Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay digi scrappers (so surprised no one else has posted this yet ;-))...here is a digi Blog Hop for Jessica Sprague's 5th Birtday...start HERE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #122  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I just realized that I posted all my June layouts with the keyword SBC12Jun instead of SBC12June. Eek! I went in and changed them, but hopefully no one else made that mistake. Guess I'm so used to three letter month-abbreviations that I just assumed it was Jun.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #123  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
I just realized that I posted all my June layouts with the keyword SBC12Jun instead of SBC12June. Eek! I went in and changed them, but hopefully no one else made that mistake. Guess I'm so used to three letter month-abbreviations that I just assumed it was Jun.
I did that too. I realized yesterday that the thread has the 'e' in the title description which is what I flipped back too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #124  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

I think JUN is correct. As far as I know, nothing has changed from the 3-letter code--I think the "E" was a typo. I've been adding all of mine using JUN. I checked both galleries and noticed that Lela added one Titanic page to JUN and another to JUNE.

I just sent Lela a PM to clarify. Hope she sees it soon, so she can confirm which one to use. I'm going to continue to post to JUN.

One small letter can sure create havoc!!

---------------

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!

Last edited by wendella247; 06-20-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #125  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Okay digi scrappers (so surprised no one else has posted this yet ;-))...here is a digi Blog Hop for Jessica Sprague's 5th Birtday...start HERE
Thanks for sharing, Mary Pat! Somewhere along the line I think Terry (eeddmm) had posted some info about this and the free class at the site that started on the 18th. I think she mentioned it in the digi-scrap challenge thread.

I just downloaded the freebies--very cute summery beach kit. The downloads will be available until midnight on June 24th!

-----------------

Last edited by wendella247; 06-20-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #126  

Here's my page for Sharon's "Wild Wings" Inspiration Challenge (SIC127):

Bronzes-Arabian Horse Show 2012

Fun challenge, Sharon. Thanks for posting it!

--------------------:p:p:p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #127  
Hardware Hotshot

I finished up the first of my backlog of variety challenges. Used the challenge about adding paper strips to your layout. That makes it 5 down and only 171 to go. Woohoo!

My Sweet Baker

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #128  
Gallery Gazer

Yeah! Finally into the double digits :-) It's a rainy afternoon here in central FL and I've got some mojo flow. I was able to get 3 paper pages completed...

Stylish @ 8

PJ Party left

PJ Party right

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 06-20-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #129  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

LOL! I just finished downloading it! Found it when I went to look at day #3 of the free class (never did get to the class though)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #130  
Gallery Gazer

Default Need medical help/advice

OK. You guys are my first "go to" gals...I've got a small...er..kind of big problem and I could really use your advice.

My MRI results came back from last Friday and the dr tells me (by email no less!) that I have a torn meniscus and it will require surgery. Now...I've never had any kind of surgery like this...just wisdom teeth and babies so this is sort of freaking me out. He has asked if I have a preference as to where to go. Have any of you had this surgery? How long does it take and how long will I be laid up? I'd ask the dr but he's not in the office and it was after 10 p.m. before I got the email. DH leaves in 3 days to go on his trip and we go on vacation the day I pick him up from the airport so it's going to be at least 2 more weeks before I can even think about surgery. This injury occurred 2 Saturdays ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #131  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Terry, I think it is going to depend on how bad the tear is. In most cases with surgery they want you up and around in as short of a time as possible. Is there any pain from your injury? If there is, is it getting worse? And what are you doing on your vacation? Anything that will be stressful on your knee?
My DH had bad knees for years then had both knee caps replaced (at the same time no less) of course that type of surgery is not at all what you are looking at.
If your Dr recommened surgery, then I assume he does not feel like it will heal on its own. After surgery there is usually physical therapy. It is really hard to say how long you will be "laid up" after surgery, depends on how extensive your repair surgery is. From what I have seen and hear you probably will only be off your feet for a few days (maybe only 1 or 2) with limited walking for a few more days to a week while you undergo physical therapy as an outpaitient. Then walking as normally as much as your leg/knee will tolerate.
I am sure your Dr will give you much more information as to what to expect. Heck, send him an email asking for more info!
Keep in mind I have not had the surgery but I have been around plenty of people that have had worse, so this is kind of a guess based on that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #132  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up Hey -- hey

Quote:

Sorry about the gallery change Cheryl ... I did post in the first thread JUNE instead of JUN. I plan to merge the galleries at the end of the month and we'll just stick with the 3 letter code so for July it will be "JUL". I've written myself a reminder ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #133  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Ohhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
OK. You guys are my first "go to" gals...I've got a small...er..kind of big problem and I could really use your advice.

My MRI results came back from last Friday and the dr tells me (by email no less!) that I have a torn meniscus and it will require surgery. Now...I've never had any kind of surgery like this...just wisdom teeth and babies so this is sort of freaking me out. He has asked if I have a preference as to where to go. Have any of you had this surgery? How long does it take and how long will I be laid up? I'd ask the dr but he's not in the office and it was after 10 p.m. before I got the email. DH leaves in 3 days to go on his trip and we go on vacation the day I pick him up from the airport so it's going to be at least 2 more weeks before I can even think about surgery. This injury occurred 2 Saturdays ago.
Terry, sorry to hear about needing surgery. I don't really know about recovery from this, I think I would Google it for WebMD or something? We'll hope recovery is quick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #134  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

My husband had surgery for a torn meniscus and torn ACL. His surgery lasted about two hours and he couldn't walk on that leg for a couple of days. He had physical therapy for about three months and is doing fine now. Hope that helps!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #135  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi ladies! It seems like ages since I've stopped by here. We moved house and I haven't been able to play in my new craft room yet: still organizing. The room isn't as big as my old one, so I have to be 'crafty' in the way it is organized ;) I really miss scrappin and hope to get back to it soon. I really miss chatting with you gals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 03:28 AM   #136  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

My husband had surgery for a torn meniscus and torn ACL. His surgery lasted about two hours and he couldn't walk on that leg for a couple of days. He had physical therapy for about three months and is doing fine now. Hope that helps!
Thanks...that info does help. I don't know what the extent of the damage is but I did google last night after reading my email but it didn't tell me how long surgery would be or the recovery period. My pain level isn't too bad right now as long as I don't twist it and on my vacation we are going to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens....(why couldn't it have been the beach this year like just about every other year ) Vacation is going to be a challenge and by the end of every day now, my ankle is swollen. Not sure if that's related or if it's the result of the Naproxen I'm taking.

Hopefully the Dr will call me at work today and discuss this with me since I left my number yesterday at the office. I'm not sure how long I can go before getting the surgery since I won't have any help the next week and we had the vacation reservations the week after.....Never a good time for things like this to happen, huh? LOoks like I might get lots of scrapping time though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #137  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
Hi ladies! It seems like ages since I've stopped by here. We moved house and I haven't been able to play in my new craft room yet: still organizing. The room isn't as big as my old one, so I have to be 'crafty' in the way it is organized ;) I really miss scrappin and hope to get back to it soon. I really miss chatting with you gals!
I just thought of you yesterday! I had some Christmas papers I was going through and thought of the December Daily Album which made me wonder how you've been doing :-) Aw, the life of the military...always moving! I have learned not to be a pack rat from moving so often; though friends of mine are the complete opposite and keep every little thing 'to remind' them. Good luck with getting settled and getting back to crafting soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #138  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hope you're not in too much pain. I haven't had this surgery but most I know have been sports related. I believe the surgery is same day in & out but the recovery/PT is about 4-6 weeks.

I'm in a similar boat having a hysterectomy on July 31 so moved our vacation plans (which was going to NJ to visit family) to December. I also just found out I have a basal cell on my nose but due to the hysto am holding out for that 'surgery' until September...I think this is my year for the 'bad' which can only mean the 'good' is right around the corner. ;-) Funnily enough my word of the year was 'HEALTH'...guess I should have been more specific and said 'Good Health'! ;-) Lot's of scrappy time during recovery though! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 AM   #139  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thursday Challenge

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #140  

Terry so sorry about your "knee" problem.........both my son and I have had this surgery. It was same day in and out surgery. Recovery 4 to 6 weeks and a lot of "TOUGH" PT. Hope it is not hurting you to bad.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #141  

Four pages for this morning

one
two
three
four

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #142  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,000 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Oh, Mary Pat and Terry, so sorry to hear of your health problems. No, Terry, I can't advise you. I am like you, only babies, and tonsils. Foot surgery, once. But like both of you, I did put off a medical procedure till after I got back from trip to my DD's. Still don't have results, except that I have ulcerations in stomach. I feel great, only occasional pain. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #143  
Hardware Hotshot

This is for Terry. I scrapped a layout of my hubby's recovery from surgery, but it's on my blog and not in the SCS gallery because it's from before I started at SCS. Here's the link if you want to check out his lovely stitches. They've healed up now and he has barely a scar, so I thought that might be encouraging to know!

ACL Surgery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #144  
Die Cut Diva

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

While prepping for my workshop this past weekend, I came across a stack of pages I had started and never completed! Some were photo-less from classes I have held, some just needed the embellishments added. Anyway, I am now up to 10 complete pages for the month! I'm so excited!
....and apparently I am on a HUGE orange kick?

Basketball
Cousins
Statue Story Time
Pool
Scarf 2
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #145  
Die Cut Diva

Surgery never sounds fun. That's crazy that he told you over email!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 04:17 AM   #146  
Gallery Gazer

Location: Crazyville USA, but I wouldnt have it any other way !!

Joining late.... still hoping to get at least 6 pages done this month!!!
As for me & my house, we will serve the Lord Joshua 24:15
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #147  

Quote:

I finished up the first of my backlog of variety challenges. Used the challenge about adding paper strips to your layout. That makes it 5 down and only 171 to go. Woohoo!

My Sweet Baker
Ha ha, Cheryl--and I don't doubt that you'll get there! :p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #148  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
Miss you too, Liz!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #149  

Sorry your news wasn't better, Terry. Did you see my post about using a scooter for your trip?

Quote:

Thanks...that info does help. I don't know what the extent of the damage is but I did google last night after reading my email but it didn't tell me how long surgery would be or the recovery period. My pain level isn't too bad right now as long as I don't twist it and on my vacation we are going to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens....(why couldn't it have been the beach this year like just about every other year ) Vacation is going to be a challenge and by the end of every day now, my ankle is swollen. Not sure if that's related or if it's the result of the Naproxen I'm taking.

Hopefully the Dr will call me at work today and discuss this with me since I left my number yesterday at the office. I'm not sure how long I can go before getting the surgery since I won't have any help the next week and we had the vacation reservations the week after.....Never a good time for things like this to happen, huh? LOoks like I might get lots of scrapping time though

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #150  

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
While prepping for my workshop this past weekend, I came across a stack of pages I had started and never completed! Some were photo-less from classes I have held, some just needed the embellishments added. Anyway, I am now up to 10 complete pages for the month! I'm so excited!
....and apparently I am on a HUGE orange kick?

Basketball
Cousins
Statue Story Time
Pool
Scarf 2
Tanya--do you teach MDS classes as a SU demo?

Just curious, what size are your digi pages? Do you put them in an album that size or add them to a piece of 12x12 cardstock for a 12x12 album? Do you print them at home?

P.S. I just realized this batch of pages was not digi--I was referring to some I saw in your gallery.

-----------------------

Last edited by wendella247; 06-22-2012 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #151  

Quote:

Hope you're not in too much pain. I haven't had this surgery but most I know have been sports related. I believe the surgery is same day in & out but the recovery/PT is about 4-6 weeks.

I'm in a similar boat having a hysterectomy on July 31 so moved our vacation plans (which was going to NJ to visit family) to December. I also just found out I have a basal cell on my nose but due to the hysto am holding out for that 'surgery' until September...I think this is my year for the 'bad' which can only mean the 'good' is right around the corner. ;-) Funnily enough my word of the year was 'HEALTH'...guess I should have been more specific and said 'Good Health'! ;-) Lot's of scrappy time during recovery though! :cool:
Sorry to hear about all of this. I had a hysterectomy 20+ years ago not to bad and nowdays they are so advanced it is much better. Surgery was not bad but let me tell you the hot flashes wowie they are "hot". lol My hubby(advid sailor and golfer) just had 3 basal cell spots removed and it was not bad at all. Prayers and big hugs to you!.......And you too Terri!!!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #152  
Glitter Guru

I have a digi scraping question. I am not a digi scrapper and do not plan on becoming one BUT, I just saw some really cute page layouts and elements and was wondering......... How does the cost of digi scrapping compare to traditional scrapping?
Do you use most embellishment elements only once like you have to when purchasing traditionally? I know some can be used over and over. How many of those (use over and over) do you use and how many one purchase use?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #153  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I have a digi scraping question. I am not a digi scrapper and do not plan on becoming one BUT, I just saw some really cute page layouts and elements and was wondering......... How does the cost of digi scrapping compare to traditional scrapping?
Do you use most embellishment elements only once like you have to when purchasing traditionally? I know some can be used over and over. How many of those (use over and over) do you use and how many one purchase use?
I use Photoshop Elements, that plus my computer are my only expenses. I have a friend that is an avid searcher of free scrapbook kits and shares her files with me; all my kits are free. You have unlimited usage of any part of the kits since they are saved as files on your computer. Too funny, I'm actually on my laptop now organizing my digi scrap files now.

I get my 12 x 12s printed via Costco about $3 per page. I did one book and had it done thru ArtCows.com for my girl scouts (I ordered 8 books so they were the cheapest for a bulk order).

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 06-22-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #154  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

This is for Terry. I scrapped a layout of my hubby's recovery from surgery, but it's on my blog and not in the SCS gallery because it's from before I started at SCS. Here's the link if you want to check out his lovely stitches. They've healed up now and he has barely a scar, so I thought that might be encouraging to know!

ACL Surgery
OMG! What a huge scar! I saw the surgeon today and they only put 2 tiny holes on either side of the knee below the kneecap for the meniscus repair. Apparently the surgery will only last no more than 2 hrs and I have it on a Thursday and will be able to go to work on Monday since I have a sit down job. I start PT on that Monday as well. He did say it would be 4-6 wks of PT. The surgery is scheduled for when I come back from vacation. Next week I have to have an EKG and bloodwork done to prepare for the surgery.

I LOVED the idea of the scooter Wendy! I'm going to wait until next week to check out the temp in VA that week and to see how I'm feeling to make the decision if I buy tickets for me to Busch Gardens. I might just stay at the resort and scrap/watch TV in the A/C to avoid swelling of the ankles and just go into Williamsburg. I actually was given a prescription for crutches so I might take them along and "practice". It would really help walking I would think.

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts.
Mary Pat...sorry to hear of your health issues too and you Sharon. My DH had the beginnings of an ulcer before he became self-employed..quitting his job relieved so much stress that it cured itself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #155  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
Tanya--do you teach MDS classes as a SU demo?

Just curious, what size are your digi pages? Do you put them in an album that size or add them to a piece of 12x12 cardstock for a 12x12 album? Do you print them at home?

P.S. I just realized this batch of pages was not digi--I was referring to some I saw in your gallery.

-----------------------
Wendy,
I have not yet taught from MDS, but I have demonstrated it. Most of what I have made is 12x12 and no, I have not printed at home. I have the option to print at home but I think for me it would take too much ink and if I order it thru SU, I get the commission on the "sale".
So far I have printed thru Stampin' Up! and only one book last May (it covered 2005 for my son) and two calendars for our parents this last Christmas. But I have made single pages I intend to order thru Stampin' Up! soon. I will print them as 12x12 and just slip them into the albums I have on my shelf.
The pages in my gallery labeled "DVD 1", etc, are size 8x11 and were just put into the slideshow. I gave all my cousins and my grandmother's kids a copy of the disk but I COULD print it...
I haven't used any other digi programs but I love MDS becuase its so user-friendly. You just buy the program and start creating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #156  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I can answer your questions for Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software. I think in the long run, digi scrapping is going to be a lot cheaper. There's the cost of the program and any additional downloads, and the cost of printing, but with MDS the use of paper and embellishments or accessories is unlimited. I can use the same items 5,000 times if I want, for only the initial cost. They offer a free 30 day trial run of the program, or the program is $79.95. Also, Stampin' Up! offers a wide variety of additional downloads you can choose from and purchase. They offer new downloads almost every week, and they sell content disks too. You can use these downloads with other programs too, but I don't know which ones.
Like I was answering Wendy, you can choose to print it at home, print it somewhere like Walmart or Walgreens, or print it thru Stampin' Up!. So far I have only printed thru SU!.

Having said all that, I find paper scrapping more satisfying. I have plenty of supplies to keep me busy for a year or two, lol. But digi scrapping is so quick, easy and portable! No mess to get out or put away, no "wasting" supplies if you change your mind or don't like something, and with a laptop it can literally go anywhere you are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #157  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I only had to put money out for the program and the laptop since I wanted a computer that was dedicated to scrapping and for me only. (I had been sharing DGS computer) I have paid to take lessons to learn PSE and occasionally I'll purchase a kit if it's on sale and I can't find what I would like for free. I checked and I've got over 54,000 files in my scrapbooking folder and I probably paid less than $20 total over the last 3 or 4 years. I've taken files or elements and changed the color to match my page and everything can be resized from tiny to large as well as recoloring. There are certain elements that I really love so I tend to use them a lot. The templates we use can be customized as well by just deleting something you do not want or adding an element from another template. It is so versatile and economical and VERY space saving! I love it too because I can edit my pictures right from the camera before putting them on the page and make them the exact size I need for the page.

The only other expense is to print out the pages. I do everything 12x12 and when Persnickety Prints had a sale, I prebought pages at $1.50 each and am still using that credit. I've also changed the size down to an 8x8 size to print out photo books (when we did the ABC project for VSBN). I still have all those files saved at 12x12 so I can always reprint them when needed.

I now have such a hard time even thinking out getting out paper and stuff to make a page or a card...just because I'd have to put everything back away again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #158  
Glitter Guru

Thank you ladies for answering my questions. I have been seeing some pretty teriffic work with digital scrapbooking the last few months. It seems like there is more and more options. As fast as technology is changing with better graphics and all it is no wonder the "change" is coming.
I still have no plans on changing yet but in a few years I may have to digi scrap just because I will be running out of time before I am no longer able and willing archive these pieces of the past in the traditional way. One thing is for sure, if my stash does not quit growing I will be out of space to store supplies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #159  
Glitter Guru

Terry, it sounds like your surgery will not keep you down for long. Now all you have to do is get through vacation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #160  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Friday Night Check In

WooHoo! The Weekend! I'm really happy it's here, first week back to work after time off is always rough, right?! LOL! I'm actually trying to scrap a page tonight and finish up some cards. We're leaving early tomorrow morning for MI for DS Grad Party in the afternoon, hooking up with some GF for dinner and then Sunday going to a couple Grad Parties b4 we head back to OH. The "Grad" stuff will be over after the party tomorrow and we'll then have to move on to College Move In

Hope all good!
Reply With Quote Likes