Oh Melody, bless your heart for all those suggestions. Especially the location of an apple orchard!
That photo was funny about the wrapping!

Thank you Lisa for your suggestions too and welcome to the round! And Vickie too, a bucket list. Good idea and googling too!

It sounds like some of you are raring to start the Round. Good on you. I may be fashionably late, lol

Dagmar and Annette, I got your sweet cards in today's mail. Thank you!

Kathy those labels look neat! I just use masking tape and write on it, lol.

Melody we got our flu shots first and then covid a few weeks after. I think it is better to separate the shots. I was talking to one woman who had them both at the same time and she had issues. Course everybody is different. We didn't do it on purpose, it is just that I wanted to get the flu shot as soon as they were available and my covid booster was not due to be done yet.

I am having a spanakopita and roasted carrots for dinner by myself. Dh is drinking the Colyte stuff for his colonoscopy tomorrow.

Sorry Ann that you woke up with a headache. Not fun!

Sharon I am living on the memories of some great travelling too!

Jan, you are back into the thick of it. Always lots to deal with when returning.

Gracie thinking of you for Dec. 15th!!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), jan31 (12-11-2023), smadson (12-11-2023)
Old 12-11-2023, 04:28 PM   #43  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine that was not a nice birthday present for your dh. Glad he was okay. I remember slipping once on an icy hill and the scary part is that while you are falling, you don't know how you are going to end up.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), jan31 (12-11-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-11-2023, 09:05 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

I have to say a huge thank you for all my Birthday cards, Steve collected the mail yesterday so I had happy mail to open,I will send a pm to you all but just wanted to say thank you, luckily we didn’t have anything horrible to open!! After three months away there’s usually something to worry about.

We have our Covid and flu shots this morning, so I’m worried as I always feel ill afterwards, that’s after my hairdresser appointment at 8.30, can’t believe it’s so quick as Steve only booked it yesterday.
thankfully his bloods were goodish, at least he has been given six weeks this time, before we left home his levels went all over the place and he had to go every week so I was worried but I just kept on with the schedule he had when we left.

The timer on the pool stopped working so we had a man round to fix that yesterday so while he was here I had an hour in my craft room so I’ve stamped a few things for A and B, not sure where I’m going with it yet though haha.

Catherine thank goodness your DH didn’t hurt himself.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 08:18 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Good morning! Today, DD2 was up at 1:20 am in order to be at work at 3:00 am because the truck was coming at 4:00 am. Yuck to that schedule! And DD1 has her vocal juries this morning (well, it is afternoon where she is). She is singing three songs and is a little stressed about it. That happens at 9:30 am my time, 12:30 pm her time.

I am busy working on making little snow hat treat boxes for DD1's former co-workers at her Starbucks out here. It involves a lot of die cutting and paper cutting. I have almost all the pieces cut. Just one more thing to cut and then score all the pieces that make the box part. Tedious project! DD2 will probably ask what about her co-workers!

I have board meeting tonight, I always wish we'd cancel the December board meeting...too busy with other things!

Good job all of you who are already onto your A cards!

Ann, yes, we are very excited....four more days!

Wow, Kathy, the rack was symmetrical too? So many of them aren't. There is one buck around here whose rack looks more like some other animal than deer because it kind of twists and spirals.

Where do you buy your Post It note tape? What a great item to include in your gift.

Melody, I'm surprised the Post it tape sticks well enough to containers in the fridge and freezer.

Vickie, I like the bucket list idea for locations. That could be really fun.

Kathy, I have turned autoplay off on YouTube so I haven't gotten what you described. Of course, I haven't watched any YouTube for a few days now so maybe they changed something!

Yum to spanakopita, Shirl. I love that! And DH says thank you.

