Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
I didn't get many pages completed last year. It was a pretty rough year for me loosing my dad so soon after my mom passed. But I am full of wonderful memories! I plan to make more me time this coming year and lots of family time. We are expecting two new grandchildren this year so I will have a lot of pictures to scrap! I am making a small goal until I can get back into the swing of things. So I am going for 5 pages this month with a yearly goal of 100. Happy New Year to everyone!
It's been a few years, but I am so sorry to hear about your loss...
But, the addition of new grandchildren will be most wonderful-congratulations!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #42  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Good morning, I'm a bit late getting my 2014 goals together and am not sure what I want to do for 2014 IRL: starting a new job (part-time) around the 13th; DD1 graduates; DD2 will be traveling for lax even more than she has been...so not sure what direction I'm heading :-). I do want to focus on improving my overall health so I will be working on that.

Scrapbooking I am still going to keep it small and aim for 4 pages a month: 48. That's what I did last year and though I went over I don't know if I'll get another chunk of free time like I did this past November. I still haven't gotten to scrap for a while even though I keep planning/hoping; DH & girls go back to school next week and hopefully I can get a few days in before starting the new job! ;-)

I too appreciate all the sharing and caring that happens in this thread. It's been wonderful to 'get to know' you all in a very unique and special way without really meeting many of you. I know we've chatted about getting together and I'm willing to work on it if anyone is ever interested; living where I do (Central Florida) there are plenty of hotels & tourist spots to make it a great vacation!

Looking forward to a fantastic 2014 with very crafty, artistic, and inspirational women!
Central Florida! Well, we plan to head that way Withlacoochee, and then St Petersburg area next December- so I am pretty sure that is central? We will definitely have to meet! We are going to camp in our cargo trailer that we are trying to convert to a camper so that we can take our dogs and our recumbent trikes when we travel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Just a little something that we, as a family, are working on...

Feelin' Thrifty.. .
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #44  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

My first page of the year with a long way to go!

Days Like This
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you for the kind welcome Sharon & Teresa.
Thank you for the info on the challenges too, Sharon, I love a good sketch to work to, I've made lots of cards using sketches they are my favourites and thanks for visiting my gallery. I've ordered some new inks which should arrive today so I am hoping to get started on my first scrapbook page, ooh it's so exciting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

I've just been to all your galleries, wow you have made some fab pages, thanks for the inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #47  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftingalldayView Post
Hello ladies,
I'm new to scrapbooking, thank you to Sewflake for directing me to here. I would love to join you here, I have only ever made one scrapbook page (back in 2012) but I really want to do more, especially as my Mum has her 80th birthday in December this year, so I would love to make a real special one for her.
I can't commit to making lots of pages as I'm only a beginner but I would like to try to make at least one per month.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Happy New Year, Teresa x
Welcome, Teresa. You'll really be glad you joined us...lots of inspiration!. I checked out your blog & WOW! Your work is beautiful! Can't wait to see your scrap pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Lou Ann, thank you for the kind welcome and for visiting my blog, I've been putting together the pieces for my scrapbook page today, I need to get some printer ink so I can print off some photos, I just popped a piece of card in place of where the photo will be for today so I can work around it. As you've seen my cards you will know I like to use lots of embellishments on them, so it's going to be fun this scrapbooking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 03:35 AM   #49  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Hi Lou Ann, thank you for the kind welcome and for visiting my blog, I've been putting together the pieces for my scrapbook page today, I need to get some printer ink so I can print off some photos, I just popped a piece of card in place of where the photo will be for today so I can work around it. As you've seen my cards you will know I like to use lots of embellishments on them, so it's going to be fun this scrapbooking.
I agree, your blog postings are gorgeous! You are going to create fantastic scrap pages, can't wait to see them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 03:45 AM   #50  
Glitter Guru

I have been thinking about what I will do the same or different. I think my pages for the time being are really about the photos and the story behind them. I have spent the last day and 1/2 sorting photos from my phone into files- oh why did I just let them sit on my phone for so long?
Ok, I know why-the last of my dad was there, but now those final days are tucked neatly in a dad file in the 2012 folder.
As I look back over 2012, I was very busy- doing, not scrapping- almost like I had to get as much done while my dad was here as I could, hmmm.
My going and doing slowed measurably in 2013- a few things with DH and I, but mostly only outings with my sons.
I like the beginning of the year, a time for musing, sizing things up for the year to unfold-
Bear with me as I relive the past couple of years and get this chapter written and stored away on the pages to come!

