Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreywolfView Post
I sent out three birthday cards today - all from my stash.

I need at least one sympathy card, a few get-well-after-surgery cards, and one more birthday. I have a more or less "free" day tomorrow so I hope to do some stamping.
hope you have some stamping time...it's gonna be above 60 degrees here so I'm gonna hop on the bicycle and have some fun....and then maybe stamp...your new avatar is cute....still not used to it though, keep looking for your smiling face....but a busy bee suits you....you are always doing so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #42  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by KsnurseView Post
hope you have some stamping time...it's gonna be above 60 degrees here so I'm gonna hop on the bicycle and have some fun....and then maybe stamp...your new avatar is cute....still not used to it though, keep looking for your smiling face....but a busy bee suits you....you are always doing so much
It was nice here yesterday and would have been good bike weather, but mine is setting in the garage with flat tires. The avatar - Thanks, I like it for VSN, but am not comfortable with it as I feel like I've lost my identity! LOL!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Good morning!

Here's the card I created using a card from my favorites as the inspiration:

Button Button vky by Vickie Y - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got my first card made for January. It is for my friend who is going through chemotherapy.
AOC 2013 #1 by horseygal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

If it wasn't already in an evelope I would try to get a better picture :mrgreen:

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/

Last edited by horseygal; 01-11-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Val and Sheri, you are cyclists? Woohoo. Found cyclists who love stamping! Life is good! We have a short season for it here in Ohio. Lucky you to be in a warmer climate.

I've just posted a masculine card which I won't need for a while. I will have a bunch due in summer so thought I'd get a jump start.
Steampunk

Steampunk Inside

Last edited by stiz2003; 01-11-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #46  
Forum Fanatic

Today would have been the perfect day to hole up in my craft room and make cards all day. But, alas, I had to work. We got over 9 in. of snow between yesterday and this morning. And the temps are starting to really fall. Windchills are below zero. One more day of work this week, then I should be able to play.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #47  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiz2003View Post
Val and Sheri, you are cyclists? Woohoo. Found cyclists who love stamping! Life is good! We have a short season for it here in Ohio. Lucky you to be in a warmer climate.
to bad you don't live closer, we could pack the bikes and meet in the middle for a stampin bikin good time....as long as you're not into the racing bike and spandex style....I ride an ol fashioned sit up and beg bike, baskets, fenders and all....but I have fun...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #48  

Sheri, I'm an old timer and probably the slowest rider you ever met! I can go a long distance at my own pace but I HATE racers. My time and speed don't matter much anymore. What matters to me is have fun-pack a fantastic lunch or eat out- stop for an ice cream- don't miss a garage sale and enjoy life! I will never be Greg Lemond and i'm perfectly ok with that. Have fun and be safe! I'm also the queen of accidents!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #49  

You live in my favorite state of the entire USA. Having pedalled the entire country Montana has my heart. You folks have a hard life the rest of us cannot imagine but you are the friendliest people I have ever met in my entire life. Have fun crafting! I doubt very much I can come through Montana again but it sure did win my heart!

QUOTE=grammatroll;19936968]Today would have been the perfect day to hole up in my craft room and make cards all day. But, alas, I had to work. We got over 9 in. of snow between yesterday and this morning. And the temps are starting to really fall. Windchills are below zero. One more day of work this week, then I should be able to play.[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #50  

Uh, Nancy....I don't do accidents....My top speed is maybe 8-10 mph down hill with a tailwind but I don't care...I love to pedal to the post, the grocery, church, work etc and on days off I love to pack a sandwich, a book and head to the river....to bad it's so low now with our lack of moisture...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #51  

Sheri,
Good for you- I love your style and wish I could ride with you! Just my style. Slow and easy! I have always been the slowest in any group doings. Accidents- well, three were car related, two were just dumb on my part. Never, ever, take a rode bike in the woods! How badly hurt can you be riding with 5 year olds? I managed that. But a few more pieces of metal and I can't break anymore (chuckle). Still love that carefree, I'm a kid again feeling you only get on a bike. By the way, my top speed is 10 on a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #52  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiz2003View Post
You live in my favorite state of the entire USA. Having pedalled the entire country Montana has my heart. You folks have a hard life the rest of us cannot imagine but you are the friendliest people I have ever met in my entire life. Have fun crafting! I doubt very much I can come through Montana again but it sure did win my heart!

