Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

A couple more pages for this months goal..........

rough surf left

rough surf right

and they fit Sharon's inspiration challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I think I totally missed August! Between vacation and my oldest going into Kindergarten plus having moved in July; things have been crazy! I'm determined to scrapbook sometime in the month of September though. Hopefully 2 pages.
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

Is there a place to see when the next VSBN is?
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #44  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
Is there a place to see when the next VSBN is?
pssssttt.... watch the VSBN Forum for upcoming news! We have the details almost worked out and ready to post

Great Question
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Day 6 of September with page 5 and 6 done! I think I could do one for each day of the month......... will I??? That remains to be seen.

Strange Snow Birds

I took pictures everywhere we went while in Venice Fl this past winter/spring. We only visited for a few day (live in N Fl year round) but we packed in plenty of activities in a short time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #46  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a Sept page, I have started working on this progressive page too.

Last one for tonight!

Last edited by Markey; 09-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: added another linked page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well today is the last day of my unexpected week off and I didn't seem to get as much accomplished as I was hoping. No scrapping at all but I did get domestic things done that I don't normally do (like making real meals for dinner) and it was nice to be able to take my time doing those things by myself without any tagalongs Today I have to devote to business shopping and then spending the afternoon with DH at our old shop taking a conference call concerning the new shop. We went office furniture shopping yesterday and bought my new office furniture...exciting! Once the office gets repainted and the furniture put together I'll take pictures so I can scrap it.

Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Okay...I've put it off all week...need to clean :(. But it's a light day of running around so I'm hoping to get some pages done later today.

Hope you're all having a FUN FRIDAY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Hi everyone! I found this forum and I'd like to join your group. I started papercrafting through a local SU group about 4 years ago. My main goal was to scrapbook & make 6X6 recipe cards but I seem to do more card making. My family says every event turns into a photo op but they never see any scrapbook pages. I like your idea of setting a monthly goal with a group....it will really make me accountable with no real consquences except I'll have to fess up to you...LOL.

I do have one question...I've done some pages from my own stash but have been attending CKC Scrapbooking Conventions so I have ALOT of kits that need to be assembled then pictures and journaling added. Is this acceptable for this forum? Let me know your thoughts. :smile:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
Hi everyone! I found this forum and I'd like to join your group. I started papercrafting through a local SU group about 4 years ago. My main goal was to scrapbook & make 6X6 recipe cards but I seem to do more card making. My family says every event turns into a photo op but they never see any scrapbook pages. I like your idea of setting a monthly goal with a group....it will really make me accountable with no real consquences except I'll have to fess up to you...LOL.

I do have one question...I've done some pages from my own stash but have been attending CKC Scrapbooking Conventions so I have ALOT of kits that need to be assembled then pictures and journaling added. Is this acceptable for this forum? Let me know your thoughts. :smile:
Welcome Lou Ann. Any type of scrapbooking done is good! Having kits like that should help you get done faster! That's even better

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #51  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Welcome Lou Ann. Any type of scrapbooking done is good! Having kits like that should help you get done faster! That's even better

Terry
Glad to hear it's OK!! For September I'm going to start off with two 2 page layouts and work my way to more in October.

Here's a couple of sample of my past pages which were CKC classes:

Vintage Wedding by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Jeff & Cindy's Wedding by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Terry, By the way CKC was in Lancaster in July this year at the Marriott...did you attend? It was an excellent location for the event but the stamp/scrapbook stores in your area were exceptional. You're lucky to live there!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,004 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Quote:

Glad to hear it's OK!! For September I'm going to start off with two 2 page layouts and work my way to more in October.

Vintage Wedding by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Jeff & Cindy's Wedding by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Terry, By the way CKC was in Lancaster in July this year at the Marriott...did you attend? It was an excellent location for the event but the stamp/scrapbook stores in your area were exceptional. You're lucky to live there!!
Amazing Pages, Lou Ann. So glad you joined with us in scrapbooking goals.

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #53  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Welcome

Quote:

LouAnn, Glad to have you join us ... we say the "best" scrappin' is a page that's done. Kits, sketches, Digi ... it's all good here! Welcome to our Scrappy Group
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Yeah...workin' this morning then scrappin' this afternoon! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Love the filmy effect of the large picture...is that vellum over the picture?

No. I don't ever read the paper and if DH doesn't tell me about something, I don't know about it. I was going to therapy for knee surgery in July and my PT actually told me about it after it was over! If I would have had someone to go with, I might have gone but I really don't do any paper scrapping anymore..just digi these days (less messy ) Did you stay all weekend for it? You live quite a ways away from here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Stamping Inspiration: STORAGE SATURDAY, Card Stock Storage...
Check out this storage solution for paper. It looks awesome! (Yea...I know. I don't get out much ) I was cyber space jumping again waiting for DGS to eat breakfast so we can get going for his league bowling in about an hour!

And this demo also has a thing for sponge daubers...never saw that before...super idea. (I found this through Lou Ann's one post-very cool!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #57  
Forum Fanatic

Here's my first Sept. page. TFL
meeting great grandpa by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #58  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

The purpose of this thread is to get YOUR scrapping done, so anything you want to do is OK! This isn't a site that prohibits using any products, so feel free to use whatever you want. We're just here to lend support, share together in our common love for scrapping and to ohh and ahh at each others' creations! :p

So, WELCOME, and we look forward to seeing your pages, if you choose to share them (and we hope you do!) In addition to any challenge keywords, we try to add SBC12SEP (or SBC12OCT, etc.) to our keywords in our page descriptions so we can all find them in one spot. Makes it easier to exchange and give some love!

Feel free to participate in any challenge--whether it's listed as scrap or digiscrap too!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #59  

Gonna be a hectic week for me. I'm in charge of a big raffle/auction our dance club is holding next Saturday (9/15) and I'm WAY behind getting it ready since I've been a little under the weather. So, aside from posting Task 2 of the progressive challenge on Tuesday, you might not see me posting much this week. Don't expect to get much, if any, scrapping done!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #60  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks to all for your kind words on my previous posts. Both were fun classes to take...especially Tami Potter's Mosaic Moments, she has such great ideas. I did take 2 digi classes in Lancaster, PA this year with one of my firends, Lisa AKA runswithscissors. We plan on getting together soon to practice and I'm sure in time we'll convert. It's much easier to shop on line than rummage through a stash!! Not sure what program(s) / site you use but this class used Photoshop Elements 10.

I will definately share my completed projects and will use the keywords above. I thought I'd have time this afternoon but once supper is over I'd headed to my craft corner. Hope to post soon!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

Ooohh...another possible digi scrapper I use Photoshop Elements 9 and have been digiscrapping since July 2010. I took 2 or 3 classes at JessicaSprague.com to learn the program and have never looked back! So we'll look forward to seeing those pages too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #62  

I use Photoshop Elements 9 and own 10 but haven't loaded it, as my HD is pretty full. I'm happy with 9, though, so not in a rush. I also have My Digital Studio and am trying to get familiar with it since I host the digiscrap progressive challenges and quite a few digiscrappers on SCS use that program and I'd like to be sure the challenges I post are fun for both MDS and PSE users. A few people use other programs too, but the above 2 seem to be the most popular here.

I also used to be a Stampin' Up hobby demo and, who knows, if I get to know MDS well enough, I just might get back into being a demo and helping customers become familiar with MDS. PSE will always be my #1 go-to program though because it does so much!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #63  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm glad to hear Lisa and I are on the right track with Photoshop. We took Patty Debowski's classes. She is "The Digiatl Scrapbook Teacher". There are 2 other classes she teaches we want to take but she's not traveling next year so we'll have to take it online or wait another year until she's back for the CKC Convention.

Oh, someone asked if the 12X12 wedding picture is printed on velumn...no, it's on cardstock printed in sepia. My friend, Shannon has a Cannon printer that does 12X12 and she printed it for me. Really nice printer and I'm thinking of getting one. We live in a rural area and have limited access to getting larger prints except by mail. It turned out very nice and you'd never know ti wasn't on photo paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

I had signed up a while ago for the Big Picture Classes and today was day #6. Cathy Zielske provided a digi template and it was a very simple quick deal so I decided to try it and entered a layout. I put it in here too but forgot that it's Sunday so no one will be able to see it until tomorrow.

Rufus

This is number 1 for September. TFL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #65  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face well...

...not quite caught up for the L.O.A.D. I committed to w/ MP but 8 pages done for this weekend. I like that pace as I had other things to do and next weekend I'm headed to an all day crop. Here's Mine, I did some scraplifting

Happy 21

For the Love of Balloons

Hot Day @ the Zoo

oh yeah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Well I have been VERY sick 10 days in bed and 15 pounds lighter I am starting to feel a bit better. This is only the 2nd time I have been up and around and just being up for a few has gotten the better of me. I did not make my goal for Aug and I don't think I will set one for Sept. I am not sure how this is all going to work out with my RA and no immune system..........hopefully I will be back feeling better in a week or so but not sure when I will scrap again... hopefully soon. Well I am off to bed again. Even using a lap top makes me dizzy. Keep smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sad to hear you aren't feeling well. sending prayers your way!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

Setting goal of 10 lo's. hope to do more. I'll be finishing my Spain lo's and starting my DNC lo's.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

#2 for Sept! A Story of Hair by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #69  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi and thanks to everyone for your well wishes. I am feeling better but do not want to over due it so I am giving myself one more week of recoup time then I think I will be good to go!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #70  
Glitter Guru

I have a couple more pages done for the month, more from our day at the beach.

Fun In The Sun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #71  
Glitter Guru

Doing a little catch up tonight with reading and comments. I have two more pages to post but have to finish the journaling first then find time when the sun is out to take pictures, edit them and post to SCS. WOW with all that you would think I would take up digi scrapping!!! It is a thought but I don't want to explain to my DH what I am doing with all of the paper crafting supplies that take up so much space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #72  
Gallery Gazer

My poor DH. He got up at 4:30 a.m. to leave the house with 3 other friends at 5:15 to catch an 8 a.m. flight to Chicago. They found an oil leak in the plane and after 8 hrs, they canceled the flight! He's not been a happy camper today! Then they had to wait for their bags and drive 2 hours to another airport to catch a 7:15 p.m. flight to Chicago. After a 25 minute delay on the runway, he is finally in the air! He's so mad that he missed a whole day of the tool show he paid to attend so I am wondering if they are going to stay Friday now since they missed today. What a day! Maybe this is one I should scrap for him for the last VSBN! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #73  

Default Digiscrap Challenges are posted!

The digiscrap challenges for Tuesday have been posted a little early:

Digital Scrapbooking - Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #74  
Hardware Hotshot

I finally made major progress on my two 2 page layouts last ngiht. I just need to add the titles and journolaing then will them post. Hopefully I'll get to work on that tomorrow night! Tonight is dinner out with our group, the NEPA Gigglers to celetrabe our Sept birthdays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #75  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Okay, I've NEVER done this before but I've been eye-spying Cheryl (Motherload) for a few years and I'm ALWAYS impressed when she commits to a layout a day challenge and she's inspired me to attempt it this month! YIKES! That would be record setting for me but I'm soooooooo far behind my goal that I'm going to do it...anyone with me???? :-))
Mary Pat, I really wanted to do this this month but ended up being swamped designing cards for two workshops, so I guess it will have to wait until October. Good luck, though! It would be fun sometime to have a group of us doing it and keeping each other accountable to finish a layout a day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #76  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Mary Pat, I really wanted to do this this month but ended up being swamped designing cards for two workshops, so I guess it will have to wait until October. Good luck, though! It would be fun sometime to have a group of us doing it and keeping each other accountable to finish a layout a day.
I think I'd have a panic attack if I tried to even commit to doing a page a day! :p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #77  
Glitter Guru

Here are my final two pages for this months goal. Now anything I get finished will be incing on my goal for the year.

Beach Boy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #78  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I think I'd have a panic attack if I tried to even commit to doing a page a day! :p
Me too!

I sometimes have problems just trying to do one a week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #79  
Forum Fanatic

Here is page #2 for this month. TFL
Sept. task #2 by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #80  
Hardware Hotshot

I hope to finish and post my 4 vpages tonight or tomorrow at the lastest. I'm having trouble cutting out one of the picture titles with a Spellbinder to match the photo mat. I finiahed cutting the letters for the tittles and just need to put them on the pages. I'm happy with it so far...can you hear me patting myself on my back...LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes