Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-26-2024, 05:15 PM   #361  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,770 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Thank you!
Did you see pm email you? if so, delete it. I need to email the ABC addresses I delete mind by mistake. Thanks for the birthday card too. Linda
Linda, I saw your note and responded to you. I selected that card especially for you since it had a verse on it. I hope you have or had a wonderful birthday!
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 01:43 PM   #362  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,167 Likes on 500 Posts

Thanks Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 04:35 PM   #363  
Stazon Splitcoast

[size=13px]Catherine thank you for the fun card and lovely paper too. Linda[/size]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2024, 05:38 PM   #364  
Stazon Splitcoast

[size=13px]Jayne Thank[/size] you for the pretty birthday card. And lovely paper too. It was nice thinking of me. Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 07:40 AM   #365  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

I've fallen behind And have no ambition to catch up or keep up. We've had a major issue come up and I just can't focus to get creative. I'll pop on to chat as I can, but I think I'll skip this round in creating. I did make a few cards for the round.

This morning DH was going to the hardware store to get parts to fix mom's plumbing issue. As he drove past the house below us, an Amish guy flagged him down and asked for a ride out the road. His horse got away! By the time they got out the road, someone had already caught the horse and all was well! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-29-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 08:05 AM   #366  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,292 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Good morning! It has been a busy and relaxed weekend at the same time. Not sure how that works? Friday, DD2 and I cleaned the house and I did my usual couple of loads of laundry. Then we just hung out and enjoyed spending time together. One of these days, we'll have to try making gnocchi together as we both want to try making it from scratch.

I got a couple of projects done or started over the weekend too. I have been meaning to really clean the outside of my kitchen cupboards for some time and wipe them down with wood polish. I got all the bases done and started on the upper cabinets. Thankfully, DH was in the kitchen when I was doing that because my step stool started sliding all over the floor and I would have gone down if he hadn't been there to catch me!

DH and I also spent some time working on our room which has never been very nice in this house. That is where things end up when they don't have a home. I still want to paint in there too.

DD2 had a three day weekend so it was nice to have more time to hang out with her too.

Jean, I finally got to play at the TLC challenge you had a couple of weeks ago, the 4 for 1 background magic. I finished the four cards last night around midnight so haven't taken photos or uploaded yet. It was fun, thanks for the fun challenge!

Lisa, your stenciled quilt patterns look great. Good for you for sticking with it. When I went to look at the stencil on Altenew, I couldn't figure out how they made the pattern that is on the bottom right of your photo. That is why I asked if there was more than one stencil in the package.

Jan, with the summer heat that we have here, I am always on the look out for ways to cook food that doesn't heat the house up. I really need to get more adventurous with the grill since it is outdoors. We have a Ninja foodie which does some of the cooking functions without heating things up too much.

Your story about the shorts with the Spanish all bundled up made me smile. To this day, I don't wear a heavy coat here in what passes for winter. DD1 has experienced some real cold out in TN and now understands what I mean about it not getting really cold here. Does it freeze? Sometimes but not often and where I grew up, it would go below zero so 32 degrees is much warmer than that.

Yesterday, it was low 70s here which, at this time of year, just felt hot.

You are welcome, Linda!

Kathy, I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with a major issue. Praying it resolves in a positive way. And thankful the Amish man's horse was caught without harm.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-29-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 08:32 AM   #367  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Catherine, it sounds like you had a productive and FUN weekend. It's so nice to spend time with family. My DH has kept up with the vacuuming since my knee replacement, but it definitely needs a good cleaning. Oh well, maybe next month. I'm trying to learn patience and to pace myself. LOL

Kathy​​​​​​, I'm so sorry you've had a "ma​for issue" come up. I'm sure we all understand. I haven't started this round either. Sometimes life does get in the way, but that's OK. None of us are super human. Take care and know that we are always here for you.

I had a rough night last night, but I'm hoping to get into my craft room today. I hope everyone's week goes well. HUGS to all.

Oh, those Altenew quilt squares turned out beautifully, Lisa!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-29-2024), lovinpaper (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 09:22 AM   #368  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Gracie. I have placed them with the stencils for something to refer back to. Now, I need to create some to use.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 09:25 PM   #369  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Gracie you’ve made some lovely pages for the MM challenge, you have been busy. It’s always a challenge for me if I can’t clean as Steve has good intentions but he’s better at cooking LOL

Kathy so sorry to hear you are dealing with major issues, just take care of yourself.

