Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #321  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a Corner Chomper. I went to Michael's and Joanns and neither had one. I didn't walk around to see what was on sale. All I wanted was a Corner Chomper. I walked out of both stores empty handed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #322  
Pearl-ExPert

Downsizing? I had to do that when I moved into a smaller house 2 years ago. Let's just say downsizing is a lot harder than upsizing It took me forever to organize things the way I wanted, but I managed I had to get rid of all junk, too. I love my new space and have everything at my fingertips when I craft. I also left a lot of old furniture and household stuff behind. That was liberating!

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #323  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
I want a Corner Chomper. I went to Michael's and Joanns and neither had one. I didn't walk around to see what was on sale. All I wanted was a Corner Chomper. I walked out of both stores empty handed.
Woo-hoo! Good job, Barbara!
When you do get your Corner Chomper, let me know how you like it. Most people seem to love it but it is those few who complain about some sort of guide and not getting perfect corners that have kept me from buying one.

I didn't even make it through the first week. I just spent $22, almost half of my February craft budget. (I allowed myself $45 this month.) I used the money to buy more Ribbon Rings tags (regular and jumbo). Obviously, I have way too much ribbon! If what I have doesn't fit on the these new tags, I'm going to cull my ribbon stash until it does.

The good news is that the money came from my Paypal account, money I earned by selling a few purged items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #324  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Woohoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
Way to Go Barb! Isn't it funny that sirens didn't go off when you left the store without a purchase? :o I know when I browsed through Archivers awhile ago and left w/o anything I was SURE lights and sirens were going to flash...nope, nada, nothing! I felt empowered and haven't even thought twice about what I didn't get...

I do have to go look to see what a "corner chomper" is though...just curious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #325  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Stash Box

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Wow ... talk about "paying it forward" I had the MOST AWESOME opportunity to not only get the Shared STASH BOX but I got to meet Zella for coffee as she passed it to me! We had a GREAT time together and let me just tell you, this box is splitting at the seams with all sorts of craft stuff!

I am delighted to find a new purple glitter pen, cute 4th of July stickers and some vellum phrases for some scrap pages ... but the box is full of stamps, inks, punches, pens, papers, trims/lace, stencils, stamped images ... etc ....

Who is next? If you're feeling a little withdrawal from something new to play with ... just let me know and the box will be on the way!
Just bumping to the next page ... who's next?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #326  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I do have to go look to see what a "corner chomper" is though...just curious!
Here is a link to one (there are a couple different ones): Corner Chomper
They are corner rounders that are really strong and able to cut through chipboard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #327  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a corner rounder from SU and love it! I read a couple of bad reviews on the chomper, though...

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #328  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am really making a lot of use of my stash since I started the LOAD challenge. So far, I am on Day 5 and have 5 layouts done and placed in my scrapbook! I even managed to get 3 Valentine Day cards done this weekend. I posted all my creations on my blog.

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #329  
Pearl-ExPert

I loved your layouts, Dell! Nicely done

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #330  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberian StamperView Post
I loved your layouts, Dell! Nicely done
Thank you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #331  
Glitter Guru

Received 870 Likes on 518 Posts

So far, so good. I spent a few bucks on some ribbon at a Goodwill store the other day, and that's it so far. That is good for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #332  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a corner chomper and love it! Got rid of my other corner chompers.

http://craftermeetstamper.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #333  
Stazon Splitcoast

This past week has been a good craft budget week. I spent $0. Now the coming week I'll have to spend a little but it is for a birthday swap I'm in and it will not be for me at all. Will that count as craft spending since it's not for me? I'm thinking not. I'm planning to use some of my stash to fill part of the gift but I want to purchase some new things for the rest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #334  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Lela, it was so much fun meeting you Saturday!! When we left Russ said "she's really nice - I had a good time". Glad you could find some things in the box you liked....and I'm sure the next person will find some goodies too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #335  

I'm so proud of myself - $0 spent so far this month! Ok, so it's only the 6th...but it could have been a very bad thing....one of my favorite companies is having a MEGA sale (Clear Dollar Stamps...yeah, I know, I'm enabling) - and I just browsed the things on sale and didn't buy 1 single thing! This coming weekend I do have to make a trip to Pat Catans but am limiting my spending to $25 in that store on Saturday. Hopefully it will be much less. I do need to get 2 things for a swap and then a couple Valentine's Day gifts for my secret sisters at church. But that's it. I'm hoping to walk out not having spent more than $5 on myself. We'll see if I can do it! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #336  
Glitter Queen

Hi Everyone...

Sorry I have been so slack and not stopped in in a couple of weeks....It has just been like that here....havent got to anything that I have wanted to....

Well as far as January goes I am proud of myself due to totally sticking to my budget and spending nothing....

This month I am doing the same....There is not a single thing that my craft room needs......In saying that though tomorrow (opps today....just relised that it is 6am and I still havent been to bed yet...hmm were did the night go....going to be one cranky mummy in this house by tea time tonight....poor kids) I have my first day at the retirement village teaching crafts to the elderly....should be fun....but I have to go and get some glue sticks and stuff for this but I am not counting this for 2 reasons....1 it is not for me or my craft room and 2 it will eventually be refunded back to me when they do their monthly payments.....

so all in all...other than being flat out with everything in life all is good here....

Promise to stop by more regularly....

Kerry-Ann:grin::grin::grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #337  
Glitter Queen

[QUOTE=jackie1;19129860][QUOTE=Lmn;19020624]
February Question of the Month
-- Have you thought about Downsizing your Stash?

February Challenge

-- Find 3 stamps/stamp sets that have been in your Stash that are still un-inked and show them some LOVE. Ink them up! Post links in the thread to your creations.

Ok as for downsizing my stash....I had a massive clean out in January and amazinly everything in there is still lively and clean and I have been putting stuff away as used......except for the pens on the floor that the cats keep stealing off my desk and playing with by bashing them around the floor and chasing them.......hmmm......

As for the stamp sets I have quite a few of unused stamps and sets in that there cupboard...... Alrighty I am going to live up to this challenge....no idea when this month I am going to fit it in but I am going to give it my absolute best shot at fitting it in somewhere some how......

Digging in that there cupboard will actually refresh the memory of what is there and there is probably some that will end up at the retirement village as I am thinking if in all these years they are still uninked then maybe just possibly I dont need them!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration to tackle the only cupboard that did get cleaned out but the baskets of stamps in there only got pulled out the shelves cleaned and the baskets put back in.....ohh well I am not perfect I know I should have cleaned out the baskets too but it was the last cupboard I had to clean out and I was buggered by then.....my bad!!!!

Kerry-Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #338  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I've actually gotten to use several stamps I've never used before just working on cards for the pet charity. I was reading the thread in the General Stamping forum about what you'd do different now, versus when you first started stamping, and after reading the advice there, was able to make me some card sentiments on the computer. So much easier than buying tons of sentiment stamps and having to stamp them, and saves so much money. They have some great tips and advice on that thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #339  
Die Cut Diva

I made a birthday card for my ex-mother-in-law with my new Birthday Cocoa stamp set that I won during Sweet N Sassy Stamps' 4th anniversary blog hop.

I'm looking forward to using at least two more of my uninked stamp sets later this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #340  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Wow ... talk about "paying it forward" I had the MOST AWESOME opportunity to not only get the Shared STASH BOX but I got to meet Zella for coffee as she passed it to me! We had a GREAT time together and let me just tell you, this box is splitting at the seams with all sorts of craft stuff!

I am delighted to find a new purple glitter pen, cute 4th of July stickers and some vellum phrases for some scrap pages ... but the box is full of stamps, inks, punches, pens, papers, trims/lace, stencils, stamped images ... etc ....

Who is next? If you're feeling a little withdrawal from something new to play with ... just let me know and the box will be on the way!

Who's next on the list of the traveling goodie box? :confused: I'd love to do it but need to wait a bit before I do. Right now I need to have time to get into my craft cave and get it organized enough to see what I need, what I have, and what I want to get rid of. I'm thinking sometime in mid-late March would be the soonest I could have that done. But in the meantime who wants to get it now. It sounds like there's all kinds of serious goodies in it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #341  
Mad Swapper

I have been so tempted to buy the new preorders that are coming out from CHA, especially the new Distress Markers, but since I already went against my no spending for this month and bought the Memento markers I will try not buy anything else this month.

Melissa59 I think it is wonderful that you still get along with your ex mother-in-law enough that you make her cards. I get along better with my ex mother-in-law now than what I did when I was married to her son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #342  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a 15% off coupon from SU for my birthday and I really don't have any desire to order anything...what's wrong with me? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #343  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
I have been so tempted to buy the new preorders that are coming out from CHA, especially the new Distress Markers, but since I already went against my no spending for this month and bought the Memento markers I will try not buy anything else this month.

Melissa59 I think it is wonderful that you still get along with your ex mother-in-law enough that you make her cards. I get along better with my ex mother-in-law now than what I did when I was married to her son.
Those Distress Markers do look tempting. I am wondering though since I have the distress inks if you can do some of the same techniques that Tim demonstrated on his video. He said that the distress inks resist the watercolor on the markers. I was thinking of trying that same technique w/my SU markers and then put distress ink on an applicator and apply it over the image I color w/the SU markers. Also wondering if the Galaxy white marker pens would work like the picket fence marker he is demonstrating. I don't want to spend more $$$ on markers when I have Copics and SU markers already.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #344  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
I have a 15% off coupon from SU for my birthday and I really don't have any desire to order anything...what's wrong with me? LOL
Not one thing! You just haven't found anything you need for now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #345  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Melissa59 I think it is wonderful that you still get along with your ex mother-in-law enough that you make her cards.
I have some strange & sometimes confusing family relationships. I have two (adult) sons. They have different fathers. Dad #1 died when my oldest son was 2. I married Dad #2 when my oldest son was 7.

Two years later, when my youngest son was born, my mother and now ex-mom-in-law (mother of Dad#2) sat in the waiting room. Inside the delivery room was my now ex-hubby and my oldest son's paternal grandmother (mother of Dad#1). She was a neonatal nurse and I wanted her there with me.

My Facebook "friends" list includes sister of Dad#1, mother Dad #1, sister of Dad#2 and, yes, even my ex-hubby (Dad#2).

I was married to Dad#2 for 13 years and we've now been divorced for 13 years. (My sons are now 33 and 24) Lots of water under the bridge. Any hard feelings we had are long gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #346  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
Wrong? Nothing! You have the sense not to spend just because you have a coupon. I'd say that makes everything "right" with you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #347  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgalView Post
Those Distress Markers do look tempting. I am wondering though since I have the distress inks if you can do some of the same techniques that Tim demonstrated on his video. He said that the distress inks resist the watercolor on the markers. I was thinking of trying that same technique w/my SU markers and then put distress ink on an applicator and apply it over the image I color w/the SU markers. Also wondering if the Galaxy white marker pens would work like the picket fence marker he is demonstrating. I don't want to spend more $$$ on markers when I have Copics and SU markers already.
I don't have any of the distress ink pads as of yet and I have used my SU markers so much that they are wearing out and since I don't us SU products much any more I figured that I would get the Memento markers because I have all of the ink pads now. I do have Copics, but there are times when the images that I am coloring have small spaces and the copics bleed out side the lines so I still want regular markers. I think that I will wait a few months and see what the reviews are on the distress markers are before getting them. At least that is what I will keep telling myself so I don't order them at this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #348  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I have some strange & sometimes confusing family relationships. I have two (adult) sons. They have different fathers. Dad #1 died when my oldest son was 2. I married Dad #2 when my oldest son was 7.

Two years later, when my youngest son was born, my mother and now ex-mom-in-law (mother of Dad#2) sat in the waiting room. Inside the delivery room was my now ex-hubby and my oldest son's paternal grandmother (mother of Dad#1). She was a neonatal nurse and I wanted her there with me.

My Facebook "friends" list includes sister of Dad#1, mother Dad #1, sister of Dad#2 and, yes, even my ex-hubby (Dad#2).

I was married to Dad#2 for 13 years and we've now been divorced for 13 years. (My sons are now 33 and 24) Lots of water under the bridge. Any hard feelings we had are long gone.
I think that is great that you all get along. Even though your kids are adults it must make it easier for them when there are special times like weddings, birthday, babies, etc. When you have kids with some one you will always have that connection no matter what happens in your relationship. I have two ex's and one current husband and my older kids have told me that they appreciated us getting along as they were growing up it made things easier for them. My parents were divorced when I was a teenager and even 30 yrs later we are always having to juggle around spending time with each parent during holidays and special events, it makes it really hard and frustrating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #349  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Wrong? Nothing! You have the sense not to spend just because you have a coupon. I'd say that makes everything "right" with you!
Thanks Melissa. I'm trying really hard to live up to my "Spend-it-if-I-really-NEED-it" attitude. I'm trying to do that with every facet of my life right now. I have WAY too much junk right now and really want to get rid of much of it. It is my goal to purge and organize my house this year. So I have passed up on MANY coupons so far this year. WOO HOO for me!!! But thanks so much for your understanding and support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #350  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I think that is great that you all get along. Even though your kids are adults it must make it easier for them when there are special times like weddings, birthday, babies, etc. When you have kids with some one you will always have that connection no matter what happens in your relationship. I have two ex's and one current husband and my older kids have told me that they appreciated us getting along as they were growing up it made things easier for them. My parents were divorced when I was a teenager and even 30 yrs later we are always having to juggle around spending time with each parent during holidays and special events, it makes it really hard and frustrating.
We must have loads in common. I have 2 ex's and a current husband AND my parents divorced when I was much younger than you but still divorced. My parents still, after nearly 50 years, don't get along (knowing their personalities I understand why they divorced - my mother is not an easy woman) and it can make it more difficult to deal with. My 1st ex & I get along fine while the 2nd one is a-total-nother story. I do still, however, get along with his family. I know it is difficult for my children but they do understand.

My older dd is now married with 2 children. Her dh's parents have divorced and both re-married. Holidays are difficult for them as they have to do 3 families plus the grands as well. After 9 years of marriage (and another 7 of dating before that) they have it down until someone wants to change things around. On Christmas morning any of the grands who want to see what the girls got go to their house and visit early in the morning before they head out to family functions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #351  
Insane Embellisher

My husband passed away in 2004 when his daughter was 17 and a senior in high school. She chose to continue living with me. She always wanted her "whole family together" for holidays, which resulted in occasions like the Christmas I spent at her grandparent's home with her mother, half-sister, aunt, uncle, cousins, and my parents. One big, odd, happy family.

Free cat hair with every card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #352  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianneB1030View Post
My husband passed away in 2004 when his daughter was 17 and a senior in high school. She chose to continue living with me. She always wanted her "whole family together" for holidays, which resulted in occasions like the Christmas I spent at her grandparent's home with her mother, half-sister, aunt, uncle, cousins, and my parents. One big, odd, happy family.
I am sorry that you lost your husband, but what a wonderful tribute to you as a mother and a woman that your stepdaughter wanted to stay with you. And how great that you have become a part of her extended family.

Donna, yes, we seem to have many things in common. Well, except this one: I just spent more money. <sigh>

Another SCS member offered me a chance to buy a new A Muse Studio ink pad (I've been wanting to try A Muse) in a color that fills a gap in my meager ink pad collection. $7.95 shipped, means I'm saving $4.95 over what it would cost me to order directly from A Muse Studio. Let's see ... if I've done my math right, that leaves me about $15 in my February $45 budget.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #353  
Stazon Splitcoast

DianneB - I agree with Melissa, that is such a tribute to you. Some women are mothers even when they don't give birth to their children - you, my friend, are one of those - while others give birth and are NEVER mothers. It may be an odd family but we don't necessarily get to chose our families, do we.

Melissa - It's OK that you spent money for something like that. From your description you needed it AND you saved that much again so I say WOO HOO for you!!! As I said, I can't say that I've actually set a budget other than to say only purchase what I NEED. Since I have not signed up for any more swaps until 1 due in March I'm good (and I know I have plenty of stuff to make those cards). I still get to get my craft shopping fix, kinda, because I am in a birthday swap where I have to spend at least $10 on craft goodies each month & send them to the birthday girl, except for December - that is the month I get gifties. No it's not my birthday but mine was already taken & I figured what better time than Christmas to get gifties, if not my birthday or anniversary months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #354  
Glitter Guru

Smile

So far, so good; even if it has only been a week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #355  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgalView Post
I am really making a lot of use of my stash since I started the LOAD challenge. So far, I am on Day 5 and have 5 layouts done and placed in my scrapbook! I even managed to get 3 Valentine Day cards done this weekend. I posted all my creations on my blog.
Way to go smokiesgal. That's awesome you've got five pages done and some cards as well. Keep up the good work.
Nicole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #356  
Die Cut Diva

Almost two weeks into the month. How is everyone doing?
I haven't spent any more money since I last posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #357  
Hardware Hotshot

So far this month I bought one Memory Box die from Amber Shaw for $16.25 and a spool of Krennik thread ($3.00 with a coupon) for another hobby. So I am doing well.
"If" the Corner Chomper comes it at Hobby Lobby I will still be within my budget range when I buy it.
I want to spend no more than $50 per month on all of my hobbies.

I wanted to have 3 months where I don't spend any money, but so far that has not worked out. The year is young

I resisted ALL of the CHA pre-order offers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #358  
Glitter Guru

Smile

So far, so good...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #359  
Stampin' Fool

Doing well. I spent $10.00 on Spellbinder dies. Someone had bought them and never used them. Couldn't let a good deal pass me by. I have used them quite a bit since I bought them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #360  

Not a penny spent here yet!
Reply With Quote Likes