Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinbinkleView Post
I started scrapbooking around 2005 or so. I found trying to do it chronologically more trouble than it was worth and decided to just do whatever inspired me at the time. Around 2010 my DH and I started planning a move and so I started purging and packing the house up so that when the perfect home found us we would be ready to go. Needless to say that in my years of scrapping I had collected WAY more stuff than I had ever hoped to use in a lifetime but packed it up anyway. We bought our first home in mid 2011 and I even had my own room to craft in! By the time I got it set up with the most minimal of supplies (the rest stored in the attic because I couldn't bear to part with it just yet) I turned to making the occasional card for family and friends.

Fast forward to 2014 and it has been about 5 years since I have even attempted to put a page together. I feel like a beginner all over again and I wonder just where to begin. I do not take the pictures I used to take as my DD's are grown or all but and don't like the camera in their faces but I have tons filed away to draw inspiration from, as well as the desire to start back again.

My goal is simple: Complete at least 1 page a month commemorating the Date Nights that DH and I have planned for the upcoming year, anything else will be a bonus!

I look forward to the challenges and the excitement of meeting new friends as we all work together for a common goal!
Welcome Jeanne Ann! I love your user name--I'll bet there's a story behind that! It's so nice to have you and some of the other newcomers join us. We have a great group of gals here--friendly, inspirational and very helpful. So feel free to ask any questions you have about the site or scrapping--there's usually someone who'll provide some answers pretty quickly!

We also have a digital scrapbooking thread with some challenges. All types of scrappers are welcome to play--traditional, digi, hybrid. We have several ladies who paper scrap who like to try their hand at turning the challenges into traditional, rather than digi pages. They're not much different, just an occasional technique that needs a little extra creativity!

So glad to have you with us!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #82  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by fressheView Post
Central Florida! Well, we plan to head that way Withlacoochee, and then St Petersburg area next December- so I am pretty sure that is central? We will definitely have to meet! We are going to camp in our cargo trailer that we are trying to convert to a camper so that we can take our dogs and our recumbent trikes when we travel.
That sounds like a fun trip! You will be on the Gulf side and I'm on the Atlantic so if you come over this side definitely let me know. I'm half way between Disney & the beach. When did you leave Vegas (I think that's where I recall you lived)? Do you still teach? We have a pop-up camper but we are spoiled and usually only camp at Ft Wilderness; we never seem to get other spots in the parks or by the beach due to last minute scheduling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #83  

Oh, I just remembered the January Scraplift Challenge. That starts on Monday, right? I think it's my favorite challenge!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #84  
Matboard Maniac

Kelli your page is great, beautiful layout.

I've just added my first scrap page from 2012 if anyone wishes to see it, I haven't added it to this Goal Challenge obviously, as it's not a new one.
1st Scrapbook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #85  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I look forward to the challenges and the excitement of meeting new friends as we all work together for a common goal!

Welcome! Can't wait to see your pages (if you choose to share :-) )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #86  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
Fifty-two layouts is a great plan, I think. I set a goal for 96 (8 per month), but I have a feeling I might wind up closer to your 52 page goal. I've been doing more card making than the past several years and helping a group of friends learn about papercrafting and stamping, so my page count will probably be lower than the last several years.

Good luck with your goals. It's always nice when he hear from you!
thanks wendy!! i am the same as you this past year - lots and lots more cards than scrapbooking. my kids love going through our travel albums and reading my journaling about whatever we did in the pictures so i want to give them more of that. sure makes me proud when they start laughing because of something they see in my pages!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #87  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
That sounds like a fun trip! You will be on the Gulf side and I'm on the Atlantic so if you come over this side definitely let me know. I'm half way between Disney & the beach. When did you leave Vegas (I think that's where I recall you lived)? Do you still teach? We have a pop-up camper but we are spoiled and usually only camp at Ft Wilderness; we never seem to get other spots in the parks or by the beach due to last minute scheduling.
We left Vegas June 2010, and, although, I applied all over the state of SC, in 2 weeks I had a job a mile or so from my sons' house. Which was what my dad wanted-he made noises at the idea of me moving to SC, only to move too far away from him-sometimes things just work the way they are supposed to!

We all lived there-my two grown sons, my daughter-in-law, my dad and my DH-from June 2010- March 2013. It took all of us doing a little to take care of my dad, but I am really happy that when he just couldn't live by himself in Nevada anymore, he was able to live in his own family's home. It was a good thing my sons have a huge house- 2500+ square feet-even with all of us there, there was still an open guest bedroom! And not to mention that all toll we had 10 dogs and most of them were huge!
We are in our own home now, but it is a fixer-upper, so when I get to those pages, you will all see ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #88  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
thanks wendy!! i am the same as you this past year - lots and lots more cards than scrapbooking. my kids love going through our travel albums and reading my journaling about whatever we did in the pictures so i want to give them more of that. sure makes me proud when they start laughing because of something they see in my pages!!![/
Sure makes it all worth it, doesn't it??

Last edited by Lmn; 01-04-2014 at 09:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #89  

Quote:

Originally Posted by fressheView Post
We left Vegas June 2010, and, although, I applied all over the state of SC, in 2 weeks I had a job a mile or so from my sons' house. Which was what my dad wanted-he made noises at the idea of me moving to SC, only to move too far away from him-sometimes things just work the way they are supposed to!

We all lived there-my two grown sons, my daughter-in-law, my dad and my DH-from June 2010- March 2013. It took all of us doing a little to take care of my dad, but I am really happy that when he just couldn't live by himself in Nevada anymore, he was able to live in his own family's home. It was a good thing my sons have a huge house- 2500+ square feet-even with all of us there, there was still an open guest bedroom! And not to mention that all toll we had 10 dogs and most of them were huge!
We are in our own home now, but it is a fixer-upper, so when I get to those pages, you will all see ;)
OMG --ten dogs?????? Wow. I'm glad it all worked out, Valerie

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #90  
Hardware Hotshot

Shutterfly is having 101 free prints until Monday!! Go print some pictures to scrap everyone!
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #91  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftingalldayView Post
Kelli your page is great, beautiful layout.

I've just added my first scrap page from 2012 if anyone wishes to see it, I haven't added it to this Goal Challenge obviously, as it's not a new one.
1st Scrapbook Page
Thanks!
I love your first scrapbook page! Can't wait to see more of yours!
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #92  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Here are my 1st two pages (separate & together) for 2014!

Corning Museum of Glass by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Corning Museum of Glass by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #93  
Glitter Guru

I wanted to finish these pages, and it took me nearly all day! I did go spend some time with a homebound student and cooked for DH-but it took me a long time to pick the background paper. I actually made 6 pages, but chose 3 to post so you could see the fun my kids bring into my life. Seriously, the older I get, the less I seem to be able to go and do--, I am going to have to learn how to budget better or something!
Out of the Harbor by fresshe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Morris Island by fresshe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fishing in the Harbor by fresshe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #94  
Hardware Hotshot

And two more! I'm a little disappointed in the background paper. It's actually red but looks pink in the photos.

Corning Museum of Glass II (both)

Corning Museum of Glass II (left)

Corning Museum of Glass II (right)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #95  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!!! I crashed big time yesterday and never got to finish my room (but I did sleep about 10 hours which I can't recall the last time I slept more than 5.5!). Back in here to finish up then work on some photos I've had pulled out since VSBN! :-)

Hoping you're all having a lovely Sunday too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #96  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Yea for sleep Mary Pat, it's not over rated I do it all the time!! Finished my book, put a couple of layouts (kits) together, then cleaned a bit and have a bit more to do. Now I'm ready to tackle another kit or two before I settle into scrapping!

I really need to quickly link the pages that I posted last night.........

One of a Kind
snow day

I think I did too many pages with fall pumpkins, I am not happy with the result but have 4 albums to put the layouts in and too few pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #97  
Matboard Maniac

Absolutely Gorgeous Scrap Pages so far, I love them all.
I've had a day cleaning & cooking so I've only got as far as sorting out photos for my next one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #98  
Matboard Maniac

Sharon I love the Pumpkin layouts, I especially love those spiders web & bats.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #99  
Glitter Guru

I second that hurray for sleep! I stayed up until midnight last night, scrapping, a first for me in a very, very, long time!
I scrapped another one today-but will upload tomorrow. Back to work tomorrow, so scrapping will most likely slow...but considering that I only decided to begin scrapping again Dec 28 or 29, I have 26 pages done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #100  
Hardware Hotshot

I put a photo on my desk to use for the Stash Busters Challenge but I've been side tracked ever since. Hope to work on it after dinner!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #101  
Proud Fan Club Member

We just returned from dropping my DD off at MSU (yesterday) and high tailed it out of town (due to the big snow storm that's hitting the Lower Peninsula right now)! She just informed us that the first day of classes has been cancelled (as are most of the schools in the U.P. although our cancellation is due to the cold)! Catching up on all of the new challenges that have been posted and reading through all the new chatter...there's some new faces which is always nice to see! I'm looking forward to having fun scrapping this year, you are all so very inspiring!
Stay safe & warm tonight & tomorrow! Looking forward to spending the day in my craft room tomorrow!!!

Last edited by Scrappy48; 01-05-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #102  
Hardware Hotshot

I finally took the time to play along with the Stash Busters Challenge! It was fun using my old stuff...except for the Washi Tape, I just got it a few weeks ago! ;)

Visit with Santa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #103  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up Guess What Time It Is?!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 04:30 AM   #104  
Matboard Maniac

You girls have really got me addicted to scrapbooking, my second one for this year is now in my gallery
Me & my Daughter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #105  
Die Cut Diva

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

Last night I got three of my 2013 weekly pages done, haha...I still have plenty to do, and I've decided to keep going with the weekly pages for 2014 too!
I'm only adding one of the pages because they were all super basic. This was the most "complicated", lol!

Week 26
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #106  
Embossing Fanatic

[/QUOTE]
I'm in the Northwoods...I live on the MI/WI border! [/QUOTE]

Where in the Northwoods? I'll be up that way at the end of January for a snowmobile trip. :-) I always break for a day or two to scrap or make cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #107  
Embossing Fanatic

Count me in on this challenge. I am so far behind and if I am held accountable I will get it done :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #108  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbearzView Post
Count me in on this challenge. I am so far behind and if I am held accountable I will get it done :-)
Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #109  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

You girls have really got me addicted to scrapbooking, my second one for this year is now in my gallery
Me & my Daughter
lol! That's how it starts..definitely an addiction...but one of the good kinds Great page!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #110  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Welcome to the group...it's nice you decided to join us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #111  
Gallery Gazer

So...Mary Pat...bet you're not swimming in your pool this week ;) I just saw on the news that this cold wave is coming your way too! It was 44 degrees this morning on the way to work and it's not supposed to go over 10 degrees all day tomorrow! Unreal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #112  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
So...Mary Pat...bet you're not swimming in your pool this week ;) I just saw on the news that this cold wave is coming your way too! It was 44 degrees this morning on the way to work and it's not supposed to go over 10 degrees all day tomorrow! Unreal!
Lol! I don't have a pool heater so I can't swim in it all year round anyway ;-). We're suppose to get a low in the 30's after a high of 80...nothing like a 45+ drop in 48 hours! The good thing is we get no snow and it doesn't last so I guess I can't complain (too much!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #113  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

My goal is simple: Complete at least 1 page a month commemorating the Date Nights that DH and I have planned for the upcoming year, anything else will be a bonus!

Welcome! I missed your post somehow so sorry I'm a little late...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #114  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Me & my Daughter
I think we could be called enablers BUT at least you'll fill your albums with finished layouts...LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #115  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Welcome to the group!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #116  
Glitter Guru

This is going to be a great group this year!!! Welcome scrapbearz!
Well for this girl, I use the term lightly, it is really cold- dipping down below freezing already and we are on a 3 hour late start tomorrow, even at 9am it only supposed to be 19-I sure hope my truck starts, I don't know that it has ever seen that low of a temp- Brrrrrrr
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #117  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Speaking of Brrrr

Well, I'm glad to report I'm not a popsicle ...yet ... but WOW! It was actual {-1} degrees here with a {-21} degrees wind chill. Let me just say when the wind hits you, it's drastic. I only went out once and changed my mind to stay in the office all day! Tomorrow supposed to be even colder here, they are suggesting everyone stay home.

I've been busy-busy this weekend scrappin'. Cheryl invited me to host the Stashbuster's Challenge { Week #1 HERE } and it seemed as the more stash I pulled out the more motivated I got to not only use up paper packs and supplies but to get lots more older photos in my albums. I'll be back to add the pages to my Gallery later this evening ...

Right now, I'm off to work on the January Scraplift Page, I chose from Valerie's (fresshe) gallery! If you haven't signed up to play this month, come on over
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #118  
Proud Fan Club Member

We had -18 here this morning and it just went downhill from there. I ventured out to get food and gas and the wind was brutal! School was cancelled again for tomorrow throughout most of the U.P. and my DD said MSU morning classes have been cancelled for tomorrow too!
I had my pictures printed out (Walgreens has a 100 for .09cent each special so I took advantage of that!) I'm thinking I'll take advantage of the sale and get 2013's printed next! I've got a spread laid out on my desk but keep getting distracted, so I'll finish it up tomorrow and see how many more I can get done (now that my photos are organized).
I just signed up for the scraplift and have to get the stashbusters done, plus Sally just posted a bunch of new sketches, so I have plenty of challenges to choose from! Should be fun!

Last edited by Scrappy48; 01-06-2014 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #119  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Northwoods

I'm in the Northwoods...I live on the MI/WI border! [/QUOTE]

Where in the Northwoods? I'll be up that way at the end of January for a snowmobile trip. :-) I always break for a day or two to scrap or make cards.[/QUOTE]

Welcome! Where are you going snowmobiling?

Last edited by Scrappy48; 01-06-2014 at 05:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #120  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

forgot to share. first layout for the year went live last week.

Scrap It Thursdays? another series! � Scraps & photoGRAFFS
Reply With Quote Likes