Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got something for the digi girls. found this in gallery today.
Day of the Dead-Papertrey WCMD Challenge by nmckinney at Splitcoaststampers

http://www.mygrafico.com/freebies/da...s/prod_96.html

enjoy!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #82  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm back in! Doing well with my page goals! Also with budget goal in Sept! I didn't spend ANYTHING! Wahoo for me! I won't do so well in Oct. since dd is having a SU party and I HAVE TO HAVE those Build-a-Bears in the holiday catalog! Anyway my goal for pages this month is 10. Shouldn't be any problem...I did 17 last month! I'm trying AGAIN to learn digi! If I ever get the hang of it, I'm sure that it will be faster. I'm also in again in the Scrap What I Send You game. I wondered what happened last month since I was first on the list and never received anything! Sometimes I think our mail man must have a garage full of my mail!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
I'm back in! Doing well with my page goals! Also with budget goal in Sept! I didn't spend ANYTHING! Wahoo for me! I won't do so well in Oct. since dd is having a SU party and I HAVE TO HAVE those Build-a-Bears in the holiday catalog! Anyway my goal for pages this month is 10. Shouldn't be any problem...I did 17 last month! I'm trying AGAIN to learn digi! If I ever get the hang of it, I'm sure that it will be faster. I'm also in again in the Scrap What I Send You game. I wondered what happened last month since I was first on the list and never received anything! Sometimes I think our mail man must have a garage full of my mail!
So good to see you Carol. It feels like I haven't chatted with you the entire summer. Let's not let that happen during the fall. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 05:41 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Good Morning All...

"Welcome" to all those newbies, and "Glad to See Ya Back" to some old friends... we have missed you all!

I hope to be able to find some time to scrap today.... It is still raining here, so maybe I will be able too...
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 AM   #85  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Good morning, ladies! Here's my dps for this week's digi challenge - DGC047 -10/06/09:
School Days:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

You can find the challenge here: (School Days DGC047):

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!

Last edited by wendella247; 10-06-2009 at 06:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #86  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcanView Post
Thanks for the find and the link. It just blows my mind where you guys find these things! lol! I've never even heard of the Day of the Dead although I did know about All Saints Day as the church I attend celebrates that. Just didn't know it was the same thing. I haven't tried digital card making yet but the brushes you found I can save!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #87  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Just have to say that I was amazed at how many pages I've done this year! I went back and counted them and was able to use that number in my signature like ya'll do.
Wow - new stuff to try! thanks for the post of the link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post
Just have to say that I was amazed at how many pages I've done this year! I went back and counted them and was able to use that number in my signature like ya'll do.
Wow - new stuff to try! thanks for the post of the link.
WOOT WOOT to you, Joyce Ann!
Welcome to the funnest scrapbooking motivator you'll ever find!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #89  
Die Cut Diva

Well I missed my September goal … setting my October goal for 8 and if I make it will give 26 pages of 30 for the year! I have been missing in action because DH just finished re-building my craft room for the third time. Yes, he is the best in the world and totally spoils me. In February ’07 he built me a nice long work area and then in January ’08 rebuilt it into an “L” shape. Well 3 weeks ago (yes, I have not been able to scrap for 3 weeks) we complete took everything out of the room, painted and then put in new upper and lower cabinets. I now have a work area that is kitchen cabinet height for when I use my Cricut and Sizzix/Cuttlebug machine with cabinets above and then a lower desk area for stamping and scrapping. I am in the process of putting everything back in the room … only thing missing is the oak wood trim on the counters (the oak trim ties in with his desk … yes, had to let him have a little of the area). I know that last month I said I wouldn’t spend money on stamping supplies … does that include new craft room? If so, then I totally blew that budget!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #90  
Hardware Hotshot

lol
Michele, if memory serves, the "budget" only applies to paper and embellies and such... I totally think a new craft room is simply "bonus"!!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRStamperView Post
Well I missed my September goal � setting my October goal for 8 and if I make it will give 26 pages of 30 for the year! I have been missing in action because DH just finished re-building my craft room for the third time. Yes, he is the best in the world and totally spoils me. In February �07 he built me a nice long work area and then in January �08 rebuilt it into an �L� shape. Well 3 weeks ago (yes, I have not been able to scrap for 3 weeks) we complete took everything out of the room, painted and then put in new upper and lower cabinets. I now have a work area that is kitchen cabinet height for when I use my Cricut and Sizzix/Cuttlebug machine with cabinets above and then a lower desk area for stamping and scrapping. I am in the process of putting everything back in the room � only thing missing is the oak wood trim on the counters (the oak trim ties in with his desk � yes, had to let him have a little of the area). I know that last month I said I wouldn�t spend money on stamping supplies � does that include new craft room? If so, then I totally blew that budget!
Oh Michele that new craft room sounds just fab! Congratulations!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #92  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Well I missed my September goal � setting my October goal for 8 and if I make it will give 26 pages of 30 for the year! I have been missing in action because DH just finished re-building my craft room for the third time. Yes, he is the best in the world and totally spoils me. In February �07 he built me a nice long work area and then in January �08 rebuilt it into an �L� shape. Well 3 weeks ago (yes, I have not been able to scrap for 3 weeks) we complete took everything out of the room, painted and then put in new upper and lower cabinets. I now have a work area that is kitchen cabinet height for when I use my Cricut and Sizzix/Cuttlebug machine with cabinets above and then a lower desk area for stamping and scrapping. I am in the process of putting everything back in the room � only thing missing is the oak wood trim on the counters (the oak trim ties in with his desk � yes, had to let him have a little of the area). I know that last month I said I wouldn�t spend money on stamping supplies � does that include new craft room? If so, then I totally blew that budget!

Lucky you! YAY! I dream of having my own room when we move next year. I would love some pics! *hint* ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #93  
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow

Here is layout #2 from me for October:

Live Laugh Love

Thanks for looking!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow

Here is layout #3 for October.

Myrtle Beach Night Life

Thanks for looking!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #95  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That is FANTASTIC Michelle! But we want pictures! No fair keeping it all to yourself! I'll be moving in next week! LOL!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #96  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
Here is layout #3 for October.

Myrtle Beach Night Life

Thanks for looking!;)
WOW!!! Jenn your puttin out the pages.
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #97  
Die Cut Diva

DH picked up the wood trim today on his way home from work. He has routed it to match the desk trim and will be staining and varnishing it over the next few days. Son Number 2 is coming home for the long weekend so we will be out golfing. Hopefully he will have a little bit of time to get it done this weekend and then I will post pictures. I promised him this would be last redo. At 5'9" I really like having the taller counter to work on the Cricut and Sizzix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410View Post
WOW!!! Jenn your puttin out the pages.
Yes, I'm truly determined to make my goal this year. I did not last year and I was aggravated with myself.
However, it's hard because at the same time, I'm trying to make Christmas Cards and nothing is working out right. My stamps look out of date and I have alot of the images that are art-line and need to be colored in which I'm terrible at. I'm not trying to be one of the Dirty Dozen or anything but, honestly I think an elementary school kid could do what I'm coming up with.:rolleyes: You know, when I seriously sit down and think about it, I've never really been good at stamping. I was thinking I should try to make my cards this year with the Cricut. I have 3 different Christmas Cartridges so, I'm sure I could come up with some sort of design.
Here's the card I created tonight so you can see what I'm talking about.
Snowflake Joy. It started out with a stamped snowman, but he needed some coloring and I made a total mess of it so I switched to my snowflake punches for the main part of the design. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #99  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
Yes, I'm truly determined to make my goal this year. I did not last year and I was aggravated with myself.
However, it's hard because at the same time, I'm trying to make Christmas Cards and nothing is working out right. My stamps look out of date and I have alot of the images that are art-line and need to be colored in which I'm terrible at. I'm not trying to be one of the Dirty Dozen or anything but, honestly I think an elementary school kid could do what I'm coming up with.:rolleyes: You know, when I seriously sit down and think about it, I've never really been good at stamping. I was thinking I should try to make my cards this year with the Cricut. I have 3 different Christmas Cartridges so, I'm sure I could come up with some sort of design.
Here's the card I created tonight so you can see what I'm talking about.
Snowflake Joy. It started out with a stamped snowman, but he needed some coloring and I made a total mess of it so I switched to my snowflake punches for the main part of the design. :oops:
I think your card came out very nice. It's better than some of the ones I've come up with lately!

Since I've started scrapping, I just can't seem to get back into card making and now I've volunteered myself to come up with designs and kits for our church ladies to make at a monthly meeting cause the lady that has been doing it has carpal tunnel and really needed some new "inputs"..iykwim? She may regret asking! However I did see the new technique challenge this Monday and thought it just might work using fall browns, yellows and oranges with a large black inked design that may be more masculine. It seems most of the cards being made are more flowery so they would like more masculine ones. And since I don't do girly things very often, it might just work out! I've been going through the gallery of Lovely As a Tree since I love that stamp set and have favorited quite a few to try out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Good morning everyone!
Thanks for all the nice comments on my card. Cards just don't flow as well for me as the layouts do. Just checking in from work. Saw some layouts I had missed in the gallery and left some love for them.

I hope to get more scrappin' done tonight as tomorrow is going to be a crazy day for me. ;)

Last edited by stamptician; 10-07-2009 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Here is my first LO for OCT..... it is for tamcam's challenge!

Spooktacular Haunts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a change to play tonight while the guys were at scouts, so I played with this weeks digi challenge. This was a fun Challenge.... Thanks Wendy!

My page is a new digi kit from Memory Makers that I have been playing with. The pictures are of combined 6th classes.... I was helping teach one class and my son was in the other. We had a great year that year. We had so much fun....

Here is my page..... Egyptian Days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #103  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just ran across this thread. If you all do this again next year starting in January I would love to join. I am going to play along until then though I am home on sick leave so I have lots of time on my hands. I am going to also participate in the use what I have and try to not spend a dime for the next two months. I have to admit I have a stampin up order waiting to come in but I will not spend a dime after that. I am such a collector. I hope you all will let me play along.

Thanks,
Crystal
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #104  
Hardware Hotshot

Got my first one done for October - it is for the PageMaps sketch contest:

Lovely Gown

tfl!

Last edited by Elizabeth G.; 10-07-2009 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #105  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdgregView Post
I just ran across this thread. If you all do this again next year starting in January I would love to join. I am going to play along until then though I am home on sick leave so I have lots of time on my hands. I am going to also participate in the use what I have and try to not spend a dime for the next two months. I have to admit I have a stampin up order waiting to come in but I will not spend a dime after that. I am such a collector. I hope you all will let me play along.

Thanks,
Crystal
Welcome Crystal. Hope you have fun with us along the way! I only started scrapping last October and didn't start any goals until January as well and I can say I've really exceeded anything I thought I was capable of doing! Lots of inspiration and encouragement here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #106  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Thanks Kristin!
Wow, what great pages are popping up! Impressive.
Here is one for tonight: Eternity by AnniePanda at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 AM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Thursday's Recipe Challenge

"Falling" for Some Old Favorites

I can't believe that I have been hanging around SCS for just a little over two years now. And I have made a whole bunch of great friends along the way. Friends that I seem to always "Fall' back on inspite of how my day has went. I thought for my challenge today it would be fun to "Fall" back on some old friends, (recipe challenges from last year) that I love to make every FALL.

SO... You decide if are you a "SWEET" Friend or are You a "SAVORY" friend? Your challenge is to choose one and scrap the challenge and upload it. In your post please tell us why you chose sweet or savory. (extra bonus points if you case your own LO from Last year)

Here is the "SAVORY" Challenge,

Warm Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Challenge Recipe:
This should be a warm and savory page, much like the Dip it's self.
Please use white as cream cheese, mayo & grated cheeses.
Please use Green DP's as Artichokes
Please use dark Green Embellishments or Hardware as Spinach
And of course you have to add a touch of browns for the Crackers or Chips.

Recipe INGREDIENTS:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
2.In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
3.Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.

Here is the "SWEET" Challenge,

Pumpkin Nut Dip

Challenge Recipe:
First use orange as your background. Circles, Squares and or DPS, doesn't matter... just make the background shapes bold and eye catching. Next add the spice... like journaling, brads, buttons and tags. Think about the colors of the spices and fluff... dark brown, black and white or cream. Try to make your page rich and snappy! Please include chipboard in this challenge, you always need a hard cookie for dipping.

INGREDIENTS:
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 small jar of marshmallow fluff<a onblur="try
* 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
* 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, fluff and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nuts and orange juice until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving. (Best if served with Gingersnaps)

Here are my samples......

SAVORY: 2008 - Remembering Dad
2009 - Charleston

SWEET: 2008 - Undercover Cowboy
2009 - Spooktacular Hunts -BCH

You can view the GALLERY HERE.....

Please use the keywords SCS52WK39 & SBC09OCT when you upload.

October 2009 Scrappin' Goals Thread-spinach-artichoke-dip.jpg Name:  pumpkin nut dip.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  2.5 KB

Last edited by Annie's Pantry; 10-08-2009 at 04:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #108  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
"Falling" for Some Old Favorites

I can't believe that I have been hanging around SCS for just a little over two years now. And I have made a whole bunch of great friends along the way. Friends that I seem to always "Fall' back on inspite of how my day has went. I thought for my challenge today it would be fun to "Fall" back on some old friends, (recipe challenges from last year) that I love to make every FALL.

SO... You decide if are you a "SWEET" Friend or are You a "SAVORY" friend? Your challenge is to choose one and scrap the challenge and upload it. In your post please tell us why you chose sweet or savory. (extra bonus points if you case your own LO from Last year)

Here is the "SAVORY" Challenge,

Warm Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Challenge Recipe:
This should be a warm and savory page, much like the Dip it's self.
Please use white as cream cheese, mayo & grated cheeses.
Please use Green DP's as Artichokes
Please use dark Green Embellishments or Hardware as Spinach
And of course you have to add a touch of browns for the Crackers or Chips.

Recipe INGREDIENTS:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
2.In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
3.Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.

Here is the "SWEET" Challenge,

Pumpkin Nut Dip

Challenge Recipe:
First use orange as your background. Circles, Squares and or DPS, doesn't matter... just make the background shapes bold and eye catching. Next add the spice... like journaling, brads, buttons and tags. Think about the colors of the spices and fluff... dark brown, black and white or cream. Try to make your page rich and snappy! Please include chipboard in this challenge, you always need a hard cookie for dipping.

INGREDIENTS:
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 small jar of marshmallow fluff<a onblur="try
* 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
* 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, fluff and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nuts and orange juice until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving. (Best if served with Gingersnaps)

Here are my samples......

SAVORY: 2008 - Remembering Dad
2009 - Charleston

SWEET: 2008 - Undercover Cowboy
2009 - Spooktacular Hunts -BCH

You can view the GALLERY HERE.....

Please use the keywords SCS52WK39 & SBC09OCT when you upload.

Attachment 163916 Attachment 163915
This sounds like a great challenge. I will try to work on it today as long as I keep feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yummy Anavon!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #110  
Hardware Hotshot

I remember those recipes from last year, Anavon! They were the first recipe challenges that I took and I had so much fun doing those pages!

Off to leave some love in the gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #111  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
I remember those recipes from last year, Anavon! They were the first recipe challenges that I took and I had so much fun doing those pages!

Off to leave some love in the gallery!
Wow! You are good! I like your comment you left on my "Motorcycles" page. I never would have connected the journaling in that manner to the wheels! My subconscious must want to kick me sometimes! LOL! And now that you said that, the design underneath could represent the spokes! (smacking forehead)

I think I should put pictures out and have some of you give me ideas before I start....you all are SO creative! Now I know why I love this forum so much! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #112  
Hardware Hotshot

Your welcome, Terry! I feel bad sometimes b/c sometimes I don't get around to commenting on everyones pages b/c I get too busy. So, if it gets toward the end of the month and I haven't commented, it is NOT b/c I don't like your page. This month is extra busy with the move, so I am trying to keep up on my commenting.

I have left love for everyone in the gallery and I can't believe how many wonderful pages are already done! Guess I'd better get to scrappin to catch up with everyone!

Happy Thursday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #113  
Hardware Hotshot

yum! love spinach artichoke dip.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #114  

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Thanks for the find and the link. It just blows my mind where you guys find these things! lol! I've never even heard of the Day of the Dead although I did know about All Saints Day as the church I attend celebrates that. Just didn't know it was the same thing. I haven't tried digital card making yet but the brushes you found I can save!
When you live in Arizona, you can't totally avoid seeing Day of the Dead stuff, being so close to Mexico. Tam used to live here too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Good Evening Ladies!:p I'm finally getting a chance to check back in with you. I had planned to scrap last night after work to keep my momentum going but, I ended up crashing big time when I got home. Today, I had to leave town around 1 p.m. for a doctor's appt and had hoped to get up early and get a page at least started but that didn't work out either.:rolleyes:

It's going to be okay though because after work tomorrow I am off for four days in a row. Yee-haw!

I've just finished up looking at all the pages that you have linked up in the thread here and I left comments for all. If you didn't link up here and just posted directly to the gallery, I'll catch your work tomorrow as I am exhausted and need to get to bed.

Goodnight all. Looking forward to scrappin with you this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:52 AM   #116  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
When you live in Arizona, you can't totally avoid seeing Day of the Dead stuff, being so close to Mexico. Tam used to live here too!
That explains it then! I so want to come and visit AZ. I was born in Tucson at the Monroe Davis Air Force Base. Is that still there? Perhaps under another name? I think my mother was in the service at the time but I'm not sure how she got to be there. My parents were divorced long before I could talk and I always lived with my paternal grandmother until my dad got remarried when I was 5. All I remember is what my DGM told me that my dad went to AZ to bring us all home on a train...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 AM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
That explains it then! I so want to come and visit AZ. I was born in Tucson at the Monroe Davis Air Force Base. Is that still there? Perhaps under another name? I think my mother was in the service at the time but I'm not sure how she got to be there. My parents were divorced long before I could talk and I always lived with my paternal grandmother until my dad got remarried when I was 5. All I remember is what my DGM told me that my dad went to AZ to bring us all home on a train...
Wow.... what a story! Do you have any pictures of your mom or dad or even childhood?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #118  

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcanView Post
I'm working on my page, Tami!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #119  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
Wow.... what a story! Do you have any pictures of your mom or dad or even childhood?
I have their wedding picture that was taken on the farm where I grew up. The only pics I have of myself as a baby/toddler are the few I've scrapped on SCS. Back then not many pics were taken, at least not at our house. I think I was 8 yo before I learned that the lady I referred to as Aunt was actually my real mother. I've only ever seen or talked with her 2 or 3 times over my lifetime. Don't even know if she's still alive at this point. I do know that she had 2 children and that my dad also had another 2 children, so I've actually got 5 half brothers and sisters but I've only ever had contact with the one! (Soap Opera material...huh?) lol!

I do feel left out when you all get to scrap your families and yourselves though. I'm making up for it now with DGS!!!

Last edited by eeddmm; 10-09-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #120  
Hardware Hotshot

Good Afternoon, looks like everyone is keeping busy. I see my Az. friend is working on lo's and Terry I also only have a few pics of my childhood. i think i've done 3 0r 4 lo's with the same pic. I also am making up for it with lots of pics of my kids/ family. I'm getting my house cleaned so I can get some challenges done like Anavon's yummy looking recipe challenge. Love this week's variety challenge too. Lots to do.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes