Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #121  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
The concerns I'm hearing is, is there going to be some leniency? If you have 5 swaps open, can you help out another hostess and take on their swap? Or can we categorize swaps, so that a hostess can have 5 Secret Sis, 5 ongoing and 5 regular swaps (for instance).
The swap moderators are all active hostesses and swappers so we all understand that there would be some leniency involved. We are going to remove anyone's membership the second their 6th swap is posted. ;)

Yes, there will be times when someone might have to step in and help a hostess. Totally understandable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #122  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmamichelfView Post
I just went back and checked when the change was posted. It was posted 5 days ago which means the May 18th date has been up there for 5 days. Of course, I just saw it today but it's been up there for 5 days.
It actually just went up today, but the thread/changes have been in the planning process for a few months now. The thread is dated May 18th because that's when the final draft was written.

Quote:

I went and checked my group memberships and I'm a member now.
As of now everyone who has applied and filled out the information completely has been approved.

Quote:

I know several hostesses that I always look to see what swaps they are hosting because they usually host something I really like so I join. This must be why I now have 17 swaps that I'm participating in and still looking at some others. I know. I'm nuts.

For me, I don't want to hostess a swap. Can I give someone my 5? I just thought I'd ask.
No. They can't be bought, sold or transferred. ;)

Quote:

I think change is difficult for all of us. First the setup of the site changes a lot and it took some getting used to. Yes people left who were upset with the changes and other reasons, but a ton of people stayed because they really like SCS. Now we have to join a usergroup to participate/hostess swaps. It's another change. We will get used to it. It might even be just what was needed in order to weed out the "flakers" (both participant kind and hostess kind). It certainly will make the next week very interesting.
Change is always hard. All the changes are made with lots of behind the scenes discussion. It certainly will be an interesting transition!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #123  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for answering all our questions Mods. I appreciate it. I'm over the initial shock (I know that sounds dramatic doesn't it LOL!) and my application has been approved (that sounds even more dramatic hee! hee!) now I'm about to go and relay the message in my swaps for everyone to fill out their apps too (I don't have as many as Susan does, poor girl her computer must be panting) to continue participating.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I understand and I agree Susan is a great hostess. I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just trying to help everyone understand why the MODS had to do this.

Quote:

I'm not disliking the new rules, I'm just wondering if there are ways we can compromise to make it work for everyone. Susan is a great hostess and she can handle and likes to handle having lots of swaps. So if Susan is great at it, why should she not be able to host that many swaps?

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Girl you crack me up!!! After a dinner/play date with friends I'll be home to PM all my swap gals while I watch Idol. Thanks MODS for all you do and I love the rest of ya too. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Thanks for answering all our questions Mods. I appreciate it. I'm over the initial shock (I know that sounds dramatic doesn't it LOL!) and my application has been approved (that sounds even more dramatic hee! hee!) now I'm about to go and relay the message in my swaps for everyone to fill out their apps too (I don't have as many as Susan does, poor girl her computer must be panting) to continue participating.

Thanks again!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #126  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'm not disliking the new rules, I'm just wondering if there are ways we can compromise to make it work for everyone. Susan is a great hostess and she can handle and likes to handle having lots of swaps. So if Susan is great at it, why should she not be able to host that many swaps?
We have a lot of great and wonderful hostesses. We also have some great hostesses that have been faced with a variety of changes that resulted in bad outcomes for some swaps.

We are about six hours into announcement of the swap forum user group. If we see that things need to be tweaked, we certainly are open to that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #127  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

I just went back and checked when the change was posted. It was posted 5 days ago which means the May 18th date has been up there for 5 days. Of course, I just saw it today but it's been up there for 5 days.
Today is the first that I heard of this change as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #128  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
I understand the need to put rules in place, but do feel that this is punishment really to those of us who host responsibly. It is also disappointing to know we didn't have any input to the kinds of decisions made, or forewarning really other than a few days.
I agree that it takes the fun out of things in many ways. Many of us have 'earned' our reputation for hosting and have worked hard to do that, and that is why we host a lot and have a lot of participants because people can count on us to host responsibly and they know they'll enjoy it. I seek out swaps with those hostesses I know are like that as well just to participate in theirs.
I like the suggestion above that there be levels of hostessing perhaps, based upon your experience and reputation. Allowing those who are responsible to host more.
It obviously will limit the number of swaps I host (and available to others) -- that would eliminate more than two dozen from me alone if you go by current numbers. It will also prevent me from hosting ongoing ones, and basically force me to host only short term ones with limited crafting time so as to not have them open for long periods of time or consume my limit of only 5.
Very discouraging and disappointing to me as a hostess and as a participant.
well, I vouch for Susan: she commimunicates extremely well, has great themes and is so highly organized I am amazed. Props to our gal, Susan!! And we would loose a lot of great options if she is limited to 5.

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

I can see the PROS and CONS to both sides of this issue, both from a Hostess & a Swapper's point of few... I think there was a need for some sort of rules coming along.

I can feel the frustrations from both sides and yet I feel like a lot of others... I also feel very "PUNCHED IN THE GUT" I think was the words used... There are always going to be questions asked and answers needed and I like most of you feel very frustrated with change.

I also know that there will always be "Slackers" & "Flakers"! But I also know and feel very strongly about the fact that unless you put some sort of rating system or Swapper's accountability levels into play, so that we can start to weed out our own, you will never be able to totally manage or control the issues here. I like many others here have never had an issue as a hostess or a complaint as a swapper, that I know of. There are many ways and systems that could be put into place here that would work for accountability, one of the best has already been listed above in another post.

I hang out at SCS all the time on many different threads and posts... I think you guys do a marvelous job keeping up with all of us. I know that SCS has grown very fast and has far exceeded anyones expectations.

But I am very concerned about the need to post my personal information here, I have been burned in the past by a lady that picked up my personal info here and tried some identity thief stuff. Not fun.... And I am only posting this because I feel like we all need to be up front and honest. I know you as mods try very hard to keep everything as private as possible, and I know that it is a fairly secure site, but you can not guarantee anyone that their stuff posted here or anywhere on the internet will remain only in your eye site. That is a risk we all take as internet users!

SO the way I see it is this... As Swappers, "IF you are totally and completely worried about your info than just don't play here" otherwise have a little trust and go for it. I have once again posted my personal info and have applied because I am part of several upcoming swaps, I DIDN'T WANT TO, but my word and commitment as a swapper is more important right now.

I think this can be turned into positive thing, but I don't really see where you need our personal information, if we mess up just kick us off... it's that easy! We are all adults and we deserve the trust and respect that adults deserve.

With all that being said... I would like to welcome everyone to the new plan and assure you all that I am in support of the change, as long as we are all honest with each other.
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
Ok I must say from the flip side. I have hosted MANY swaps in the past year that I have been on SCS. However there have been SEVERAL times that I have thought of a swap to host, have gone to the thread list, and see that it's already being hosted by a hostess that has 10+ open swaps. I command these hostess for thinking of it before me but at the same time it's a bummer and let down to someone that can only handle 5 or less swaps at a time. It's not fair to those of us that can not multi-task like others. Like Michelle said it will allow EVERYONE including new members to SCS to have a chance to host a swap and reap the rewards so to say.

I can not tell you how many close SCS friends I have seen drop off the threads due to these disappoinments. Some of the girls have been on SCS for quiet some time. I just hate to see it happen to new people as well.

Just a little more of my two sense!!
I kind of agree with this. It's nice to let everyone have an opportunity to host.

My Blog
I Designed For PaperWorks Co
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

I understand the new rules and don't really have a problem with them, but I'm thinking that I wont host another LOTW swap, because being from Canada it's been way to hard to get everyone's letters in within the 10 days. The postal system takes way to long and life happens and people leave things to the last minute (myself included, just having a baby threw me off schedule big time). And I can't very well send everyone's swaps back without waiting for them all, because nobody wants to put all that work in just to get back incomplete words. Me as a swapper would much rather wait for them all, then get them back on time but incomplete. So I am stressing a little because my LOTW swap is already 12 days overdue and I still am waiting for 4 more packages (which involves a lot of letters). I've been assured that they've all gone postal, so I want to wait for them, but I don't want to get in trouble for breaking the rules.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #132  
Glitter Guru

Is there any way SCS can send emails or PMs to members to let them know of big changes like this one? Maybe a banner that appears at the top of all SCS pages?

I'm always on the swap threads, but I get there either through the links in my email notifications or from my subscribtion list - I rarely go to the main page of the Swap Forum.

Michelle and Jenn popped into many of the threads I am on, so that was a great help. And I posted links to the instructions on another. I just was thinking that if it were at least on the home page, people would see it better. Maybe that would reduce the amount of stress/tension that users are experiencing. Change is one thing, shock/surprise just makes it that bit more difficult to accept and adjust to. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #133  
Hardware Hotshot

I am just really on the fence with this! On one hand I understand that the MODS are probably bombarded with complaints. I have never been one to complain to a MOD but on the other hand there are a few swaps that I wait for over a month to get something back because we are waiting for a slacker, or waiting for a angel to fill in and although its not like waiting on life saving medication, it gets annoying. I also am in a couple of Secret Sister swaps that are due tomorrow and I have nothing yet so I think I am going to be flaked on which is a dissapointment. On the other hand, we have some terrific hostesses who seem to keep on top of everything and some of their swaps go to charity. It does seem like you should be able to "build" that up. As for me, I am hosting six now, but the due date is staggered on them so I can concentrate on one swap at a time. That is "managment". I won't host more than that because of our small post office and I don't want my post man....well.....going postal on me (jk, I love him) I anticipate those wonderful hostesses will continue to do a great job, maybe some shorter due dates which would definatly affect the way I sign up for swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #134  
Swapper of the Month March 2012

I really appreciate all the complements from all of you!

For the record, I do understand the difficulties they are facing, and by all means will abide by the user rules, after all, as all of you all know too well, I'm an addicted hostess and enabler on here. I think the toughest part of this isn't going to be adapting to the change, its that I'm going to need addiction counseling to go through the withdrawals of hosting. Not that I've ever been one, but I think I now know how a smoker feels when they tell them they can no longer have a pack a day and only give them 5 cigarettes!

I've voiced all of my objections, concerns and questions at this point I think... driving the mods nuts, as vocal as I am. BTW, in case you can't tell, I'm a type A, former program/project manager, and a former webmaster/web editor/web publisher/writer too. In any case, they know my suggestions and disagreements, and hopefully as things progress, maybe can consider some of them!

Thanks again all for your complements and support too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley_frogsView Post
well, I vouch for Susan: she commimunicates extremely well, has great themes and is so highly organized I am amazed. Props to our gal, Susan!! And we would loose a lot of great options if she is limited to 5.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #135  

I don't think that it would change. I host a variety of swaps, but just because I came up with the idea first, shouldn't mean others hold that against me. Even if I were hosting only 5, there's that chance that it would still occur!

I've had people even come and ask me if they host a similar one, would I be offended, and by all means I have said not at all, in fact, encourage others to even host and share that info on my threads, as well as answer a lot of questions from others who have hosting questions regularly!

I think with 100,000+ members, there are plenty of them to go around! I sign up for several of them that are the same LOTW words, ATC themes, etc. If your a swapper, you can relate, you just want to have fun!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery123View Post
I kind of agree with this. It's nice to let everyone have an opportunity to host.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #136  

YOU'RE FROM CANADA???? OH NO!!!!

I am just kidding.

As a hostess and a swapper, I think that is just part of what we should all be taking into consideration. I don't think it is that you have to get them back to everyone in 10 days, I think you just have to SEND them back out within 10 days. And I think ALL of these rules are going to take a LOT of adjusting to. I am pretty lenient as a hostess, though I always try to get things out within a week... and have been known to make my own things to substitute in for someone who hasn't shown, only to get them a few days later, and just have to end up with a lot more of those and less of what I set out to get. Its just part of the hostessing thing to me. I think those who aren't willing to accept some of the downfalls of hosting such as this and a percentage of drops/flakes, shouldn't host, especially one-on-one, secret sister, LOTW, A-Z, etc. swaps where its going to require last minute angeling. Now I'm sure many of you will disagree with that statement, its just my opinion, and my thoughts about the responsibilities that come with hostessing and how I manage mine the way I do.

No offense intended to you Avery or anyone on here at all, so please do not take it that way. I love being in all your swaps and having you all in mine. I'm just suggesting it to the mods also as a rule that needs to be implemented on hostesses to keep them responsible for their part too. It helps them out in that if those hostesses who don't do that (angel last minute or such) then don't upset participants who then complain about hostess bumping dates out or not sending as committed.

Quote:

I understand the new rules and don't really have a problem with them, but I'm thinking that I wont host another LOTW swap, because being from Canada it's been way to hard to get everyone's letters in within the 10 days. The postal system takes way to long and life happens and people leave things to the last minute (myself included, just having a baby threw me off schedule big time). And I can't very well send everyone's swaps back without waiting for them all, because nobody wants to put all that work in just to get back incomplete words. Me as a swapper would much rather wait for them all, then get them back on time but incomplete. So I am stressing a little because my LOTW swap is already 12 days overdue and I still am waiting for 4 more packages (which involves a lot of letters). I've been assured that they've all gone postal, so I want to wait for them, but I don't want to get in trouble for breaking the rules.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #137  

Wow, Kristin -- I didn't even think about the impact to the post office here... the postmaster now at the one I go to here just adjusted to my swapping and has actually said thanks because it is keeping them employed and busy! And we even just bought a bigger mailbox and installed it. Guess that wasn't needed. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbickelView Post
I am just really on the fence with this! On one hand I understand that the MODS are probably bombarded with complaints. I have never been one to complain to a MOD but on the other hand there are a few swaps that I wait for over a month to get something back because we are waiting for a slacker, or waiting for a angel to fill in and although its not like waiting on life saving medication, it gets annoying. I also am in a couple of Secret Sister swaps that are due tomorrow and I have nothing yet so I think I am going to be flaked on which is a dissapointment. On the other hand, we have some terrific hostesses who seem to keep on top of everything and some of their swaps go to charity. It does seem like you should be able to "build" that up. As for me, I am hosting six now, but the due date is staggered on them so I can concentrate on one swap at a time. That is "managment". I won't host more than that because of our small post office and I don't want my post man....well.....going postal on me (jk, I love him) I anticipate those wonderful hostesses will continue to do a great job, maybe some shorter due dates which would definatly affect the way I sign up for swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #138  

MOD: Is there a limit as to how many people can be signed up in one swap???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have no trouble sending swaps back out on time (I've hosted 3 previous swaps that I returned within a few days of the due date) I just have a problem returning peoples words incomplete when the other sets are on their way. I wouldn't mind angeling if need be, however I would not be able to get 42 letters (which is how many I'm waiting for) done in time anyway, so I'd rather wait for the ones that have been sent to arrive. It does drive me crazy being late though and I do feel bad for the people that sent theirs in on time, it's a terrible position to be in. All I'm saying is, when I am the swapper in that case, I'd rather wait and get back the whole word then have the hostess feel she has to send them back incomplete to meet the time line.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #140  

Oh, I agree with you -- personally I don't mind waiting as long as that is communicated out on the threads like you do! Like I said, I'm fairly lenient, but I know of other hostesses and swappers that don't feel that way, so I do understand both sides of the coin that the mods are dealing with, just hoping that if they are implementing rules, they are ones that really do make the intended impact. I think the 10 day rule may force me to not be lenient anymore and have to start turning back some swaps instead for those that are arriving late unfortunately, I'm not willing to lose my privileges of hosting over it, though if it does become stressing, then I will quit hosting altogether. Life is too short to be stressed over this... I do it because I enjoy it and consider it a blessing. That is one reason I'm so disappointed in the restrictions.

Quote:

I have no trouble sending swaps back out on time (I've hosted 3 previous swaps that I returned within a few days of the due date) I just have a problem returning peoples words incomplete when the other sets are on their way. I wouldn't mind angeling if need be, however I would not be able to get 42 letters (which is how many I'm waiting for) done in time anyway, so I'd rather wait for the ones that have been sent to arrive. It does drive me crazy being late though and I do feel bad for the people that sent theirs in on time, it's a terrible position to be in. All I'm saying is, when I am the swapper in that case, I'd rather wait and get back the whole word then have the hostess feel she has to send them back incomplete to meet the time line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

That is one reason I'm so disappointed in the restrictions.
One of the things I love about this place is that we tweak and adjust things here and there and always work to make things better. We love to hear from our community members and certainly take their suggestions into consideration! Thanks so much for asking questions and haring YOUR thoughts and feelings!

Michelle, you're rockin' the answers. Thank YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh, I agree with you -- personally I don't mind waiting as long as that is communicated out on the threads like you do! Like I said, I'm fairly lenient, but I know of other hostesses and swappers that don't feel that way, so I do understand both sides of the coin that the mods are dealing with, just hoping that if they are implementing rules, they are ones that really do make the intended impact. I think the 10 day rule may force me to not be lenient anymore and have to start turning back some swaps instead for those that are arriving late unfortunately, I'm not willing to lose my privileges of hosting over it, though if it does become stressing, then I will quit hosting altogether. Life is too short to be stressed over this... I do it because I enjoy it and consider it a blessing. That is one reason I'm so disappointed in the restrictions.
You're right. It's sure too bad that people flake or none of this would be necessary. I totally understand the mods and don't blame them. I just panicked a little knowing that I'm already late, therefore breaking rules and I HATE breaking rules, lol.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #143  
Forum Fanatic

The 10 day rule has always been in our guidelines.

Yes, there are circumstances when swaps need to be pushed back. But, like all the other changes, we are now enforcing the 10 day rule because we had swaps that were getting pushed back months passed the original due date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #144  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,182 Likes on 513 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDiegoGalView Post
Yes. Thanks for helping to spread the word.
I mad dose mean All PIf thread?? Your guys just took me fun.... and friendship! :(:twisted::confused: I am not to sign up mebmership... Just so I can hung with Ipf friend that dump....
inker say hello to my friends hottiw
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #145  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello just catching up, I'm off to let all my swap participants know of the change come Monday.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #146  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok I'm sorry I just thought of something. Is there an emblem or something that will appear by approved user names?? the reason I ask is for existing swaps that are open it would be nice to know if someone that is signed up is a member or not.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #147  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

MOD: Is there a limit as to how many people can be signed up in one swap???
There is no limit on # of swap participants at this time.

We encourage each Hostesses to be aware of what they can handle. It's a lot of work to swap out a big swap.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #148  

Okay. Believe me, I know, after the Easter Egg one this year! But it was fun too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #149  
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Quote:

Good question, Crystal. I don't check email for this as often so I hope its via Pm.
Good point indeed!!!
I don't check ANY e-mails (with my old 'hotmail' addy such as I subscribed a while ago on SCS) therefore ANY info to me directly should come via pm!!
Thank U Mods!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #150  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
Ok I'm sorry I just thought of something. Is there an emblem or something that will appear by approved user names?? the reason I ask is for existing swaps that are open it would be nice to know if someone that is signed up is a member or not.
We don't have an emblem option right now but, don't worry - your current swappers will still be able to see your swap thread and read any updates you post even if they have not applied for membership yet. If they try to post to the thread it will let them know they need to sign up for the group to post and if they need to get in touch with you right away they can send a pm.

You can also add a note to your first post letting your swappers know that they can PM you if they have any questions & are unable to post in the thread.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Julie!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #152  
Watercolor Wizard

If you've answered such a ques. already, I apologize, but this thread is a lot to read! Anyway, if we get a hostesses permission to send in the swap cards a day or 2 late, is that ok? Also, as a hostess, can I give someone permission to send their swap cards in late? (Late being after the due date).

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Audrey you might want to wait to hear from the MODS but if I remember correctly there is 10 day flex and that is it.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #154  
Mad Swapper

Firstly, thank you to SDiegoGal and the other mods for so patiently answering all the questions posted here. I do have one to add. I am currently hostessing my first swap and have set the close date for August 15 and the in my hands closing date 4 weeks later. I have set the dates that way to allow for cross border swappers to get their packages in the mail and to me (I am in Canada.) My intent is to swap and get them out as soon as possible - definitely within the 10 day period. To comply with the new rules, should I change one of those dates? The close date could be moved closer to the due date...just needing clarification. Thanks so much, once again.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #155  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaLView Post
Firstly, thank you to SDiegoGal and the other mods for so patiently answering all the questions posted here. I do have one to add. I am currently hostessing my first swap and have set the close date for August 15 and the in my hands closing date 4 weeks later. I have set the dates that way to allow for cross border swappers to get their packages in the mail and to me (I am in Canada.) My intent is to swap and get them out as soon as possible - definitely within the 10 day period. To comply with the new rules, should I change one of those dates? The close date could be moved closer to the due date...just needing clarification. Thanks so much, once again.
No need to change any of the dates - the "In Your Hands By" date is the date we're talking about when we say "Close Date" You're all set if you plan to get the swaps back out in the mail within 10 days of your In My Hands By Date!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #156  
Mad Swapper

Awesome! Thank you!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #157  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippieaudView Post
If you've answered such a ques. already, I apologize, but this thread is a lot to read! Anyway, if we get a hostesses permission to send in the swap cards a day or 2 late, is that ok? Also, as a hostess, can I give someone permission to send their swap cards in late? (Late being after the due date).

Thanks.
These issues will come up - and you can continue to handle them in much the same way you always have. If you're going to be a day or two late - let your hostess know. As a hostess you can still give someone premission to send in a little late. The 10 Day return guideline has been in effect for quite a while so things should basically continue as business as usual in that reguard.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #158  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Okay. Believe me, I know, after the Easter Egg one this year! But it was fun too!
It's because of Susan and all her swaps that I decided to start hosting(she was totally supportive, like a swap hostess mentor of sorts!)...just finished my first one. Despite 2 flakers, everything was returned on time, etc.

I'm just disappointed that SCS didn't post this info to hostesses and participants through a pm so that everyone would receive it.

I've got more than 5 going right now (2 more are on their way back to participants) and I set the due dates so that I can handle what I'm doing.

I like the idea of an "ebay" like rating system so people can respond with "feedback" after they complete the swap. Hostesses and swappers could "earn their stars" so to speak.

Anyway, nothing changes for me...I registered and hope all my participants do the same in the swaps I'm hosting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #159  
SCS Swap Moderator

I am a hostess and a swapper. I have lost all my threads and have already joined the group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #160  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluskyView Post
I am a hostess and a swapper. I have lost all my threads and have already joined the group.
I don't know if this will help, but you could go to your own name in one of your posts, then link to the "Find more posts by <yourname>" and re-subscribe to anything you've posted to. It's probably a TON, but at least it's filtering of some kind for you!

Hope that makes sense!! (And helps!)
Reply With Quote Likes