Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #41  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I am in.... I need all the help and all the challenges I can find to keep me focused!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #42  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking 2012 Challenge

Happy New Years Eve!

It's almost time to get "officially" started on our 2012 Challenge to be more budget savvy when it comes to crafty spending.

Sorry I've been M.I.A these last few days.... my Sis had a baby so I have a new niece I needed to come and snuggle with for a few days!

I'll be back tomorrow to update :eek:
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Stamp/Scrap On A Budget-christmas-11-053.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Happy New Years Eve!

Sorry I've been M.I.A these last few days.... my Sis had a baby so I have a new niece I needed to come and snuggle with for a few days!
Congrats on the new niece! I started my new budget today, and I found a STEAL of a deal at Target in the Christmas section. They had double-sided tape in with the gift wrap for 90 cents each. It's usually over $3 each! I love my ATG gun dearly, but I can deal with the inconvenience of double-stick tape for awhile at that price, and that was one of the things on my "needs" list for the month. Then I found a package of "ok" 12 x 12 kraft cardstock from Joann's on sale, and with an extra 10% off coupon it was only $3. So, of my $15, I've spent $8 and I got 5 rolls of tape and 25 sheets of paper, which will be good for a few months or more of cardmaking. The only other thing on my list was copic refills and I may actually order them with the other $8.00 tonight before the prices go up. Then I'll be broke and I'll need to change my January challenge to NOT SPENDING A DIME. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 02:15 PM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

in 2012 I am going to set aside a minimum of 20% of my monthly craft budget for Black Friday through December sales. I feel I can stretch my money by waiting for the holiday sales. The Christmas deals and the inventory reduction sales after Christmas have been great. I got several things with my Christmas money and there is nothing I really want/need right now.

This is why I chose January as one of my 4 months not to buy anything. I have several new things from Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]...my Sis had a baby so I have a new niece I needed to come and snuggle with for a few days!
Lucky Auntie! It's great that you are able to help out your sister.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #46  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. JoyView Post
Congrats on the new niece! I started my new budget today, and I found a STEAL of a deal at Target in the Christmas section. They had double-sided tape in with the gift wrap for 90 cents each. It's usually over $3 each! I love my ATG gun dearly, but I can deal with the inconvenience of double-stick tape for awhile at that price, and that was one of the things on my "needs" list for the month. Then I found a package of "ok" 12 x 12 kraft cardstock from Joann's on sale, and with an extra 10% off coupon it was only $3. So, of my $15, I've spent $8 and I got 5 rolls of tape and 25 sheets of paper, which will be good for a few months or more of cardmaking. The only other thing on my list was copic refills and I may actually order them with the other $8.00 tonight before the prices go up. Then I'll be broke and I'll need to change my January challenge to NOT SPENDING A DIME. :mrgreen:
I don't mean to be an enabler but doesn't what you spent today count in December not January????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

I think I will do a combination of budgeting this year. The first quarter of the year will have a monthly budget of $35........ I belong to a kit club and until I email and put a stop to it a kit shows up every month. That gives me 4 more months to put a stop to my kit of the month.

The second quarter I will go with working from my stash only!! Than takes me to the middle of the year. I will revisit then and see where I stand for the rest of the year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Happy 2012, everyone! It's official. It's the new year. And time to watch how we spend our pennies!

May we all make good choices. May we pat ourselves (and each other) on the back for sticking to our budget. And if we fall off, may we dust ourselves off and climb back on the Budget Wagon--and promise not to chastise ourselves too harshly for the indiscretion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Default Happy 2012!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
The Christmas deals and the inventory reduction sales after Christmas have been great. I got several things with my Christmas money and there is nothing I really want/need right now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmomView Post
I don't mean to be an enabler but doesn't what you spent today count in December not January????
I need to confess that I've had a really hard time this past week. I got some money for Christmas that has been calling my name. It kept saying, "But it's not 2012 yet!" All the post-Christmas sales didn't help much either!

I didn't get anything crafty for Christmas, but I did win a couple nice craft gifts including a pink ribbon sampler from the Hope You Can Cling To challenge and an adorable Cocoa Mouse stamp set and Cheery Lynn doily die from Sweet N Sassy stamps birthday blog hop. I have them tucked away in a drawer and will bring them out and open the packages after I get all my embellishments organized. At the rate I'm going, that could be a few weeks!

P.S. Although I was tempted, I've still got my Christmas money. :-)

Last edited by melissa59; 01-01-2012 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: Added that I resisted temptation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #50  
Mad Swapper

I was waiting all last week to find out about some items that I ordered and received just before Christmas, there were a few things missing from the order, I did here back from the customer service rep, but she can't tell me what they are going to do until the manager gets back from Holidays. I was hoping that this would be dealt with before midnight last night so if I needed to reorder the items I could and still stay on goal of not spending in the month of January. I guess now if I need to reorder it will have to be done in February instead. They need to determine if the items were never put in the parcel, if they went missing in transet, they have to go through customs to get to me, or (and they haven't said this to me) if I am lying about not getting the items (which I fully understand them thinking because there are people out there who would do that). So I will keep purging in my craft room and playing with all the wonderful supplies that I already have on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #51  

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmomView Post
LOL! ;) Yes, technically. Only since we're a one-income family, I only have a "personal" (meaning, crafts, clothes, coffee out, haircuts, gifts, etc...)monthly budget of about $40 and we got paid on Friday - so that money goes into January. I ended up getting my copics/refills online last night, too, so my January goal is now to stamp from my stash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #52  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I belong to a kit club and until I email and put a stop to it a kit shows up every month.
Which kit club do you belong to? Do you think it is a good value? I've thought about asking for something like that for Christmas, but I didn't know if I would really *use* everything that I got, or if I would be better off just getting a gift certificate for the $35 to spend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #53  

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I need to confess that I've had a really hard time this past week. I got some money for Christmas that has been calling my name.

I didn't get anything crafty for Christmas, but I did win a couple nice craft gifts including a pink ribbon sampler from the Hope You Can Cling To challenge and an adorable Cocoa Mouse stamp set and Cheery Lynn doily die from Sweet N Sassy stamps birthday blog hop. I have them tucked away in a drawer and will bring them out and open the packages after I get all my embellishments organized. At the rate I'm going, that could be a few weeks!

P.S. Although I was tempted, I've still got my Christmas money. :-)
Wow! You have wonderful control! I got $100 for Christmas from my DH (he was sick and couldn't go shopping) and I got a ton of stuff, mostly dies, but a few stamps, too, at the MFT and Verve after Christmas sales, which should last me for awhile. I usually can only order if I win something at release parties, so having $$ to spend on my wish list was SO much fun. I think the idea of saving up for the Black Friday/End of Year sales is an excellent one. I have to think about how I could do that.... hmmmm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #54  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
January will be the first of 4 "No Spending months" this year.
I think the first month will be the hardest.
Wish me luck!!
I agree the first month will be the hardest. My insurance compnay made it easy. Our deductable went from $150.00 a year to $3000.00 or $1500.00 per individual. I have been sick for the last two years, so we will be paying $1500.00 in medical bills this month. My SIL send me a nice box of stamping up embellishments for Christmas. With the stuff I already have there is no reason I need to shop. Of course I want to shop, but there is no need to for the month of January.

As far as receipts, I do it all with Quicken which is a software for personal finances. It is fairly cheap and it lets you keep track of your spending.

My crafting goal for January: Finish my scapbooking pages for 3 trips to Disney World. I can't believe we been there 3 times and I haven't scrapped anything. I started my goals early and did 3 pages yesterday.

Everyone have a Happy New Year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #55  
Glitter Queen

Happy New Year All...I need to join this group. What triggers me is new stamps, paper and bling, watching hauls on youtube. My goal is to stop buying online and paying shipping charges in some cases they are outrageous and it is going up this year. However some online stores are enabling with free shipping or flat rate shipping so have to watch for that too. I have enough supplies except for maybe adhesives. My budget will be set at $15.00 per month but will try to spend nothing and see how that works by the end of the year. I don't think I could ever go cold turkey but ...I might be inspired by the group...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #56  
Inking Addict

Count me in for sure! This year I definitely plan to be a careful spender. I do have planned purchases scheduled for later this month (file box for my 12x12 paper and supplies for all the cards I plan to make now through April).

My no-buy months will be February, March, August, & October. I really want a big shot, but I think I can hold out until my birthday in July. Hopefully if I ask DH will get it for me then.

I also plan to only buy from SU which is maybe not the cheapest way, but I can avoid the coupons/sales for Joann's & Michael's that way.

I did organize the craft room this week so everything is tidy and I won't need to purchase duplicates because I can't find it. Also cleaned out stuff that came in kits that is just not style. I haven't purchased stamping or scrapbooking supplies in 4 years and the stash is small so I don't mind spending a little now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #57  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smile160View Post
I also plan to only buy from SU which is maybe not the cheapest way, but I can avoid the coupons/sales for Joann's & Michael's that way.
You know, I've often wondered if I spend more or less now that I buy from other companies and places than SU. Hopefully I'll be better at tracking my purchases this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have decided I am not spending in January unless I need tape. I am pretty sure I have enough of that to get me through the month though. I have a flea mkt to do this month and plan to sell some used stuff. I will save it for a shopping trip at my LSS using my 20% off card in a couple of months or so. I figure they will have all new stuff by then anyway. I will be making my receipt holder sometime this wk or next. I still have my DS here so spending as much time until he flies back to Wash D.C. I am very excited about doing this challenge!

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

Happy New Year!

Well I have very, VERY few supplies. To make a REALLY long story kinda short...after my divorce I ended up with one paper bag of stuff (had a whole craftroom full of stuff at one point), and a cricket with no power cord...lol. I DO have a scrap table, 2x2 expedit, magnet board/tins etc...most of the organizing stuff which is kinda cool! So I have decided I am not going to spend in January. I am going to make do with the old stuff because my skills are rusty and I was mostly a scrapper when this whole divorce crap took place (it's finalized and i'm settled down and emotionally great...been 2 years...ugh finally!) and I'm not even aware of all the cool stuff out so for now...ignorance is bliss! HOWEVER in Feb...that will be a different story (you knew it was coming right?) I will probably spend about 150....then probably spend 25 per month and save 25 per toward my black friday budget. Oh and new stamps/paper are my trigger(s) as well

Ok, that got long...sorry! lol Im going to work on my reciept album this week. I also need to finish getting my scrap corner organized tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

My stamping goal for this year is difficult. I am a SU demo so I have to spend some money to make some. I am scheduling a workshop or a SAS for each month this year. There will be some things I'll have to purchase for those events, but I'm planning to try to purchase as little as possible for it. For my personal stash I'm planning to go spendless for the first 3 months of the year and see how it goes. I have a HUGE amount of stuff I really don't need or use (thought I Had to have it when I purchased it). I am going to be purging quite a bit of my supplies over the next few months so I'm really hoping to get it all organized to see what I have so I don't continue to dupilcate things. Once I get it all organized and purged I'm hoping to take it to one of the LSS for their yard sales. It seems that if I remember correctly that the 2 closest to me have annual yard sales. Maybe I can get my duff in gear before then. We also have scrapbooking days with friends - maybe some of them could use the stuff as well. Either way it could be out of here. I'm also planning to put $20 each month away for Black Friday...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #61  
Hardware Hotshot

My credit Union has a Christmas club where you save X amount to money each month and then they send the check at Thanksgiving. I am going to join and have the money taken from my account every month. I will not only put the regular gift money in, but I am going to save an extra $15 per month to spend on the Black Friday or Christmas craft sales. It will be great to have $180 to splurge on the sales
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Happy New Year! I'm joining y'all in this budgeting project, k?

Everything I do is sort of fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, as opposed to planned, so setting myself a challenge is a challenge in and of itself!

I enabled myself right into a Big Shot (40% off) and an ATG (50% off) recently, so I don't need to make any major purchases any time soon.

I can't set a dollar amount for my spending this month, but I can publicly declare what I will limit myself to purchasing for the next two months:
  • some really good white cardstock (Neenah or Papertrey)
  • some really good black cardstock
  • a Martha Stewart heart punch that coordinates with my border punch
  • a tag die if I find one I love
  • Ranger Picket Fence distress stain
  • a pale pink marker (Prismacolor or ShinHan or Copic)

We'll see how it goes after that. If I acquire the above-listed items, I should be good to go on just shopping my stash for quite some time! Further bulletins as events warrant...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #63  
Inking Addict

Quote:

You know, I've often wondered if I spend more or less now that I buy from other companies and places than SU. Hopefully I'll be better at tracking my purchases this year!
I really do think that overall I spend less when I focus on one company. I am assured that what I buy coordinates and not being as creative as some it is harder for me to make things work. Just finished reorganzing the craft room and I said goodbye to lots of things (kits given to me by family, paper stacks from Joann's, and cheapo cardstock). For me they were a waste, but I kept all the SU stuff save for 6 ink pads whose colors no longer exist with SU. A lot has changed in the 4+ years since I saw a SU catty! I thank my lucky stars that I only had 12 inkpads from then because they have overhauled their color schemes quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #64  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I really do think that overall I spend less when I focus on one company. I am assured that what I buy coordinates and not being as creative as some it is harder for me to make things work. Just finished reorganzing the craft room and I said goodbye to lots of things (kits given to me by family, paper stacks from Joann's, and cheapo cardstock). For me they were a waste, but I kept all the SU stuff save for 6 ink pads whose colors no longer exist with SU. A lot has changed in the 4+ years since I saw a SU catty! I thank my lucky stars that I only had 12 inkpads from then because they have overhauled their color schemes quite a bit.
I FINALLY caught up with their latest new colors (pads and markers) so I guess they'll probably do another overhaul this summer (ha, ha)! I've thus far REFUSED to get sucked into the "in-colors". I did get a package of the latest in color cardstock from a swap so if/when I use it I'll just try to match it close with copics I already have. I refuse to purchase pads/markers I KNOW will retire soo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn and Lisa,

The cool thing about SU's In-Colors is you can purchase the markers for fairly cheap. I use them to ink my stamps when I want to use those colors. If I find a color that I'm really using then I buy the ink pad with re-inker but I really wish they would offer the spots for those colors as well. As far as the color changes goes - the big one was just done this summer. They will probably not do another one for several years. The In-Colors will work like this - 2010 they gave us 5 new colors...2011 they gave us 5 more colors...in 2012 the 2010 ones will go away and they will add 5 new colors...in 2013 the 2011 ones will go away and they will add 5 new colors...you see how it goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

This probably goes without saying, but I'm assuming that our organizational supplies, craft tables, storage drawers, etc. are included in our budgets.

For instance, in February, I hope to buy some Ikea Bygel rails and pegboard to make a punch rack. The cost of rails, pegboard and bolts would be included in that month's budget since they are craft related, right?

I'd also like to welcome those who are just joining us! I do believe this challenge will make us think long and hard about our purchases and, hopefully, will curb our impulsive craft spending.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #67  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Wow

Quote:

What a GREAT deal on the tape! At least for your spending goal you got some good basics that will be helpful going forward.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #68  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Great Question

Quote:

Quote:

That's such an interesting question. 2 years ago I bought 99% from 1 company (CTMH) as I'm mostly a scrapper and I wondered if it would be a savings, so I tried it. For me, I saved money because it eliminated the impulse buying AND I really used most everything I had because it all color-coordinated.

I'm not sure I can go back to 99% because I do make more cards now and I like SU! (esp now they have unmounted) and AMuse Studios. There will still be savings for me to just stay out of the stores though. I seem to buy stuff I don't use. I can plan purchases better ordering them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #69  

Quote:

What a GREAT deal on the tape! At least for your spending goal you got some good basics that will be helpful going forward.
And I've been using it already, too! MFT is having a "party" right now for people who completed any of their Wednesday sketch challenges last year and since I have had a few days relatively free because of the holidays, I've been playing along and completing some of the sketches that I didn't get to during the year. I think I've made 5 cards in the last two days... which is usually a week's worth for me! Too bad I wasn't "earning" money to spend based on the cards I made! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #71  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
Lynn and Lisa,

The cool thing about SU's In-Colors is you can purchase the markers for fairly cheap. I use them to ink my stamps when I want to use those colors. If I find a color that I'm really using then I buy the ink pad with re-inker but I really wish they would offer the spots for those colors as well. As far as the color changes goes - the big one was just done this summer. They will probably not do another one for several years. The In-Colors will work like this - 2010 they gave us 5 new colors...2011 they gave us 5 more colors...in 2012 the 2010 ones will go away and they will add 5 new colors...in 2013 the 2011 ones will go away and they will add 5 new colors...you see how it goes.
Thanks for the reminder about the markers...always forget about that trick. Good to hear that that they won't overhaul the colors again for a little bit. When I was into SU 4+ years ago I don't even think they had In-Colors. I have also seen where people buy stampin spots instead of the full sized ink pads. Tried them at a workshop years ago and got irritated trying to ink my stamps so I guess I'll just bite the bullet, pay more for the full size, and collect them slowly. I try to purchase the colors as I have a project to use them for. Some colors like More Mustard and Cajun Craze are at the bottom of my list. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #72  

Quote:

Some colors like More Mustard and Cajun Craze are at the bottom of my list. ;)
LOL! More Mustard is one of my all time favorites! It is so pretty with fall colors, or burgundy, or browns or navy. *Love* it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking January

OK, January will be use my stash month. I'll be working on Valentines, I think I can make it through the month not spending.
I just better not go browsing through all the stamping sites.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #74  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello!!

Well, I would love to say that I'm not going to buy a single thing this month - but I already have a trip planned to the craft store this weekend to get a few things for a swap I'm in (sending items to someone) and doubt that I will be able to not buy anything for myself. So I think my limit for January is going to be spending only $25 on items for me. I was looking at my stamps the other night and thought to myself "it's obscene how many stamps you have and yet you still continue to buy more". I really want to start using what I have - not just the paper and embellies...but dig out the stamps that don't get used and use them. That's a goal for the year for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #75  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
My crafting goal for January: Finish my scapbooking pages for 3 trips to Disney World. I can't believe we been there 3 times and I haven't scrapped anything. I started my goals early and did 3 pages yesterday.

Everyone have a Happy New Year.
I think this is my goal this January too! I am currently on my third trip - taking a little time off the parks today because it is freezing!

I also want to use my supplies.

I can't start quite yet (didn't plan to as I am on vacation and was specifically looking for supplies that I can't get in Canada or are much cheaper here in the US). I did get a great deal on an Expression at JoAnn's ($159!) that I have been planning to purchase for about 2 years.

So, my challenges will start after I get home next week ... just need to figure out which ones to join!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #76  
Crimping Master

Howdy everyone,
I have been lurking on this site for days and after reading Zella's comment about "its obscene how many stamps you have and yet you still continue to buy more" put me over the thinking about to the join in edge. I too have been cleaning my craft room and was amazed at the amount of stamp sets I have that have NEVER seen ink. Shame on me. I have been obsessing about a punch I want and maybe replenish my red card stock but other than that I am good, probably for the rest of my life. SO not more than $25 this month or next--which ever works out for my purchase and nothing in the other one. I will pick my other spending free months later--have promised myself not to do SAB this year and definitely am going on the the "use what you have challenge". Thanks for helping me return to some sanity here. COUNT ME IN!!
Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #77  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I was just skimming through the posts while on my lunch break....and I am taking the challenge of making a receipt holder.

I had to chuckle when I read someone post about coupons. I'm a coupon sucker! I refuse to shop at JoAnn's anymore (long story) so I never have to worry about that. And I tend to not go to Hobby Lobby or Michael's much anymore unless I have an amazing coupon....But here in Ohio (and I believe there are some in PA) we have a store called Pat Catans. It's a craft store where the prices are really good. Now the selection can be dicey at times - but you can get some really good deals. Often I can go in there and get some bling for less than $1 or get some great $1 wood stamps. I can also get Nesties there for $15 all the time - but again, the selection isn't the best. So they have coupons every once in a while...and they had one this past year where you got $25 off if you spent $100. Now at the time I had a few swaps that I had to send (again, for items to purchase for others) and also wanted a Nestie set so I talked it over with DH and we hopped in the car. Let me say here that I have the most amazing DH! He will go anywhere and, while you can see other DH's out in the cars sleeping while their wives shop - mine is right there in the store with me. Anyway, he started wondering around the store and I was trying to keep track of how much I was putting in my cart. When I got to the checkout....I not only spent the $100 to be able to use the coupon...but had gone over. I spent $140 even with the coupon!!!! UGH!!!! I felt so bad spending so much....but DH told me not to worry about it - that I deserved to spend something on myself sometimes. But lesson learned - either take a calculator or just avoid coupons! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #78  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I'm stashing it this month!!
We are going through a Refi on the house so all extra spending has been halted for the past month until February

Then not sure what will happen, cause my parents gave hubby and I money for Christmas to spend on ourselves, that we needed for other things sooner, so come Feb hoping to enjoy that money!!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #79  
Matboard Maniac

Well after finally getting my space organized the way I like and going through my bag of stuff...I discovered I don't have ANY ink. So I will spend $15 max this month and ONLY on inks.

My birthday is this month, I will get a few gift cards from loved ones. I will add that to my budget of $125 next month. Hmmmm...do gift money/gift cards count toward our budget? If so I can wait...if not I MAY spend some this month. I do like the idea of being able to splurge a two or three hundred bucks at a time (If I save it til Feb). Then I can get a cool new BIG toy. I think I just convinced my self to wait...LOL! Any recommendations?

Shopping mainly from one source sounds very interesting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #80  

I like the $200-$300 splurge idea. I'll be lucky if I can save $50 to splurge, but I like the idea, nonetheless!!
Reply With Quote Likes