Catherine we’ve had snow here once, years ago, lasted five minutes haha but very odd to see palm trees with snow on them, they have frost sometimes in the campo but we never do here, it’s really only cold here when we have a north wind, mind you it’s the same in SF, we leave our sons house in sweaters and get to SF and it’s hot, they live in the foggy side but our son prefers the cooler weather..

Steve went to make a doctors appointment yesterday and she said he could be seen in half an hour, quite a shock as there’s been three weeks waiting recently , that turned into two hours as the silly receptionist gave him his slip and then cancelled it so eventually he asked the doctor why he hadn’t been called he realised what had happened, also they’ve changed his doctor since he went a month ago ! We won’t complain though as we didn’t like our new lady doctor!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 05:40 AM   #370  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,764 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Happy Tuesday, everyone! We saw the sun yesterday! It was glorious. Today we're back to the usual clouds. I get notices about when the ISS goes over, I have yet to see it this winter, too cloudy.
I went to the library to return some books and browse a bit and I overheated wearing my coat. Took it off for the rest of my errands, which was only going to Menards for some lightbulbs. I had trouble finding the right lightbulbs so needed help. The bulbs screw into the ceiling, the old bulb said 16W, which I couldn't find at all. Turns out that I need 65W but it isn't that high of a wattage in real life. When I got home to try to put a new bulb in, I couldn't fit the bulb and my hand into the opening to be able to screw it in. Liz took the old bulb out for me but it was sticking out far enough that she could grasp and unscrew it. I'll have to ask for help. Good grief, how many 71 year olds are needed to screw in a lightbulb??
I think we have solved the issue of hot water in the kitchen. Liz and the girls came for supper on Saturday night, Liz did a few dishes and now understands exactly what the problem is. I have explained it a bunch of times but I guess if you don't experience it, you don't know and I think Scott heard what he wanted to hear. I think it's just the faucet. Months ago, I said to him, 'do you think it could just be the faucet?' He was thinking about other things at the time. After Saturday night, the button for regular flow stopped working, it will only spray, which is ok since that is the only way I get hot water. It's a pressure issue, I think. So a new faucet has been ordered. I am tired of being sprayed all over with hot water and my glasses fogging up. The dishwasher is working great, as long as I really slam the door shut tight. The latch is iffy.
And, by the way, I haven't had to scrape ice out of the exhaust vent since it got warmer. I sure hope we don't get dumped with snow and extreme cold late in winter.
Tomorrow I'm going to do an SU card making thing at the rec dept. I thought it would be a good way to meet some people but it's a come as you like event, so who knows who will be there? I'm not that crazy about SU but it is a way to meet people.
I mentioned the library earlier. I really like the place, it's very active, not stuffy like the library at home. But there are a couple of things that are so different. They mix the mysteries in with fiction and I'm used to a separate mystery section. Not sure I love that but it's ok. The other interesting thing is that the library is popular for those who have no home. I try to greet them, at least say hello but the longer I was there, the more aware I was of the smells, mostly cigarette smoke. It was quite overwhelming. I feel so badly for the homeless population here, never have experienced that much. I lived a very sheltered life in my little village.
I have been thinking about joining the library friends, volunteering there, but I went downstairs to the book sale, manned by ladies older than I am and I don't know if I can deal with bossy older volunteers who think their way of doing things is the only way. I heard a bit of that in the 5 minutes I was there. That's what it was like at the historical society in Menomonee Falls and I don't have a high tolerance for that.
This coming weekend is when Joe and Leah are going to try to come again for our Christmas. I guess they're thinking of just coming for the day on Saturday. I wish they'd stay the night. Joe apparently was on call for jury duty yesterday but wasn't chosen. I don't know if he's done with his obligation or not. I used to get called rather often in my old county and I know plenty of people who have never been called.
Our sunsets are getting later and later and I'm so thankful for that.
See you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 01-30-2024, 05:44 AM   #371  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, thinking of you as you figure out what's going on. I'm sorry for whatever it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2024, 05:50 AM   #372  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean my Mum and Dad loved the Library, it was the first time they encountered a computer as they could list the books they had read, Dad went onto a computer course too. I’m also surprised that anyone is allowed to smoke, in Spain that wouldn’t surprise me but in America! Your water system sounds complicated but maybe it’s clear to everyone else, we have a gas heater in what I call my utility room

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2024, 05:59 AM   #373  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean I like to watch for the ISS too. I especially like watching for meteor showers but I have yet to find one that is really active.
as for lightbulbs, they are so confusing and I have to spend a half hour in the lightbulb aisle figuring out what I need. We mostly get the equivalent of 60 watts but it's only like 9 watt in power usage.
I tended the church library years ago. I have no clue how the dewey system works, even though my niece is a school librarian! My system was alphabetically with authors grouped together. Apparently they didn't mind my system. No one complained.
as for SU. I'm about 99% SU in crafting stuff. I've bought other cardstock and dsp and ended up giving it away. I love color coordination and the quality.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 06:03 AM   #374  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, my Grandpa Meyer was instrumental in the building of the library in Menomonee Falls. He was on the library board for many years and his name is on several plaques in the library. The original building also housed the police and fire dept. Now it's a restaurant but the plaque is still there with his name on. I'm very proud of being his granddaughter.
They're not smoking in the library, it's that they are smoking on the streets and they reek of smoke. I've seen the tent city where some of them live, so sad. It's especially sad that when they have any money, it goes for addictions like cigarettes. Such a vicious circle.
Gracie, I hope you get to create something, therapy for the brain. I'm sorry you had a rough night.
Catherine, Tennessee certainly gets their share of bad weather. I have friends in Hendersonville, which is a suburb of Nashville and they are always posting that they're safe from whatever weather thing came through. As far as your cleaning, it feels so good, doesn't it? I cleaned the tops of my cabinets a bit ago, even though no one could see, including me, how bad they were, I felt so good knowing that from now on, it will be my dirt and grease and whatever up there. Aaaaaannnnnddd thanks for playing in my TLC, I love the colors. wonderful job!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 06:15 AM   #375  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a lot of SU. My Mom was 90% SU and I have 75% of her craft room along with what I already had. It will be 5 years in April since she passed and I haven't made a dent in the cardstock from her. I think there are 3 reams of River Rock. It is not a color that I know what to do with. Many of her older pads are not usable anymore, at least to me. I do not like the older SU pads that are not foam. However, I can't bring myself to just do a huge purge.

I use a lot of Lawn Fawn and Gina K Designs ink pads. I have the full rainbow between the two and used to match these colors to SU for color challenges. With the new SU color line, it has been harder to match.

So, I have purchased several new SU ink pads over the last 5 years. At first I was trying to complete a usable collection in each color family. Since it changed so much this year, I just added two so far. Hopefully I will be able to get the markers next month with the set that adds the newest collection colors.

I never go to the library where we live. I do have a library card and use the digital apps to check out books. I like that feature.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 01-30-2024, 06:22 AM   #376  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I like being in the library but I do get books through the site. I don't do audio or Kindle, just books I can hold in my hands. I have four bookcases full of books. I bought some books yesterday at the book sale and also usually find something on the free books stand. It's an obsession. Grandpa was a book collector so it's in the DNA.
If you want to sell the river rock, I'd buy it. I like that color. I don't use much colored cardstock, just neutrals for the most part.
My Mom died in 2016, my younger brother a few months before her. 2016 was not a good year for my family. One never gets over missing their Mom.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 06:51 AM   #377  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jan and Sharon for commenting on my MM pages. It was a way for me to get my mojo back. Waiting 2 hours for a Dr., that's awful. I'm glad Steve got an appointment with a different Dr.

Jean, I love going to the library. All those books in one place! My dad took us to the children's library every Saturday. He loved to read and always had a stack of books on our kitchen counter. The librarian would even call him when a new book came in that she thought he'd like! I hope you get your new kitchen faucet soon and everything works well. I don't care for audio books. I think it's because I'm too easily distracted when trying to listen.

SU cardstock is very nice and I love the color coordination of papers, markers and ink pads. I have so many stamps and supplies, after owning a stamp store for a few years, I'm thinking of having a big sale this coming summer. I'll never be able to use everything in my lifetime!

Lisa, I love Gina K's ink pads. I have a whole set of the cubes and few bigger in pads.

My knee is finally starting to not hurt 24/7! I'm going to actually make some cards today! I can only craft so long before it starts to swell and hurt, but I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 07:14 AM   #378  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I did go to your gallery, Gracie, commented on my favorite one...the one with the big arm and hand. So cool. Glad the hurting 24/7 is diminishing. A high school friend had a knee replacement in October or November, can't remember which month and she is in Florida right now on vacation. I'm guessing she's doing well. And I think I'm easily distracted too. I try to listen to podcasts, I can't do that and work on anything at the same time.
I'm sure my Grandpa got calls from bookstores, stamp and coin stores and card shops about things he might like. I doubt he ever took out a book from the library as time went on...he liked to own books. But maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I can't picture him at the library, going down the aisles. maybe they called him too.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 07:18 AM   #379  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for your comment, too, Jean! We'll have to make a plan to get together when i'm back in Wisconsin this summer. A bit of crafting and a visit to the library!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-30-2024), jkanack (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 07:33 AM   #380  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 07:41 AM   #381  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,197 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Morning!

Kathy, no worries about making cards for this round! It's people before paper! Take care of yourself and your family and do what you have to do! You know we love you just chatting with all of us!
How is your mom and sisters?

Gracie, so happy to hear that things are getting a bit better for you with the pain. Dealing with constant pain is no fun!

Jean, we had a bit of sun yesterday too! Sure was wonderful to see! It's back to gloom today! Today is the first day the sunset will be after 5 P.M.!! We are heading in the right direction!

Library, I use online to research otherwise I have my Kindle. I have a few special books but no room for a big collection. I do like to hold a book!

Catherine, it is funny to hear about people that are so used to the warm weather when it gets colder! My parents always went down to Florida for a few weeks in February, they would be in shorts and swimsuits by the pool and the Floridians in coats! LOL!
So nice you have time with your daughter! That is wonderful!

Jean, yes always miss my mother, she's been gone since 1984. You were lucky you had her as long as you did. Sorry, I always tell people that since my mother died so young, only 56 years old.

Off to get laundry started and hopefully think of something for the tea potters exchange!

Reminder, it's another week of the letter "G" for the alphabet challenge! Silly me forgetting a week!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 07:51 AM   #382  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

When my daughters each turned 6 they wanted their own library card. I took them each week for books, videos, programs, etc. We loved going to the library and the used book sales. We own a lot of books. My older daughter, age 29, still prefers physical books. She wants to hold them in her hands and turn the pages. My younger daughter, age 24, prefers audio. She is dyslexic and struggles with physical books. We moved and this city has a library, but it is in a location we rarely visit. I do not feel that safe there and parking is difficult. So I read more on my Kindle. I can also enlarge the font, which I need. When I was diagnosed with MS, it had hit my optic nerve. I have been a big reader and this really messed with me. So, we purchased a Kindle Paperwhite where I control the letter size and the lighting. My eyes are fine, but I am preferring the larger print.

Oh, my older has discovered reading digital comic books on her Kindle. She realized she can check these out and not have to purchase them. She has a large comic book collection also.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 01-30-2024, 08:21 AM   #383  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! For those of you who are dealing with gloomy days, your sunshine is here though, starting tomorrow according to the weather guessers, we have a week of rain. DD2 will be so happy!

I was productive again last night. I finally got the laminator out to make some storage pockets for stamp sets that have been floating around. I had been working on the project but put everything away and hadn't gotten back to it. I stayed up too late working on it because once I have the laminator hot, I want to laminate everything that needs it! I still have to trim the laminated cards but progress!

Libraries - I love them though I haven't gone much since the pandemic. I was using my Kindle with free books that I could get but then my Kindle (one of the original ones, I think) started acting up so I mostly use the app on my phone. I have gotten connected in the book world so have been doing some advance reader things and writing reviews which is quite fun.

Oops, there goes my alarm, I must run. Will have to respond to chat later.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 08:22 AM   #384  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

I have always loved to read, although some of the required reading in school was just not my thing, especially when you had to do some kind of report on the book. I prefer reading for enjoyment and like a real book in my hands. Reading on a screen bothers my eyes. Until recently, I had not been to the library in years. Took the kids when they were younger. But I used to go to half price books and buy paperbacks on the clearance rack for $1. Then one day they doubled the price, so I stopped getting them. When I was going to my lace guild, for a number of years we were meeting in the Ft. Atkinson library. In the hallway, they had a rack with free books. You bring yours and take what you want. When I was done with them, I'd take them back. A system much like those little free libraries you find around town. But the 2 ladies who lived in Ft. Atkinson have both passed away, so the meeting place changed to a lady's home in Columbus, WI ( a long drive ).

Now I just go to the Waukesha library and get a supply of Regency romance. They have a full wall of romance books (not all Regency though). I started on the A authors, and am now into the C's. I think the first time I brought home 5 books. Now I've been getting 10 or 11. You get 3 weeks till due, and can renew 3 times. What I really like is the library sends a reminder email a couple days before the due date. I usually am not quite finished with them all, so I just renew them all online, and then when I finish, take them all back and restock. The online renewal is wonderful, since you don't have to go out in horrendous weather. The last couple of times, DH dropped me off and went to swim at the Y, which is about 5 minutes away. Then he comes back to pick me up. I can choose my books, check out and just sit and read till he comes. Last time we went mid afternoon and when he came back, the parking lot was a crazy mess. Kids had just gotten out of school and the parents coming to pick them up. Knowing DH, I'm guessing we will not go that time of day again.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-30-2024), jan31 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 09:38 AM   #385  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm odd. I love books. Love the feel of them. Love to buy them but I don't read them! I haven't read any in years. Probably the last one I read was by Mitch Albom or Max Lucado. Mitch has really interesting stories. Max has a way with words that can't be beat! My dad had quite a collection. He loved ordering them, but never read them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 01-30-2024, 10:41 AM   #386  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!

This week again it is the letter "G"!

Keywords: ABC20G7, ABC20, and your personal keyword

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 01:13 PM   #387  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Everyone,

mystery solved on who sent the candy and found the other information. I was looking for to thank you Linda

Last edited by hotwheels; 02-03-2024 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 01:47 PM   #388  
Proud Fan Club Member

It wasn't me, Linda. You know how much I love cherry cordial kisses and I wouldn't have been able to pass those out! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 01-30-2024, 01:56 PM   #389  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, LOL you're the first person I thought of when I first. saw the cherry cordial kisses! Can you send me the ABC Addresses I delete the document by mistake? thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
It wasn't me, Linda. You know how much I love cherry cordial kisses and I wouldn't have been able to pass those out! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 01:59 PM   #390  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAGMAR Her birthday was yesterday!! Sorry to be late, hope you received my card!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-30-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 01:59 PM   #391  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean [size=13px]Bean Thank[/size] you for [size=13px]lovely[/size] [size=13px]birthday[/size] [size=13px]card. I got the mail today. Linda[/size]
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by hotwheels:
jkanack (01-31-2024), JRHolbrook (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 09:58 PM   #392  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have three shelves in my craft room full of books that our eldest used to bring on holiday with him, he always left them for Steve to read, we’ve now started taking them to England and he’s re reading them before leaving them on the station bookshelf, he's always love to read from being young, I always read to them before bed,our eldest knew the words to chicken licken off by heart,his favourite book that we had to buy a second one as he wore it out, he used to stop me if he thought I missed a word out when I was reading it to him even when he couldn’t read, I love reading but Steve not so much nowadays. Our eldest GS always has his nose in a book, middle GS according to the school has the reading ability of a much older child although Ive never seen him with a book in his hand!
Steve’s Mum was blind and we arranged a talking book for her,I used to pick the books out of a catalogue for her to read, it was quite a big tape deck in those days so she had it on her bedside table to listen to it in bed, she loved it as she’d always had problems so never got the chance to enjoy reading.

we've had dreary weather for two days but we did walk along the Paseo yesterday and had breakfast down there, I actually had to fill in some tiles where the grout had come out, of course I mixed too much so did more than I set out to do to use it up!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-31-2024), JRHolbrook (01-31-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 02:11 AM   #393  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 950 Likes on 340 Posts
Heart Thank you

Thank you so much for all the beautiful, beautiful Birthday cards I received.
I really enjoyed it. I sent everyone a pm when they arrived. I hope I did not forget anyone.

Ann, I'm sorry if you didn't get one. Your Card is gorgeous, you are a real watercolor artist.

Sending love and hugs to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by gutsport56:
annsforte3 (01-31-2024), jkanack (01-31-2024), JRHolbrook (01-31-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 02:12 AM   #394  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dagmar, I hope you had a lovely day to celebrate.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-31-2024), JRHolbrook (01-31-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 08:09 AM   #395  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I never made it back here yesterday, too busy of a day. Yesterday was a meeting filled day...yay? Not really, I was so thankful to go home though I had to stop and pick up a lunch bag/box for DD2 as the one she was using wore out, then, finally, home.