Thanks for all the comments on my pages-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

2014! Oh my! Where does the time go?!

My goals for this year are to make more handmade albums. I have two in the works right now on my desk. I have pages done except for pics in one of them but didn't mark those down for December '13 cause the pics weren't in and the album not complete/binded. So, I will have those to add to my '14 goals.

I hope to reach 150 pages scraped this year either 12x12 or pages from my handmade albums.

Thank you Lela for keeping up with us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #52  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Welcome Teresa! Glad you have joined us!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #53  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it was official at 7;15 a.m. A snow day! DGS is jumping for joy however DH and DGS didn't really want to be outside for long shoveling the drive and porch areas. The temps are below zero when the wind is blowing! DGS did shovel a path and circle for poor Rufus who went right away and then decided to chase down a leaf blowing across the yard. Boy did he get a surprise when he jumped outside the shoveled area It was amazing how quickly he went running for the door to be left back in too funny!

I saw a recipe on facebook this morning that I just had to try to see if it would really work and it DID! Yummy! Brownie in a mug made in the microwave! Too awesome...you gotta try it out!

Into a mug put 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and a pinch of salt (I then stirred them up to mix them together). Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 3 tablespoons water and mix until the consistency is good and dry mix is all mixed up. Put mug into microwave for 1 minute and 40 seconds...when it beeps, you've got a cakelike brownie and we ate it right out of the mug...so good! It was recommended to add vanilla ice cream but I didn't have any on hand this morning but will definitely do this again. So simple and only 4 items to clean up afterwards and what a quick way to get my sweets fix.

DH is sleeping after all his exertion and DGS is playing minecraft so pretty soon I'll have to do something constructive...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Welcome Teresa! Glad you have joined us!
Thank you Patti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by fressheView Post
I agree, your blog postings are gorgeous! You are going to create fantastic scrap pages, can't wait to see them!!
Totally agree!!! Welcome :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Just popped on to say 'hi'. I'm off to my scrap room to start the after Christmas cleaning process. Hopefully I'll get to scrap tomorrow if I clean it up today :-)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Gosh, its the 3rd and already 2 pages of comments! I am in for 30 pages this year. I'll start off with 3 for the month of January! I also will be making at least 2 mini books for sure this year. I have another mini book I found this past month that is almost done that hasn't been touched for at least 2 years. I would like to finish it up too!
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #58  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yikes i completely fell off last year. but i got pages made, which was better than i could say for the 3 years before that!

my goal this month, and every month, is one page per week. so i'll average that to 52 layouts for the year, or 4 layouts per month.

i'm trying to do a weekly series on my blog for christmas cards and another for scrapbook layouts so hopefully i can meet both!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #59  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome! Welcome Back!

WOW! Christmas of Friends this last week! This is AWESOME! Super glad to have new scrappers with us and welcome back to all of our scrappy friends who've been here before
THIS IS SO EXCITING!

I think it is fun because when you scrap together you get a little slice or 2 (or more) of each others lives and seeing your pages back is like seeing the "family" change through photos. I feel like you all watched my boys grow up, graduate and move off to college with me, LOL! I know I've watched your kids and Grandkids grow too.

I'm just SUPER Glad you're all here scrapping with us!

Sorry I've been kind of quiet this last week, I've been really trying to stay non-sucked in by SCS and actually get pages/cards done while I can. Limited time this month.

I'll be updating the list tomorrow

Last edited by Lmn; 01-03-2014 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I started scrapbooking around 2005 or so. I found trying to do it chronologically more trouble than it was worth and decided to just do whatever inspired me at the time. Around 2010 my DH and I started planning a move and so I started purging and packing the house up so that when the perfect home found us we would be ready to go. Needless to say that in my years of scrapping I had collected WAY more stuff than I had ever hoped to use in a lifetime but packed it up anyway. We bought our first home in mid 2011 and I even had my own room to craft in! By the time I got it set up with the most minimal of supplies (the rest stored in the attic because I couldn't bear to part with it just yet) I turned to making the occasional card for family and friends.

Fast forward to 2014 and it has been about 5 years since I have even attempted to put a page together. I feel like a beginner all over again and I wonder just where to begin. I do not take the pictures I used to take as my DD's are grown or all but and don't like the camera in their faces but I have tons filed away to draw inspiration from, as well as the desire to start back again.

My goal is simple: Complete at least 1 page a month commemorating the Date Nights that DH and I have planned for the upcoming year, anything else will be a bonus!

I look forward to the challenges and the excitement of meeting new friends as we all work together for a common goal!

2014 S2S Challenge $109 Earned to Date
Card Goal:105/100 Page Goal:28/12
Challenges Completed: 36

Follow me on Pinterest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #61  
Glitter Guru

Welcome Jeanne Ann, glad you will be joining us. We all meet our goals 1 page at a time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #62  
Glitter Guru

I have been trying to stay off the pc so I can get some work done. I have one another finished and the 3rd almost done as soon as I can decide if I like the placement. I took pictures of the finished page but it was ether too late in the day or I just don't like the finished product in photos and not sure what to do about it!! I'll try again tomorrow.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 03:33 AM   #63  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Welcome Jeanne Ann! It's it funny how they don't like a camera in their face but they do like to look at what we've created!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:37 AM   #64  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Welcome Jeanne Ann!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #65  
Glitter Guru

Jeanne, Welcome and you are not alone with your on again, off again approach to scrapping!! Date nights sound like a blast, and a great idea (I might have to borrow that) can't wait to see your pages!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah!!! I've done it my first scrapbook page this year is now in my gallery, I'm quite pleased with it too, I must warn you I go over the top with my embellishments (I love them) I'm afraid I don't know how to do a one word link to put it here but I have put the sbc14jan as the title, hope you like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

Not sure if any of you live in/near North Dakota but if you're interested a friend of mine has a Crop (info is via facebook):

https://www.facebook.com/events/1427...y_type=regular
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #68  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Yeah!!! I've done it my first scrapbook page this year is now in my gallery, I'm quite pleased with it too, I must warn you I go over the top with my embellishments (I love them) I'm afraid I don't know how to do a one word link to put it here but I have put the sbc14jan as the title, hope you like it.
Welcome Teresa! I think (know) you'll like it here! Your page is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

This LINK should help you learn how to link up your pages with one word. ;)

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

For Mum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

I can link using the quote button but not using the post quick reply button :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Ahh I got it! using the Go Advanced button
I knew I would get there it just takes patience, something of which I'm lacking
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #72  

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Well, I did 76 pages of my 100 page goal in 2013. My goal for 2014 is 100 again.
I had a busy, difficult year in 2013. I will try to do more of the challenges this year. After next week, I will be able to participate more!
Nice to see you all! Happy New Year!
Looking forward to seeing more of you, Sharon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #73  

Quote:

Ahh I got it! using the Go Advanced button
I knew I would get there it just takes patience, something of which I'm lacking
There are so many little things to master, but once we get them, it sure helps. Glad you got it down!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #74  
Glitter Guru

Stunning beginnings Teresa. After seeing your card gallery I knew your style would be right up my alley only better!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #75  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

That is a wonderful page. Going forward though, the SBC14Jan needs to go in the actual keyword field and then give each of your pages a different title otherwise I think the moderators in SCS will think your page is a duplicate and they will delete it from the system. You can use the same keywords over and over because that will put those items in a certain category so when someone does a search, it will show up based on the "keyword" asked for in the search. You're getting there
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #76  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, I finally read all the comments and saw pages...now to create my first page this year, I think I will do the stash challenge!
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
That is a wonderful page. Going forward though, the SBC14Jan needs to go in the actual keyword field and then give each of your pages a different title otherwise I think the moderators in SCS will think your page is a duplicate and they will delete it from the system. You can use the same keywords over and over because that will put those items in a certain category so when someone does a search, it will show up based on the "keyword" asked for in the search. You're getting there

Thank you Teresa for your help, I will remember that in future, I thought it was a bit odd just putting that as a title at least I know now, thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #78  
Gallery Gazer

Yeah! In my craft room and I've got a large bin for donation started. Just need to go through a few more areas and then I'll get to work on a page :-). I hope you're all doing well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

I did it! First page this year!

Laugh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #80  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
yikes i completely fell off last year. but i got pages made, which was better than i could say for the 3 years before that!

my goal this month, and every month, is one page per week. so i'll average that to 52 layouts for the year, or 4 layouts per month.

i'm trying to do a weekly series on my blog for christmas cards and another for scrapbook layouts so hopefully i can meet both!!
Fifty-two layouts is a great plan, I think. I set a goal for 96 (8 per month), but I have a feeling I might wind up closer to your 52 page goal. I've been doing more card making than the past several years and helping a group of friends learn about papercrafting and stamping, so my page count will probably be lower than the last several years.

Good luck with your goals. It's always nice when he hear from you!

Last edited by wendella247; 01-04-2014 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes