Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-21-2024, 08:41 AM   #601  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Hi all...so many checking in today! Yes, I remember the March snow storms in Wisconsin. I almost booked a flight home, on the spur of the moment, to go to a craft retreat with my sister and friends. It only cost $109 round trip from Phoenix to Minneapolis...then, I looked at the weather prediction and said, "NOPE."

Catherine, I didn't wear roller skates when I was a car hop. We were next to a busy highway. I can just see me rolling out onto the highway! LOL

Jean, my DH had cataracts removed from his eyes in Nov. & Dec. last year! He is so happy and can see wonderfully now. 20/20 vision. I hope you find a good optometrist in LaCrosse. Sorry to hear about Dale. I hope he feels better soon and they find out what's wrong and can fix it easily.

Sharon, did you wear a uniform as an usherette? It's fun to remember those days, isn't it?

Ann, Jean and Melody, I hope the snow is light and disappears quickly. Take care!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 02:48 PM   #602  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,993 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Gracie, I wore a maroon, uniform with the gold on the shoulders, gold buttons, etc, and carried a long flashlight! LOL. And I saw Whatever Happened to Baby Jayne about 100 times, and also an EP movie where he sang Return to .sender that many times too. Don’t remember any of the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (03-22-2024), JRHolbrook (03-24-2024), mcschmidty (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 05:29 AM   #603  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good morning. 6 inches overnight and 2 more predicted.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_0865.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (03-22-2024), JRHolbrook (03-24-2024), mcschmidty (03-22-2024), smadson (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 07:05 AM   #604  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Good morning! Today is our anniversary and the day we go rail exploring which is why I'm up early! So, Sharon, you didn't miss saying happy anniversary. I'm excited to go try this ride out, it looks like such fun. It is a crazy time at work for DH so it is extra lovely to have a day off together.

That is a very good price for a haircut, Sharon, and I love that her salon is in her house. Yes, we have Red Robin out here too. Endless french fries sounds tasty and dangerous!

Yes, Gracie, it was probably a good thing you didn't have skates on with that location.

Funny thing about the weather here, in the spring, I usually go outside and find so much pollen everywhere. This year, the first day that happened was the first official day of spring. It was like the plants were just waiting! LOL

Oh, Sharon, that sounds like quite the fancy, spiffy uniform! So cool. Sometimes I think today's casual world is missing out.

That snow looks so pretty, Melody!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (03-22-2024), JRHolbrook (03-24-2024), mcschmidty (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 08:08 AM   #605  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,193 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Morning!

Yes, we got at least 6 inches of snow already! It is pretty, clinging to the trees!

Road looks clear in our subdivision, saw the plow go twice through already, once very early. Nice for the local children, it is spring vacation starting today! LOL no snow day for them!

Thinking of Kathy, and her family, prayers and hugs!

Catherine, again happy anniversary and have a wonderful trip!

Made chicken soup yesterday, and chicken salad, so I'm set for lunch today! Felt I needed soup with the cold weather.

Have a good day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (03-24-2024), mcschmidty (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 11:29 AM   #606  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I'm at my daughter's house, giving the kittens their lunch. 3 times a day. I guess they can't feed them once because one of the cats would probably scarf all the food. When I came for their breakfast, I discovered the cat door to the laundry room where the litter robot is locked itself accidentally. That would have been disastrous.
Dale is feeling a little bit better but not much.
Yes I found an optometrist, the one recommended by my son in law's dad who is an optometrist. I'd go to him but he's too far away.
I didn't get as much snow as Ann did. Maybe 2 at the most. And nothing stuck to the roads or sidewalk.
Happy anniversary, Catherine!!
Ann and I would agree that the uniform we wore at the movie theater was not so great. Sharon, yours sounds fancy.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (03-25-2024), JRHolbrook (03-24-2024), mcschmidty (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 09:45 PM   #607  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Waving hello to all!
It's been a long week! Up late 2 nights. One was reading a book, the other was talking to a niece who is having a rough time.

Catherine-Happy Anniversary!

Wow Sharon- that is an amazing price for a haircut!

Gracie- I cannot imagine you on roller skates- even a younger version of you! Well, I can but think it would not be a great idea! We used to roller skate alot in high school at a rink- loved it!

Jean- glad you did not get mounds of snow as family is away! That is alot of visits to feed kitties! Hope all goes well with new eye doc. And, hope dale gets great care with his heart issues!

We have been talking about a new car for months, and Ray is obsessed with Tesla's... my brother has a Tesla and a Rivian truck- another EV..... I like a hybrid, but Ray is not happy with that, so kept making appt's to test drive a Tesla. He will have a charger put in the garage- electrician here today. There was a $7500 rebate this month, so that made it more affordable. I will be the primary driver- it takes electric charge if you drive in rain to turn on the windshield wipers! This will be a huge learning curve.

Heading out of town with Katie on her Spring Break this coming week- leaving Sunday. We are sharing a suitcase- I have no clue how to pack! I'll have to figure it out!

Just finished a ATC waterfall card swap- so made 12 of them. I carved 3 butterflies and the word fly..... When I create, I usually only make one of each card, so interesting to cut and make numerous of the same...!

Reading loke crazy too- Loved Frozen River, and read The Women in the last couple of days. My book club chose one of my recommendations for next month- Good Night Irene- I loved it- another war women book! It's amazing how we forget how far women we so suppressed in the past- as Jean noted she could not even get a loan for a car when she graduated college!

Off to bed soon!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (03-25-2024), JRHolbrook (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 07:08 AM   #608  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello all,
Happy Palm Sunday to you all! Just feels too early to be talking Holy Week. But it isn't.
Cat sitting is going ok. My daughter's neighbor took a few of the feedings this weekend so I didn't need to go over three times a day. I've had to pick up cat puke a few times. Not sure they're out of sorts or what. Hard to tell with cats. Mac isn't eating everything but he's the only one who hasn't been sick. Cat puke....ick.
We're under a long term winter weather advisory. An inch or so fell over night, nothing at this moment but we should get a little more. Then rain, maybe making things icy. Gotta love spring in WI. Weather advisory goes through tomorrow into Tuesday.
Not much else to report. I think one of Dale's issues that I wish he would change is that he drinks coffee with caffeine all day long. And he doesn't drink much water. He had a massive headache this week because he didn't feel well enough to drink coffee. Big surprise there. I think he's dehydrating himself more than he realizes. He isn't a very healthy eater, lots of processed food, no veg or fruit except salad greens. His favorite food is prime rib. I wonder if his heart doctors know that. Ah well, can't force someone to change their eating and drinking habits. He will have his echo week after the coming one.
Did I mention to you all that I'm reading a book called Ice? Not about the Ice that arrests illegals, but the ice we put into drinks and freeze into ice rinks. Being a northerner, I never really knew how little people to the south had access to ice, didn't really think of it. One tidbit that I learned is that, during Prohibition, Pabst Brewing in Milwaukee turned to cheese making, another WI favorite. When Prohibition ended, Pabst sold their cheese business to a company called Kraft. I think we can blame Pabst for the Kraft singles, which are terrible. I'm learnng a lot of history about how ice became so popular. I love ice and cold things.
Have a good Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (03-25-2024), JRHolbrook (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 12:16 PM   #609  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope you had a Happy Anniversary Catherine! Can't wait to hear about the bike ride.

Shelly, have a great vacation with Katie! I have a Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2010. I love the car and the gas mileage is awesome! I never plug it in because of the gas back up. It gets average 35 miles to the gallon. Shelly, I actually ice skated and went to the roller rink to skate. It was fun!

Jean, boy you would have had a mess to clean up if the laundry room stayed locked! Glad you found an eye doctor. We even had snow here last night, but today it's all melted.

Sharon, I'm sure you looked great in your usherette uniform.

Ann, yum...chicken soup...so yummy when it's cold outside. March snowstorms! Yuck

Melody, pretty photo, but I'm sure you'd rather see sunshine! It will melt soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 04:57 AM   #610  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning everyone!

The snows are melting today and tomorrow as we are getting rain now for the next two days!
I am hoping to see some green!! White stuff be gone!!

I used to roller skate too, but spraining my right ankle three times with broken bone chips has made those type of activities not good for me anymore!

Shelly, have a good time with your daughter, can't wait to see pictures!

Jean, wow, three times a day to take care of the cats, that is a lot of running! Glad you averted a mess!

Have a great day everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 06:24 AM   #611  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning everyone...weather report is similar to Ann's. We didn't get much snow, even though it snowed hard yesterday afternoon. I just saw a brief moment of sun and blue sky but now it's getting darker. Rain must be coming. I didn't have to do much shoveling, just wanted to get some snow off so if it turned cold, it wouldn't become ice. No shoveling needed on the front walk. Northern WI got as much as a foot of snow.
I heard a bird this morning I have never heard before. I described the sound to my brother but he had no clue. I get frustrated when I can't name a bird. It flew too high to see colors but it was a larger bird. I found a site with bird sightings here in LaCrosse and songs but haven't come upon this very distinctive sound.
Well this morning with the cats was interesting. First of all, the light on the litter robot was off. I pulled out the tray, unplugged then replugged, light still off. I texted my daughter about it. She called to say that they must have had a brief power outage and she had an app on her phone to turn it back on. If I hadn't looked at it, it probably wouldn't been functioning. Another mess averted. Amazing that she could reset it from Florida! Then I let the cats out on the side porch so they could go into the catio or just look out the window but I never saw Mac go out. I looked all over the house, no Mac. Even went out to the catio, didn't see him. He must have been in the tunnel. Herding cats is an accurate term. Finally I saw him, had to grab all the cats to get them back in the house so I could go home. Silly boys. No puke this morning. Yeah I'm not loving the three times a day. Might as well be dog sitting.
Anyone heard from Kathy? Hope all is improving.
Gracie, the saga of your knee is crazy.
Catherine, how was the bike ride?
Shelly, hope to see some pictures of your trip. Where in the world is Shelly????
Guess that's it, not much new since yesterday. Have an excellent day!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 08:09 AM   #612  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,754 Likes on 1,869 Posts

Jean, Kathy's son is home. He was on heavy pain medication that messed with his head, so the body is getting rid of the medication. She chatted about it in the prayer thread. She also had to put a cat down while her son was in the hospital. She has been stressed with all that has been going on.

I think we went to Kansas today with our weather. It is very windy. I am not sure what the actual wind reading is, but it is easily heard inside the house. I walked to the mailbox when it died down but it picked up before I got back inside the garage. Very dreary today with no sunshine and expecting rain tomorrow. Wednesday is supposed to clear and sunny. It has been crazy weather all year, it seems.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (03-28-2024), JRHolbrook (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 08:25 AM   #613  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Happy Monday...I'm trying to convince myself. We had a lovely rain storm over the weekend, at times it was pouring down. DH went up to the snow with a friend and they went hiking in the snow on Saturday afternoon. I was content to stay home.

The bike ride on Friday was so much fun! We rode out four miles, stopped and had a break (they encouraged us to bring snacks for the time at the turn around point). While we were supposed to be enjoying the view and our snacks, the staff were busy turning all the bikes for the four mile ride back. When the person in the seat with the brake control would start pedaling, the electric motor would kick in to assist so it wasn't much of a workout for riding. They told us the tandem bikes weigh around 450 lbs by themselves and the quads are 700 something lbs so they are heavy. The staff are very good at what they do - we had three road crossings and they are very efficient at handling those. I highly recommend this activity. And the weather was perfect for our ride and everything looks so green. I'm so glad we got married in the spring. I am attaching some photos. One of the CA poppies on the hillside (that is what the yellow is in the photo), one of the staff working on turning all the bikes, and the last is of the view at the turn around point - so pretty and green. Next month or so, it will be back to brown. We were the first customer bike in the row (staff are in the first and last bikes for each ride) and, honestly, it often felt like we were the only ones out there due to twists and turns. We also went over a bridge. And, on our way out, there were some cows that decided they wanted to cross the train tracks between us and the staff bike ahead of us. That was kind of fun. When we reached the halfway point it was too soon! Very fun outing.

Then we went to Sutter Creek and poked around their shops. Sutter Creek is a little town in Gold Rush country. DH bought a miniature flute for me - it even came with its own stand and instrument case! And we had lunch at Sutter Greek - very tasty. We headed home along old highway 49 all through gold country going through Placerville, and Coloma (where the gold discovery was first made by John Marshall). Such a fun day.

Jean, cat puke...fun. At least when we find it here, we know where it came from having just one cat. As for the app to control the litter robot, that is one of the things that DD2 loves about it! I can't imagine feeding the cats three times a day though. Wesley gets breakfast at 8:00 am and dinner at 8:00 pm. She doesn't eat all her breakfast first thing in the morning though, so it is available to her all day long.

Yikes to Dale drinking coffee all day long and little water. Coffee also aids in dehydration. I hope the echo is helpful.

Safe travels, Shelly. You are sharing a suitcase? That should be interesting, I'm sure you got it figured out.

I love our Camry hybrid. We weren't looking for a hybrid when we bought it, it was just what was available. We bought it used and have replaced the batteries in it twice which is expensive but it has mostly been maintenance free and has over 350,000 miles on it.

I see a fair amount of Rivians out here - unique head and tail lights. And, of course, a ton of Teslas. I'm a little concerned with charging an electric car in my garage as there have been batteries combusting and then burning the house but I understand that is rare. Out here, electricity is so expensive that I'm not sure it is a savings!

Ann, I shared CA's green in my photos for you.

There goes my alarm, chat with you later!
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_3701.jpg   Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_3702.jpg   Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_3705.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (03-28-2024), JRHolbrook (03-25-2024), smadson (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 09:02 AM   #614  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the update on Kathy, Lisa. Thinking of Kathy and her son. Hope he is soon back to his healthy self! So sorry to hear about having to put her cat down.

Catherine, that bike trip on the rail tracks looks amazing! I'm glad you had such a wonderful anniversary celebration and a new flute, too! Yay!

Jean, I hope you hear that bird again and can find out what kind it is. Maybe it is a migrating bird heading home. Yes, I agree, the saga of my knee is crazy and not good kind of crazy. It could be worse. I'm seeing another Dr. April 10th.

Ann, get rid of that snow and bring on the sunshine!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-28-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 08:00 AM   #615  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It looks sunny and bright outside, I'm sending sunshine to those of you who don't have it currently. We do have more rain in the forecast - yay! DD2 had another super early day at work - 3 am - so I didn't really see her yesterday. DH had to deal with several hours without water yesterday while the water agency did an emergency repair - that took longer than anticipated. Our water agency recently sold or merged or something with another, bigger agency. I think our infrastructure is older and is requiring more repairs than, perhaps, anticipated.

Lisa, I hope the wind is gone from your area.

Gracie, yes, a miniature flute, not one to play though. It is fun to have the mini with the flute stand though.

Is the April 10th visit to see if they can do something about the difference in length of your legs? I think I told you that my uncle - years ago - had both of his knees replaced and he was a couple inches taller after the surgeries because he had been so bow-legged before the knee replacements. I sure hope they can figure something out to help you. Sorry this has been such a challenge.

Kathy, continued thoughts and prayers for your son and you.

Shirl, continued prayers for you as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 08:30 AM   #616  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

The wind dies down and then the rain started. It hit wind gusts of 45 mph. Today it is cloudy with more rain possibly. It feels like winter, around 40 degrees.

I have my idea for O, so now need to create it.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 08:35 AM   #617  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I would welcome some sunshine! We've had lots of snow and rain mix! Cloudy again today. I hope the repair takes care of any water issues. It's a real struggle to be without water. I'm getting a second opinion on what can be done for my one inch leg length difference. One option is to have my other knee replaced, which "may" help correct the difference in lengths. I have severe arthritis in that knee, also, but was hoping to avoid another knee replacement. However, even with a heel lift in my shoe, the length difference has caused me lots of hip pain, especially at night. I sure miss hiking and walking the dogs! It could be worse though...at least I can walk.

I've been sewing a lot and making cards again. It sure feels good to accomplish something each day.

Enjoy your Tuesday ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2024, 09:18 AM   #618  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi ladies. It's raining here again today. But the good news is all the white stuff is gone. We have daffodils up, but not blooming yet.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (03-28-2024), JRHolbrook (03-26-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 08:07 AM   #619  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had a lovely rainy day yesterday. We may get more rain today though it doesn't look like it at the moment.

Yesterday morning, I was getting ready for work like I usually do when DH let me know that he was coming down the hill with me and needed to be at his office building at 10 am! Yikes! Suddenly, I was high gear getting everything done so we could get out the door early and get him to the building in time. We made it....though I didn't have a chance to check in here because of that.

It's been quiet on here, hope everyone is doing OK.

Lisa, I'm glad the wind died down. I love rain, not a fan of the wind.

Gracie, I hope they have some good solutions for you. I'm sorry this has been such a pain for you.

Melody, we've had blooming daffodils here for weeks now. I guess they are a flower the deer don't eat because we get to keep enjoying them here. I love daffodils and tulips, so pretty!

DH is off to central CA today for a one day trip, he'll be back tomorrow evening and then he leaves on Monday, back on Wednesday night and we both leave Thursday morning for my aunt's graveside service.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 08:21 AM   #620  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Our little Kiki had surgery yesterday, poor pup is looking stoned! Our other huskies came through being spayed with no issues, Kiki is so out of it and crying. Gave her pain medication last night, she is crying today too. She can't seem to rest with the cone on her head, pacing which is not good either.

Our other huskies came home from the vet after their surgery and we had to stop them from beating each other up, you would have never known they were just fixed. Differences in dogs just like humans on pain tolerance.

So no Easter celebration here with family, due to pup needing to be watched, will seem strange with no company.

My daylilies are coming up just a few inches now, we took out all of the rest of the flowers and plants from the yard. Needed less maintenance on the acre and a half yard. More grass to cut but less areas that need weeding!

Thinking of you and your family, Kathy, hope your son is improving! What a scare. My heart was with you as it made me think of my number three sons heart attack a few years ago now.

Off to get laundry done and kitchen cleaned up! Son is watching Kiki right now, he took a day of vacation to help take care of her.

Have a great day everyone, sun is at least shinning here!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 08:27 AM   #621  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean is putting on her teacher hat and informing Catherine that the word for someone who loves rain is a pluviophile. Pluvia is Latin for rain. -phile comes from the Greek philos meaning dear, beloved.
There you go.
Not much new today. I did my last kitty duty this morning. The neighbor will take care of the rest of the day. Yesterday Mac was insistently wanting me to pet him but he kept writhing around and every once in while, nipping my hand. Why didn't he just sit there and let me pet him? Because he's young and silly. Last I heard from my daughter they were in southern IL, about 8 hours left to drive. Not sure if they've headed out or not. I'm going to go to the store and get them some food, since the cupboard is bare. I've been enjoying their Jura coffee every morning. It's a fancy machine that makes coffee with crema at the top. Yum. I also need to ask forgiveness because I couldn't help myself, I opened up the package of Girl Scout Caramel Delite cookies. I haven't had one of those in years.
Finally got at the teapotter tickle this morning. I loved Gracie's challenge because it was a challenge...wasn't sure I knew what to do, needed some time to think. I'm happy with what I did.
Sunny today but cold...34 degrees. Looks like it's going to rain on Clare's birthday Sunday. Rats. Not sure what we're doing for her birthday. This is the second time it's fallen on Easter. She'll be 13!!!!!!!! My little hobbit.
Anyone watch Silent Witness on Britbox? I'm kind of obsessed. It can be a little intense and scary but I love the forensic evidence team. I'd also like to recommend The Last Repair Shop, which won the Oscar for short documentary. I watched it on Disney +. One of the producers is from Green Bay and is a UWM grad like me. It's about a music repair shop in LA that helps keep the instruments in the LA school in repair. It's quite sweet and proof that music can save lives.
Have a good Thursday!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (03-28-2024), JRHolbrook (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 04:32 PM   #622  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

This morning DH & I went to the library for a special cooking demonstration from a local Hawaiian Restaurant. They made Shoyu Chicken, Carrot Pineapple slaw, and rice. Then we each got a serving. Very good. We've been to the restaurant. Once we ate in and the 2nd time with picked up food.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (03-30-2024), JRHolbrook (03-28-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 10:35 AM   #623  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, everyone! We are enjoying another drizzly day this morning, so lovely out there! DH left yesterday afternoon for his long drive down to San Luis Obispo...such a long drive! And he is coming back this evening or late tonight, not sure which he decided to do. And then back down again on Monday morning. Lots of driving for him.

DD2 came down the hill after her shift at Michaels. DH came to the church to see both of us before he headed out. Then DD2 and I went to do some shopping for her VBS supplies and then she went with me to do the grocery shopping. Since it was just the two of us, we went out for Thai food. I told her to choose, she narrowed it down to Thai. We have three Thai restaurants down the hill that we like - well, I have three, DD2 only had two and I chose the one she wasn't such a fan of - only because she hasn't gone to that one much. She was a little disappointed when I chose that one - but was very happy and now is a fan of three Thai places too. So tasty! And she tried something new and absolutely loved it.

Ann, I hope Kiki is doing better today. Poor thing! I remember when Honey had surgery and how hard that was for her. Hopefully, Kiki will bounce back quickly. How long does she have to wear the cone?

Jean, as rain lovers we are definitely acquainted with that word though I had never investigated the breakdown of the word.

That Girl Scout cookie package you opened sounds like the flavor that most tempts me. I know everyone loves the thin mints - and I like them too - but the caramel delites (is this the same as the cookie they used to call samoas?) are my first choice. Of course, I love caramel!

Melody, that sounds like a fun thing to go to at the library. I have never seen anything like that happening at our library, that would be fun to attend.

Well, I'd better get to the house cleaning, chat with you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (03-30-2024), JRHolbrook (03-29-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 05:20 AM   #624  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I have been in our Alpha Gallery. I have to say I love seeing where everyone is going for our location around. This is one of my favorite rounds; I know I have said that about other rounds! I just think that the Alpha challenge has a lot of variety! Thanks Ann for keeping it going and for all you do!
Have a great Easter, everyone!
Hugs to all my Alpha Sisters.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (03-30-2024), JRHolbrook (03-30-2024), lovinpaper (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 05:24 AM   #625  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree, Sharon. I was looking the O destinations and was reading them aloud to my husband. He like to hear where everyone picked. This is my favorite challenge to participate in. I had no idea how much I would enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (03-30-2024), JRHolbrook (03-30-2024), smadson (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 05:56 AM   #626  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, it has been a very creative, fun challenge this round! Thank you Annette and Ann. If I remember correctly, Annette came up with the "location" theme. It sure leaves room for lots of interpretation! Lisa, I'm glad you joined the Alphas and are enjoying the challenges! I need to take more time to look at the gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (03-30-2024), smadson (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 09:11 AM   #627  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It sure has been a fun round, and I am remembering when Annette came up with it!! Memories!!

It sure has been a fun round! Keeps are minds sharp and I love finding and looking at new places!

Kiki has been in some pain, so we have given her pain pills to help her through it. She is still crying once in a while now. She seems to be healing well, no sign of infection. It's been tough on my youngest son, who she bonded with from the very beginning. I call him her mammadaddy! She doesn't want him to leave her sight!

Lisa, so glad you have joined our group too and glad you are having fun with the challenges!

Happy Easter weekend to all of my Alpha Sisters!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (03-30-2024), smadson (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 09:50 PM   #628  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone! Happy Easter tomorrow. I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful weekend. DH got home this morning between 5 and 6 am. I was sound asleep when he came in. Thankful he made it safely. Now he has to drive back down there early Monday morning. I definitely stayed up way too late last night though.

Yes, this has definitely been a fun round - but then, they all are! Thank you, Ann, for all you do to keep this challenge going and thank you, Annette, for the locations idea. Very fun!

I'm also glad you joined this challenge, Lisa.

Poor Kiki, I'm glad she is healing well...it just takes time.

Again, Happy Easter everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 04:29 AM   #629  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,917 Likes on 2,185 Posts

Just a note of warning. I had a private message from someone who is brand new. She's looking for financial help. I've reported the post but thought I'd give you a heads up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 04:57 AM   #630  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I just had a spam PM, too, Kathy! I am glad you reported it. I didn’t know how, so started a thread in the tech area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 05:01 AM   #631  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I received the Spam also. This person must have done a mass mailing to our user-ids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 05:20 AM   #632  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I also got a spam & wasn't sure what to do with it, so I forwarded it to Lydia, figuring she would know & take appropriate action.
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 05:23 AM   #633  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

The person has been banned. Lydia responded to my thread I started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 05:37 AM   #634  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I didn't receive one....maybe by then she or he had been banned
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 06:04 AM   #635  
Proud Fan Club Member

At the top of the message there's a little asterisk type star. You click on that to report. It gives you a message box so you can say why youre reporting it.
ETA: it's on the far right

Last edited by muscrat; 03-31-2024 at 06:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 06:20 AM   #636  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Was there a user name? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 06:21 AM   #637  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes. It was revchris1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2024, 07:18 AM   #638  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
At the top of the message there's a little asterisk type star. You click on that to report. It gives you a message box so you can say why youre reporting it.
Thank you, Kathy. I never knew that was there. I simply deleted the message this morning then saw the thread where Lydia said she banned the person. I was surprised a new person would know how to PM people on the site. I had been here for a long time before I learned how to do that kind of thing, but then I am not a spammer.
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 07:34 AM   #639  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Thank you for that info, Kathy. I also received a message from revchris1. Glad to know the account has been banned.

On a brighter note, Happy Easter!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 07:54 AM   #640  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter with family and good food.
My Clare Bear is 13 today. I am not any older so I don't know how this happened. I love her so much, she is delightful. So sweet, so lovely, outside and inside. She had some fun with a friend yesterday, pottery painting and lunch out. Last night we had a spaghetti dinner, her request, and the prettiest cupcakes. They looked like hydrangea flower, lovely light not too sweet frosting. Today will be a breakfast with just the four of them (scott is doing his crazy 12 hour shifts this weekend), an Easter egg hunt with the neighbors and then dinner at the neighbor's house. Funny thing, last Easter I was with my family up north and we had a Thanksgiving dinner on Easter. Judy had a turkey in the freezer she wanted to use. Tonight, we are having a turkey dinner at the neighbors. I guess turkey has replaced ham.
I did something quite awesome yesterday. I went to my first pow wow at the LaCrosse center. Most pow wows are outside but this one was in a large event venue. Some arts and crafts, lots of drumming, beautiful costuming, quite overwhelming and stunning. I love the drumming but the venue is huge and I started to get a headache. It wasn't overwhelmingly loud but there were 16 drum groups, each having their chance in the spotlight. I didn't even stay for the competition dances but there was a lot of dancing and singing and pageantry. One surprising thing is how they always begin a pow wow honoring veterans. Many native Americans served even when they were not considered citizens. There was quite a bit of talk yesterday (they always have an emcee) about how lands were taken away from them. The Ho-Chunk nation has only been considered a nation since March 19, 1963. That's when their constitution was realized. LaCrosse is on Ho-Chunk land. I would never have been able to attend a pow wow in SE WI; Menomonee Falls is on Indian lands. Maybe the Potawotomi casino in Milwaukee but I've never heard of it and I don't like to go to casinos. Well, let's face it, all of the land in this country is Indian land. This land wasn't discovered by Europeans, Indians discovered the Europeans on these shores.
Well enough of that. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-31-2024)