Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2023, 08:25 AM   #361  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,307 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Good morning! We had a lovely day yesterday. DD2 got off work early so she joined DD1 and me when we went to the yarn store we tried to go to on Monday. It is a cute little yarn store in Auburn that I had no idea even existed. From there we went to the Humane Society bookstore where all the books are $1.50 and benefit the Humane Society. The girls bought 11 books. Then we were going to have frozen yogurt at the local shop but they didn't have any flavors yesterday that any of us wanted. We did walk across the street to a used bookstore that the girls love and I had never been in. And DD2 looked for another yogurt place and found one about 20 minutes away. We had just gotten there when DH called to see where we were and he suggested we have dinner out so the girls got frozen yogurt and ate in the car while I drove back to essentially where we had been and we had dinner at a very tasty Italian restaurant there. Quite tasty!

DD2 is happy to be back driving the Camry as DD1 is done with work out here. Her manager gave her a gift bag with some fun things in it for her as a parting gift which is so sweet of her.

This morning there were two bucks in our backyard area. So lovely!

Kathy, I'm glad your jaw is better and sorry you are still in so much pain. Praying that it is still healing pain and will go away. Rain sounds lovely, we miss that around here!

Ann, kids out here are already back in school! And yes, summer isn't over, we are headed back into triple digit weather out here.

Wow, Jean, I can't imagine going through the trauma that Sarah did. Pouring rain? Yay!

My co-worker has been sick this week and I'm concerned that she is coming in today. I wish she would just stay home and keep her germs to herself!

Here are a couple of photos (taken through a window) of the two bucks who came to visit this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-6a8fb393-3586-4004-abb5-fd25bd970bb6_1_201_a.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-c75c6872-995b-4471-8754-a578776a88c7_1_201_a.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (08-10-2023), jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 01:04 PM   #362  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Great pictures catherine. I see the deer are in velvet. Makes their antlers look so soft and fuzzy!

I am so frustrated. I called my back doctor today and he sent me for a duplex sonogram on my legs to check for blood clots. That was negative, thankfully but now he wants me to see my regular doctor because he doesn't think the swelling in the legs and feet are related to the back surgery. Just seems such a coincidence that I had back surgery and now my legs and feet are swollen. I don't think my primary doctor is in on Fridays so I may not be able to call before Monday.....insert picture of a crybaby here!....
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (08-10-2023), jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 01:19 PM   #363  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,203 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Your not being a crybaby, Kathy, you are venting to your friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-10-2023), muscrat (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 04:16 PM   #364  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just talked to my sister. She told me they eliminated her job! She's worked for this major hospital( the one I hate!) For 30 years!! She has 9 years before she can retire. I feel so bad for her!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 04:44 PM   #365  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my goodness, Kathy, that is just horrible! And they would not keep her in another position based on her years of experience?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 05:10 PM   #366  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Oh no, Kathy, so sorry for your sister and losing her job. Companies can be so ruthless. Also, sorry to hear about you feet and legs swelling. I hope you can see your Dr. or another one before Monday.

Catherine, those deer pictures are so wonderful. Glad you're enjoying time with your daughters! I hope your coworker didn't come to work ill today!

Jean, I hope you're settling in and feeling at home in your new house. It looks so sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 09:41 PM   #367  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies!
Jean- fun to find new places in your area- although that consignment shop sounds like it is not the greatest 'find' if the prices are high! Wow- how awful to hear about your DD's friend and her story of being stabbed- that would be a hard event to get over!
Gracie- hope your Mom is doing well!
Kathy- so sorry to hear your sisters job has been cut- that is so sad! I am so sorry you are still having pain!
Hubby told me tonight his department is going to have a meeting regarding cuts in his department- I would love it if her took a package and retired! He works too much and his job is too stressful! I do not complain for myself, just worry about him!
Catherine- so glad you had a great day with the girls and dinner as a family as well! What a blessing! And, love the pics of your backyard bucks!

I started a 4 week drawing class today- she had us draw a picture of a hammer- without lifting our pencils, a group of 4 cups-taken in different angles or perspectives- leaning how to draw circles, and then a tube of paint-squeezed and contorted. I signed up because a friend signed up..... not sure if I like the teacher yet or not...... The teacher was an English teacher throughout her life.... I could imagine sleeping through her class! LOL I am sure I will learn something!

This weekend we have a family reunion on Rays mothers side of their family. She just had one sister, so a small group of about 50 of us.....! LOL My daughter Katie will join us and will see her cousins too. She will bring her (crazy) dog. I went shopping for ingredients for an Asian Ramen Slaw salad..... yum! I will make 2- one with soy and one without...... I am sure the one with soy tastes better, but I cannot have it. It is also Gluten free, as the Ramen I am using has rice noodles instead of wheat......

Tomorrow, will attend a funeral for a priest that was our pastor for about 12 years, including when an arsonist burned our church down...... He was so strong in leading us- the church is not the building- it is the people! Amen! What a job he was lead to do and lead us through too! He died soon after he retired- so sad! He had cancer that was pretty aggressive.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Waving hello to all

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (08-11-2023), jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 06:30 AM   #368  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,773 Likes on 1,605 Posts

Happy Friday!
Rained during the night, didn't seem to be a storm. I woke up a bit too early, went back to sleep, got up a little after 7, headed to the bathroom, flushed, turned on the water to wash my hands, power went out simultaneously. What?????? 80 some of us in LaCrosse and MN lost power and internet. I went downstairs to check my electrical box, it is in a difficult position and I can't reach it. Went back upstairs to get my step stool, everything looked a-ok. Garage across the street had an outside light on so not all of this street. Long story short, it's back on, sooner than expected. No idea why it went out, wasn't raining at the time, sun was shining.
Catherine, nice day with family you had. Bookstores and yarn shops.....awesome. There is a nice independent bookstore here in LaCrosse, a lot of used books. A local drive in restaurant has Dole whip, many different flavors. I don't like soft serve but I love Dole Whip, especially pineapple.
Shelly, have fun at the reunion. My family never had many of those. I remember one with my Grandma's side in Woodstock, IL and one with my Mom's Dad's side in Waukegan, IL. That's it. Grandma was from Woodstock but we were only in Waukegan because my great uncle lived there and hosted it. He used to work for Outboard Marine, very wealthy.
SIL Scott came over yesterday to bolt my new bathroom cabinet to the wall so I could fill it with towels and stuff...very happy that all fit in between that and the vanity. One more box unpacked. Then he hung a broom holder going down the basement steps. Very handy and out of the way so I don't trip on broom or Swiffer. He is refinishing the banister going down the stairs, it's the original one from the build of the house. I didn't have a banister in my previous abode so I got used to wall hugging.
Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry for your sister. I lost my job in 2011, just out of the blue. I was newly separated and in a very expensive apartment. Very upsetting. As people age, this is going to happen more and more. What did she do at the hospital? And no way are you whining....you are entitled. That is awful.
Yesterday I got established with a new doctor, appointment for a wellness check in January. I'm actually going to see a PA nurse. I have a form to fill out to transfer records. So different, it was all automated as far as requesting my records. I left a message, no one called me back but they emailed the form. Had to print it, fill it out, scan it and email it back. Seems very impersonal. My previous doctor sent my one prescription to the correct pharmacy, I went to pick it up, no problem. Then the doctor's office called to see if I needed to get it filled...already taken care of. The new system seems a bit different from my old as far as getting a My Chart thing. I have a My Chart for insurance and a My Chart for the medical stuff, both separate. Didn't have that before, just a website for insurance. That was confusing to me. Now I have to find a dentist.
I'm posting a photo of a card a friend sent me...I had posted a pic of the house on Facebook and she took it, photoshopped it and printed it for a card. I said to her 'that's just like my house!' and she said 'it is your house!' Have a good weekend, everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-melinda2jeannewhome.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (08-11-2023), jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-12-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 06:55 AM   #369  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all!

Hi Shelly, how fun a "small" family reunion. I hope the company Ray works for offers him a wonderful package so that he can retire. Life is short and no need for stress. I hope your neck is feeling better. Regarding your drawing class, nothing worse than a boring teacher. The teacher can make or break a class. Hopefully, you'll get some good tips anyway.

Jean, that is so cool that your friend made the card using a photo of your home! How clever and thoughtful! I did finally send out your birthday card. Sheesh, I've been so behind on sending cards lately. I sent out half a dozen yesterday! I'm with you, everything seems so impersonal within the medical community lately, and the waits to see someone or actually talk to a living person are getting longer. Heaven forbid you call a number and actually get a live person on the other end. LOL

Have a wonderful Friday. I'm off to try to get motivated. The sad news about Lahaina, Maui, which we've visited for the last 23 years and where we were married, has really gotten me down. I feel so sad for all of those people who've lost everything. A good reminder to realize how blessed I truly am each day!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (08-11-2023), jan31 (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-12-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 09:56 AM   #370  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I'm not exactly sure what she did. I know she trained people on using the new phone systems they use to work at home. She was working with diabetic appointments, she worked for several doctors. They were always generous on the secretary days. She did further education and got a degree, not sure what it was in. She is hoping the severance package is enough to keep them afloat while she looks for something else.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (08-11-2023), JRHolbrook (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-12-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 11:00 AM   #371  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone! I am in the process of my house chores - laundry, cleaning, etc and realized that I hadn't checked in this morning. I meant to, I did in my thoughts! So, I decided a quick break was in order.

Yesterday was the last sister date night because next Thursday, DD1 will be in TN. (She'll actually be there Wednesday morning.) Thursday night is DH and my date night and the girls have turned it into sister date night. The sad part about it is that next Thursday is DD2's birthday eve and her sister won't be here to celebrate with her.

Kathy, my dear, you do NOT whine! I think you bear all this pain that you deal with with such grace. Please feel free to vent, we are here for you!

I'm so sorry for your sister and her job loss. That totally sucks. I was going to ask you what she did at the hospital as well. I really enjoyed working in the purchasing department of the hospital that I worked at in Southern California but a lot of that was because I had an excellent boss. If she needs to find work,

Gracie, yes, my co-worker came in. I knew she was going to. Our new office space has our desks closer together so I was not excited about her coming in. Hopefully she was no longer contagious but if I get sick, I know where I'll think it came from!

Shelly, if your DH can get a great retirement package, I hope he will do it!

Sorry about your priest, it sounds like he was the right man in the right place to lead your church when you lost your buidling.

Jean, I'm glad your power is back on. How funny that it went out right then though. And what a cool card your friend had made for you.

Gracie, yes, that is devastating news about Maui. DH was there a few years back for the wedding of a good friend but apparently where they got married is north of the fires. My co-worker is planning on being in Maui in October for about three weeks and apparently the time share where she stays is also north of the fires.

Well, back to chores. I'm still trying to get through the DTGD galleries too.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (08-11-2023), JRHolbrook (08-11-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-12-2023)
Old 08-13-2023, 03:35 PM   #372  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, ya'll must be very busy! No chatter since I posted on Friday? Really?!

I'm still working on commenting on DTGD galleries. Ann! You sure make it hard to get them all commented on! LOL For Misti's gallery and also Jeanne's I was thinking, "Ann! Stop it!"

I am simply going through the chat thread so I know I'm missing some since not everyone provides a link there.

Tuesday is approaching all too rapidly. The girls and I went to Michaels today to get more yarn for DD1. She has made six beautiful beanies this last week and is also working on a large throw for her aunt. So pretty! DD2 was naughty and bought a crochet hook for me while we were there.

We are just going into another hot spell, the break was nice while it lasted.

Hope you are all doing OK and having fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023)
Old 08-13-2023, 03:53 PM   #373  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I'm working on cards in Chat threads for DTGD, too. I only have 15 challenges done! We'll see if I'll eventually get through all of them. I'm glad you're having fun with your daughters before DD1 leaves for school. Time sure flies! Are you going to start crocheting?

We had rain and it cooled down here. Not sure what the week ahead looks like. (As if they can really predict correctly!) LOL

I've been making lots of cards lately. I'm playing catch up and sent out 7 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (08-14-2023), jan31 (08-14-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023)
Old 08-13-2023, 04:32 PM   #374  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,120 Likes on 969 Posts

Hi ladies,

So much cooler today - felt good. We picked up lunch and went to a park with the kids. There is an area where dogs can swim, so DD let the dog off the leash and let him run. He was racing around like a crazy dog. Once he was running straight for her, which apparently is something he will do. She tried to step out of the way, but couldn't move fast enough and he ran right into her legs and knocked her down. She was in a lot of pain, so we ended up packing up and leaving. We stopped at her place and DS went in to get food for the dog and a couple of things she wanted, and then he went home, to be summoned later if needed. He ended up picking up her prescription for her. The rest of us went to our house to drop off me and the dog, and DH took DD to the ER. They took x-rays, but said it wasn't broken, just probably bruising to the 'soft tissue', basically just below her knee, so she now has pain medicine and crutches. I got to walk the dog. I wasn't sure how that would go, because he is quite strong, but I managed to keep him under control. Please pray for speedy healing. I guess we, mostly DS, but possibly DH, will be the dog walker for at least a few days.

And for those of you who have been praying, DH had another test last week & the results came back cancer free. Praise the Lord and thank you for your prayers. Next test will be (I think) 6 months.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (08-14-2023), jan31 (08-14-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023), muscrat (08-13-2023), smadson (08-16-2023)
Old 08-13-2023, 05:02 PM   #375  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, hurray for the cancer free test results for DH! Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope her knee heals quickly. We took our dogs to the dog park on Friday. There were lots of dogs there and one almost took me out at the knees! I know how she feels. Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (08-14-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 06:44 AM   #376  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Another manic Monday! Not for me, of course, just the usual creating, maybe an Aldi run. Easy to put things off when one has all the time in the world.
Rainy day here. The whole of WI is covered in a wave of rain. Cool too, but by the end of the week, back in a heat wave. Bring on Fall!
Liz stopped over yesterday, she had purchased another table fan for me at Target so she dropped it off. She's really struggling with the single parenting she is doing the weekends Scott works. She thinks and she's probably right, that this time in their lives is harder than when they were toddlers. Her girls are high energy and Clare is really testing her with wanting this, wanting that. They were discussing school supplies and Clare didn't want to use anything from last year at all, even though there were perfectly good things. Liz stood her ground but it was exhausting. Typical teenage stuff but exhausting. Clare has just had her second period and it's a bad one....I understand her anxiety and upset about it. I think her hormones are pretty wacky since her first one was in April. I have little memory of what that time was like, except for needing to go home from school once, i was in so much discomfort. .
I'm so happy for your husband and you, Melody. But i'm very sorry about your daughter's injury. Those are sometimes worse than a break.
Catherine, so lovely your daughters are so close. Time flies for sure. I hope my girls are close when they're older. They are now but then they have these issues all of a sudden, typical little girl stuff. They're so cute when they're hugging each other.
Well not much new, my basement is bugging me. I'm on the hunt for bookcases and ways to make sense of it. Have a great day. Oh meant to mention that my son went to Maui years ago with his girlfriend's/now wife's family. I'm wondering if even if the fire is very much located in that one area that the whole island will be affected with infrastructure issues. All that beautiful history gone and all those beautiful people. I hope they find all the missing.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (08-14-2023), jan31 (08-14-2023), JRHolbrook (08-14-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 07:52 AM   #377  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I am off today to hang out with DD1. She leaves tomorrow night...so sad...for us but happy for her. She is really enjoying college.

Yesterday I made mushroom stroganoff (vegan) and vegan cheesecake (in the instant pot) so we could have DD2's birthday celebration meal before DD1 left. Lots of work (the stroganoff) but they all love it so much. DD2 didn't even remember that she had requested that and the cheesecake for her birthday meal...but now I will have to do something else for her actual birthday which is this Friday.

DD2 helped DD1 get a huge part of her packing done yesterday because DD2 loves to pack....I don't understand that. Both DD1 and I are not fans of the activity of packing!

Gracie, yes, you have been working through the DTGD threads, thank you for the love you've been leaving in my gallery! And wow to rain, we'd love to see some of that!

Yay, Melody, for the good news about DH. So sorry about your DD though. Praying for quick healing!

Jean, I've been blessed to have girls who are close almost all their lives - with the exception of the years that DD1 had gone through through puberty and DD2 had not yet. Those were challenging years! I did start telling DD1 that DD2 would be her life long best friend before DD2 was even born.

Good for your daughter standing her ground. Yes, it is exhausting but good parenting. DD1 gets frustrated with customers who give in to their crying/screaming kids buying a cake pop for them so they'll stop fussing. She says, "Don't they know they are training their kids to behave that way?!" Both girls found out that repeatedly asking for something was the quickest way to ensure that the answer would be and stay no but it sure takes energy!

Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (08-14-2023), JRHolbrook (08-15-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 10:57 AM   #378  
Proud Fan Club Member

The back doctor doesn't think the swelling in my leg and foot and the leg pain have anything to do with the surgery. So He tells me to see my primary doctor to see if here is an underlying cause. Went to primary doctor today. He says it could be a nerve issue or spinal canal stenosis. He is going to see if I should have an EMG to check the nerves. I'm ready to be over all of this!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (08-14-2023), jan31 (08-14-2023), JRHolbrook (08-15-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 11:20 AM   #379  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon all!!

It's pouring here! So needed though and very cool!! Air is finally off! Of course by the weekend it will back on with temps in the 90's both Saturday and Sunday predicted.

Catherine and Gracie, thank you so much for all of the comments on my DTGD cards, so appreciated!

Catherine, so glad you took off to be with your daughter! Have a wonderful time!

Melody, hugs to your daughter for speedy healing! So happy your DH is doing well!

Kathy, that sucks that they can't figure out what the issue is! Hoping you get relief soon!

Have a good rest of your day everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (08-15-2023), mcschmidty (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 06:39 PM   #380  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi my dear friends, I have missed all of you very much. Today August 14th my beloved Nick lost his battle with cancer and went to be with our heavenly father. Your cards brought him so much joy. Thank you for caring so much.

This was posted by Mary Jo in the tickle thread for Nick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2023, 05:12 AM   #381  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Very sad for Mary Jo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2023, 06:11 AM   #382  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

At least he is not suffering anymore. Prayers for Mary Jo and her family.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 06:49 AM   #383  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thinking of your today, Catherine, with DD1 going back to school. I'm so glad she loves college, though, as so many young people have a hard time being away from home. You and DH raised some fine, strong, independent and loving girls!

So sorry to hear of Nick's passing. Sending up prayers for Mary Jo.

Still slowly going through DTGD chat threads and commenting on cards. 21 done 25 to go! Yup, once I set my mind to something, I usually follow through. I'm seeing lots of creative cards.

Kathy, so sorry to hear about the swelling in your leg and foot. I hope they can find the cause and fix it. DH went to Urgent Care last weekend because his feet were so swollen, he could hardly walk. They determined it was the new blood pressure meds the Dr. prescribed. Always something! Sending you healing hugs, Kathy.

Jean, your statement, "another manic Monday," had me singing that song all day. Was it Cyndi Lauper or Madonna? i'm not good with the names of singers and who sings what. I just enjoy the music.

Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 07:06 AM   #384  
Proud Fan Club Member

I googled. It was The Bangles. I can see why you'd guess who you did because it was a girl group and the sound was very much like your guesses.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (08-15-2023), JRHolbrook (08-15-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 07:12 AM   #385  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Kathy! I forgot about the Bangles! Google is a wonderful thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (08-15-2023), muscrat (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 07:48 AM   #386  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Our sad day has arrived - but a happy day for DD1. She will be flying all night (a couple of layovers in a couple of airports too) and will see her boyfriend in the morning. I am just happy and thankful that she is excited to get back to college (the boyfriend isn't the only draw!).

She finished the throw blanket she was crocheting for her aunt in TN just last night. It is beautiful!

Kathy, I'm so sorry you are dealing with so many health issues. I'm sure you are more than ready to be done with all of this. Sending you big hugs and praying for you.

So sorry to read about MaryJo's DH though, as Ann pointed out, he is no longer in pain.

Ann, you are welcome....you are certainly giving my hands a workout! LOL I'm glad you are enjoying some cooler weather and rain. We had spit yesterday - not enough even to be considered drizzle, and very humid.

Gracie, I am like you in that I don't usually know who performs the song, I just enjoy the music. I mean, there are some very identifiable voices but other than that, I just enjoy the music. I am always surprised if I actually know who performed a song!

I'll add to Ann's thanks, Gracie, for the love you've left in my gallery. I'm still working through them too but am a little closer to the finish line...I think.

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (08-15-2023), JRHolbrook (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 07:57 AM   #387  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, too, Catherine, for all the love you're leaving in my gallery! Praying for safe travels for DD1. Hugs for you.

Congratulations, Kathy, on winning a DTGD prize! Whoo Hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (08-15-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023), muscrat (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 08:29 AM   #388  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You're welcome, Gracie!

I meant to attach this photo of DD1 with the beautiful throw blanket she crocheted.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-ab894a8d-f3c0-42b5-922d-51fb581f3a89_1_201_a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (08-15-2023), jan31 (08-15-2023), JRHolbrook (08-15-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 09:07 AM   #389  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That's beautiful, Catherine. Lookes like she is learning some different stitches.

Happy birthday Kandie!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (08-15-2023), JRHolbrook (08-15-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 09:41 AM   #390  
Proud Fan Club Member

I tend to send my cards out early and then forget on the actual day! Happy birthday Kandie!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (08-15-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 09:49 AM   #391  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Beautiful crocheted blanket, Catherine. I love the colors!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kandie! I hope my card actually got there on time for once! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2023, 01:13 PM   #392  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday, Kandie!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 01:14 PM   #393  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!!

This week our letter is "K" and the color is Kiwi!!

Thanks again to Liz for the amazing colors on the list!!

Keywords: ABC19K11, ABC19, and your personal keyword if using one!

Have fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 02:31 PM   #394  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Liz, you must like green colors! I see there are 7 varieties of green! My list would have had lots of reds!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 04:04 PM   #395  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

And mine would have been blues.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
JRHolbrook (08-15-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 04:31 AM   #396  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 955 Likes on 341 Posts

Happy , Happy Birthday Kandie. Hope you have a beautiful day.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by gutsport56:
annsforte3 (08-16-2023), jkanack (08-16-2023), JRHolbrook (08-16-2023), Kemernow (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 08:06 AM   #397  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! DD1 flew all night and has arrived safely in TN and is now with her boyfriend for a few days before college starts. It was a sad scene at the airport as we were all sad to see her go but I'm happy to be able to say she - and her luggage - have all safely arrived. She had two airport stops on her way out which is why it essentially took all night. From here to Salt Lake City where she had an almost 3 hour layover, then to Atlanta, and finally to Knoxville (which isn't where she'd necessarily fly for college but it works for the boyfriend.) The three of us hit up DQ on the way home to console ourselves.

But! I have to say, God's timing is wonderful. On Monday, DD2's boss was so excited about something new for Tuesday and how it was going to make DD2's truck days so much better and easier and it would make her smile and maybe even happy dance! He even texted her Monday evening about it. DD1 and I were concerned that he was overhyping it and she wouldn't be as excited as he thought. They got to work (Tuesday is truck day so the team is large) and after about 40 minutes, the boss called them all to gather in the drive aisle for a team meeting. They were quite a ways away from him as he was at the front of the store and not coming towards them like he normally would. There was a break in the music and some other piece came on and DD2 thought, "Is he serious? A new playlist?" then the song got into the chorus (I think, I don't know the song) where it says something like "guess who's back" and DD2 shrieked when she saw one of her favorite former co-workers dressed ready to work! She ran and gave her a hug and was so happy. So, even though her sister left the state, she couldn't help smiling because Ashley is back and is only on DD2's team. Yay!

I hope Kandie had a happy birthday yesterday and that, perhaps, my card arrived in time. That would be a new development for me this year!

I came home and made a card for today's sketch. I meant to use a green for kiwi but went a different direction - unless you think Wild Wasabi works for kiwi too.

Melody, I have been amazed at how she has taken to crochet and the different projects/stitches she has done. There is a beanie pattern that she has done that has different stitches in it. It takes her about an hour to make. She made six or so of them last week both with pom poms and without. Last year at college, after connecting with her teachers and showing that she was paying attention and participating in discussion, she started bringing her projects to class as crocheting helps her focus. I'm sure she did a fair amount of crocheting during her trip on to TN. She was working on teaching me but we only started last week so I haven't gotten very far. I have my own crochet hook now though.

Gracie, she made that beautiful throw for her aunt who lives about 5 minutes from the college. And she pushed herself to get it finished before she left so she can give it to her right away. Yesterday morning she also delivered a baby blanket and dino that she crocheted for a co-worker who is expecting.

I love all the greens....obviously!

Beautiful flowers, Dagmar!

I didn't get any DTGD commenting done yesterday though.

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 04:06 PM   #398  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oooh, Dagmar, that bouquet is beautiful...such a lot of birthdays in August! Speaking of which, I received cards from Rebekah, Catherine and Shelly!!!!! Thanks ever so much for celebrating with me all month. You are all such good buddies!
Catherine, the sooner your daughter leaves, the sooner she'll come back. didn't she just start that blanket??? Holy cow, she is fast.
Thinking of you, Kathy, all the time.
My brain seems to store up little tidbits of trivia that I can spew out at any given time, like Manic Monday. I've heard of the Bangles but never would have guessed. I can hear the song in my head but just the main line. There is a song for every occasion. I have never been much on pop music, too much other music in my head, I guess.
Last night, right before my shower and bed, I felt a spurt of energy and went into the basement and sort of rearranged a little storage room I have. It was an absolute mess, no rhyme or reason. The previous owners were going to create a bathroom down there, which I'm glad they didn't, but there is a huge triangular whirlpool tub, never hooked up, unfortunately my family didn't say to them 'that has to be removed.' Too much other stuff to think of. So I have to use the tub to put things in . It looks better now, it feels better but I sure wish that tub was gone. It will be, Scott can cut it up. I guess they had to remove the basement stairs to get it in the basement, which is nuts. All my Christmas stuff is in the attic, I have art, books, that kind of thing in the little room. I'd like some shelves in there eventually. I just ordered three bookcases from Wayfair for my books. I was trying to find cheap ones on Marketplace but I was never quick enough. I don't have any way to pick things up so can't say for certain that I can take things until I check with Scott.
Monday, I texted Clare and asked what she was doing. Nothing was the answer so she and Mirren walked over here, we went to Bean Juice for a treat and then they came back here and we did bubble printing. I don't remember how we got on the subject of printing bubbles but they had a fun and messy time with it. That's why I'm here, to get to know these girlies better.
I made an appointment for a haircut...a little nervous, since I haven't had a different hair dresser in almost 40 years. Oh well, it's just hair, it will grow.
ttyl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (08-16-2023), JRHolbrook (08-16-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023), smadson (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 08:47 PM   #399  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good evening, ladies. Such good friends you are! I received so many lovely cards!

I was heavily involved in quilling, quilling, quilling. One day a week ago I decided I’m done with it for a while. I’ve discovered the world of bjd dolls (ball-jointed dolls), another word would be articulated. I have developed a fondness for 6 inch dolls to use for decorating the ledge outside my apartment door to the hall. A few ladies mentioned it took them back to their childhood, so I got the idea to create scenes or maybe I can call them dioramas but on a shelf. As it is late August and the kids are back in school here in Indiana, I did a school scene. I had found an 11 inch doll called a Rainbow High doll and she goes with the little ones I have because they all have these big heads. So I set up a school scene. Picture below. It got noticed so much that I changed it for my birthday and had the dolls have a birthday party. Today I have changed it to the children setting up the classroom for fall. Photos below. I’m trying to teach myself how to sew doll clothes but am slightly failing! I never was one to sew. (Gracie, what did you post about regressing as we get older?…..)

I loved catching up on things here. I had to jump ahead to post tonight. I will go back to the 14th and catch up on the rest of the posts. I’m going to try to stay caught up.

Thank you once again for my cards and treats and well wishes. As always, you ladies are wonderful!

edit: I’m sorry the photos came out sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-71357701833__bda8970c-42b0-442d-9b94-b85500c5c7c4.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-71374316976__0110f379-c819-4b5a-8702-00aadbc050ee.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-img_1016.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 08-16-2023 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Sideways photos
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (08-17-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 09:40 PM   #400  
Proud Fan Club Member

It must be fun walking by your shelf to see the new display!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (08-17-2023), mcschmidty (08-16-2023)