Jan, you are busy, busy, busy with appointments! I hope you don't have too much reaction to your shots.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023), Vickie Y (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 10:24 AM   #46  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,919 Likes on 2,187 Posts

Catherine, I ordered the post it note tape on walmart.com. I got a 6 pack of 1"x700" for a little over $30. I have autoplay turned off too. What I'm seeing is after I play a video. They put a suggested video and I have to choose close or play. Usually my video just ends and I close it. I don't remember suggested videos popping up after I play something. It doesn't autoplay. But I have to choose close or play.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 12-12-2023, 02:09 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, I have a weird request. Would it be possible for you to change the heading on the Alpha posting thread (not this chat) to start with the word Alpha or Alphabet? I leave a lot of tabs open and it's so much easier to find it if it starts with Alphabet. I would really appreciate if you could do that. Thanks.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 12-12-2023, 02:28 PM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I received lovely Christmas cards today from Sharon, Catherine and Melody. Thanks so very much! I love getting mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023), shirlb19 (12-12-2023), smadson (12-13-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 02:56 PM   #49  
Proud Fan Club Member

I think I'm going crazy. While at Walmart today I picked up a half a gallon of green tea. I remember they did not have gallons, which is why I got the half gallon. So when I went to look for it a little bit ago I could not find it. I checked my purchase history, I always scan my receipt to make it easier to see what I bought. I did not pay for a half gallon of tea! This is driving me crazy trying to figure out what happened to it! At first I thought maybe I paid for it and just left it there. But it's not showing up on my receipt so I didn't even pay for it! Mysteries like this just drive me crazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), jkanack (12-14-2023), mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 03:51 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,196 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Does anyone else use Evernote for their stamps?

I just got notice that the free version is being limited to only 50 notes.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (12-13-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 09:41 PM   #51  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well at least you didn't pay for it, Kathy. I have heard of people taking things out of other people's carts!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), muscrat (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 01:18 AM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies,
Popping in before bed. I had a stomach bug hit me yesterday, was up most of the night and slept all day! So, tonight I am not too tired! Was able to eat chicken and rice for dinner without an issue- so yeah!

This new round sounds so fun- looking forward to it.

We have less than 4 weeks left here- then will head home. Mail is so slow- I am sorry of your cards do not arrive in a timely manner! Mail forwarding is also awful!

Has anyone heard of Carve December? I am participating this year- trying to keep up! It is fun and I am practicing carving stamps- which I use for letterboxing- so very fun!

Jan- glad you made it home OK! I know we will be in the same boat with lots to do and clean when we get home! My family is waiting for us to get home for our Christmas gathering- so will be late January...!
Melody- so funny- my DIL picked apples early Oct and still has some that are in great shape! The applesauce sounds yummy!
Catherine- glad your hubby did not hurt himself falling down the front steps! Nice toi have your DD1 home too.
Jean- I love the Nutcracker- so lovely you went to see it! Glad you have a nice Christmas gathering to attend. Nice to spend time with your friends for a few days.
Welcome back Vickie and welcome Lisa! Great list you have created!
Kathy- congrats to your hubby on his hunting and the 10 point! Does he have the deer hear mounted?
Shirl- I have to look up the name of the meal you had- do not know what that is! LOL
Ann- we have a humidifier running full time here- it is SO DRY here!
Gracie- will be thinking of you this week- and prayers for the best surgery crew!

Well, heading to bed- have errands to get done tomorrow and a set of ATC's to get made - I carved a Snoopy image having a snowball fight- it took me 3 attempts before I was OK with the carve! Have to run to the church with angel gifts, post office and a couple of items for dinner.

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), jan31 (12-13-2023), shirlb19 (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 07:12 AM   #53  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, he doesn't mount the head but he saves he rack. I just realized it's Wednesday and time to upload! I have to do that from my phone because that's where my pictures are.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-13-2023), mcschmidty (12-15-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 08:05 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Two more days...no, I'm not counting down or anything! LOL Tonight we have our final small group meeting of the year and tomorrow night, DH gets an early birthday present from DD2 which will involve all three of us going to the movies. We are going to see the Chosen Christmas special. DD2 found out about it from a co-worker and bought tickets. Then, the next night, DD1 is home!

I didn't get any crafting done last night (other than my sketch card) because I needed to take care of a couple neglected household chores. Perhaps tonight after small group....Still thinking about my A card.

Kathy, I'll have to watch some Youtube videos and see if that is what I experience as well. I haven't had time this week and some of my favorite crafter videos are starting to pile up!

I'd love to see a photo of the 10 point rack.

Kathy, at least you didn't pay for the tea, strange what happened.

Ann, yes, I use Evernote for my craft supplies. It looks like I'll have a huge project switching to something else.

Shelly, what do you carve your stamps from? Glad you are feeling better.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-14-2023), jan31 (12-13-2023), muscrat (12-14-2023), shirlb19 (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 01:08 PM   #55  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, I've thought of participating in Carve December. Julie has been doing that for at least a few years, but December is always so busy.

Kathy, I take my pictures with my phone, but then I email them to myself and do all editing and uploading from my desktop computer. I like to be able to 'see' what I'm doing, and the phone is just too small. I have a pretty large monitor for my desktop.

Well, I have another batch of applesauce in the crock pot. I found that even the apples in the garage, which is pretty cold, have some that are still in good shape. I had some inside the house that had quite a few go bad and got tossed, but when I checked those in the garage, there are many down in the lower portion of the bins and bags still in good shape. I think they must be more insulated underneath other apples. So I guess I'm not done yet. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-14-2023), jan31 (12-13-2023), shirlb19 (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 01:32 PM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Ann, for flip flopping the title. I really appreciate that little detail.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-14-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 06:06 PM   #57  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, excited for you that dd is coming home. I got your pretty card today. Thank you so much!

Shelly sorry you got the flu. Glad it was just one day. That is interesting about the carving. I am not going to go there, but I sure wish some stamp company would bring back all the Snoopy images.

Spanakopita is just spinach and cheese in filo pastry that you bake in the oven. I buy them premade at a local store called Heritage Meats.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-14-2023), mcschmidty (12-15-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 06:47 AM   #58  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, I usually upload the picture directly from my phone but most times all I do is give it a name and save it. Then I go in from my tablet and edit the description. I used to email them to myself like you said.

I have physical therapy at 2:00 today. so far I haven't really noticed that it helps any but I'm sticking with it.

I went out many times through the night last night to see the meteor showers but was disappointed. The sky cleared up quite a bit but I only saw about a dozen meteors. During peak time you were supposed to see close to 100 an hour and I was up at peak time, 2:00 a.m. I would see maybe three in a row and then nothing for a while.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-14-2023), mcschmidty (12-14-2023), shirlb19 (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 08:13 AM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had our last small group meeting for the year last night so decided to go out with a meal. I told them I would make soup and they were welcome to bring whatever they wanted or not bring anything. Then DH suggested we make two soups so there would be a choice so we had fun in the kitchen last night making two soups. I had two sous chefs - DH and DD2 - helping me make two soups simultaneously. That was fun and challenging but we didn't get the recipes mixed up and the soups were tasty. I made cauliflower soup and pumpkin lasagna soup (both vegan).

From the highs to the lows. This morning I learned that my aunt passed away. She was my mom's SIL and the last aunt/uncle of that generation. I never would have guessed she would be the last as she had so many health issues through the years. If you think of it, please pray for my cousins as they grieve. She had cancer.

Regarding card photos, I take the photos with my phone now. I used to use my camera but that was too much hassle of then connecting the cable between the camera and the computer to transfer the photos. I have an iPhone and a Mac computer, so I just air drop the photos and then proceed from there.

Ann, I just got the email from Evernote yesterday. So frustrating but I kind of suspected it was coming. They just kept making changes through the years. At first, I could sync the information between three devices (can't remember now what the three devices I used were!), then they narrowed it down to two and, the other day, I went to make a new note and was told I couldn't so I was getting ready to change my set up then got the email. Now I have to decide if I switch it all to AirTable and use that until they do the same or just try to set something up in Excel.

Shirl, you are most welcome! I see your card in my email from the USPS this morning so I should receive it today.

Kathy, I didn't even know that there was supposed to be a meteor shower. Sorry it was underwhelming.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-14-2023), jan31 (12-14-2023), shirlb19 (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 08:59 AM   #60  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Good Thursday to you all! Sunny day, guys are here working on the house, life is good.
I'm getting ready to head SE tomorrow, getting some cards and small gifts ready to take with me, have two packages to mail but might mail them from Menomonee Falls (don't feel like going out today). I had my haircut yesterday, she put green highlights in my hair. The top of my head looks like I dipped my head in green frosting. I like it, it's fun! Won't do it again, too expensive. Sadly I didn't know ahead of time that I can't wash my hair with hot water; that would have been good to know. I'll wash the color right out if I do. So now I'll have to wash in the sink. She told me I should just use conditioner for a while, my hair is so dry. I remember asking my former hairdresser if I needed conditioner and she said no. I know my hair tends to be dry and I know people wash their hair too much but I didn't expect that I should stop using shampoo for a while. .
After my haircut, I did some running around in the Onalaska area since I was up there already. Went to TJ Maxx, Sierra, Target, Dollar Tree. Did some Christmas shopping for the girls at Target and online, bought a few little things to take with me for tiny presents for friends.
Everyone sounds very busy with Christmas prep, outdoor stuff, family, everything in between.
Catherine, I'm sorry about your aunt. I have two aunts in their 90's, keep waiting to hear that my uncle in his 90's is declining quickly. Another uncle in his 90's is in NH, I know he has health problems, don't hear from him much. He is the baby of my Mom's siblings, last one.
Have Clare's winter band concert tonight. I hope she isn't embarrassed by her weird grandma's hair. She embarrasses easily.
Need to keep cracking on my projects. Thanks goodness my cards are mostly in the mail now. I'm thinking good thoughts for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-14-2023), jan31 (12-14-2023), mcschmidty (12-14-2023), shirlb19 (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 09:43 AM   #61  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was thinking of using Excel too, catherine. I'm wondering if there's a way we could put different notes in for the sentiments in the set. And then pull up the information maybe through a merge. It's been a while since I've creating any Excel spreadsheets but I'm thinking I already have some sheets. I just didn't put any categories other than the stamp set name who made it and maybe when I bought it. But I'm thinking in Evernote or air table you could put different categories in so if you're looking for sympathy you could just pull up sets that have sympathy in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-14-2023), mcschmidty (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 12:46 PM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!

Catherine so sorry to hear about your aunt. Closer to DD1 coming home!! Hooray!

I use my iphone for pictures and load them into my computer. I edit them in paint.net.

My son moved all of my notes from Evernote into Notepad! You have to use the desktop version of Evernote to be able to move them. Notepad works great and is free with Microsoft office which I have. Son number 4 told me to just use Notepad when I was entering everything into Evernote, so of course he said, see told you so that it would not be free for long.

I am just happy that I did not have to retype them all or copy and paste.
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 11:42 PM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Waving hello to all!

Sorry to all who used Evernote- and glad I did not enter all the stamps into that app! So time consuming and 50 files does not take long to fill up!
I made some Alcohol ink ornaments from a set of glass ornaments I bought for $0.50 at a thrift shop for my tree, which is small and fills it up perfectly! I added a couple of my DIL's ornaments and it looks so lovely- small but festive.
My friend Claudette came today and we created and chatted, and made a few backgrounds. I also worked on ATC's for a swap- I carved a snoopy snowball scene- so fun!
Time is flying and we have just about 3 weeks before we head home! Ray is done working for the year- yeah! Tomorrow, we will take Rowan for breakfast then to the Science Museum- which he calls the teachers museum. It is an awesome place!
The baby is starting to look around more and smile alot- and the legs- always in motion! Just 2 months now, but..... LOL Will be fun to see how active he is at an early age!

I love reading all of the posts. daughters helping make soup, green hair, etc.... Love it all!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (12-15-2023), jan31 (12-15-2023), shirlb19 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 08:27 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,875 Posts

My family is filling my head with ideas for B. I had one, but they have many more. It is nice to hear their thoughts. We went to a butterfly house a few times, a beehive place once, and watch bears on YouTube a lot. I think my husband blocked out the baseball game we went to. I enjoy hearing their ideas.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (12-15-2023), mcschmidty (12-15-2023), shirlb19 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 09:36 AM   #65  
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie praying for your surgery today!

I am old school, no Evernote. I record everything I buy manually in a binder, lol.....

I expect Catherine will be over the moon today, lol.

Shelly I clicked on your blog, but get a dangerous web page blocked message. This happens when I click on various blogs, not sure why.

We are in for 3 sunny days I think with temps around 7 C......which is 44.6.....No snow for Christmas they are saying, just possible rain.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-15-2023), jan31 (12-15-2023), mcschmidty (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 09:45 AM   #66  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thinking of Gracie today! Hugs for a good recovery!

Lisa, those are some excellent ideas your family is giving you!

I'm baking muffins and cookies for family today. Company coming tomorrow for son number 4's birthday!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (12-15-2023), mcschmidty (12-15-2023), shirlb19 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 11:30 AM   #67  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Today is the day, hip, hip, hooray! DD1 has started her trip home. First, was a couple hour shuttle ride to Nashville to catch her first flight. She will board in Nashville, they land in Chicago but no plane change, and then she lands in Sacramento. Yay!

I am thinking of Gracie today and praying for wonderful outcome and speedy and complete recovery. I had another friend who had her second knee replacement surgery yesterday.

Jean, hopefully Clare just thought you are a fun grandmother with your green hair. So many people dye their hair these days that it isn't that unusual. Safe travels to you.

Ann, I'm not familiar with Notepad. I've heard of Microsoft OneNote which is very similar to Evernote though I prefer Evernote. Evernote was actually free for quite a while. I have looked at my software and I don't see anything that I can identify as Notepad.

Kathy, Excel is completely searchable so I can search for a word and it will tell me all the entries that have that word but it wouldn't display them like Evernote does. I'm not sure when I'll get to it though.

Shelly, it sounds like you have been having a marvelous time.

Shirl, what I have loved about Evernote is that I have it on both my computer and my phone so I never had the problem of double buying something.

Baking....yes, I need to get to that!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-17-2023), jan31 (12-15-2023), shirlb19 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 12:52 PM   #68  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, do you think I could type several words in a row in a column and still search for one individual word. For instance maybe I would have the words sympathy, deer, woodgrain, and leather for a card that is a sympathy card that uses a woodgrain embossing folder, a deer die, and has a leather bow. So could I search for any of those words if they're in the same row and column? If I have extra time I may get started and create the spreadsheet. I have Microsoft OneNote and I think I already have stuff in that too but my stuff is probably office 2007. I'm really not sure I just know it's old. I took a class on Excel so I can see what I remember from that.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-17-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 09:57 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Catherine, how exciting that DD is finally on her way home.

Thinking of Gracie and wishing her a speedy recovery.

I need to update my list of dies ,it’s just on my iPhone notes!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (12-17-2023), shirlb19 (12-16-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 12:48 PM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts

Here is my Letter A ~~
ABC ~ Letter A by Redbugdriver at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2023, 02:17 PM   #71  
Proud Fan Club Member

Karen, we have a separate posting thread just for the cards. It is here: Alphabet Challenge Round 20- Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 Posting Thread by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers

It's for just the card so we chat on this thread. It's fine to post here but I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it and they will if you add it to that thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-17-2023), shirlb19 (12-16-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 04:14 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 949 Likes on 339 Posts

Thank you all, for the get well wishes. My DH is a little bit better feeling today.

I'm thinking of Gracie. Hope all goes well.Catherine, how exciting that DD is finally on her way home.

Shelly, enjoy the time with your family.

Sending Love and hugs to all of you.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by gutsport56:
annsforte3 (12-17-2023), jan31 (12-17-2023), shirlb19 (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 04:16 AM   #73  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 949 Likes on 339 Posts

Wishing you all a happy 3. Advent.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by gutsport56:
annsforte3 (12-17-2023), jan31 (12-17-2023), shirlb19 (12-17-2023), smadson (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 11:23 AM   #74  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,000 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Thank you, Dagmar. It is beautiful. Yes, thinking about Gracie! Have fun with your family, Catherine.

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 04:50 PM   #75  
Proud Fan Club Member

Beautiful picture Dagmar! Glad your dh is feeling a little better!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-17-2023), jan31 (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 05:06 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, thinking of you and hoping you are not in a lot of pain. Big hugs!

Catherine, so glad your family is all together for the holidays!

Dagmar, so love the picture!

Hello to all! Off to get organized for a week of baking some things and all the family coming here for Christmas Eve!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (12-17-2023), shirlb19 (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 08:03 AM   #77  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! DD1 made it home safely and we promptly stayed up talking instead of being smart and going to bed. On our way home from the airport, we drove through the neighborhood where we used to live to see the house down the street from us that always decorated so much for most holidays. That also meant we drove by our old house too. We had our church Christmas party Saturday night and DD1 and I sang a duet of Silver Bells for it using my mom's vintage sheet music which has a prelude part to it that people never hear these days. In fact, for a lot of her vintage Christmas sheet music there is a prelude part which DD2 just learned last Friday.

Kathy, sorry I posted about Excel and then disappeared. I had a lot of house cleaning and cooking to do last Friday! I would think that you can search for anything in Excel - including a partial word. Just control F and then search so, if you searched for the word ear, you would get all the entries that include ear but you would also get any words that include ear in them like search.

I hope Gracie is doing well post surgery.

Jan, what I have liked about using Evernote is that I have a photo of the item in there besides the product name and tag words to find it.

Dagmar, beautiful photo and glad to hear your DH is doing better.

I still haven't made my A card and here I'll need a B card soon. I have been busy working on the little paper snow hat treat boxes for DD1's former co-workers. Yesterday, DD1 made the first kind of cookies for our cookie gift to our neighbors and I worked on the treat boxes. This one is more complicated than what I usually do for them. DD2 had a mid shift at work (much to her chagrin) and when she got home, she should have gone straight to bed but didn't so both DD2 and DD1 did some of the assembly steps for the snow hats. I hope to finish them today and deliver them tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-18-2023), shirlb19 (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 08:18 AM   #78  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, so happy to hear your family is together again!

I'm off to maybe start some baking but power went out already with the high winds today so I am debating on whether to start or not!

Have a good day all!!
Reply With Quote Likes
shirlb19 (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 09:42 AM   #79  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Good morning! DD1 made it home safely and we promptly stayed up talking instead of being smart and going to bed. On our way home from the airport, we drove through the neighborhood where we used to live to see the house down the street from us that always decorated so much for most holidays. That also meant we drove by our old house too. We had our church Christmas party Saturday night and DD1 and I sang a duet of Silver Bells for it using my mom's vintage sheet music which has a prelude part to it that people never hear these days. In fact, for a lot of her vintage Christmas sheet music there is a prelude part which DD2 just learned last Friday.

Kathy, sorry I posted about Excel and then disappeared. I had a lot of house cleaning and cooking to do last Friday! I would think that you can search for anything in Excel - including a partial word. Just control F and then search so, if you searched for the word ear, you would get all the entries that include ear but you would also get any words that include ear in them like search.

I hope Gracie is doing well post surgery.

Jan, what I have liked about using Evernote is that I have a photo of the item in there besides the product name and tag words to find it.

Dagmar, beautiful photo and glad to hear your DH is doing better.

I still haven't made my A card and here I'll need a B card soon. I have been busy working on the little paper snow hat treat boxes for DD1's former co-workers. Yesterday, DD1 made the first kind of cookies for our cookie gift to our neighbors and I worked on the treat boxes. This one is more complicated than what I usually do for them. DD2 had a mid shift at work (much to her chagrin) and when she got home, she should have gone straight to bed but didn't so both DD2 and DD1 did some of the assembly steps for the snow hats. I hope to finish them today and deliver them tomorrow.
I wonder if we could insert a picture in a column in excel? I guess I need to take some time and sit down with the computer. I'm on my tablets 24/7. I have two of them so when one battery is nearly dead I turn the other one on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2023, 09:45 AM   #80  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Catherine, so happy to hear your family is together again!

I'm off to maybe start some baking but power went out already with the high winds today so I am debating on whether to start or not!

Have a good day all!!
Anne, we didn't get much wind, but we got 2 1/4" of rain since yesterday! I bought a new ring gauge because my old one was broken. I only put this one out because it was 50° out and I didn't have to worry about it freezing and cracking. DH is going to dump this one and bring it inside for the winter. I just wanted to see how much rain we had so we put it out yesterday before the rain started. We never lost power but DH has fired up the generator and the torpedo heater just to make sure they're good for those season. He ran the snow blower the other day. I told him we're lucky this rain wasn't snow or we'd be under!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-19-2023), jan31 (12-18-2023)