I grew up always going to the library, loved going there and eventually volunteered there. Just recently learned that the building I was going to as the library (it has sinced been moved to another building) was supposedly haunted. That made me laugh. I do prefer holding an actual book to using digital books. At one time, I had nine library cards in my purse, 3 for me, 3 for DD1, and 3 for DD2 because we had cards for three library systems that we frequented often. DD1 is a voracious reader and a fast one. DD2 is a reader as well but not as avidly as DD1 and myself. They both prefer actual books in their hands to the electronic version as well and have each started their own personal libraries.

Jan, that was funny to me that you leave your son's house in the Bay Area in sweaters and get to SF and it's hot. In the summer, it is the opposite for us if we go to SF. It is scorching in the Sacramento area and we get to SF and it is chilly! I have to remember to toss in some warmer clothes for when we get to SF.

Jean, light bulbs have changed and become rather complicated. I had to smile at your "how many 71 year olds does it take to change a light bulb" comment. Yay for solving the hot water issue.

SU is where I, like many, got my stamping start. I have quite a collection of SU stamp sets and use their paper and inks. I have definitely branched out to other companies for stamps now too though. How many stamp sets does one person need? I should probably purge but I'm not sure how when it comes to stamps!

Yes, the deep cleaning in the kitchen definitely feels good. Now I need to keep the momentum going!

Lisa, it sounds like your mom collected SU supplies like my friend who recently passed. Her daughter took what she wanted from her mom's collection and invited me to look through the stuff for anything I might want. I picked up some stamp sets that I had wished I purchased. The adhesives that she had stock piled! And she had unopened (still shrink wrapped) Versamark pads - yes, plural. I'm sure I would have found the same in her card stock and designer paper but I declined all paper because I'm trying to use what I have up - especially the dsp. Some of what I have came from her years ago. She had an entire room that her DH had built onto their home just for her card making and scrapbooking hobbies.

Gracie, so happy to read that your knee isn't hurting 24/7 now, yay!

Melody, I love the online services of the libraries too - and the reminder emails. As for owning books, I prefer to let the library own them and I'll borrow them. I do have some books that we've acquired but try to mostly use the library.

Kathy, that is funny that you like to buy books but don't read them! I am definitely a reader and read a little each day whether I have time or not (which means I short change my sleep).

Dagmar! Happy birthday, I hope your day was fabulous!

Well, now that this is an epistle, I'd better close! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (02-01-2024), JRHolbrook (02-01-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 08:30 AM   #396  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

I remember my mom walking us to the library when we were little. It was maybe 1-1/2 miles each way.

In college I worked in the school library for a couple of years. We had an old Underwood typewriter that we used to type up the library cards. Learned how to repair books, catalog them, etc. I loved that job.

After we were married, I spent a number of years as a volunteer in the church library. That was all before computers changed how everything was done.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (02-01-2024), JRHolbrook (02-01-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 07:05 PM   #397  
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAGMAR!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by hotwheels:
annsforte3 (02-01-2024), JRHolbrook (02-01-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 08:03 AM   #398  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning from wet and windy Northern California! It is quiet right now but we got some gusts last night. DD1 texted because she was so happy. Her voice teacher told her she has stylistic range which is awesome. It has taken a few weeks to settle into the rhythm of the new semester but she said she is there now. I got some more organizing done on my stamp sets (these are sets from companies other than SU so I need a good storage system for them). Now I need to get busy organizing the stamp sets I got from my friend. A lot of them are wood mounted and I will unmount them and then need storage pockets for those as well.

Melody, I loved the pre-computer way the library did things. In my little town, if I was choosing a book to check out, the library card for the book was a wealth of information as to who had checked it out previously. Fun stuff with that! Searching for what I want on the library computer is more efficient than looking things up in the card catalog but something about the tactile experience of doing that was fun. I loved the library!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (02-01-2024), jan31 (02-01-2024), JRHolbrook (02-01-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 08:19 AM   #399  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

We have sunshine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a good day!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (02-01-2024), mcschmidty (02-04-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 09:11 AM   #400  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 386 Likes on 215 Posts

HERE ARE MY LETTER F & LETTER G CARDS ~~
LETTER F -

ABC ~ Fairport Harbor by Redbugdriver at Splitcoaststampers
LETTER G -
ABC ~ Georgia by Redbugdriver at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes