Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #161  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Halloween page using non-traditional Halloween colors!

Minnie and Supergirl by wendella247 at Splitcoaststampers

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #162  
Stampin' Fool

Okay ladies~ I am going to get my lower lip out and pout (I am very good at this as I am an only child) we need some more Dj's for the upcoming VSBN. I promise, it is very easy. I teach Kindergartener's and will help out where ever I can. We have some great ideas already, but still need some more ideas. Just have a favorite song? Let's chat and between the three of us, we can work it out!

Jen and Mary Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #163  
Hardware Hotshot

Well now that Jen has helped me get my head on straight, I'll get down to business in the correct thread! Thanks Jen!

I am just popping in to post my first 3 LO for the month. Two of them are digi. Just a question for you digi scrappers. I really love the way my digi's look like on the screen, but it just doesn't compare with having a page to "fondle" and file in a book and take to my grandma who so enjoys them! Is there a way to get over this feeling? Do you print out your LO's? What is the most cost effective way to print them out? I would like to do an 8x8 vintage album for each of my siblings. Any suggestions on what is the most cost effective way?
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #164  
Hardware Hotshot

Anyway, here's my latest LO's:

2 digis:
Lost Picture
Grandpa Harlen

1 paper:
My Mother @ 5yo
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #165  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenstampingpadView Post
Okay ladies~ I am going to get my lower lip out and pout (I am very good at this as I am an only child) we need some more Dj's for the upcoming VSBN. I promise, it is very easy. I teach Kindergartener's and will help out where ever I can. We have some great ideas already, but still need some more ideas. Just have a favorite song? Let's chat and between the three of us, we can work it out!

Jen and Mary Pat
You might have already answered this and I missed it...you know, I still think it's October!!! LOL! But what exactly is involved? I know we need to have a LO based on a song along with a challenge, but then do we PM you or Mary Pat with the idea and send an email with our LO? Then we need to be available to chat during the hour of our hosting. Anything else? I'm not very creative, but love the older (much older!) songs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #166  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
My Halloween page using non-traditional Halloween colors!

Minnie and Supergirl by wendella247 at Splitcoaststampers
Love your non-traditional LO, Wendy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #167  
Stampin' Fool

Carol and everyone else~

You can PM us at anytime. Even if you just have a song, we can work together to figure out the details. Technically, you won't have to even be present for your challenge. You will have posted your challenge behind the scenes so Mary Pat or I can make it go "live." Great question
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #168  

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
Well now that Jen has helped me get my head on straight, I'll get down to business in the correct thread! Thanks Jen!

I am just popping in to post my first 3 LO for the month. Two of them are digi. Just a question for you digi scrappers. I really love the way my digi's look like on the screen, but it just doesn't compare with having a page to "fondle" and file in a book and take to my grandma who so enjoys them! Is there a way to get over this feeling? Do you print out your LO's? What is the most cost effective way to print them out? I would like to do an 8x8 vintage album for each of my siblings. Any suggestions on what is the most cost effective way?

You can go several ways, Carol --

Create a hard-covered digi book (very popular these days) you can find on Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. (just google photo book--I think a number of sites will come up). I haven't done one yet, but I've seen many posts about happy results. Sometimes they offer 2-for-1 sales too!

You can have them printed at Costco or many other photo printing companies online and otherwise (some offer specials during the year) as 12x12's or whatever size you want (there are some posts about the best way to do this in the digiscrapping forum.)

What I like to do is print my pages at home as 8x8's. Then I create a 12x12 page, treating the 8x8 as the "Photo" part of my page. Unfortunately, it does require more work this way, but I, like you, want to have them in a book. I have quite a few of them waiting to be printed and turned into full pages at the moment! If you don't mind the expense of the ink and paper, this wouldn't be a problem for your 8x8 pages, because you could print them out on your own 8.5x11 printer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #169  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Wendy! I had thought about Shutterfly since I have an account there, but wasn't sure if they would have 8x8's and hadn't checked. There is no Costco in my area, just a Sam's and they don't print 8x8's or 12x12's that I can see. Unless if I sent in an 8x8 and had them print out an 8x10. Not sure if they would just leave the 2" blank or if they would try to crop it to fit an 8x10. I'll have to check that out. I have one page that I printed out at home and put on a 12x12 lo. I just want to have a way to share all these vintage photos with my siblings. I'm thinking that a book from Shutterfly or SnapFish would probably be cheaper (esp. if I can get them 2 for 1) than getting 8x8's printed and put in 8x8 albums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #170  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Still Awake...ugh!

Hello Ladies...It's 3:30 a.m. and I'm still awake. Ugh!
I wanted to say thanks to all of you who responded with well wishes, thoughts, hugs and prayers. It means more than you'll ever really know. You ladies have become such special friends of mine and I just adore the bond that we have.
I'm in a bad way right now because my fibromyalgia doctor had to take me off of a medication that he's been treating me with for the past 5 years. As most of you know I almost lost my Mother this summer due to a heart attack. She was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. Because of that, and the fact that I already have problems with fluid retention and am on a daily dose of lasix, my doctor told me I had to come off of this "drug" he had been treating me with as my risk factor has now increased with my Mom's diagnosis. He weened me off it slowly but, as more of it leaves my system my pain increases. He didn't just leave me hanging; he did start me on a new medicine that he was hopeful would work as well but, so far I am not finding that. I've had to cancel a vacation that Mike and I had been planning since December of last year. I will not lie...this is starting to depress me.:( I am trying to stay focused on God's word and remember his promises because HE IS A PROMISE KEEPER. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #171  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post

There are a number of places that print. I use MyPicTales for my 12x12 layouts. I know they print 8x8 as well.

If you want to have individual pages printed to slide into a regular scrapbook, it's the way to do it. Otherwise, You can have them bound into a book, too. It just depends on what type of layouts you are creating. Normally I don't scrap in order, so I print loose pages that I can insert and move around as necessary. But when I'm working on a themed project, like a vacation scrapbook, I have them all printed and bound into a book because I want to see it 'done' and in one spot right away. Make sense?

SBtoShare.com and scrappingsimply.com also print scrapbook layouts - I haven't checked to see that they print 8x8... but it's a common size so I assume they would.

You are definitely right to want to print out those beauties! I look forward to seeing them in print. It's definitely the best part of the whole process!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #172  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
I wanted to say thanks to all of you who responded with well wishes, thoughts, hugs and prayers. It means more than you'll ever really know. You ladies have become such special friends of mine and I just adore the bond that we have.
I'm in a bad way right now because my fibromyalgia doctor had to take me off of a medication that he's been treating me with for the past 5 years. As most of you know I almost lost my Mother this summer due to a heart attack. She was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. Because of that, and the fact that I already have problems with fluid retention and am on a daily dose of lasix, my doctor told me I had to come off of this "drug" he had been treating me with as my risk factor has now increased with my Mom's diagnosis. He weened me off it slowly but, as more of it leaves my system my pain increases. He didn't just leave me hanging; he did start me on a new medicine that he was hopeful would work as well but, so far I am not finding that. I've had to cancel a vacation that Mike and I had been planning since December of last year. I will not lie...this is starting to depress me.:( I am trying to stay focused on God's word and remember his promises because HE IS A PROMISE KEEPER. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Jennipher I know how you feel But You are so correct about keeping your focus on God's WORD because HE is faithful............always faithful. I'll be praying for you.
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 AM   #173  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

You can go several ways, Carol --

Create a hard-covered digi book (very popular these days) you can find on Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. (just google photo book--I think a number of sites will come up). I haven't done one yet, but I've seen many posts about happy results. Sometimes they offer 2-for-1 sales too!

You can have them printed at Costco or many other photo printing companies online and otherwise (some offer specials during the year) as 12x12's or whatever size you want (there are some posts about the best way to do this in the digiscrapping forum.)

What I like to do is print my pages at home as 8x8's. Then I create a 12x12 page, treating the 8x8 as the "Photo" part of my page. Unfortunately, it does require more work this way, but I, like you, want to have them in a book. I have quite a few of them waiting to be printed and turned into full pages at the moment! If you don't mind the expense of the ink and paper, this wouldn't be a problem for your 8x8 pages, because you could print them out on your own 8.5x11 printer.
Hey Wendy, do you convert your 12x12 digi pages to 8x8 if so how do you do it. or do you make you pages 8x8 to start with?? Thanks for you help:-D
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #174  

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410View Post
Hey Wendy, do you convert your 12x12 digi pages to 8x8 if so how do you do it. or do you make you pages 8x8 to start with?? Thanks for you help:-D
I do them in 12x12 and then resize them to fit on an 8.5x11 page when ready to print.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 06:32 AM   #175  

Quote:

So sorry to hear of your current health issues, Jenn. I can commiserate, I am currently having a similar health crisis and it's no fun. I hope the new med starts to help. I know how disheartening it must be for you to be removed from a med that was working for you due to other health concerns and now hurting so much with no good alternative. It's just not fair.

I will pray for you, and you just try to stay positive!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #176  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

My prayers are with you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #177  
Forum Fanatic

Here's page three for my nov. goal TFL
1st trip to the patch by taca410 at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #178  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Good Afternoon Everyone.....
ope everyone has a great day!
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #179  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingdeniseView Post
There are a number of places that print. I use MyPicTales for my 12x12 layouts. I know they print 8x8 as well.

If you want to have individual pages printed to slide into a regular scrapbook, it's the way to do it. Otherwise, You can have them bound into a book, too. It just depends on what type of layouts you are creating. Normally I don't scrap in order, so I print loose pages that I can insert and move around as necessary. But when I'm working on a themed project, like a vacation scrapbook, I have them all printed and bound into a book because I want to see it 'done' and in one spot right away. Make sense?

SBtoShare.com and scrappingsimply.com also print scrapbook layouts - I haven't checked to see that they print 8x8... but it's a common size so I assume they would.

You are definitely right to want to print out those beauties! I look forward to seeing them in print. It's definitely the best part of the whole process!
Thanks so much Denise! I will definitely check out those websites! I also do not do them in order and thought I'd have to wait until I was ALL done to get the bound books...and that would be FOREVER!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #180  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I do them in 12x12 and then resize them to fit on an 8.5x11 page when ready to print.
How do you resize them??
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #181  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Praying for you Jenn! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #182  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to hear your meds aren't working too well right now Jennipher. Will keep praying that it turns around soon for you! And what a bummer on the vacation plans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #183  
Gallery Gazer

I just had to share this tidbit that happened today . I met DGS at the bus stop and he got off smiling (with another bottom tooth missing!). Seems one of his little friends "helped" him lose it today by hitting him in the mouth (on purpose apparently) but they lost the tooth down a grate! So he's worried about the tooth fairy BUT he did tell me that the nurse gave him a sticker and he put it safely in his backpack so that I could share it on DiscoStampers in a scrapbook page! Awww...how cute is that? Am I teaching this boy right or what? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers. I am off until Friday so that will make it much easier to get through this. The mind is a powerful thing and I think the pressure of knowing I have to go to work makes the pain worse.

I finally got around to completing a page for November. It is for Wendy's Cloning challenge:

Unusual Rent Payment

Thanks for looking. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #185  
Stampin' Fool

I have to thank you Ladies for all the inspiration! It's night three of the week for me and I CANNOT WAIT to do my "a week of my life" pages. Everyone at work is laughing at me since I've been taking pictures all night. This is so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #186  
Gallery Gazer

Didn't get as much done as I thought but am at least plugging along! Here's one I can post:

Pals
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #187  
Forum Fanatic

I'm back to work on my Colorado album. TFL
River fun by taca410 at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 AM   #188  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I just had to share this tidbit that happened today . I met DGS at the bus stop and he got off smiling (with another bottom tooth missing!). Seems one of his little friends "helped" him lose it today by hitting him in the mouth (on purpose apparently) but they lost the tooth down a grate! So he's worried about the tooth fairy BUT he did tell me that the nurse gave him a sticker and he put it safely in his backpack so that I could share it on DiscoStampers in a scrapbook page! Awww...how cute is that? Am I teaching this boy right or what? LOL!
DISCO STAMPERS???? I love it!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #189  

Default Bargain on Photoshop Elements 8!!!

Just found an Enabler Alert in the digiscrapping forum: Costco has a $30 off coupon on Photoshop Elements 8, so final price is only $50 and it includes the Scrapbook Training DVD by Linda Sattgast.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #190  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Just found an Enabler Alert in the digiscrapping forum: Costco has a $30 off coupon on Photoshop Elements 8, so final price is only $50 and it includes the Scrapbook Training DVD by Linda Sattgast.
That's a great price Wendy! Unfortunately, no Costco in my area. I check online and it is $84.99 with no mention of a coupon. I check their rebate section and couldn't find any there either. Oh well, I really need to content myself with learning my PSE 6 anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #191  
Polyshrink Goddess

Last weekend I went to a scrapbooking retreat, had a wonderful time and got some stuff done. I completed 12 pages for my nephew, about 4 pages in my DD senior book project and one altered mini album for homecoming. Now I've been home sick for the last 2 days. But it was so worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 AM   #192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Thumbs up 52 Week Challenge..... Thursday (11-12-09)

Enjoying the "Crisp"ness of Color...

This time of year one of my all time favorite desserts is the rich blended flavors of a hearty Cranberry & Apple Crisp and on Tuesday the SCS Card Color Challenge was to use the colors Vanilla, Kraft and Bravo Burgundy. I also chuckled at this week's cooking challenge over on "Tuesday's with Dorie" was also the recipe "Cran-Apple Crisps". I guess great minds all think alike.....;). So I thought it would be fun to mix the two to create a very elegant and yet festive scrapbook page to add to our 52 week challenges.

Your Challenge is to create a LO using the rich colors of Vanilla or White, light Brown and Burgundy or dark red.
If you are looking for some great color or LO inspiration... check out the card gallery at CC224

Here is the recipe for my dessert:

Cranberry & Apple Crisp
Ingredients:

* 1 cups cranberries
* 3 cups apples (peeled, cored & thin sliced)
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
* 1 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preparation: Mix together cranberries, sliced apples, granulated sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt; pour into a buttered 9 X 13 baking dish. Combine brown sugar, oats, pecans and flour. cut in butter until well blended, it will be crumbly. Spoon over cranberry-apple mixture. Bake at 325� for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until topping is light brown and crispy. The fruit should be tender but not mushy.

You can view the Challenge GALLERY HERE.....

Please use the keywords SCS52WK44 & SBC09NOV when you upload
Attached Thumbnails
November 2009 Scrappin' Goal Thread-apple-cranberry-crisp.jpg  

Last edited by Annie's Pantry; 11-12-2009 at 06:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 06:04 AM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went ahead and posted my challenge, but I still can't upload my example so I am still waiting for that part. Sorry...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 06:13 AM   #194  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
Enjoying the "Crisp"ness of Color...
That seems to be the word of the day...it's a 'crisp' 60 degrees here in FL...off to food shop and must buy the ingrdients for this! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #195  
Stampin' Fool

Almost done with the 6x6 book for my friend's baby, Naomi. Hope to move on to something else this weekend- I have so many ideas from all your inspiration!

Mommy
Family
Sweet Baby GirlMore of Naomi's Book by ladydoc at Splitcoaststampers
Moments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

<--------That is our FS... he is 19 and in the Army/Guard! The pictures got here this morning and he leaves on the 18th. Good kid! He loves it and he is truly living his American Dream!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #197  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDeatonView Post
Last weekend I went to a scrapbooking retreat, had a wonderful time and got some stuff done. I completed 12 pages for my nephew, about 4 pages in my DD senior book project and one altered mini album for homecoming. Now I've been home sick for the last 2 days. But it was so worth it.

How wonderful that you got so much done but what a bummer for getting sick! Hope you feel better soon...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #198  
Stazon Splitcoast

Question

No scrapping here today. Spent a lot of the time cleaning up flooding in our sunroom from all the rain we received. Big ole mess but, I'm grateful that it wasn't worse. Hope you all are doing well. I'm finally caught up on the gallery and I'm trying to decide if I want to dive into one of those Christmas daily albums some of you are doing. There is one in particular that interests me called "journal your christmas" from Shimelle.com. Ali Edwards speaks about this one on her blog and says it's the first sort of Christmas Daily album she started with. It's $32 to take the class and receive the daily prompts and it runs through Jan 6th- the 12th day of Christmas. And I think I read that once you pay the initial $32 you are a lifetime member and will receive the journaling prompts every year. Have any of you guys ever tried this one?;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #199  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
<--------That is our FS... he is 19 and in the Army/Guard! The pictures got here this morning and he leaves on the 18th. Good kid! He loves it and he is truly living his American Dream!
I hope he knows we appreciate everything he is doing for our country!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #200  

For those of you who know LynetteA who used to be on here all the time -- She popped in last night and said to tell all her SCS buddies she said hello and she misses everyone. She hopes to stop in when she can. She recently moved again to smaller quarters and all her scrapping stuff is at her old place so she's not getting any scrappin' done (although she IS a digi-scrapper too, so that's no excxuse for not posting once in a while, I'd say!)

Anyway, Hello to All from LynetteA!!!

Reply With Quote Likes