Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #321  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! It was a HOT one yesterday. I had to turn on the AC - was hoping to avoid that but it just wasn't possible. DD1 had a horrendous day at work yesterday, just crazy busy all day long. I told her that helps the day go by more quickly but she wasn't buying it. It was an 8 hour shift.

We were going to grill burgers (veggie, that is) for dinner when she got home but the grill wouldn't fire up. DH thinks he'll figure out what the problem is (I'm sure he will) but we ended up cooking inside the house. I hope he figures it out, I love having a grill.

Kathy, please be careful of your back and enjoy that adorable little kitty!

Shirl, I'm glad the rinse helped with your tooth. I hope it is OK. Perhaps it has become a sensitive tooth? Yes, crowns are expensive. I broke my front teeth when I was in second grade, so my front teeth have been crowns most of my life.

Gracie, 74 sounds wonderful! I'm glad you were able to connect with your family and hoping the new internet is much more reliable!

Hello, Jayne! Glad you popped on!

Shelly, it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend and that your hubby is converted to RV life. Yes, do more research. I remember that after my parents purchased their huge motorhome, Bounder came out with the "basement" model which has so much storage. It was lovely but they were already committed to what they had and they enjoyed it for a number of years.

Jan, yuck to flying ants. I would be out there with you spraying! I hope you get all the areas sealed and hope you are feeling better.

Jean, I'm glad you were able to go to a service for Memorial Day. It sounds like you had a lovely time with family. Yes, things are ramping back up - I didn't miss the traffic but it is back! (I think some people forgot how to drive while they were staying at home!)

Ann, I don't know if you are checking the thread, but know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Well, it is off to work for me. Chat with you later!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 10:51 AM   #322  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Afternoon everyone! Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers for myself and my sons.

It's been difficult these last few days, hard for me to be in my craft room, since Iris was usually with me when I was crafting. Forced myself to sit and water color a few cards yesterday.

Athena is not the same, she stares outside, wonders around and sniffs things. They were sisters, and together always. Athena used to cry every time Iris went outside without her. Difficult to look at those sad eyes and she seems to be in depression without her sister.

We move forward and are trying to stay busy. Hugs to all of you and again my thanks for all your well wishes and prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 12:43 PM   #323  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!

Tomorrow's letter is "E" and the technique is embossing!!

Keywords: ABC15E5, ABC15, and your personal keyword if using one!

Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021), smadson (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 06:38 PM   #324  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, so glad you popped on to say hello. I was wondering how Athena was doing. When Honey was missing, Wesley seemed a little lost - and Honey mostly ignores her.

Hugs to you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021), Ozpom (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 06:58 PM   #325  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Just popping in. It is super hot here and we are waiting till about 8:30 p.m. to go out for a walk.

Thanks for all the concern over my tooth. It seems to have gone away, thank goodness.

Jan- flying ants! I would be obsessed too to be rid of them.

I got obsessed with cleaning all the various insects/bugs out of the romaine we got. Paul does not use pesticides, so I had to kill everything with my bare hands, lol.....

Jean you will need some down time for sure. I heard that covid times were an introvert's "living the dream", all these past months.

Aw, Ann feel so bad for you and for Athena. Glad you popped in and your card with the bluebird is gorgeous.

Shelly, you certainly did have a full weekend. Glad you enjoyed it all.

Dh got our a/c working this morning. Just a matter of hooking the tubes to sit in the window. The main part is on our floor in the bedroom, which for the rest of the year I just run the fan on it for white noise, to block out a certain someone's snoring!

Gracie hope your internet will be good!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 05:06 AM   #326  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 745 Likes on 356 Posts

I'm just popping in too. Busy$ weekend. Our furnace stopped pumping out heat (of course after we put in our bedroom AC).....new stuff $1100.00, DH broke a back tooth.......crown$$, new fence put in, $3900.00. ISN'T IT NICE WE SAVED ALL OUR LIVES.

Results of headache.........xrays and MRIs, consultations, it's my brain aneurysm. Still inoperable, have to live with whatever goes with it. The headache has been 3 weeks now, but on a migraine scale (which I have had since I was 6) of 10, it's only about a 4. I can still function, so it's okay. Family is again worried, but I remind everyone you don't come into the world with any guarantees stapled to your bellybutton. You get what you get.

On a brighter note, today is going to be a really good day. #3 grandson, Tom, our pre-med student, is coming to stay for a few days!!! Now that he's 21 we can toake him to our favorite watering hole for lunch. He's a big reader, and collects the Barnes & Noble Classics in leather, so of course we'll go and get some more on his list.

He's also a big graphic novel fan. We have two stores that specialize in them, so we'll go there too. I love to have the kids one at a time and treat them to whatever they want.

We'll also go to the grocery to get snacks he likes - things I don't ordinarily buy.

Had a call this morning from our granddaughter Erin, who wishes SHE was coming to Camp Grandma too!

Had fun making my card for SC and ABC today. As I was watching the news this AM, it occurred to me that I had some core-dinations somewhere. Got up right awayand surprise! found it!

That's it for now. Kathy, Dean is darling. I would SO like another kitty, but putting down our last one got to us.

Hope yo u all have a great day. I'm so looking forward to ours!!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jdmommy:
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021), Ozpom (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #327  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Heat wave is coming!! I already turned on the air this morning as the humidity is rising! Better to have it on when it doesn't have to work as hard to get to temperature then to try when it's going to be in the 90's in the next few days!

Crazy weather, had heat on just days ago with only the 30's at night!

Oh Anne, that is horrible that you get migraines! You are such a fantastic grandma!! I want to be your granddaughter too! LOL!!

Shirl, glad your tooth is better. Like back aches a tooth ache just makes you feel bad all over!

Athena ate this morning, only because I gave her some chicken in with her food! No knocking around her bowl when it's human food in it. She continues to be a bit out of it, stares a lot out the door.

Have a good day everyone! Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (06-02-2021), Ozpom (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 07:58 AM   #328  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,755 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Ann, I feel your pain. I've never gotten over Barney and that was 30 years ago. My brother just had another dog cross the bridge. I think that was #9 since he and Judy were married. I don't know how they do it but God bless them.

I've always been lucky with my teeth but I will say I do sometimes have some sensitivity in cold weather. But I love cold drinks and foods and they never bother me. Glad your tooth feels better, Shirl.

Yay on better lab work results. As I eat another piece of banana bread, I know I have to start taking better care of myself. I'm going to start taking Turmeric for inflammation and then maybe I can walk more. Darn knees and Achilles.

Happy anniversary, Jan.

Heat wave out west...yikes. We're warming up again but have had some lovely days...the weekend was wonderful.

My good friend Diane really struggled during the pandemic as she likes to be busy busy busy. She is ramping up her busy-ness and extending that to me, so I have to really pace myself and not get sucked into doing a lot of stuff. So hard to decide what to do and not to do.

Last night I had dinner with a few work friends. A man who was just leaving the restaurant told our waiter than he would pay $100 toward our dinners...no clue who he is. Wasn't that a nice surprise???? Of course we were all 7 gorgeous women so who wouldn't do that??!!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 08:03 AM   #329  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 318 Likes on 123 Posts

Howdy Ladies,
As usual I am behind on the challenges again. I just posted, Letter C for coloring on the posting thread. I have been out of commission for a while due to not being able to stand my back, or my back not letting me stand. Like everyone else, I am now paying for all of our foolishness when we were young: car accidents, cartwheels, being a tomboy, etc. Nothing serious (I think) just pain when weather, seasons, etc. change. Have been having thunderstorms so computer goes off...
I will catch up on commenting and posting as soon as I can. I miss crafting and visiting with everyone...hope all is great here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2021, 08:06 AM   #330  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good hot morning to you all! So thankful for functioning AC. Honey got a hair cut yesterday so she is back to looking like an adorable little puppy even thought she is a senior dog. We got her hair cut a day late as Monday was the hottest day this week. I'm sure she is thankful to have short hair again.

Today I need to run by the girls' former school on my way to work to drop off a little gift for two of their former teachers who aren't going to be teaching there next year. Such a huge loss for the school.

We are only a couple of days away from the end of the school year. I can't believe it!

So glad your tooth isn't bothering you any longer, Shirl. I'd be obsessed with getting rid of the bugs too!

Anne, sorry you are getting so many big repair bill hits...and yes, it is nice you saved all your lives! Good for you.

I'm also sorry about your headache, that is the pits.

What a fun grandma you are! I'm with Ann, I want to be adopted. And my DD1 would love to be adopted by someone who would support her book habit. She is collecting those classics at B&N too! Now I need to go check out your E card.

Ann, yuck to humidity! I can't stand it. Glad that Athena ate....hugs to you both!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2021, 08:31 AM   #331  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Yay...our new internet Bevcomm seems to be 1,000 times better than the worst internet I've ever had: HughesNet. Crossing my fingers.

Anne, so sorry you have to deal with those headaches! That's rough. Hugs!

Ann, I'm sure Athena is missing Iris too. I don't know what Sadie, who has high anxiety, will do when Jenny passes. She is so attached to Jenny. I still think about all my past buddies (cats and dogs). They all are so unique! Hugs to you and Athena!

Jean, that was so cool that the man paid $100 toward your meal! He obviously enjoyed watching you 7 gorgeous women!

It is suppose to get hot and humid by the weekend...90's! Crazy up and down temperatures!

My DIL and 3 GD's are coming to stay Sunday through Monday. Yay!

DH turned 70 today. We had a family party on Sunday and gave him a Blackstone Griddle outdoor cooking grill! He loves it. I'm so lucky that he took up cooking as a hobby after retiring...my waistband definitely shows it! LOL

Shirl, so glad your tooth is better.

Well, I'm reorganizing my craftroom and want to make some cards, so I'd better get moving. I also need to look at the gallery later...I haven't commented in a long time! Bad!

Hugs to all, Catherine, Jan, Jane, Sharon, Kathy, Kandie, Vicky, Sally...and anyone else checking in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #332  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Gracie happy birthday to your DH.

Ann poor Athena must be looking for Iris, I still miss Sam after thirty years, I still have his collar in my craft room, still makes me cry if I see it. he always preferred our food to his dog food, he loved spag Bol but he had long hair so we had to wash his face as he ended up with an orange beard.

hot weather today after the torrential rain yesterday and hail, I’m still drying my walking shoes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2021, 10:22 AM   #333  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

I'm sitting in my recliner with my foot on the hot water bottle. I think I have plantar fasciitis had to use my came last night a lot. Dad went to bed way to early last night. I told Mom it was too early but she insisted. I don't think she slept a lot last night. And I can tell you I did not sleep at all last night. Too much pain even with my meds. Can I have the living room floor for a while finally got up. Just watched YouTube videos since I couldn't sleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #334  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy sounds painful. What is it,? Steve once had a planter wart and had to have it cut out in the hospital.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2021, 02:02 PM   #335  
Proud Fan Club Member

It's a tendon in the foot. it causes pain in the heel so bad I had to use a cane last night. It also causes pain in the part of the foot near !y toes. That feels like I'm walking on a golf ball.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #336  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, sending you big hugs to feel better!

Thank you for the comment on my bee card!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 03:10 PM   #337  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Kathy, sending you big hugs to feel better!

Thank you for the comment on my bee card!
that card was awesome! You are so talented!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #338  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Kathy, I hope your foot heals quickly. I had that last fall and had to wear a brace to bed. Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #339  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Happy birthday to Tom and.....

Hapoy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Annetteeeeeeee, happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray enjoy your special day.

I’m getting in early. Have fun everyone and wishing those who have ailments a speedy recovery.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Ozpom:
AnnetteMac (06-03-2021), gutsport56 (06-05-2021), JRHolbrook (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 06:25 PM   #340  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean, what a wonderful surprise to have someone pay $100 toward your meal!

Sally and Kathy, I'm sorry you two are dealing with such pain. Sally, it sounds like you are better. Kathy, I hope you find relief.

Yay, Gracie! So wonderful that your internet is so much better! And happy birthday to your DH! Yes, that is awesome that he took up cooking as a hobby in his retirement.

Now I have to go check out Ann's bee card!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 06:35 PM   #341  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful comments on my fuzzy bee!!

Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 07:56 PM   #342  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy I hope you foot soon heels, sounds similar to what steve had two weeks ago from standing for four hours, his was under his toes and all down on side of his foot, all you can do is rest it, according to mr google! Ha.ha,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 06:43 AM   #343  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Did not sleep well, up 4 times to use the restroom! Sure is a short night! Maybe a nap is needed today.

Athena greeted me and wants to eat this morning! She knows their is roasted chicken in the frig!

Kathy, hope your foot is better today! That new kitten is so darn cute and I love the name. My sons were so into that show. One even did a portrait for art class of the two Winchester guys.

Jan, hope you have gotten rid of those flying bugs! I hate bugs! Have to spray to for them around the house.

Have a good day everyone! Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 07:58 AM   #344  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! All is quiet here though I did just get to see DD2 and hug her (usually she doesn't get up until after I've left for work - the beauty of home schooling). She was up because Wesley was being annoying and woke her up. Naughty Wesley! And sweet little Honey is asleep on the couch, DH is working at the dining room table, and DD1 is already at work.

Happy birthday, Annette! I hope your day is marvelous and filled with blessings!

Kathy, I hope your foot is feeling better and doesn't take too long to heal.

Ann, sorry you had a bad night. I hate when that happens. I actually took a nap yesterday when I got home from work, I was just too tired.

Yay that Athena wanted to eat!

Kandie said to tell everyone hello and that she misses you. She has been busy working on the house etc.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 08:43 AM   #345  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday Annette!!! Enjoy your day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 08:46 AM   #346  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Happy birthday Annette.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 11:13 AM   #347  
Proud Fan Club Member

From what I'm reading, plantar fasciitis could take months to heal. No pun intended! (heel)

Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #348  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Yes, Kathy. I have that. I had to start wearing shoes at home, which I hate. And I had to buy some with better arch support. I can go awhile without, but then the pain will start up again, so I do so sparingly.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #349  
Proud Fan Club Member

I hate shoes! So I know that's part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #350  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Thank you for the birthday wishes! i just finished reading 3 pages of comments and now can't remember it all.
The talk about rhubarb made me want some. I have some in the freezer but baking will have to wait as it is too hot here right now.
Ann, glad Athena is willing to eat. Farley was lost withour Reggie and she picked on him all the time. Sorry you had a rough night.
Jan, I hope you are feeling better and got the ant problem sorted out. I hate flying ants!
Kathy, sorry you are in pain. That new kittenis adorable!
Shelly, glad you had a good weekend trip.
Gracie, sorry about your father in law.
Anne, sorry to hear about your headaches but I love your positive outlook.
Catherine, congratulate your daughter on her graduation.
Jean, what a great surprise! Those random acts of kindness are always the best.
Don't know what else I've read. To anyone I've missed, I'm thinking of you.
Have a wonderful evening all and sleep well. Jayne, have a great day!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 05:33 PM   #351  
Proud Fan Club Member

I meant to come on here before now to wish you a Happy Birthday, Annette! We had two very hot days and today was a tad cooler.

Hope your day is a wonderful day inspite of the heat!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-04-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #352  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Annette, sorry I’m late, hope you had a lovely day, I really need to bring a birthday list downstairs, since I haven’t been in my craft room I miss them!

so last night the ants were coming through the top of the frame, so guess what we will be doing this morning, steve was annoyed with me as I was killing and spraying them at 9pm, he said I’m getting too obsessed,
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-04-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 09:59 PM   #353  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I would be doing the same as you!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2021, 11:15 PM   #354  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl I think Steve was shocked when I pointed out where they were coming in where the roof meets the window frame, we’ve just filled it all in and more so we wait and see, it seems they start moving I. The evenings, yuck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2021, 04:56 AM   #355  
Proud Fan Club Member

Apparently I didn't mail early enough. I mailed it on the 27th of May. Here's a birthday song while you wait for it.

https://youtu.be/9wpncWH_DuM
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-04-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 05:16 AM   #356  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy day, Annette! Card is in the mail!

Happy 70th to your husband, Gracie. I'll be 69 in August...70 seems like a big number. I was 20 in the 70's, now I'll be 70 in the 20's.

I've had plantar fasciitis....just has to go away on its own. I think there are some wraps you can buy but don't know their effectiveness. The worst part is when you stand up after sitting. I've also had Morton's Neuroma, which is pain in between third and fourth toes. A nerve bundle builds up. Cortisone didn't help so I had surgery. When the doc went in, he saw that the nerve bundle was smaller than expected but when he cut into it, my foot jumped. He knew then the kind of pain I was having. More supportive shoes have never helped me much. I would walk around in the shoe store for half an hour to see if the pain started, if it didn't, I'd buy the shoes. First time I'd wear them, the pain would start right away. Couldn't predict anything.

Back pain has got to be the worst. A large area of our bodies. If I'd lose weight......sigh.

Happy graduation to your daughter, Catherine. What's next for her? My granddaughters just finished virtual school, have been doing that since March 2020. It has been very stressful as it was up to the parents to handle most everything. Liz had to use FMLA to get time off if Scott worked. I'm so sad they missed out that much time from their wonderful school, an arts and technology school. At the end of the year, they would have this fabulous program called an Informance. Drama, music, art, dance, every year has a theme and the Informance is based on that. Clare still has one more year at that school, fingers crossed for the next year.

Have a good, cool, creative weekend, everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-04-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 05:19 AM   #357  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot to mention that I've had ants in the house since April. Mostly little ones that look like coffee grounds with legs. No idea how they're coming in. None on the kitchen counter to speak of, but in my bath tub and around the stove. Ant traps took care of most of them but every once in a while, I'll see one. Why would ants be in the bath tub?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2021, 06:01 AM   #358  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 745 Likes on 356 Posts

This morning our grandson is on one of our other computers. He's taking another course. Dh is on a zoom meeting, so I'm relegated to my craft room, which needs some cleaning up...as usual. I hate to do it, because then I can't fiind anything!

Feeling pretty good today. Headache not so bad.

Happy birthday Annette.sorry to be late. Hope it was a happy one!

Sorry for pains and losses for you all, but glad to hear good news of graduations!

fasciitis is awful. Suffered for a long time with it. Now I don't go barefoot any more......I miss the feel of our hardwood floors!

Gonna be a hot one otday. Very gray and overcast, but lovely to see the roses blooming by the kitchen door....they smell wonderful!!! May hop into the hot tub later (if you're already hot, what difference does it make?), and hav e no real plans today. Our DGS is happy to read all the books we got at B & N.....he read Fahrenheit 451 in a day. I'm so glad to spend $ on books for all of them. I always have a book going, and today I'll reread a favorite.

Be well, all.

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-04-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 07:10 AM   #359  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better today, Anne! Hooray for books!

Jean, just hearing about your foot makes me cringe! Ouch!

I'm just dealing with a fungus on my left big toe right now, doc wanted me to go on medication for it but after reading all the side effects, no way! So off I go to soak in some tea tree powder. Hoping I can get rid of it myself!

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #360  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It has been a warm one all week here. DD2's graduation announcements arrived last night so that is what I will be working on today. She actually worked on putting them in the envelopes (which came preprinted with our return address!) last night so we just have to put the address label on, the stamp, and in the mail it goes.

Last night we went to a local ice cream parlor to celebrate my boss's birthday. It was a surprise party for him and about 50 people were there. We were seated in an outdoor structure, it was warm, and loud. He said he was surprised...if he really was, then we are surprised.

Hmmm, plantar fasciitis...I wonder what causes it. I certainly hope I don't get it as I'm always barefoot! Or, in the cooler months, I'm wearing slippers.Still praying you heal quickly, Kathy.

Annette, I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Jan, I would be obsesses about spraying the ants too. I wouldn't be able to sleep!

Thanks for the graduation wishes for DD2, Jean. She plans to take a gap year and work hoping that school will return to normal during that time. She doesn't really want to try to figure out college in a virtual setting. Congrats to your granddaughter too! As for doing school virtually, I'm thankful that if it had to happen with one of my girls, that it was DD2. She is so disciplined and not a procrastinator (like her older sister and her mother!) so I really didn't have to do much except grade her work. If it had been DD1 on the other hand! So thankful about that, sorry DD2 is missing out on the graduation experience...but she isn't.

She will be attending the graduation of the class she should have been graduating with. It is by ticket only and her best friend still there gave her a ticket because she wants her to come. I keep wondering if it will be strange for her to be there but not marching. (Knowing her, probably not.)

Jean, here in CA the ants will be found inside the house where there is water. But there in WI, there is more moisture to be found so not sure why they would be in the bathroom there.

Anne, glad your headache is less today. Yay for reading kids! Your grandson sounds like he reads at a pace DD1 does. I always have at least one book going too.

Ann, good luck with the tea tree powder. I hope it works. And good for you reading all the potential side effects of the medicine the doctor wanted you to take.

I guess I'd better get to work, chat with you later!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (06-04-2021)