Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2018, 01:59 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Happy Wednesday everyone....hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Welcome Lisa...look forward to seeing your creations.

Joyce Ann, sorry to hear of the "accident" with your little poppet GGS...nothing worse than a chipped tooth but it can be fixed once he is older. Oops re the biting...poor Tiny Tot but little ones unfortunately don't know what's always wrong.

I'm trying to find my creativity. We've nearly got on top of all the jobs now and just have the outside to clean once the weather improves. It's our monthly craft group in a couple of weeks and I will be doing an xmas card kit with all of the others ladies. Until then, I need to rekindle my relationship with my craft room and stuff LOL.

Happy day everyone
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 06:16 AM   #82  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Feedback needed!

Need some feedback from you gals. I am picking up scrapbooking my photos from 2014, which is when our foster kids were placed with us. We were not supposed to post pictures of them online while they were still foster kids, so I haven't scrapbooked any photos of them. When we adopted them, we changed my son's name from Angel to Oliver, but for the whole time from 2014 - 2017, we called him Angel. So does it make sense to use that name in scrapbooks until his adoption day? It seems funny to call him that now since I've gotten so used to his new name, but it was what we used during the time period I'll be scrapbooking. Help!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 08:18 AM   #83  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Need some feedback from you gals. I am picking up scrapbooking my photos from 2014, which is when our foster kids were placed with us. We were not supposed to post pictures of them online while they were still foster kids, so I haven't scrapbooked any photos of them. When we adopted them, we changed my son's name from Angel to Oliver, but for the whole time from 2014 - 2017, we called him Angel. So does it make sense to use that name in scrapbooks until his adoption day? It seems funny to call him that now since I've gotten so used to his new name, but it was what we used during the time period I'll be scrapbooking. Help!

Speaking from experience, I would call him Oliver on the pages. When you scrap the page of his adoption (may have already), I would share the story of the name change.

These pages will be around for years (we hope) and his name is now Oliver - he was only Angel to you for three years. He's going to be Oliver to you for many more!

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 09:08 AM   #84  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

I totally agree with what Melissa said!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #85  
Hardware Hotshot

How funny, I was leaning the other way on the name thing! Hmm, have to think about this some more. Anyway, I completed another layout for VSBN. Only three more to go.

Valiant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 02:16 PM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 895 Likes on 568 Posts

ummm have you asked Oliver? Sorry to throw in a monkey wrench but I was adopted as a child
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #87  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Cheryl, if the photo/story relates to the fact he was called differently then, perhaps you could refer to that in your journaling. I think it would get confusing in the future when the loved ones look back through the albums. You could add on the page that he was then going by the different name but that seems counter productive to telling the marvelous story of how he came to be part of THIS family. How important is it to you and dad to point out the different name of each of the early layouts? You changed his name for a reason. Do you hesitate because you feel you would be doing him an injustice by not making a note of the first name on every page? Telling the story of the name change is important, but you wouldn't want it to be an issue or confusion in the future. IMHO
Personally, I'm for you and what ever you decide - I'll always be rooting for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I should explain. My son's father walked out on us. My son had no choice in the matter. When I started scrapbooking his life I asked him what he wanted in his book. The book was balanced until he told me he no longer wanted pictures of his dad in his book.

Am I making any sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #89  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Sorry I should explain. My son's father walked out on us. My son had no choice in the matter. When I started scrapbooking his life I asked him what he wanted in his book. The book was balanced until he told me he no longer wanted pictures of his dad in his book.

Am I making any sense?
I get where you're coming from but I have to be honest, I've given up the pretense that I'm scrapbooking so my kids will have the story of their life preserved. I fully expect that when I die, the kids will fight over who has to take all the scrapbooks - LOL! So this isn't really Oliver or Brianna or Elliot or Adrian's book, this is our family album(s). I guess that is why I'm trying to figure out the name thing because him being Angel for three years was such a part of our story as a family. My oldest son still calls him Angel, and told me he will probably always think of him that way. Plus we have all his memorabila (cards, report cards, etc.) from that time period that says Angel. So it's complicated. . . Appreciate all the feedback, BTW.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

and now for something completely different

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 09:26 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

ahh... then call him Angel when he was Angel

then the story of how
Angel came into our lives and became Oliver

It is just my son and I. We do look at the albums and we do show them to his GF. I have my own album, and he has his
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 09:33 PM   #92  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Cheryl, all I can say is that I understand the conflict. I've been scanning in my grandparents photos and adding captions to the digital copies with names, dates, any other info I have (location, background story, etc) and I started off by going with the person's last name at the time of the photo, which is perfect for little girls whose names are often changed when they marry. But then it gets tricky with my aunt who has been divorced more than once, and I am not positive what her last name was that year. And cousins who are divorced and want the ex forgotten. And my uncle who has a different father than my dad, but he took my grandfather's last name when he turned 18, even tho my grandfather had passed away by that point. It's just plain tricky. Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2018, 06:49 AM   #93  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynn, your vessel card is wonderful! Very moving.

Cheryl and Tanya, all is good when we go at it with the intention of scrapping the times from our heart. There is always more to our past stories than first seen on the initial surface. Just follow your heart, scrap for yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #94  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
Cheryl, all I can say is that I understand the conflict. I've been scanning in my grandparents photos and adding captions to the digital copies with names, dates, any other info I have (location, background story, etc) and I started off by going with the person's last name at the time of the photo, which is perfect for little girls whose names are often changed when they marry. But then it gets tricky with my aunt who has been divorced more than once, and I am not positive what her last name was that year. And cousins who are divorced and want the ex forgotten. And my uncle who has a different father than my dad, but he took my grandfather's last name when he turned 18, even tho my grandfather had passed away by that point. It's just plain tricky. Good luck to you.
Yes, that is very tricky! I have two weddings I attended and took photos of that didn't last more than three years, so I'm puzzled how to scrapbook them. Just skip them, knowing they didn't end well? I guess change is the one constant in life, so we just have to do our best. I have a friend who, if she didn't remember the details of an event and couldn't find anyone else who could remind her, just made something up! I couldn't believe it, but she told me that if no one else remembered, what difference did it make? Her version of "history is written by the victors!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #95  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Cool Hmmm

Cheryl, my nephew that just got married is Mike (now) however when he was born, my Sis was married to another man and he had a different name. He was young when she got remarried 6-ish. Her new husband adopted him and they changed his name to Mike. He's been Mike since then and because it was so long ago, he doesn't really remember ever being the "other" name. My family and younger niece, nephews all thinks it's weird now when they look back at my scrapbooks and see the stories with his Original name because "the younger generation" all thinks of him as Mike ... I don't think it's strange and neither does my Mom but I've noticed it seems to be an "age" thing ...

Since your oldest son still calls him Angel, perhaps it won't be strange to them. To be "closer to actual" maybe calling him Angel in the 2014 scrapbook would be normal to all of them ... just not sure if they would think the same someday after years of calling him Oliver?

That's a tough one ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #96  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I had a few chuckles when reading your posts Cheryl!! I'm with you in the sense that my family will be fighting over who HAS to take all the scrap books!!! I have said I scrap for my grands kids but in recent years decided that is not the case any longer. I scrap for myself!!!

Loved the "history is written by the victors"!

The beauty is there is no wrong way of doing a scrapbook!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #97  
Glitter Guru

I am one over my monthly goal I set for myself.

More albums to buy for family to fight over!!

All I have are full....or for events that I have not finished scrapping yet.
Guess that should be my goal for next month, finish up events that have albums started!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #98  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sage advise Sharon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 07:00 AM   #99  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking yes, yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I am one over my monthly goal I set for myself.

More albums to buy for family to fight over!!

All I have are full....or for events that I have not finished scrapping yet.
Guess that should be my goal for next month, finish up events that have albums started!!!

I had to start working on the same "issue" Sharon! I had so many partial albums and very few done, I've been trying to focus on that ... so hard though as I like to scrap current. I've been mixing it up to at least make progress

I was planning to spend the day Scrapping but my DS needs help at his new Restaurant with a Wedding Catering Event so I'm off to be "cheap labor" ... but spend the day with him! Yay!

Still have 2 VSBN Challenges to finish tomorrow ... hope you all have scrappy weekend plans
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 08:19 AM   #100  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy for you Lela - spend all the time you can with your loved ones!

I do plan to continue to work on a double pager today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 04:55 PM   #101  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Yes, that is very tricky! I have two weddings I attended and took photos of that didn't last more than three years, so I'm puzzled how to scrapbook them. Just skip them, knowing they didn't end well? I guess change is the one constant in life, so we just have to do our best. I have a friend who, if she didn't remember the details of an event and couldn't find anyone else who could remind her, just made something up! I couldn't believe it, but she told me that if no one else remembered, what difference did it make? Her version of "history is written by the victors!"

That. Is both hilarious and completely crazy to me!
I don't know what to do with those wedding pics either................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2018, 10:55 PM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Just popping in to say Happy Monday. No scrapping or creating done...yet. Unfortunately too many other things to do this end. The good news is that the sun finally has its hat on...yay.

Enjoy.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2018, 03:11 PM   #103  
Die Cut Diva

I can’t seem to get my mojo going to do anything, let alone scrapbook. Removing my ovaries sure has wrecked havoc on me ... hot flashes like never before and emotional ... I even cry watching a Hallmark movie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 04:46 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Michele, go grab a photo - any photo - then grab some paper! Fight through this slump! It doesn't have to be your best work. You don't even have to actually put this layout in an album. Once you get the feel for the process, the mojo might return.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 05:09 AM   #105  
Glitter Guru

Good advice Joyce Ann, just shuffling around with paper and pictures will sometimes do the trick with getting the mojo to return.

My best bet is to start thoroughly cleaning/reorganizing my room, that will get me scrapping in a heartbeat...which is why my room is only ever half cleaned!!!
Then who doesn't cry during a Hallmark movie??

I've been doing that reading some of the posts on FB!!!

Jayne, I would imagine it will take a bit of time to get organized and scrapping again after being gone so long. That was you I was reading about on an extended trip??

My biggest accomplishment this month other than getting 21 pages done... is getting most of the years worth of layouts into their respective albums!!
That is one of the major reasons to scrap or switch to chronological scrapping, which I do not do!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 09:06 AM   #106  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

I'm totally opposite Sharon. If I'm cleaning or organizing, I'm not interested in scrapping.

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 04:32 PM   #107  
Die Cut Diva

I made a 3D card today!!! Tried to load a pic in my IPad but it won’t load.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 08:15 PM   #108  
Hardware Hotshot

I completed a few layouts over the past week but felt too lazy to post them. Since the month is ending tonight, I figured I should finally post them in the gallery, so I got that done tonight. Two are for my daughter's school album, and two are from our London trip. Almost done with day 4 of our 14 day trip!

Brianna's Halloween
Brianna's Crazy Hair Day
National Gallery
Dinner @ the Crypt

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 08:43 PM   #109  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Maple Leaf It's HERE

November
Thread
Is
HERE!

Wow!
Reply With Quote Likes