Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2023, 07:57 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,291 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Good morning! The birds are singing and it looks sunshiny outside. I got home late last night because I was helping DD2 with VBS and then we ran VBS errands. You are all looking forward to photos, we are looking forward to it being over! Like the guy said in the video, "Thank goodness it's Thursday, over half-way, what? It's Monday?!"

DD1 knew the guy in the video, she loves his channel on Youtube. And now that she has gone to school in TN, she gets the southern jokes he makes.

Tonight I get a break from VBS prep because I have board meeting.

Shelly, you are just an on the go lady! And Annette is coming for a visit? How fun is that, I'm excited for both of you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
JRHolbrook (06-13-2023), mcschmidty (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 08:08 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Forgot to sub to the new thread. Will catch up on chat later.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by AnnetteMac:
Old 06-13-2023, 08:11 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,764 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Very funny video, Kathy. I helped with VBS a long time ago when my kids were young. We usually did kind of a 'back in the day in Bethlehem' theme... or maybe it was Jerusalem. Don't remember. I usually did music.
Hope your recovery is going swell, Kathy.
We're getting rain, hallelujah.
I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to get rid of things I love. I have two Mr. Peanut jars, a nice coffee grinder, some art, lovely books, kills me.
See you on the flip side.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 06-13-2023, 01:28 PM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Catherine, board meeting doesn't sound like much of a break.

Good soaking rain most of the day today. I got to drive in it. I drove to Ft. Atkinson (an hour away) to the house of a lady who was in my bobbin lace guild. She passed away about 2 years ago, and her son is going through all her craft stuff trying to give it to people who will use it. I was on his list especially because I was the only one from our group that went to the funeral.

There's a cute little romance there. He recently turned 70 and has been single all his life, but recently met a lady who lost her husband a year ago and they are getting married next month. I met her today and thought she was really sweet. Glad for them. I took a loaf of peach bread as a thank you for the stuff and also gave them a wedding card, which they loved and thought was really sweet. I came home with 3 bags of stuff - more than I should have. They were trying so hard to get rid of stuff. I think she slipped some things in my bag when I wasn't looking. LOL
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
jan31 (06-13-2023), JRHolbrook (06-13-2023), mcschmidty (06-13-2023), muscrat (06-13-2023), shirlb19 (06-14-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 11:18 PM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies,
Melody- that is so wonderful for you to meet up with the kids and keep the lace making going! SO nice of you to bring peach bread- yummy!

Catherine- so fun - please post pics of VBS

Jean- {Hugs}to you with your destashing! Not an easy job!

I am heading out to Ohio tomorrow, I will stop in No Ky and meet with some old friends there for dinner, then to a letterboxing event : ) I will also plant a dragonfly letterbox - an ode to the dragonfly foundation for pediatric cancer- my nephew and family (brother #1) are dragonflies- nephew had Wilms tumor at age 5 (Kidney cancer) and he is doing well today. He was on a billboard in Cinci when he was 5!!! What a stressful time for our family!

Linda- for SVG's- just google free SVG's- there are so many available!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2023, 06:59 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,197 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Reminder!!

Today's letter is B and the color is blue!!

Keywords: ABC19, ABC19B2 and your personal keyword!!

Have fun with this color!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 08:08 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is warming up here - which is to be expected.

Melody, you are right, board meeting isn't much of a break, especially since I'm the one who is responsible for minutes! I only got to see both girls for about 10 minutes yesterday because they both left early in the morning for work, I got home late from work due to a situation there, and was only home for about 30 minutes before heading down to board meeting early because DH needed to buy some plywood for the lunar lander and needed to do it before board meeting as he will be working on it today after work. The only vehicle we have to handle that is the van so....we couldn't just take the van today because neither girl can drive the stick shift yet....It's almost over....right?!

I hope we are able to bring DD2's vision to life. It has been more difficult for her this year because, as replenishment manager, she is basically working full time. Last year, she had more time away from work.

Jean, if you lived closer, I would buy your coffee grinder if you were willing to part with it. I know nothing about them but need to acquire one. It is definitely hard to part with things you love, I don't envy you but am looking forward to it being so nice when you are moved.

Melody, that is so cute that your friend's son is getting married, I hope that he can adjust to married life after being single all those years!

Shelly, you really are an on the go lady! I'm not sure I could keep up with you. So thankful that your nephew is doing well now.

Ann, I made my card with blue but didn't like part of it so I took that part apart and haven't come up with my solution yet! I just want to take a nap!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (06-14-2023), JRHolbrook (06-15-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 11:37 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 386 Likes on 215 Posts

My letter B --
SC/ABC ~ Faith by Redbugdriver at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2023, 04:13 PM   #49  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Hi all,

Catherine a lot of fires were started by lightning strikes. And of course some are human related, sigh.......Ha, maybe you will be moving to Victoria one day!

Garage sale was great and no rain and not too hot. Just love those garage sales!

Hilarious video Kathy!

Melody I don't think I have ever heard of peach bread. Sounds yummy though.

I bought a bag of pitted prunes at Costco last week. Looked up some recipes and today I made an Old Fashioned Prune cake recipe form The Southern Lady Cooks. Bought a can of whipped cream yesterday so will use that on it. Hope it turns out good. Dh said it smelled good when he walked in the door.

Our temps are much cooler and some rain off and on at the moment. Way up north they are still wondering about the homes in Tumbler Ridge. Most residents are evacuated still. Firefighters are doing there best to protect it all.

Jean I feel your pain having to get rid of things you love!

Shelly -you and Annette are meeting up? Fun!

Tried to like some posts but the site is wonky again and wouldn't do it.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (06-15-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 04:42 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, the recipe was actually for apricot bread, which I made using canned apricots, which I cut into smaller pieces, so I thought why wouldn't canned peaches work as well, and I had a can of diced peaches, so I used those. Drained the juice off first.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
JRHolbrook (06-15-2023), shirlb19 (06-15-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 09:38 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Busy here getting ready for the American invasion next week, we’ve been painting as we had a new electrical socket put in the spare bedroom, of course as soon as I had the paint brush in my hand I saw other bits that needed touching up, skirtings mainly, in the end Steve had to stop me looking for more!

had my hair cut yesterday and then the dentist rang to ask if we’d like to go today instead of Monday as they had a cancellation, just a checkup and clean but I think I need a tooth out so not looking forward to going, saves going on Monday as Steve has his bloods at 8.30 ..

I'm enjoying the new colour challenge although many are green , not a colour I love but I’ve already finished a few so I wont get too far behind as the next five weeks will be busy.

Jean I feel for you parting with things you love, Im hopeless at parting with things, hope aren’t overdoing it.

you all made me hungry reading about cakes, peach and plum sound delicious.

Catherine I’m looking forward to seeing the finished scene

Shelly safe travels, your trips sound exhausting but fun , keep safe.

You would get on with our DIL, she loves to travel, they’ve already been to Cuba, they are all in NY at the moment but go to Berlin and Prague before coming here and then after Spain they go to England and then Iceland before heading home!

Better get ready, hopefully we will get our walk after the dentist, we were planning on having lunch out but depends how it goes at the dentist as last time he took my wisdom tooth out there and then!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (06-15-2023), JRHolbrook (06-15-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 06:21 AM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Shelly, you are one busy lady! How awful to have cancer at 5 years old, but I'm sure glad your nephew is doing well now. One of these days I'm going to have to read about "letterboxing." I have no idea what that is.

Yay, Jan, getting ready for your family's visit. Don't work too hard. It will be fun for all of you whether everything you'd like done gets done or not.

Catherine, you are a busy girl, too. I'm glad you have both daughters home for the summer, even though all of you sound very busy. It's great that you save time to be together!

Jean, I keep thinking of you and your big move. It reminds me of Kandie having to move after her DH passed away. It's so hard to downsize! Take care.

Speaking of Kandie, has anyone heard from her?

Kathy, how's your recovery going? I hope you are doing well.

Hi Shirl, Sharon, Melody, Ann, Annette, Jayne, Dagmar and all the Alpha sisters!

Leaving to go and spend time with my mom today. Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (06-15-2023), mcschmidty (06-21-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 06:30 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning all!

Glad you enjoying this round, Jan! We have to thank Liz for it! I only added in a few minor additions!
Hope you get your walk in!

Gracie, enjoy your day with your mom!

It's overcast today here due to the fires in Canada, air quality alert.

I did hear from Kandie, she is busy with her quilling and is feeling better after the long Covid haul.
She loves her ground floor apartment! Send her a card to know you are thinking of her if you can.

Kathy, I hope you are doing well! Thinking of you!

Hugs to all to have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (06-15-2023), mcschmidty (06-21-2023), shirlb19 (06-15-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 07:59 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Nothing new to report here other than VBS, VBS, VBS...and that isn't new! Last night, DH and a friend worked LATE on the lunar lander. I was so glad he invited a friend to work on it with him. He didn't get home until almost 11 pm and he normally goes to bed at 9 pm. But he is feeling better about the lander and that is the important thing.

Today, DD2 has a short shift and then she and DD1 are coming down to start work on the moonscape stage set up.

Shirl, lightning is always a concern around here as well. Unfortunately though, I'd say more of our fires are arsonist starts than anything else. I feel for the people who are still evacuated, it is so hard to wait and wonder and the firefighters are amazing.

Jan, yay for the upcoming visit, what fun you'll have and no one will see the spots that still need touching up (if any still exist!). That sounds like quite the trip your family is having, how fabulous.

You don't love green?!

Gracie, once VBS is over and done with, we'll all have a lot more time on our hands...only 5 days until it starts then we just need to make it to Friday!

Enjoy your mom!

Ann, so glad to hear that Kandie is feeling better. Thanks for the update! I still haven't gotten back to my "blue" card, or done any other card crafting either.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (06-15-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), mcschmidty (06-21-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 01:22 PM   #55  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I also noticed that there were a lot of greens in that list, and I'm not a green lover. I think that's why I'm having a hard time making that A card. LOL

Although I've been making ice cream quite often, it's been awhile since I made lemon, so that was done today. Sooooo yummy.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (06-21-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 01:26 PM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

For those colors you do not like just add a touch of that color! No one said the entire card needed to be a certain color, as long as you do use the color of the week in some form! No challenge police here!
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (06-17-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 09:07 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann that’s what I’ve done, as long as it has that colour on the card ,although aim not sure if the colours will be totally accurate as some of them might be hard to replicate, I had to Google some of the colours!
I tried mixing two colours to get Eggplant but it’s a strange colour to match exactly.

well had an excruciating half an hour at the dentist, my fault for not going since covid but good news is that he says there’s nothing wrong with my tooth, bad news is that it’s the bones in my gums that are deteriorating and will get worse which cause my gums to get inflamed, oh joy, Steve has to go today for a filling.
we met anEnglish lady there, her first time, she was amazed at how cheap it is in Spain, she also asked if we could meet up for a coffee when she comes over on holidays , I gave her my phone number but then we realised it will be next January before we are both in Spain at the same time, strangely she lives in Faversham, half an hours drive from our son, she has a shop, I asked her if it was a craft shop!!! Unfortunately not but she makes jewellery and other arty stuff.

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), mcschmidty (06-21-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 08:25 AM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is my "work at home" day to do housework. We'll see if I have the energy to do it! I also brought home some stuff to do for VBS cutting some things out for the decor for DD2. All the rest of the family will be down at the church working on it in place after they get off of their shifts today. This means that I am without wheels until probably 6:30 or 7 pm. Good thing I don't need to go anywhere!

Ann, I was going to suggest that about the colors. My card I made for blue (that I still have to fix) actually has more lavender in it than blue, I think, really only because I went with a lavender card base color though.

Lemon ice cream sounds delicious, Melody. I love lemon.

Jan, how fun to meet someone who lives close to your son in England. Too bad on the craft shop though!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), mcschmidty (06-21-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 10:37 AM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I for one am thrilled about all the green in the color challenge...right, Catherine??!!! But I get it, not for everyone.
I hope I'm getting down to the nitty gritty of purging and packing. I was feeling a little anxious and antsy about the whole thing earlier in the week, I'm a bit calmer. I'm so ready to get going but there are some things that I can't pack yet. Just went through my utensil drawers, purged some stuff and washed them out. Amazing how dirty those drawers can get. Food, crumbs, etc.
I've figured out that I feel better about letting things go if I give them to someone I know. Not a lot of stuff, just one special thing. I had a couple of Lladro figurines that were gifts from my ex husband, I gave them to a couple of friends. I tried to sell them, they are worthless. I'm giving some art supplies and kids books to the lady upstairs. I'm sure her grandkids have plenty of stuff but she said they love what I've given them. Catherine, the coffee grinder is a vintage one, with the crank on top and a little drawer. I'll take a pic. If anyone wants it, I'll send it if you pay shipping. I'm going to have minimal display room in this house, not that that's stopping me from keeping some things. I like to rotate. My sister seems to take most anything that is family oriented. But she also wants back an old camera that I think she gave me long ago. They have a beautiful modern camera, capable of taking great pictures, I'm not sure why she wants that camera back. I think I'm going to stop asking if she wants things back. i'll either keep or give away. I'd rather she not give me things if she wants them back, feels kind of weird.
We're pretty overcast here and I did think I smelled smoke. According to Annette, there are 400 wildfires in Canada. And it's June.
Well, I've taken a break, should get back to work. I hope I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a freight train. Have a good weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), shirlb19 (06-16-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 10:47 AM   #60  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot a few things:
First of all, thanks for all the encouragement on this journey I'm on. I'm quite excited.
Melody, I'd sure enjoy that lemon ice cream.
Gracie, you are a good daughter to see your mom so much.
Speaking of the dentist, I had two appointments in early August that I was able to get in early. It's a load off my mind that I don't need to find a dentist and pulmonologist quickly. As I told a few of you, I had to pay the sleep doctor $35 for him to tell me and ask me the same things he does every year. My insurance will not cover supplies if I don't see him once a year. The dentist appointment was one of the worst ones I ever had. She said I had all this tartar between my teeth on the bottom left. I always have more trouble there, hard for me to floss, but she must as well have used a chizzle and hammer and crawled into my mouth. And i have not missed any appointments, I know I will pay a huge price if I do that. So I feel your pain, Jan. I'm so pleased for you that family time is coming soon.
Hoping VBS goes well, Catherine. too much work for it not to.
I think that's it. Hi to everyone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), jan31 (06-16-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), shirlb19 (06-16-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 10:48 AM   #61  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I knew I didn't spell chisel right but couldn't think of what it was. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), jan31 (06-16-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), shirlb19 (06-16-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 01:14 PM   #62  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, I guess there are a lot of greens, but I am a green lover.

Jan your "new friend" sounds fun. Sorry to hear about the teeth issue. Or, rather the bone issue.

Catherine, the VBS sounds like it is going to be amazing!!

Jean I was thinking that exactly-to give the things you love to people you know!

I have arthritis in my left wrist but the last two days it is really hurting when I go to turn things or pick up things. Glad it is not both wrists.

We are power washing our deck on Sunday. A neighbour lent us his power washer. I think we both need to take lots of tylenol first, lol....

Melody how long have you had an ice cream maker? I have always thought of buying one.

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 06-16-2023 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 02:33 PM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, I asked for the ice cream maker 2, maybe 3 years ago on my wish list from DH and the kids. They are really good at getting the things I ask for. I think DS is the one that bought it. He tends to go for the higher priced items. It usually takes me a while before I use a new kitchen appliance, because I have to figure out how it works, but this one is really easy. The instruction book comes with a number of recipes for ice cream, frozen yogurt, and other frozen stuff, but there are also a lot of recipes on line.

If you want to make ice cream without the machine, there are also recipes for that. Check out 'An Italian in my kitchen'. No churn chocolate ice cream. She has a ton of recipes for everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), shirlb19 (06-17-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 08:07 PM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just for fun:
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-ocd-neighbor.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), jan31 (06-16-2023), jkanack (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023), shirlb19 (06-17-2023), smadson (06-17-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 09:36 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean the dentist was painful but not the price, check ups are free, cost £90 in England, also the CT scan, the gadget that goes around your head to take X-rays is also free, in england £300, my clean for half an hour was €60 and also Steve’s filling was €60, our son, DIL are having an appointment when they come over next month as it’s so cheap, they are also lovely people, all speak English and super friendly, we actually know Danni who owns it and his BIL, Steve used to meet him for a coffee to speak English with him when we first started going there, Danni now travels the world doing specialised ops and lectures so we don’t see him any more.

Shirl we have that problem, too much work and our knees suffer and my shoulders, haha getting old, when we first came here we were working all day with no problems, well it was twenty years ago! Doesn’t help as it was 29c yesterday so too hot to be cleaning garden furniture!

Melody wish we lived closer as Ihave a drawer full of lemons, they are falling off the tree as they are last years , also strawberries, we can’t eat them quick enough. I’m slicing the lemons and freezing them in the hope they get used in drinks.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2023, 09:57 PM   #66  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, last year we were given a bag of lemons. A couple of them were overly ripe and had to be tossed, but I knew I couldn't use them fast enough, so the rest I wrapped individually in plastic wrap and froze them all whole. That way I could pull just a couple from the freezer and use them for juice. I think most of them ended up in ice cream. The recipe uses 1/2 cup of lemon juice, so they were put to good use.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), jan31 (06-17-2023), JRHolbrook (06-17-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 10:50 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Melody I didn’t realise you could freeze them while I thought they would go mushy
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-19-2023)
Old 06-17-2023, 04:23 PM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, I'm not sure they would be good for anything but juice. After being frozen, they didn't work for lemon zest. Tried that. I'm not sure if you could do the zest first and then freeze it, if it would be usable or not, but they for sure could be used for juice. That's what I did with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 06-17-2023, 04:57 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody that door would drive me crazy! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), jan31 (06-17-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 02:51 PM   #70  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

Today was a better day. I still had pain but I was moving much easier and only needed to lay down once. I decided to put sneakers on this morning. I've been barefoot almost the entire time I've been home because I hate shoes. But I thought maybe putting them on might help and it either did help or it was a coincidence that I had a better day. I just got a shower and that always makes me feel better.

Wendy's strawberry salads are back and I've had 3 already!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), jan31 (06-18-2023), JRHolbrook (06-19-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 04:35 AM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, glad your pain was lessened, hope that is a trend that continues. Now that it's over, how would you say the reality compares to your imagination? I hope less stressful.
Melody, what model of ice cream maker do you have? Since I'm crazy about the stuff, I think I should start making it myself.
Jan, I'll be interested to see if I get a bill for the circle xrays. Dentist only does them every five years, I don't get billed for cleaning or regular xrays any longer so we'll see. I'm also keen to find out how my new insurance will cover stuff. Because Wisconsin is a county by county Medicare state, I can keep a Medicare Advantage plus plan but it will be through a different company. My son in law and daughter have the same company and Scott works at the hospital that I think I'll go with. One plus is that the hospital is very close to where I'll live, whereas the hospital I would have to go to here is a ways away. We have a hospital in MF but it isn't the system I'm part of. Healthcare is complicated here.
I know Spain must be beautiful but I don't think I could stand the heat.
Shirl, power washing completed?
Catherine, is this VBS week?
I spent part of Father's Day with several fathers as my friend invited me to a cookout at her house with her family. I guess I'm adopted into the family. I've known them all for years so it felt very nice. I meant to drive to the cemetery after the picnic, I'll go today.
Today's purging job is my linen closet in the bathroom. It's been very handy and I won't have anything like that at the new house. It's quite tall so I can fit lots in it, actually I don't keep linens in it, vitamins, bath products, that kind of thing. I'll have to come up with a plan for how to store that stuff. I'm hoping I can get rid of a fair amount.
Update on the house: ordered windows have arrived, the hardwood floors are being redone slowly, they hired people to paint since their work schedules make it difficult to do that, not sure where the bathroom is at, last I heard it was stripped of everything. Yikes, I kind of need that soon. I'm not worried, really I'm not. I don't have much control over it anyway.
Have a good Monday, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-19-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 04:53 AM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean we have a linen closet in the ensuite bathroom,I had so much stuff I had to buy a plastic storage container for the old ones, I keep them for painting, covering up doing jobs but I need spare for family visits! I have a box in the bottom of the cupboard that I keep hair products etc, I’m gradually using them up, soaps I’ve had for years I’ve been using instead of buying liquid soap, started in lockdown and I still have too many!

sounds like the new house is moving on, how lovely that it will all be fresh and clean when you move in.

Steve had his bloods this morning, we’ve justbeen to collect his new blood thinners schedule and he has an appointment with the nurse for all bloods, ECG etc, pity it’s next Monday when the family are here but since the cardiologist discharged him he hasn’t had any done so it’s a good thing, hopefully! The nurse is not always pleasant but he said she shouted him into her room to tell him about the appointment and was very friendly, even called him Stephen, haha

Kathy good news that you’re improving.

we walked along the Paseo this morning and the stone seats dotted along have been painted, I will try to post a picture as they look lovely, we saw a young man further on hand painting one with a huge shell, very artistic.

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-19-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 04:54 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hopefully it will come out
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-img_6192.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-19-2023), lacyquilter (06-19-2023), smadson (06-19-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 06:02 AM   #74  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jan, that is really cool painting on the seat! I could not take the heat either by you, our air is now on and probably on for the summer. Asthma makes it hard to breathe otherwise!

Jean, sounds like you are getting so much done and items purged! At least you have time!

Gotta run lots to do today!! Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-19-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 07:20 AM   #75  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay, Kathy, I'm glad you are feeling better. One day at a time! Yum...strawberry salads!

Jean, how exciting. New windows, redone floors and painting...it sounds like your new home is moving right along. I'm glad you had a good day with friends Sunday. I'm sure, if your anything like me, you'll have lots you can purge in your linen closet. It's amazing how much we accumulate. Out of sight, out of mind.

Jan, the stone bench looks wonderful. How cool that someone is painting them. It's too bad that Steve's appointment had to be when your family is there next week. Hopefully, it doesn't take long and all the results are good.

Catherine, VBS week? I'm sure you all are very busy!

Ann, I'm with you...lots to do today. I'm going to my mother's tomorrow and then, I have one of my yearly craft retreats from Wednesday to Sunday. Then, next Sunday spending the day with my son, DIL, 3 granddaughters at my mother's. This week is going to fly by!

Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (06-19-2023), shirlb19 (06-20-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 08:18 AM   #76  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, power washing is done and my wrist wasn't bothering me as much yesterday. Today another company is coming to clean the outside of bedroom windows and outside of balcony glass for the whole complex. We got up early to take out the screens and a/c. Not sure what time they are starting today.

Jean do you know your moving date and new address?

Gracie fun to have a 5 day crafting retreat!

They are calling our weather Jun-uary because it is quite cool. I would rather have it than the heat!

Wow Jan, those benches look amazing! The lockdown was good for using what we had!

Kathy glad you are feeling better. Have you never liked wearing shoes? For me, I don't like going barefoot, lol......

Hi Ann and hugs to all!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by shirlb19:
jan31 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-19-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 02:16 PM   #77  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

I have always hated wearing shoes. Yesterday was better during the day but I had a horrible painful time getting to sleep last night. Today was a little bit better.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
jan31 (06-19-2023), JRHolbrook (06-19-2023), shirlb19 (06-20-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 08:56 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy I’m with you, I hate wearing shoes, I walk around barefoot all through the summer and most of the winter indoors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2023, 04:21 AM   #79  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, you and I are a team...I don't like to go barefoot, even in the house. As a kid, I had too many splinters, cuts from stepping on glass and clam shells in the lake. I'm a slipper girl. And the good news is that my feet looks pretty good, not icky on the bottom. My feet are my best feature, although I need a pedicure. I don't want polish on the nails, my nails don't like polish.
Jan, that bench is beyond cool. We have a set of fairly new murals on buildings in town and I guess a new one was worked on last night. We have an art festival this weekend, a lot of businesses have these fish in front of the door, artists are decorating them. Not sure why fish but they're kind of cool.
Busy with family you are, Gracie. Do you zoom a lot in the winter when you're gone?
My moving date is July 25. The truck will come the 24th to load, drive on the 25th. I'll stay here the 24th to clean and possibly do a walk through with the landlord. I'll give Ann my new address soon....it's easy, no more north and west. It's funny, I moved here on August 1, 2012 and my last day here is July 31, 2023.
Melody, I love that door. My daughter's counseling specialties are OCD and anxiety.
Have a good day, I'm going to a Taco Tuesday lunch.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
JRHolbrook (06-22-2023), mcschmidty (06-20-2023), shirlb19 (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 06:01 PM   #80  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder:
This week the letter is C and the color is chartreuse!

Keywords: ABC19, ABC19C3 and your personal keyword if using one

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
mcschmidty (06-21-2023), shirlb19 (06-20-2023)