Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2022, 02:28 PM   #401  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

Can I ask favor Dr. Sonja, is have hip surgery. Would someone be willing to help me? Do the sketch card challenge this week. And make into a thinking of you card or a get well card for Dr. Sonja? And mail to her for me? I have her address too. I would like to posted the card in my gallery. You email me the card. when the information of the supplies used. I will post credit you in my gallery Thanks Linda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2022, 02:57 PM   #402  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Victoria!!!! So good to see you. I hope you are doing well.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 03:30 PM   #403  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Hi Victoria! Sammy's eye is much better. She still has the eye cream through Thursday. I bought her two things today. One was a cute ball with feathers, ribbons, and a bell attached and the other thing is a climbing toy that is carpeted and has a ball on a spring at the top. She loved it.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 08:51 PM   #404  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Hi Victoria , lovely to see you!

Jean good to see you back safe and sound, sounds like a busy trip.Hope you aren’t hobbling for too long, do you remember when you could do anything without suffering the next day haha.

I slept from 10 until 6.20 , can’t believe it, I’m not a night owl, never have been but I do have nights when I wake up and can’t get back to sleep, sometimes feel as if I haven’t even slept so I’m always happy if ai have a good night.

We have to wait in for the pool repair man, the filter is leaking so he’s been trying to get us a new one to fix it but they are hard to get at the moment,just what we need, they say things come in three’s so I’m hoping this is it!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 09:03 PM   #405  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hi

Sorry to all about my post late night yesterday- I was feeling anxiety about calls from both of my daughters and a friend from a previous bible study- all equally full of anxiety.... Our ancestors used to live with the focus in life of Gods judgement, and now adays, we live to Judge God!
Sorry to bring my feelings to this neutral thread!

My DD2 leaves for Columbia, South America early Thursday AM for a wedding. She will travel with friends, and I hope they have a great experience! We will be watching her crazy pup for a touch over 2 weeks while she is away. He arrives tomorrow. We are going to the city tomorrow night for the Broadway in Chicago play of My Fair Lady- I so love the music from this play!

Jean- fantastic that you and sis got out and did sight seeing! I never knew that Wisc had more lakes than Minnesota! And, if I saw a bear, I would probably.... soil my pants! LOL
My OB doc delivered babies at home- and he said it was in the days people used socks for coffee filters.....
Waving hello to Victoria!
Melodie- what will you do with the repurposed cabinet? Do you have to paint it or do anything to it?
Kathy- prayers for speedy healing!
Catherine- yes- you are so thoughtful- thinking of Kandie on her moving day!

It was an interesting day, working on some legal papers and also a family reunion on hubby's side. SIL will not plan on going- she does not have the strength to last many hours. I am thinking she will not want people to see her so skinny and looking so emaciated! She also does not want to deal with a brother who is not vaccinated..... He may never see her alive again.......

Oh aren't I uplifting??? My watercolor class Monday was about mixing primary colors to get dark colors and painting a vase in gray scale. It was really cool...... My friend has only worked in acrylics before and is really enjoying this class. We are working on my neighbor to see if she will sign up....LOL I told her I can give her little pans of color- so she would just have to buy the paper- which is not cheap either.... this teacher likes 300# Arches!

Sweet dreams ladies!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (06-29-2022), jan31 (06-29-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 04:19 AM   #406  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy how are you feeling, any better?

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 06:18 AM   #407  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 43 Likes on 8 Posts

Aloha everyone!!! And Mahalos for a warm welcoming!! I’ve missed you all very much!!
aww sis Kathy your so sweet and Sammy is one lucky kitty to have you for sure!I also hope you get to feeling better soon!! I got you in my prayers as always sis!!
And I have all my loving sistahs here as well in my thoughts and prayers as well wishes !!
(((sis Melody )))it’s still a day at a time !! All your prayers are still much needed and appreciated!! This year sure had been a hard one for sure!! Mahalos for asking .sounds like you got yourself a refurbishing project going on !! Have fun !!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 06:27 AM   #408  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good morning all! Well, happy day...good to hear from you again Sis Vicki!