QUOTE=grammatroll;19936968]Today would have been the perfect day to hole up in my craft room and make cards all day. But, alas, I had to work. We got over 9 in. of snow between yesterday and this morning. And the temps are starting to really fall. Windchills are below zero. One more day of work this week, then I should be able to play.
[/QUOTE]

What part of MT did you ride through? I'm along the Hi-Line in the northcentral part of the state.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #53  

Debbie, we rode the northern section of Montana, Glacier National and Going to the Sun Highway. How beautiful. Very difficult but so rewarding!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #54  
Forum Fanatic

Then you rode right throug Havre. We get a lot of cyclists through here in the summer. A lot of them stop at the library where I work to use the computers. Isn't Going to the Sun breathtaking?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #55  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 516 Likes on 360 Posts

I haven't been uploading to SCS for too reasons, 1 I let my fan Club Subscription laps and the emails, approvals, moved accepted and blah blah blah make me nuts LOL
2 I kept going over my internet usage with Verizon

But I did this one..
For Samantha by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I've been using some from my stash instead of making new right now! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #56  

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,

Quote:

And we're off!!! Thought I'd get this started a little early as Christmas is sneaking up on me and don't want to get behind.

So for the first challenge:

How many of you have 3 bazillion cards in your favorites that you always mean to CASE? Well, I know I do, so this first challenge is to go to your favorites and CASE a card from there. Don't forget to link us to the card you are CASing. And for you newbies that don't have a favorites file built up yet, how about going to new cards posted today and find something fun.

I have 2 sisters with birthdays in Jan and will try to do a couple for the stash box also. never can have to many b-day cards...
Well here's the one out of 194 Fave's that I chose to CASE
Only to realize I wasn't' paying attention to it enough! LOL
Not enough sky, and I don't have my Dots folder

Jugs53 by Jay_Bee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'll upload mine to my blog right now, then I will get it in my gallery, but that will have wait for approval.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #57  

Debbie,
There are no words on earth to describe that pass! I had the luxury of doing it on two occasions. I'd do it again tomorrow if I could but I'm pretty sure this body would violently object at this point. But yes, Logan's Pass is like no other in this country! It was the single most memorable thing we saw on a long bicycle trip. They say there are only two seasons in Montana, winter and August. We did it the first time on a July 4th. Our sleeveless shirts were a joke when there was still 30 feet of snow up there on the sides of the road!

I do believe we went through Havre. It's on the cross country bike maps which is why you see so many of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Sounds like going over the Pyrenees mountains between France and Spain, even in summer you see cyclists at the bottom in shorts and teeshirts and at the top putting on winter coats.
We took a trip to the picos de Europa, in northern spain, we were on the beach in the morning and dressed for winter at the top in the afternoon, amazing. We obviously aren't as fit as some of you, we drove up in the car !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #59  
Forum Fanatic

At the moment I wouldn't mind being on a beach somewhere. It's cold here. Only 2�F, however, no windchill. And it didn't snow overnight or any time today, so going to work wasn't too bad. My weekend has begun. I probably should start it by taking down my Christmas tree. It just wasn't a priority the last week or two, but I'm sure people are tired at looking at it. Maybe I'll bring the boxes up tonight and work on it in between cardmaking tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

In England we take our trees down on the twelfth night, January 6th but I notice here people still have decorations in their gardens, we've just been out to the stinking rose restaurant for lunch for steves birthday, they decorated a cake when we came home, supposedly in secret until joey called his dad to come into the kitchen to decorate grandads cake, then he blew out the candles! He even helped grandad open his presents this morning, he was so excited. Sadly we fly home next Saturday afternoon but the good news is that they are all coming over for four weeks in summer so that's something to look forward to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #61  
Forum Fanatic

Jan, sounds like you're having a wonderful time with the kids. It's going to be so hard to leave them behind when you go home.

I finally was able to make a card tonight. And I even cleaned up after myself so my desk is ready for the next project. I still need to take a picture of the card so I can upload it. It's also going to be the challenge for the 15th. I should have that posted sometime tomorrow or later today since it's after midnight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #62  

can't wait to see what you come up with....I need to make some more if I can so that I can concentrate on Valentines later....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatrollView Post
At the moment I wouldn't mind being on a beach somewhere. It's cold here. Only 2�F, however, no windchill. And it didn't snow overnight or any time today, so going to work wasn't too bad. My weekend has begun. I probably should start it by taking down my Christmas tree. It just wasn't a priority the last week or two, but I'm sure people are tired at looking at it. Maybe I'll bring the boxes up tonight and work on it in between cardmaking tomorrow.
How I laughed when I read that - about people getting tired of looking at it - because my cousin, who lives in Pond Eddy, NY was married to a woman who had her Christmas tree up for 10 years. She never took it down - (I don't know if she loved Christmas that much or just too lazy to take it down). When I went to visit with her once - I saw the tree (this was in July) and I said to her = "Gee, nothing like being ahead of time !!!" She never answered me -- she just smiled and laughed....she was a little eccentric!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:18 AM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Sherri and all members of S2S club -- I can't tell you how glad I am to have found this challenge - I made up an Excel page for the rewards and credits from the pages I found in the 2012 challenge archives -- and I have two more cards made for my stash which I will upload later today. (I might just get organized yet !!) Thanks to you all !! Now I just have to figure how to add the amounts to my signature line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

If I had the room, I'd keep my tree up all the time, but decorate it for different holidays. I know someone who has a small tree in her guest bedroom and has it decorated with angels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #66  

Default Woo whoo It's warmer here!

Quote:

It's 3 F

Hey! How'd you get the degrees thingy!?!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #67  

Default Funny!

Quote:

If I had the room, I'd keep my tree up all the time, but decorate it for different holidays. I know someone who has a small tree in her guest bedroom and has it decorated with angels.
My mother has one that is about 2' tall, fiber optic so the ends of each branch change colors She decorates it different every month. Easter is Cute. the rest to me seems just too much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #68  

It rained here late afternoon Thursday and Stopped Saturday morning, then snowed, and WOW that wind! I thought it was going to take the roof off!

It is so slippery out walking to the mailbox is scary! I have a path through the woods tot he road, so I can stay off the driveway. its awful I drove out once to run to town got to the road and the car slid for about 20' so i said NOPE stayin home!

I make cards during the day, then I get to feeling like I'm being lazy so I quit, then when I come back the lighting has gotten too gloomy for me to be crafty.

I hate winter! the lighting is so different in here. I took over this room cuz it has a 72" window on 3 walls,.

Well got another one done for Sheri's challenge..CASE a fave. it's on my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #69  
Forum Fanatic

Vikki Jo, to get the degree thingy while holding down the alt key type 0176.

I finally got my decorations and tree put away. Got a call earlier from a coworker. While she was helping my boss with cleaning out cupboards today, Betty (boss) was using a stool to help her get off the floor, slipped and landed on her ankle. The coworker had to call the ambulance because there was no way she could help Betty get up. Had to run to the library to pick up Betty's dog. Then I had to pick up Betty from the ER once they were done with her. She just sprained the ankle. Now she's trying to walk on crutches in all of this snow. It sure has been a challenging day. She only lives 4 blocks from me so I told her if she needed help with anything she is to call me. I really doubt she will, though. She's been living on her own for so many years and doesn't like having to ask for help. I live with someone like that. It's a good thing she has a couple books to read.

Now I'm going to try to take a picture of the card I made last night so I can get the next challenge posted. Hopefully make at least one more card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #70  
Forum Fanatic

OK, ladies, I'm ready withe the January 15 challenge. Are there any SCS tutorials you've been meaning to try but never got around to doing it? For me the list keeps getting bigger. Your challenge is to choose on of the tutorials. Be sure to tell us what your chose and give us a link to that tutorial. I chose to do the Flip Down Stack card. It's similar to the waterfall, but IMHO much easier to do. I also challenged myself to use something I haven't used for more than 6 months, which for me, were the Cuttlebug dies I've had for several years but never seem to remember I have them. DH's niece will be 25 the end of this month and has been collecting rubber duckies for years, so had to include the duckies. This was a fun card to make and allowed me to use up some of my scraps. Would you believe I still have a few usable scraps of the Summer Sun? Just not ready to give it up yet.

Allyssa 2013 stack closed by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Allyssa 2013 stack open by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Allyssa 2013 inside by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #71  
Crimping Master

What else is there to do when there is 8 inches of new snow and the high for the day is minus 6? Make cards! I just made these for some challenges on the boards. I'll send one to my son, who went back to college today. (sniff..)
Missing You
Flaky Christmas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

I sure hope the cold weather you are having in Montana and Idaho is coming east to us! We've had record high temperatures this weekend. 53 degrees yesterday, 48 degrees today. Can you imagine that the temperature this morning was higher here than it was in Austin, Texas? It was only 41 there at 8:30 a.m. The snowman I built last Sunday has all melted away...boo, hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #73  
Forum Fanatic

Ina, I'd be very happy to send you some of this cold weather. You'd love all the snow we have. Thanks for the comments on my card. I normally don't finish off the inside other than to stamp a verse, but the flip down stack card is so long, the sentiment looked so lonely. Of course, I just had to find a home for the extra duckie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Oops, pushed the reply button before I finished. Great going ladies, in getting some cards done. Glad you tried the flip down stack card Debbie. So sorry your day got highjacked, but it's good you were around to help out.
Vikki Jo, I love the cards you finished, especially the 'Lovely as a tree' card. I'm going to CASE that one someday!
Dianne, I love your cards too....left love!
I also finished a couple of cards, but one is a teapot Tuesday card for this coming week, so I won't post it until then. The other is using the faux cloisonn� technique that is on last week's S2S13B challenge. I will get it posted in the morning. I've fallen in love with that technique all over again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #75  
Forum Fanatic

I hate it when I do that, Ina. I'm working on a quilt card now. Trying a new pattern. I'm using grid paper and a liquid glue and I still got it a bit crooked. Must be time to get new glasses. Hopefully it won't look too bad once I trim it down and mat it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #76  

great challenge Debbie....I could make my whole yrs worth of cards with just that one...there are so many tutorials I've been wanting to try....Is it ok if they aren't tutorials "by" SCS but posted by gals here with links to their blogs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #77  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Sounds like going over the Pyrenees mountains between France and Spain, even in summer you see cyclists at the bottom in shorts and teeshirts and at the top putting on winter coats.
We took a trip to the picos de Europa, in northern spain, we were on the beach in the morning and dressed for winter at the top in the afternoon, amazing. We obviously aren't as fit as some of you, we drove up in the car !!
Jan, I did chuckle about the fitness. No we are not fit. Determined might be a better word. I think you may be the wiser one for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #78  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

great challenge Debbie....I could make my whole yrs worth of cards with just that one...there are so many tutorials I've been wanting to try....Is it ok if they aren't tutorials "by" SCS but posted by gals here with links to their blogs?
That'll work, too, Sheri. There's so many tutorials I want to try, but always get sidetracked when I fall in love with a certain one and forget I want to try something new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm really going to have my work cut out catching up with you all next week, I have a card to make for a friend, I bought the die of a plane to make his card, looks like all masculine cards this year will be very similar to get my money's worth out of buying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #80  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is my second one for the month. One for the stash. Happy Birthday AOCC2013 by must love cats - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes