Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2022, 05:41 PM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 523 Likes on 222 Posts

WOW-Jayne, the water is so blue and the sand so white. I'd love to visit Australia but doubt that will ever come true for me. I imagine the cost would be too much on social security income. Thanks for sharing the pics, at least I can visit in my imagination.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by TeriJ:
annsforte3 (05-25-2022), jan31 (05-24-2022), JRHolbrook (05-24-2022), mcschmidty (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 09:16 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Looks gorgeous Jayne.

Anne good luck with your surgery.

still painting, I have bruises along my left leg as I had to sit on the steps yesterday to paint the side wall,it’s a triangle piece that runs along the stairs and I must have been pressing my leg on the marble steps, today is easier, for me, I have the straight part where it’s low. We were so tired we walked up and bought a quiche for dinner and had half of it with salad, we will have the rest tonight

DIL rang us from the hospital on Sunday, it was so lovely to see her although she looked exhausted of course, she was told she could go home yesterday but had complications so had to stay in another day, she hasn’t been sleeping as she’s in pain and had stomach problems after having chicken broth, the first food she’s had for over a week, just liquids.
seems quite early to leave the hospital after major surgery but her mum was a nurse so she should’ve in safe hands.

good news ,my passport was being printed according to an email received, at 1.30am,wondering if they are working at nights now, haha
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (05-25-2022), JRHolbrook (05-25-2022), mcschmidty (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 11:47 PM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

Waving hello!
Back from a fun trip late Sunday night- I fell asleep on the couch tonight and up to get ready for bed. Computer was on my lap when I woke up : )
Looking forward to being home and no running around! We have no plans for the weekend, no baseball for Ray until next Tuesday either.
So saddened to hear about another school shooting! Prayers for the kids and the families- and for the young man who did this and killed his grandmother too. We need Mental Health help and less AK-guns! My nephews wife- her dad was shot outside of a High School when she was 14- and grew up without a dad from 14 on..... Heartbreaking!

Yes, Ann- thanks for all you do with this thread! I love this group- and welcome Teri J too! Waving hello!

Off to bed- will be back later this week- have Dr Stephi here for another day and 1/2 !

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (05-25-2022), jan31 (05-25-2022), JRHolbrook (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 04:29 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 745 Likes on 356 Posts

Do I upload here?

SC907, ABC17A1, Veggies by jdmommy at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks Ann. Put in in the posting thread!!

Last edited by jdmommy; 05-25-2022 at 04:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 06:32 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!

It is heartbreaking to see the news of all those killed in Texas. Prayers for all.

Shelly, nice you now have a doctor in the family!

Anne, thinking of you with surgery today. Hugs!

Jan, hugs for your dil too! Glad you were able to hear from her!

Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (05-25-2022), JRHolbrook (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 08:18 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Jan, glad you heard from your DIL. It is concerning how fast that hospitals release patients these days. I'm glad she has her mom to help take care of her when she goes home. Hopefully, she recovers quickly! Ohhh, a bruise from all that painting...I can imagine you're exhausted. Definitely, not my cup of tea...painting, that is.

Anne, thinking of you as you have surgery today! HUGS

Ann, I see we are off to a wonderful start on the Alpha cards for round 17! Thanks so much for inspiring all of us!

Shelly, I'm glad you get to enjoy a relaxing weekend! You are a busy girl!

Prayers for everyone after another horrific school shooting. I can't even imagine...It is so heartbreaking and devastating.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (05-25-2022), jan31 (05-25-2022), mcschmidty (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 08:20 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! It is supposed to be a hot one today - triple digits down the hill. I've already said good morning to the deer. I am typing this with my finger exposed, no band aid! I will put one on before I leave for work though. It looks pretty ugly still.

Yes Gracie, we should have chatted the other night when we were both crafting. That would have been fun. I was crafting again last night and got my A card done - though I did something more to it this morning so no photo yet.

Yay, Annette, for being close to moving into the new house!

Ann, I'm sure you have a posting thread for round 17. I haven't looked for it yet.

Jayne, it is so gorgeous where you've been and where you are going. What a fabulous trip!

Jan, they kick you out of the hospital so fast these days compared to when I was a kid. I remember asking the doctor for another night in the hospital when I had my second daughter (both c-sections) and I got it. Normally, I would be for getting out as soon as possible but just wasn't ready with a newborn (who was almost at my lifting limit) and a toddler.

Glad you were able to talk with your DIL. She'll get more rest at home, I'm sure.

Congratulations to your new doctor, Shelly! Exciting times.

Anne, thinking of you with your surgery today and sending hugs.

There goes my alarm.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
Old 05-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #48  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Welome Teri! I just looked at your gallery! Beautiful cards with some gorgeous papers!

Melody I know I can always count on you to provide more info regarding kits! Thanks for getting the wheels turning!

Anne prayers for your surgery.

Ann, still praying for your foot recovery! Glad you enjoyed a shower!! It is the little things after all, lol.

Beautiful travels, Jayney!

Catherine that is too hot!

Shelly, welcome home!

Going out somewhere for lunch with dh soon. Probably going to walk to get sushi as we need to get a walk in. Hope it doesn't rain on us. We had nice weather over the long weekend (Victoria Day) but now is cloudy and showery.

hugs to all of you!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by shirlb19:
Old 05-25-2022, 01:31 PM   #49  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, forgot to say ouchie on those bruises. You have a lot to do around your beautiful home! Glad you heard from your dil!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2022, 08:22 PM   #50  
Kookie Creator

As I noted on my gallery submission, I only have 3 alcohol ink bottles. I took a quick look at Amazon and there seem to be quite a few inexpensive sets of alcohol inks sold for use with resin projects. They are about $1 a bottle in sets of various sizes. Ranger alcohol inks are, of course, much more expensive at about $3.75 each in sets to $4.00-$5.50 individually.

Does anyone have experience with these different types of alcohol inks? Would the resin sets work just as well for card making? Are the Ranger (or other brands) that much better for card making? Just looking for guidance on where to put my money, or not.

Thanks for ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by TeriJ:
annsforte3 (05-26-2022), jan31 (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 08:40 PM   #51  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Teri, I'm not familiar with those, but I do have a few Copic refills, which are alcohol ink and can be used the same as Ranger's. So I would think the inexpensive ones would work the same.

Along that line: The polished stone technique can be done with alcohol inks, but can also be done using a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol on it and regular dye ink refills.

I would say try the cheaper ones. Alcohol inks work on non-porous surfaces, such as metal, glass, and plastic, where regular dye inks won't stick, unless you add alcohol to them. I would think it makes no difference how much they cost to get the same result. Just my opinion.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (05-26-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), muscrat (05-26-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 09:17 PM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hi Ladies!

Teri- I use mostly Ranger AI's until I discovered I can use Copic reinkers too : ) I like the lighter colors you can achieve. Buy what you love!!! Thanks for the tutorial- will have to play using Vellum- and I love Vickie P- great accent!

I drove the Doc (Stephi) to Katies tonight and they went to dinner and will have a 'sleepover' and then Stephi will head to the airport and home tomorrow... and Katie has Prom tomorrow night- which she is responsible for as she is the Student Council teacher advisor. When I left, I put her dog in the car and brought him home till Saturday- she can have her crazy schedule and we will have the Granddog : ) One less thing for her to worry about!

We made some fun meals in the Instapot while Stephi was here- and learned a bit more about how it works : ) Saute, steam, etc......

So saddened to hear of the stories coming from Texas- no words. Absolutely Insane that our world has come to this!

Waving hello to all- I will work on catching up this week and weekend too. Whew- Almost June already!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-26-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), shirlb19 (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 06:27 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. Cuteness in our front yard this morning. We called the DNR & they recommend leaving it alone. When the mother deems it safe, she will take it away.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-img_0011.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (05-26-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-26-2022), shirlb19 (05-26-2022), smadson (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 06:34 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just checked and the fawn is gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (05-26-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), muscrat (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 07:29 AM   #55  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had triple digits yesterday - not at home, fortunately, but at work. Last night, DH and I attended a neighborhood meeting about fire safety...outside...in the heat. We were in shade, thankfully, but still, too warm for me. Some in our neighborhood are trying to organize us into a fire safe community. We missed the first meeting so I'm not sure of the benefits but can't imagine it would be a bad thing to be. DH is now on the committee for it.

Yesterday, we got a lead on another car for DD1. She and DH are going to look at it this morning. It is sad that it is available (the owner passed away and was a lovely, younger woman, only 58 but had health problems). Her brothers are here trying to settle things.

Melody! What a lovely sight, I'm surprised she took a nap right there, not very disguised in that spot. We found one in our side yard when we still lived in the rental house. It looked like it was dead but DH said that is how they sleep and they play dead. I took photos, so sweet. You know I like my deer!

Did you get sushi, Shirl? My girls absolutely love it (vegetarian) and I like it too.

Teri, sorry, I have no advice about alcohol inks. I don't have a lot (only one green!) but all I have are Ranger. My girls got some of the Ranger alcohol pearl inks for me last Christmas so I have a few of those too. It would seem they should work but I have no experience with them.

Shelly, I love steaming my broccoli in the instant pot....1 minute and done! (Of course, it takes more than a minute for it to get up to temp to do the steaming but still!)

Again, love that sweet fawn photo! I haven't seen many little fawns this year.

I have to go early this morning to take care of some things before work so I'm trying to function earlier than I normally would.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (05-26-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Hello everyone! Welcome, Terri! I only have Ranger or Copic refils as far as alcohol inks are concerned, so not much help. Besides that mine are really all old! LOL. But they still work.
melody , darling fawn photo!

This reading of all my subscribed threads and keeping up is a full time job!

just got back from shopping and haircut. I found some shoes I needed at JC Pennys on sale and use a coupon! Happy camper! $60.00 shoes for $34.00! And I went in and found quickly! Doulble yay! Now to clean my craft room from junk journaling and scrapbooking, and maybe get some cards made!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (05-26-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-26-2022), shirlb19 (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 12:16 PM   #57  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!

Oh Melody that is such a cute picture and almost looks fake! So still!

Sharon, hurry for finding shoes and getting in and out fast!

Teri, I only have Ranger Alcohol inks too besides the Copic refills. Sorry of no help to you!

Shelly, Ray will have a nice time with his companion! I remember you saying that the pup is in love with him!

I made a few cards today and then fell asleep in my chair. Just up too early again! Air is on since
I could hardly breathe with the humidity! Asthma sucks!

Have a good rest of your day everyone!

Anyone doing anything special this weekend? We are to get a heat wave again! 90's coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-26-2022), shirlb19 (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 01:38 PM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Hello, hello. So much good chatter here!

Teri, welcome!

Cute kittens, super cute fawn WOW!. Of course the animal posts stick out in my mind!!
The following 2 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

I'm just putting my feet up this afternoon for a bit. DH has gone with little man and DD2 to look at a fishing boat he might buy. A little one. Nothing too special.

I'm sitting here with all the emotions and feel like I could burst into tears any minute. Nothing pressing, just the heaviness of our world and lives.

DH and I did a lunch date. DD2 passed all her finals. Starts her job internship next week. We have a potluck with friends on Monday, so that will be nice.

I need to go and get some cauliflower parmesan ready for dinner.
The following 3 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 09:30 PM   #60  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

My late night check in!

I am heading to bed soon- had a sour stomach today, was able to eat a bit earlier- I think my lunch had dairy or soy yesterday. I skipped Book Club just in case.....! Keep the other ladies safe.

Melodie and Catherine- what a wonderful site to see fawns and deer in your yards! Sweet!
Catherine- hope the car search goes well! and is successful!
Sharon- what a great deal on those shoes!
Ann- so sorry your Asthma kicks in with the weather and all! Hubby hear the weather forecast and told me, the air will have to go on this weekend : )
Rebekah- yum! Did your hubby purchase a fishing boat? I used to fish as a kid- we lived right on the Kankakee river : ) I really enjoy fishing- even better when you actually catch a fish! LOL

I remind myself God created us for the times we live in- he knew what we would face and made us for these times. It is alot to handle when you hear of 10 year old kids being shot down- they did nothing to deserve this! And the aftermath with families and all of us too! Prayers going up!

I saw a Scrapbook page of Sharon's about letterboxing and looked it up, and decided to find a few on my trips to Colorado and Virginia. They get you out to trails or cemeteries. and you find carved stamps to put in your log book..... I planted my first box tonight amid a plethora of mosquito's....! LOL I have 2 more boxes ready to plant and we have so much rain this week, did not get the others planted. Will plant another tomorrow hopefully.

Stephi is back home tonight, and I am sad- bad to our normal schedule! I have a huge mess in my craft room to clean up! I need a few hours up there : )

Katie's dog loves my hubby- he will not even sit for me to put his leash on for a walk! It is a bit much for hubby, but will get Katie out here this weekend to pick him up : ) A few days is fine! LOL

Does anyone watch Top Chef???

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 10:20 PM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Dang it. I just googled letterboxing and clicked on a website that had information about it and now I have a bunch of virus warnings popping up on my computer. I don't know if it is a scam or what.
It says notadslife.com and notfcompsolutions.com and keeps asking to scan my computer because the Norton Virus subscription has expired. I am always suspicious when the pages are slightly blurry and not crisp. It is like they took a picture of the real site and now using it as a ploy.

I checked the Windows security tab on my system and it says everything is clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 01:16 AM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Teri- try AltasQuest.com

That is the one I use for letterboxing.

I spent a little time looking up more in our area tonight.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 06:50 AM   #63  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Teri, some scams look like virus alerts but I just close the box out without clicking on other stuff. They make it sound like you actually have a virus.

Letterboxing is similar to geocaching. With geocaching you need to use a GPS because you search by coordinates. I don't know how you search in letterboxing. Geocaching's website is geocaching.com.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 07:01 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, scammers are all over the place! I hear my sons all the time with clients who have been taken in by phone calls and links they should not have clicked on! Latest, someone said but Microsoft called me... NOPE!

Grandkids are coming over for the weekend! Giving number one son and his wife a break! Never had this when my kids were young and that is why I make sure to do it for my children. Adults need the break from their kids once in a while!

So I guess I'll make some cards today since all weekend there will be no time!

Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022), Ozpom (05-29-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:03 AM   #65  
Proud Fan Club Member

I've got 2 bug bites on my belly that itch like crazy. Started last night after unloading the second truckload of firewood. I saw some ants on the wood so maybe one of those.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (05-30-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:11 AM   #66  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! DD1 is now the proud owner of a 2003 Toyota Avalon. It only had 76,000 miles on it! I don't understand how that could be. She is SOOOO excited and it is a lovely car. We had to help her purchase it as she didn't have enough savings for it just yet but it was an excellent deal and is a very clean car. It is black (which DD1 doesn't prefer as black soaks up the hot CA sun) and thankfully the interior is tan and it has fabric seats. DD1 is so happy for that. My Camry has leather seats and we all prefer fabric. (Leather can be hot to sit on and we stick to it in the summer heat.) She has already named it Darcy - as in Mr. Darcy. So, the Yaris she named Bingley and now this one is Darcy. A momentous day for her.

We had our triple digit day on Wednesday and now it is cool and lovely. It looks like we should have a pleasant weekend. We've been working so hard, we don't even have any plans for the weekend, I'm just thankful for a day off. DD2's VBS project has roped us all in.

Sharon, yay for a hair cut and excellent deal on shoes. Even better that you got in and out quickly!

Ann, sorry the humidity is bothering you. I can't tolerate it at all but not because of asthma issues. Enjoy your weekend with your grandkids. What a blessing you are to give your son and DIL a break.

Rebekah, so are you now the proud owners of a fishing boat?

Shelly, I hope you are feeling better today.

Kathy, thanks for the information on letterboxing. I guess I just thought it was a different term for geocaching. We've done a bit of geocaching but very little. It was fun but the girls weren't too into it so we didn't pursue it.

Teri, I hope your computer is OK. Stinkin' scammers!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022), Ozpom (05-29-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:12 AM   #67  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sorry about the bug bites, Kathy. I hate when that happens!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:32 AM   #68  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstampView Post
I'm just putting my feet up this afternoon for a bit. DH has gone with little man and DD2 to look at a fishing boat he might buy. A little one. Nothing too special.

I'm sitting here with all the emotions and feel like I could burst into tears any minute. Nothing pressing, just the heaviness of our world and lives.

DH and I did a lunch date. DD2 passed all her finals. Starts her job internship next week. We have a potluck with friends on Monday, so that will be nice.

I need to go and get some cauliflower parmesan ready for dinner.
Rebekah, that happens to me almost every day. Feelings hit, I cry when no one's looking, then I get back to work. I can't control it, but sometimes I can postpone it if I'm around other people. Sometimes it's just a cry inside my own head. Sounds weird, but my body reacts to stress differently!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:37 AM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs to Rebekah, Kathy for feeling a bit low today!!

I think everyone is these last few day with what happened in Texas. Prayers for all those families.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022), muscrat (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 09:04 AM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts
Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Hugs to Rebekah, Kathy for feeling a bit low today!!

I think everyone is these last few day with what happened in Texas. Prayers for all those families.
Yes, hugs to all! It has been a tough week for everyone with the news from Texas. It is just so unbelievable. As a mom and former 4th and 7th grade teacher, it really hits home. Lots of prayers for everyone in that community. I know, sometimes, I feel guilty just going about my everyday life, knowing of the suffering going on in our world. I thank God every day for even the smallest blessing. Definitely, lots of tears for those precious angels and their families.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), mcschmidty (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 11:38 AM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default hi

Hello
I was up late last night and today, focused on being productive. First, I wanted to get caught up on commenting and doing some blog visits-which I am really overdue on! Also getting colonoscopy scheduled. LOL Oh boy! I keep playing telephone tag with the office!
Then, will clean up in craft room- it is a HUGE mess! Needs TLC : )

Feeling better today, did eat a little something at lunchtime. I think the lunch I had when Stephi and I were out had soy or dairy in it- menu said it was Vegan, glad I did not eat it all. Ray polished it off and he felt just fine!

Kathy and Rebekah- I rarely cry tears- wish I could and feel close to it- especially with so many tragedies of late! At my daughters school, they found a girl in the bathroom unresponsive last Friday- she had OD'd and got her to the hospital in time thankfully! Last night, they had prom...... She did not get home until midnight and had to work today, that is why I have her pup here : )

Letterboxing- I learned about from Sharon (one of her scrapbook pages). You go online at Atlasquest.com , and you can put in your location and then people post clues to find the boxes. They are hidden. The boxes contain stamps- most hand carved, you stamp in your log book and if they have a log book, you stamp your stamp in their book. I hid my first box yesterday and have 2 more ready to go. Just need to get out on walks and find a great location for them.

OK- gotta get off her and get something done. Have been on hold with GI scheduler for 20 minutes now!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 11:49 AM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

So sad about the shootings in Texas, I never understand what makes people do these awful things. Can’t imagine what the parents are going through and the poor family who’s Mother was shot have now lost their Dad through a heart attack.

we’ve finally finished painting the villa, just have to go on the roof to paint my craft room. we had a phone call this afternoon, DHL delivered my passport to the house , it was supposed to be delivered to the delivery shop but for some me reason he came here, I'm thankful it’s arrived at last.

I can finally get to my craft room over the weekend to start the challenge, Steve has a football match to watch tomorrow and Sunday, tomorrow it’s the team from the town where we lived in England and Sunday Nottingham Forest are n the cup final at Wembley, Steve took our friend to the airport this morning as he flew to England As he has tickets for the game, the funny thing is Steve booked a table on Sunday evening as it’s our Anniversary, he forgot about the match, good job he has catch-up, 51 years LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022), shirlb19 (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #73  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, congrats on your anniversary!! And for being done painting the villa!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #74  
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Anniversary, Jan! Glad to hear the painting of the Villa is finished!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-27-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 01:40 PM   #75  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, when you say post your location, what do you mean? Do you post gps coordinates or describe the physical location? I'm just wondering how people pinpoint their Locations. If you just say it's in Smith Park, I would think that's too vague because Smith Park might be 4 acres. Just curious how it works.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-30-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 02:20 PM   #76  
Proud Fan Club Member

I created an account at atlasquest. I looked and we have 3-4 letterboxes at the lake near our home. They use good descriptions so I may not need a compass. Do you use one?
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-30-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 02:23 PM   #77  
Kookie Creator

I found a program to strip the malware and stop the annoying pop-up with sirens telling me I need to update my Norton virus blocker. That was the tip off for me--I don't have Norton virus blocker, so why should I update it? Ann, you are lucky to have sons with high tech expertise. I tend to think of myself as moderately skilled with tech stuff but every now and then it sneaks one in on me. I guess I was so curious to learn about the letterboxing that I just clicked on a home-made looking website without my usual caution. I'll be more careful in the future!

I don't know how much the Alpha sisters get into politics on this thread. I know it can be touchy. But, I, too, am saddened by these awful killings. I am sick of the "Send your thoughts and prayers" platitudes that always emanate from policy makers. I just grit my teeth and want to scream "Thoughts and prayers haven't done a thing to STOP the MADNESS." It always baffles me that Congress is so beholden to the NRA that they won't even fund research on gun violence. We don't even have good information to guide effective policy. Maybe in addition to prayers, individuals should be writing letters or sending emails to congress people and letting them know they support change. Give your ideas of what that change should look like. Passivity is not helping. I'm with you, Shelly, on the no tears. I'm stinking angry.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022), mcschmidty (05-29-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 03:19 PM   #78  
Proud Fan Club Member

For the most part, we don't get into politics here. This is our happy place. I've been to the political discussions here on scs. That can be almost as bad as the 6:00 news!

Teri, glad you got your computer issue figured out. I used to love technology and learning but the older I get the more I dread it. The last time i made a mistake and trusted something because I knew the sweet lady who sent it, I deleted a file. Luckily it was a useless file, but I learned a lesson. The sweet lady trusted the person who sent it to her! They were just innocent trusting ladies passing on something they thought was true.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 7 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (05-28-2022), cdimick (05-29-2022), jan31 (05-27-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022), mcschmidty (05-29-2022), Ozpom (05-29-2022), TeriJ (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 03:55 PM   #79  
Kookie Creator

Our happy place. I appreciate that. Thanks, Kathy.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022), mcschmidty (05-29-2022), muscrat (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 06:21 PM   #80  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

letterboxing: Kathy, you find a location, like a city , then you click on individual boxes for clues. They give very good clues, for the most part. It will say such and such park. Example: start in the parking lot, go south on trail, at first fir tree, turn left and look for large rock. Your box will be under the rock. I am just making that up, but those are the kinds of clues.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (05-28-2022), JRHolbrook (05-28-2022), mcschmidty (05-29-2022), muscrat (05-27-2022)