Sorry, I've been MIA. I was at a retreat from June 21-26, with 15 ladies. It was fun and busy. I taught a card class, too. Unfortunately, I came home with a head cold, then I was down for 2 days with upset stomach and headache. I took a Covid test but it was negative. I've been sleeping and not eating for the last 2 days. Hopefully, I'm on the mend now.

I'm trying to go back and read all the chat I've missed!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
Old 06-29-2022, 08:23 AM   #409  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning from the girl who stays up too late and isn't smart enough to go to bed when she should! But, I did get my F card made and used today's sketch as well. I opened my Deco Foil duo transfer gel and used that to get my foil. I had purchased some cheap foil at Michaels but hadn't tried it, it works well.

Goodness, DD2 had to be at Michaels this morning at 4:00 AM! Yikes! That is so early in my opinion and the way she does it, it means she got up at 2:20 am! She is going to be tired but she has tomorrow off.

Melody, thanks for the ideas. The duo transfer gel worked quite well so no foiling machine needed. Of course, you can't do all the things with it that you can do with a machine. One of those pens might be fun to play around with.

What are you going to put in your new to you cabinet?

Wow, so marvelous to hear from you Vickster! Yay! I'm glad you found your way back....I hope you can visit a little more often now. You have been missed and I'm sorry to hear that things are still not the best. You and your family remain in my prayers.

Jean, welcome back! I hope you are feeling better today. I will have to look up that doctor, it sounds very interesting and right up my alley.

Kathy, so glad Sammy's eye is doing better. Those sound like fun toys. Wesley really likes to play with hair ties. I toss them for her and she chases them and sometimes bats them around without human involvement.

That sounds like a wonderful night's sleep, Jan. Sorry about your pool filter, I hope they were able to locate what they need to fix it.

Shelly, no worries! I just thought I might have missed something. Wow, a trip to Colombia, that is quite the destination for a wedding. Have fun dog watching!

A friend of mine is headed to England next month and was looking for someone to watch her house and cats for the last week because the person she has lined up can't stay the entire time. Forget the house, I want to go with her. She is going to tea at Highclere Castle and her DH is going to take a class on CS Lewis at Oxford!

Gracie, I'm sorry you've been sick. Praying you are on the mend.

Oops, there goes my alarm. I meet with an HVAC person today, hoping they can resolve our lack of AC issue in the new office space.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (06-29-2022), jan31 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #410  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning, still morning here!

Hello Victoria, so nice to hear from you!! Hoping you come back and stay awhile!

Jean, happy you are back safely! Sounds like a good trip but tiring!

Thinking of Shirl and Kandie today, hoping they are doing well.

Catherine, I don't know how your daughter does it getting up that early to go to work! Yuck!
Glad you are getting to see what is wrong with the AC, hopefully!

Melody, how big is the cabinet and what are you placing in it? Pictures??

Jan, sorry your pool has a leak, hope it gets fixed soon. Even chemicals for the pools are hard to get and very expensive here! We took down our little pool, kids are disappointed but it was becoming uneven, settled more on one side. Plus, insurance rates would go up if it remained up!

Have a good day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 09:34 AM   #411  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I will go back an read after I post this, as both Catherine and Jan have ask about Pickleball. Here is a quote off Wikipedia that explains better than I can. Pickleball is a racket/paddle sport that was created by combining elements of several other racket sports.[2] Two or four players use solid paddles to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net. The ball is much like a Wiffle ball,[3] with 26–40 round holes. A pickleball court is similar to badminton, with a net similar to tennis, and the paddles are similar to those in table tennis.
Hope this helps. A lot of seniors play it as they have it at senior centers. It is good for eye hand coordination. Of course I shouldn’t fall when playing like I did! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smadson:
Old 06-29-2022, 10:06 AM   #412  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,755 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Gracie, I'm sorry you're sick....NO FUN, NO FAIR!

Just posted a card for yesterday's tea party tickle, today's sketch and the last two WCW. Have the foil yet to do but it will be easy. I think I mentioned to a few of you that I had bought one of those Quill foiling pens but was having trouble using it, as in it didn't work at all. It came with a little roll of foil so I tried that, worked fine. So I guess I can only use it on their foil.....sigh. But I have other options too.

I slept my usual 12 hours after I get home from driving/vacation. I have no idea why I do that but it's tradition. I have never, ever been a night owl, I used to get up early to get homework done or practice my flute.

Speaking of babies, I was born at St Joe's hospital in Milwaukee, as were my siblings and many, many, many babies in this area. Turns out my ob/gyn for my kids was one of the premier baby doctors in the area. He had an office right next to the hospital and when one walked in and saw a waiting room of women, one knew that he was at the hospital, delivering. They even named a lecture hall for him. I heard that he was quite the curmudgeonly doctor back in the day but he was very nice to me. He told me once that I was the perfect patient because I did everything he told me to do.

Anxiety: my sister is plagued with it. I think it's partly from her job as an OT as she is always constantly concerned for her patient's safety when they go home. She sees danger at every turn. We drove to a restaurant called Little Bohemia, famous because John Dillinger and his gang escaped from there after being chased by the FBI in 1934...there are still bullet holes in the windows and walls. Anyway, on the way to the restaurant, within 5 minutes, she told Dale he should pull over because it was raining pretty hard, he was crossing the center line (no he wasn't, there were rumble strips) and then said 'you're not going to pass that car ahead of us, are you?' I mentioned it to Dale later, he said she's the worst backseat driver ever but he loves her for it. I would not be so patient with her, she drives me nuts with that stuff. She is always trying to stave off trouble but trouble seems to find her. They bought a new pontoon boat so we took many rides and she was constantly telling him he was getting too close to weeds or lily pads or the eagle nest or where the loons have a nest. It wears me out. And then when he'd park the boat, oh my.........she was a bundle of nerves. There's a weed bed right in front of their pier so he has to skirt that, which means he comes in crooked. Oh Lord, have mercy on us all. Both of my kids have extreme anxiety, Joe worse than Liz. Didn't get it from me, I'll tell you that.

My grand girlies are at a horse camp all week. They are staying at their grandpa Doug's and grandma Teresa's, as Teresa has a horse and it was her idea. So Liz and Scott have some breathing room.

I guess that's all for now....nice to hear from Vicki, nice to hear from all of you.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (06-29-2022), jan31 (06-29-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 11:34 AM   #413  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean, 12 hours sleeping and not getting up? Could never do that! I barely sleep 4 hours without a trip to the restroom!! Good for you!

Yes, that would drive me nuts too always worrying about things that are out of her control!

Glad you are back safe and sound!!

Gracie, hugs to you and hope you feel better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (06-29-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), mcschmidty (06-29-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 01:26 PM   #414  
Proud Fan Club Member

Im feeling much better than Sunday. Thanks for asking.

Sammy is napping. She has her paws together like she's praying. So cute.

Jayne, thanks for the postcard! I get to see places I will never see in person!

DH did some outside painting today but still lots to go. I tore off the wallpaper in the kitchen and we're prepping the walls to paint. The wallpaper has been on there for probably 20 years and was beginning to tear. We figured painting would be the easiest way to go. I may end up doing a border at the top or possibly some stenciling. I need another run to Walmart to pick up some more paint for outside and I need some plastic containers since I'm not putting my spice rack back up on the wall.
​​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (06-30-2022), jan31 (06-29-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), mcschmidty (06-29-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 01:28 PM   #415  
Proud Fan Club Member

Now I lay me down to sleep....
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-img_20220629_171455447%7E2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (06-30-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), mcschmidty (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 06:07 PM   #416  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

For those of you who asked, the shelf I got off the street is just a simple unit with 2 adjustable shelves. It's 42" high, 16" wide, and 11" deep. It's made out of particle board, so heavy as all get out. The backing piece was cracked across and in two pieces, so I glued a piece of chipboard on the outside and on the inside to hold it together. When I went to slide it back on in the groove, the inside piece got stuck against the base, so I needed to remove most of the thickness. I tried to peel off layers, but if you've ever tried to peel chipboard, it doesn't come off in layers. I figured out that if I used a damp cloth to dampen it, I could rub off as much as I needed and make it fit. The repair, however was the color of chipboard, so I just coated it over with black acrylic paint, which you can see in the picture.

I have my completed cards in these clear boxes, but they were stacked four high, so not easy to access. I wanted to move them to my big bookshelf, which is what I've been doing. Had to clean out the bookshelf first. I still have one shelf to go. But I have more boxes than will fit in the bookshelf, so the plan is to put the extras in my new little black shelf. I will need to adjust the height of the shelves, but I'll wait until I'm ready to move that into place. Need to move another 'thing' out first.

I think if I could find another shelf to fit the black unit, I could utilize the space better. Maybe DH could cut me something.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-img_0103.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-img_0104.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (06-30-2022), jan31 (06-29-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 09:44 PM   #417  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gracie sorry to hear you’re not well, hope you soon feel better.

Sharon thanks for the explanation on pickleball, sounds fun,I used to play badminton with a steve but he’s too competitive, no such thing as a fun game, he always has to smash it everywhere, our sons are just the same!

well we had the pool filter fixed, they came around late afternoon, since he tried to fix the leak by tightening the fixings the small leak became one that needed a bucket, only took an hour as they decided they could lift out the sand filter without emptying the sand out, honestly the two of them did it with a lot of groaning, the man who helps is from the Ukraine and is massive, doesn’t speak English yet speaks Spanish! Well €520 later! It’s fixed and hopefully we can switch it back on this morning.

we’re having a trip to IKEA to buy new chair cushions, it’s an hours drive but we might have lunch there, haha what excitement!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-30-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 10:46 PM   #418  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hi,
Oh Kathy- that kitty is as sweet as can be! Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Gracie- feel better soon! Hope it gets better each day!
Jan- lots of work- have a blast at Ikea! The closest one to us is about 45 minutes away.
Melodie- that is a ton of cards!!! Love your new cabinet too!
Jean- I am such a bad backseat driver! However, I had to have neck surgery as the result of a car accident, so my fear is getting rear-ended! I don't know how my husband gets anywhere without me in the car : ) LOL
Jayne- got your postcard! : ) Thanks- how fun!

Its a busy week and I am looking forward to the weekend : ) We are going to a Cubs game on Friday and will probably ask my sisters over for a 4th cookout : )

Tomorrow is Book Club and its not until 5PM, so have all day to get something accomplished....probably cards : )

Katie is heading to the airport at 3AM from our house and will get a ride from a friends dad- I will pick them up with they return on the 14th. She has one friend going on her flight tonight (who is the Maid of Honor) and 2 more coming to meet them later in the week. The wedding is on the 4th.

My Fair Lady was good- 2nd half better than the 1st, and the singing was fabulous! The scene with the song, "I'm getting Married in the Morning' was awesome!

Hubby got a call while we were there that his sister is not doing well and may be admitted to the hospital later this week. She just finished radiation and is having side effects from that, and her cancer too probably.
Katie got a message tonight that one of the kids she babysat on Sunday (her cousins kids) for the wedding adventure.. is Covid positive....uggggg He was not acting sick while she was babysitting....

I got a book from the library about stamp carving and I have been carving away and trying to learn more about it.

I had better get some shut eye- the time flies once it hits midnight! We got home from the play at Midnight, and my daughter dropped a jar of home made Kombucha on the front porch and it broke and shattered- glass everywhere, and the smell of it is - fermented and vinegar..... cleaned it up as well as we could, will work on it more tomorrow! Will have to keep the pup away from the front door tomorrow!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (06-30-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 08:19 AM   #419  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It finally cooled off enough last night that we were able to open the house for the night rather than AC. Yay! I'll take any break I can get. I see from my UPS informed delivery email that I should have a postcard from Jayne in my mailbox later today. Yay, thank you, Jayne!

Yesterday, DD2 came down to the church after her full 8 hour shift at Michaels - that started at 4 am so she got up at 2:20 am - to finish up some stuff with VBS. I met her at the smog shop so the Camry could be smog tested and finished with registration for this year. When she was done, and the Camry was ready, I was done at work so I followed her home. I'm not sure what time she went to sleep but she took probably a four hour nap. We had just decided to let her sleep through the night and, a few minutes later, here she was! I'm not sure what woke her up. Thankfully, both girls have today off.

Thursday is usually date night but we have a meeting tonight that we must attend so DH and I had a low key date night at home last night as DD2 was asleep and DD1 wasn't home yet. He popped into town and got some food, brought it home, and we watched the original Top Gun as it has been years and I didn't remember details about it.

As for the AC at work, it is low on refrigerant which then causes it to freeze over when it is trying to keep up with the triple digits. They had to come back today because they needed it to thaw to see if there is more wrong with it. Yikes!

Ann, I'm sorry you had to take your pool down but definitely understand not wanting insurance costs to increase! My brother had an above ground pool at his current house and we happened to be visiting when it broke. Fortunately, the water rushed around the house and didn't bother the house at all. That was an interesting visit!

Sharon, thanks for the explanation on pickleball. Suddenly it seems like I'm hearing about it everywhere and had never heard of it before this year, I don't think.

Jean, that is good to know about the Quill foil pen, thank you! And wow, your sister is married to the right guy. I'm pretty sure my DH wouldn't put up with all that back seat driving though maybe if he understood it was caused by high anxiety. He doesn't like it when we back seat drive him!

Wow, slept for 12 hours?! What is that like?!

Kathy, so glad you are feeling better. Oh my goodness, that photo of Sammy! She is adorable!

Melody, I'm sure your DH could cut a shelf to fit your new unit. Do you have your different types of cards in their own box? I love your card storage, that is fabulous. I keep mine in photo boxes but your boxes look like a better fit for A2 cards.

Jan, yay for the filter being fixed. I love to visit Ikea as does DD1. DD2 doesn't like to go there with us because we always want to walk all through the store, not just go look at what we came for. We used to be about 20 minutes away from one but we moved so now it is about 45 minutes.

Shelly, we love My Fair Lady. What fun to go see it! Now you make me curious about what our library might have on stamp carving....no, I will not look. I have too many projects I need to get done before investigating something new!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (06-30-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), mcschmidty (06-30-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 09:44 AM   #420  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!

Kathy, Sammy is adorable! And yes she does look like she is praying! Glad you are feeling better.

Thinking of Shirl and Gracie, hope they are both on the mend!

Shelly, prayers for your SIL! Yuck to having to clean up that mess! Hope your daughters dog does not bite into any of your furniture!!

Jan, hooray for the pool being fixed!

Melody, fabulous organization of all of your cards! I have so many cards stored under my table in photo boxes. They have not seen the light of day, I really need to donate them to some place!

Off to finish chores! Have a good day all, stay cool!! It's 90 degrees here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (06-30-2022), mcschmidty (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 11:13 AM   #421  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Thanks for the get well wishes. I think the older I get, the longer it takes to recover, but I know I'll get there. Tired and headaches, still linger. My DS and her DH are coming to visit Friday night. Hopefully, I'll be much better then.

I'm going to try spend a bit of time in my craft room.

Great organization Melody! Wow, all those cards! Way to repurpose that old book shelf, too.

Ann, Jean, Catherine, Shelly, Kathy, Jan, Sharon, Shirl, and everyone...I've skimmed over all the chat that I've missed...and, that was a lot!!! Everyone sounds so busy and productive! Summer is flying by! HUGS to all of you! Thinking of Kandie and her move, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (07-01-2022), mcschmidty (06-30-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 12:00 PM   #422  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,

I am worried about Dr. Sonja. I have heard anything at all We are about fire my care giver. She been late several times. Or dose show up all. She dose a good job. when she dose work. But, she not very friendly. I can understand her. But my dad can't And she get on the phone and watches video and talk on phone in Nigeria Language. I don't clue what she saying. You think she would talk me visit with me eat lunch and such. But no she on the phone. I just don't think she good good fit. It been two there week now. She late or dose not come at all! Anyway I hope my days get better.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by hotwheels:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), mcschmidty (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 11:38 PM   #423  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hi,
Linda- Hip replacement is a big surgery, Dr Sonja just had surgery Tuesday, right??? I will keep her in prayers- maybe say a prayer for her for speedy healing when you think of her : ) I am sorry your caregiver is not working out. I am wondering if you should start another thread where people can help you out with cards- I can help every now and then, but too busy to commit to a weekly card- need to work on Design Team cards and DTGD samples- that is coming up in July : )

Catherine- what does your daughter do at 4am in the morning??? That is so early to have to go to work! The best part of the play- the singing- 2 of the actors/actresses had the most incredible voices! I have not been anywhere that I had to wear a mask for 3 hours for a long time.....!

Gracie- I am with you- I take longer to feel better in the past year than ever before : )

Ann- hope you are staying cool there- that is one hot day!

My SIL is not doing so well this week- I spoke with her friend she is living with- neither SIL or her friend are looking at this as an end of life time..... They are working on trying to get her admitted into a rehab facility..... for more nursing attention and PT and all...... if they can, we will cook out Sunday, if not, Ray will go over on Sunday so her friend can have her outing...... I am thinking I will need to go along as well. It is stressful for hubby : ) He is a dear!

DTGD will be for all this year- so non- fan club members can join in as well..... Hope lots of people join in!

Waving hello to all- and Happy Canada Day to Shirl and Annette!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 01:41 AM   #424  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine Steve really hates IKea,he went straight to the cushions and then took the short cut to the check out,took them to the car and then we went back in for lunch. We had prawn and egg salad, salmon,lentils and peas and strawberry cheesecake and free coffee, the waiter gave us extra salmon which was too much for me it Steve finished it! Never any wasted food in this house .

so I thought I had some heat set foil, I looked on YouTube and tried it this morning, didn’t work, tried it with the heat gun and it started to melt so now I’m not sure what it is!!! I’ve had it for years but me being me took the label off so not sure what it’s called, I also found some foil pieces, in fact I have quite a few things that I’m not sure what they are used for!
TH has a lot to answer for.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-01-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 05:31 AM   #425  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jan, love your line "TH has a lot to answer for" I was giggling!! Thanks for a smile this morning!

Linda, that is a good idea of Shelly's to start a new thread for help. I am sure Dr. Sonja needs time to heal, that is a big surgery.

Thinking of Shirl and hoping she is doing better! I bet Kandie is arranging her craft space and going through boxes!

Shelly, prayers for your SIL!
Have a good day al!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (07-01-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 06:21 AM   #426  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This morning, I finally woke up without a headache! Hurray! I hope Shirl is feeling better too. How's your foot doing, Ann. What a nuisance...we sure don't heal like we used to!

Jan, that was a good one! "TH has a lot to answer for." I'm with Ann, it gave me a chuckle this morning! And, wow, Steve and I could never shop together...I'm a browser and look at everything!

Linda, I'm sorry you’re having trouble with care givers. What a major dilemma. Also, I think Ann and Shelly's idea is a good one to "start another thread where people can help you out with cards." I can't even keep up with my own. Praying for Dr. Sonja.

Shelly, so sorry to hear about Ray's sister. That's really nice of you to help out on Sunday. Life sure gets challenging sometimes! You are one busy lady!!!

Catherine, I'm amazed at all you did for VBS with your DD2! Wow, the church must treasure your family! What a great experience for those children.

I'm going to go visit my mom today since I finally feel better. Take care all and have a great day...can you believe it's July 1st? Wow
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (07-01-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:28 AM   #427  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning, ladies. I’m finally back.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 7 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), gutsport56 (07-02-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022), smadson (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:30 AM   #428  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello and welcome back, Kandie!!!!!!!!!! So good to hear from you!!

How is the unpacking going?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:33 AM   #429  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Ann. All the boxes and all the tubs are emptied, but now stuff is all over the floor! I visited the local home improvement store yesterday and got metal wall tracks, brackets and shelves for the craft room so I can get organized and quit tripping over everything. On the whole, I think I’m about done!

Hows that foot of yours?

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (07-05-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), muscrat (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:34 AM   #430  
Proud Fan Club Member

Having a bum day today, missing DH, so I figured it was time to get back on and see my friends.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (07-05-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:34 AM   #431  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, so glad you are able to get organized!! How is Dusty doing with the move?

My foot is about the same, hurts with different movements but at least I can walk on it! I am wearing high top shoes to protect the foot!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:53 AM   #432  
Proud Fan Club Member

Surprisingly Dusty is doing well. She has a little difficulty with the elevator, since we are on the third floor. I have a suspicion now that her original owners kept her crated as a puppy, because she walks in continuous circles in the elevator. But once the doors open she tears down the hall to our door and since I’m holding her lease I have to run too! She seems to love that long hall, lol. And she likes all the smells of the other dogs in the little dog park area behind the building. She hasn’t puttered around on a leash like that in years.

High tops? That I’d like to see!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #433  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Good morning, Kandie! So good to see you typing on here! Fun to read how Dusty is doing. Just take it easy; don't try to do everything at once. Still praying for you.

Gracie, glad to hear you are doing well enough to go see your mom.
My page has started over, so I need to go back a page and catch up.
It is hot here again. The first of the week we had a few days not quite so hot. But back again to the heat! So, I am in my craft room. I stamped insides of the Christmas cards I have made so far. I only have 17, so must get busy on making more. My craft room is a mess not because I don't pick up, just because I have so much. I think I would feel more creative if I got rid of some of it! LOL
New month so will scrap today. Then after reaching that goal, I will start on the cards for my card class. Since it is a holiday the first Monday, I have set it for the 11th or second Monday this month. It is difficult for me to think of simple ideas for the ladies, and that doesn't involve me taking a lot of tools with me! LOL
Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), Kemernow (07-01-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 10:20 AM   #434  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Welcome back, Kandie.

Sharon, look for ideas in cards made for CAS challenges. You will find a lot of simple cards.

Jan, there are foil sheets that you use with glue. (or a product called heat & stick, if you have it). Basically, you let the glue partially dry, then press the back side of the foil onto the glue and rub well; the foil will transfer onto the sticky glue. That may be what you have.

DH was out trimming bushes this morning. We have a neighbor that gets nasty if our bushes hang out into their drive.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), Kemernow (07-01-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 11:17 AM   #435  
Stazon Splitcoast

mcschmidty;22182346]Hi,
Hello there,

What your ideal on the card help? Where would I posted what thread? I have one several year ago. I hope to do the DTGD challenge but, were waiting see what happened. Thanks Linda

Linda- Hip replacement is a big surgery, Dr Sonja just had surgery Tuesday, right??? I will keep her in prayers- maybe say a prayer for her for speedy healing when you think of her : ) I am sorry your caregiver is not working out. I am wondering if you should start another thread where people can help you out with cards- I can help every now and then, but too busy to commit to a weekly card- need to work on Design Team cards and DTGD samples- that is coming up in July : )

Catherine- what does your daughter do at 4am in the morning??? That is so early to have to go to work! The best part of the play- the singing- 2 of the actors/actresses had the most incredible voices! I have not been anywhere that I had to wear a mask for 3 hours for a long time.....!

Gracie- I am with you- I take longer to feel better in the past year than ever before : )

Ann- hope you are staying cool there- that is one hot day!

My SIL is not doing so well this week- I spoke with her friend she is living with- neither SIL or her friend are looking at this as an end of life time..... They are working on trying to get her admitted into a rehab facility..... for more nursing attention and PT and all...... if they can, we will cook out Sunday, if not, Ray will go over on Sunday so her friend can have her outing...... I am thinking I will need to go along as well. It is stressful for hubby : ) He is a dear!

DTGD will be for all this year- so non- fan club members can join in as well..... Hope lots of people join in!

Waving hello to all- and Happy Canada Day to Shirl and Annette!

Shelly[/QUOTE]

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by hotwheels:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), Kemernow (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 11:21 AM   #436  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Kindle,

Good to see you! I hope thing smoothing out for you and you like you new apart. Have get her craft room done yet? Can we help you with anything! Hugs Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by hotwheels:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), Kemernow (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #437  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you for welcomes!

I finally got the curtains up. I had forgotten windows are framed in under drywall and couldn’t get my little drill to go through the heavier wood, so had to order wider curtain rods. Now I have holes to patch.

It is pouring outside. Fun to see it coming down from the balcony.

So far I’m loving this small apartment. I’m having a sad day today though, so immersing in doing more unpacking and possibly putting up shelves in the craft room is helping. I can see the top of the table now, but still not the floor, and yes, I’m stepping on everything and apologizing to inanimate objects. My storage area is nearly full already. Why do we buy so much craft stuff?

I shall have to read back a few pages to catch up!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #438  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,755 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Give me a K....give me an A....give me an N....give me a D.....give me an I....give me an E.....whaddaya got?????? KANDIE!!!!! Yay to see you back. Thinking of you all the time.

Linda, I'm sorry about your caregiver....and thinking of Sonja too.
Shelly, I'm so sorry about your SIL....man....thinking of your husband. He is a dear.
Gracie, I'm glad you feel some better. Who would think we'd get that kind of crud in the summer? And now we have monkeypox in Wisconsin...1 case. Out of the frying pan and back into the frying pan....still in the frying pan.
Kathy, glad you're on the mend. Hope Shirl is ok.
Ann, my secret weapon for sleep....a cpap machine. Once I started using that, I didn't wake up to go to the bathroom. I wish I didn't have to use it but it does help the sleep.

When I worked at Target, I started at 4 or 430. That's when the floor stocking happens...and unloading a truck....I only chose to do that because it was the same schedule everyday, I could get into a routine. Didn't want to work at night. And we got shift pay for coming in early. I even worked overnights one holiday season....once was enough, I'm not equipped biologically to do that.

I'm getting married in the morning.... no, I'm not, I just felt like breaking into song. I would love to see MFL on the stage. What fun!!!!!! And the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain (right, Jan?)

Nothing going on here for the holiday weekend. i lay low for July 4...not a favorite of mine. I'm grate- ful to live in this country but not u rah rah about it. When I went to grocery shop this morning, I forgot that the village lowers the speed limit to 25 on the road when the parade happens on the 3rd. Fortunately I didn't have to drive much of it. It's a four lane road with a boulevard in the middle, very busy. I try to stay away as people can set up their spots starting tomorrow. People would drag couches and build things for viewing the parade, not allowed any longer. And it's really a nothing parade. Generally no bands. I guess I'm a July 4 curmudgeon.

Have a good holiday weekend. Happy Canada Day to Annette and Shirl.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (07-01-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), Kemernow (07-02-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 03:51 PM   #439  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Hi Ann and all!

Dh and I are still feeling the effects of covid! It has been two weeks since we felt it. Zero energy. We both just tested ourselves and it said negative. So, at least that is a relief but when will we feel good again is the question. I also do not have an appetite and not much taste either. This is not fun.

Happy to see Kandie has joined in again.

And Victoria, so good to hear from you too!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 7 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (07-05-2022), jan31 (07-01-2022), jkanack (07-04-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), Kemernow (07-02-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 04:19 PM   #440  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I got busy right away this morning and didn't stop and check in here. I've been busy working on the house all day, house and laundry....such a fun day! Well, productive anyway.

Yay, so happy to pop on here and see posts from Kandie! Yay, welcome back, Kandie!

And a post from Shirl! Sorry you are still not feeling the best, Shirl, glad to see you post though.

Happy Canada Day!

Yay that you are feeling better, Gracie!

Linda, sorry about your struggles finding a good care-giver. Praying that is resolved soon.

Shelly, sometimes the truck is coming in that early. Other times they are working on SISO (bringing things in from overstock and putting in for sale, I think), shelf resets, various things that it is better to do when customers aren't there.

Jan, Steve and DD2 would be perfect shopping mates at Ikea! She doesn't like going there with DD1 and I.

You can add me to the list of those who got a chuckle from your line that TH has a lot to answer for! LOL

Sending you big hugs, Kandie, you continue to be in my prayers. So glad Dusty is doing well with the move. Goodness, taking her out for potty breaks must be challenging.

I must go get ready to go practice music with DD1 and her music team so chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (07-05-2022), JRHolbrook (07-03-2022), Kemernow (07-02-2022), mcschmidty (07-01-2022), Ozpom (07-07-2022)