Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #41  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Friends,

Here is my first completed page of the year and it also fits into one of the CreativeCrew Challanges for this month
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #42  

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheryl,
I was just thinking about my goal as I drove into work today (booo...back to work!! lol). I don't take nearly as many pictures anymore it seems like - which is plain silly because I take TONS of pictures more than I ever did years ago when I had a film camera. What I mean, I guess, is that I don't take as many pictures that I feel like I NEED to scrapbook the way I used to scrapbook. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense. I think now that my kids are older, it is harder to take photos that are not exactly like 50 others and I feel a little sad sometimes that I don't get to take photos of just the everyday anymore except for of my almost 16 yr old - who also complains that I take too many pictures, lol! I take and scrapbook many basketball photos, and I have many many landscape type photos from trips, but I just can't fill up albums full of pictures that all look the same. Not all vacation photos are the same, but at the same time there's only so many I want to put into scrapbook format (when you take 1200-1500 photos on a trip that is WAY too many to scrapbook!).

Anyway, just me rambling, thinking about pictures and scrapbooking and thinking that I need to revise my goal - not for less pages to complete, but for more scrapbook worthy photos of everyday life. I'm not sure I want to do "project life" necessarily, but something closer to that than not maybe.

Just thinking too, that maybe some years there will be more photos than other years - you know, when there are those big vacations or big events (grads, weddings, new babies!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
I'm aiming for 100 layouts this year. Makes me a little sad to see that low number when I think that I completed 245 layouts back in 2008, but life was simpler then. :( 100 layouts puts me at 8 layouts a month. I think I can do that! It will be nice to exceed my goal instead of always missing it. Happy New Year, everyone.

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Terri, I can relate to what you are saying. There is a big gap in my picture taking from the early years when my kids were growing up. There are years worth of great memories with no pictures to scrap!! Then my grandkids came along, and I got into scrapbooking about the same time. My DDIL said I looked like a Chinese tourist with my camera hanging around my neck taking picture after picture after picture. lol

I was never one to take so many pictures that I could or even wanted to fill an album with single event photos. Not only does it get boring for me making the pages, but I would never read all the journaling done in whole album. I can tell you for a fact that everone that looked at the Christmas album I did complete, did not read the journaling, they just looked at the pictures. I find it much more enjoyable to scrap a few pages of single events, therefore I have been taking fewer pictures over the last couple of years. Like you said, some of the events we do year after year, although it is fun to see how the kids have changed.

Now if I was all caught up on my scrapping then I would definatly have to lower my goal for finished pages.............. speaking of which I better get a move on scrapping, my DIL wanted to take a bunch of pictures of my son (her huband) of his baby/early years, and each was a one-of-a-kind with no hope of having re prints made. I hated to see them go as a few were my favorites, but I knew she will get them in a scrap book. I tired to get them copied but it was the day before they were to leave and I just did not have time. Oh well, the whole idea of having scrap books is to leave them for the next generations.

To my scrap table I will go............................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #44  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I have always been a picture taker, but obviously with the introduction of the digital cameras, it's so easy to take WAY more. I usually "think" photo taking--meaning, I always think, "I should take a photo of this," and I almost always have my camera with me, but I don't have as many occasions to take photos. My son and DIL do tons of things with their kids, and fortunately, my DIL likes to take pics too, so lately I've been using a lot my DIL's pics instead of any I have (or haven't) taken. DIL just got a beautiful DSLR with awesome lenses, so at least I have the pics to choose from--now i just need the TIME! A problem, since I'm a slow scrapper!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #45  

I really LIKE to take pictures, and I do take a lot of pictures. It is just a matter of not having as many everyday occasions to take pictures of. I think I just need to figure out how to scrapbook the things that matter to me, and so far I think I'm doing ok with that. It just FEELS different. I really enjoy journalling - it is something about scrapbooking that I really enjoy. People may not take time to read the journalling I do now, but I know that they will one day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #46  
Embossing Fanatic

I am new to making a commitment on how many pages I hope to scrap this year, so I will go on the low side for now and if all goes well, will increase my commitment next year. I will Scrap 48 pages this year/4 per month. I will make 100 cards/10 per month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #47  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Wendy, totally jealous of your DIL's beautiful camera! I was going through pictures from 2012 so I could create one of those Costco calendars, and so many of the pictures were fuzzy or overexposed or just not worth using. My hubby got us a new camera last year, and I hate it. I think it needs to have a fatal "accident" so I can get a new one. If only we had the money - sigh . . .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

On the lighter side, is anyone else seeing the ad in the sidebar about dating women who are 50+? Hmm, wonder if they'll get any takers? On a site that is primarily used by women, it seems like a waste of their advertizing dollars!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #49  

Welcome CALproductions! Any page scrapped is a page scrapped - can't wait to see your work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CALproductionsView Post
I am new to making a commitment on how many pages I hope to scrap this year, so I will go on the low side for now and if all goes well, will increase my commitment next year. I will Scrap 48 pages this year/4 per month. I will make 100 cards/10 per month.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #50  

I have a great camera, I just need the great lenses now I can dream!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I have always been a picture taker, but obviously with the introduction of the digital cameras, it's so easy to take WAY more. I usually "think" photo taking--meaning, I always think, "I should take a photo of this," and I almost always have my camera with me, but I don't have as many occasions to take photos. My son and DIL do tons of things with their kids, and fortunately, my DIL likes to take pics too, so lately I've been using a lot my DIL's pics instead of any I have (or haven't) taken. DIL just got a beautiful DSLR with awesome lenses, so at least I have the pics to choose from--now i just need the TIME! A problem, since I'm a slow scrapper!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #51  

I got my first page of the year done!!

Kaitlyn 21 by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3FriesView Post
I have a great camera, I just need the great lenses now I can dream!
I have a great camera and a good lens, I just need a better photographer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #53  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmcgraw01View Post
I have a great camera and a good lens, I just need a better photographer!
Hahaha! Have you considered taking a class? I really enjoyed the DSLR class I too - but I learned I need a better lens for what I want to do! So it was a positive/negative ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

My first page for the month. And now I only have a couple more sets of photos printed out, so I guess I need to get some more developed so I can keep scrapping!

Once Upon a Silent Night

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #55  

It's great to "see" you here! I find goal setting has been a tremendous help to me in getting pages done. The challenges are inspiring too. We have a great little bunch here, who help keep each other motivated too!

Welcome!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #56  

I know, Cheryl--she's been able to take WAY better pics. She got it mainly to take action shots of the girls playing soccer, but she has discovered all her pics are better. If I were younger, with a family still at home, I know I'd love to have a camera like hers. At this point in time, I've directed my skills at trying to use Photoshop Elements to "correct" the pics I have that aren't so great! lol Photography can be an expensive hobby!

Quote:

Wendy, totally jealous of your DIL's beautiful camera! I was going through pictures from 2012 so I could create one of those Costco calendars, and so many of the pictures were fuzzy or overexposed or just not worth using. My hubby got us a new camera last year, and I hate it. I think it needs to have a fatal "accident" so I can get a new one. If only we had the money - sigh . . .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Default 2013 Goals.

Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm still trying to regain my scrapping. It's funny in 2012 I was very busy, did lots of scrapping but most of it was for work. I completely left my personal scrapping on the back burner. Between personal life ( major year for us) and, working from home I cold not balance time for my own pages. So I'm glad projects are over and I can get back to the love of scrapping my own pages.

In 2013 I'm setting my goal at 260. I will scrap 5 pages a week.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #58  

Yay! Sounds like we'll be hearing more from you in 2013, Tam! Your pages are always inspiring. 260 is quite a goal, but if anyone can do it, you can!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #59  

Thursday Challenge

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #60  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Welcome to the thread! 48 is usually what I commit to as well and anything more is a bonus! Good luck! There is lots of inspiration here to help you along!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcanView Post
Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm still trying to regain my scrapping. It's funny in 2012 I was very busy, did lots of scrapping but most of it was for work. I completely left my personal scrapping on the back burner. Between personal life ( major year for us) and, working from home I cold not balance time for my own pages. So I'm glad projects are over and I can get back to the love of scrapping my own pages.

Hey Tam! Good to see you back...love looking at your pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #62  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivanurseView Post
I'd like to join in again... This has been a very difficult year for me and sadly I didn't scrap much at all... I'll set my goal for 8 pages for January...
Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your year but hopefully 2013 will be better. Looking forward to seeing your pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #63  

Quote:

Happy New Year!

You can do it! Getting back to enjoying creating just because you want to for those you love is so rewarding!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies!
Happy New Year!

I'm back with lofty goals for 2013. I need to make more pages than cards this year. I have cards on top of cards sitting in boxes. I am so behind with my scrapping it is pitiful.

2013: 175 page goal
January I'm shooting for 12 pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #65  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Hey ladies!
Happy New Year!

I'm back with lofty goals for 2013. I need to make more pages than cards this year. I have cards on top of cards sitting in boxes. I am so behind with my scrapping it is pitiful.

You've come to the right place! We'll keep you going!

PS - can I borrow a few cards? ;) lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #66  
Glitter Guru

I love to see all of the goals being planned for 2013. Those with high goals are in inspiration to me to keep up with the goal I commited to.

Yea ladies!!

I have those boxes of cards too, taking up space I could use for something else. I did use one of my small cards on my newest finished page for journaling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Hey ladies!
Happy New Year!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #67  
Glitter Guru

Good to see you back, it's good to see everyone back this year and welcome to the newbies.

Quote:

Happy New Year!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #68  
Glitter Guru

Here you go with my next page for January.......... it was a page map sketch over at scrapbook.com challenges.

There R Elves
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #69  
Cardstock Collector

I would love to join your group! My goal is a LO a week or 52 in 2013.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #70  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Quote:

On the lighter side, is anyone else seeing the ad in the sidebar about dating women who are 50+? Hmm, wonder if they'll get any takers? On a site that is primarily used by women, it seems like a waste of their advertizing dollars!
Funny, I didn't see the ad but anyone using this site wouldn't have time for dating anyway...they'd be here to scrap or stamp! I agree a waste of adv $...LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #71  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Welcome!! You'll be glad you joined!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #72  
Hardware Hotshot

Well I haven't been able to work on any LOs yet....I had a mouse in my craft room & had to do a little cleaning up. :mad: I was lucky that nothing I had on my desk was ruined & I think I caught him!! It was a hard lesson to learn but going forward if I make a project that has candy in it I won't take it to my carft room unless I eat the candy first. I think I should have time this weekend to get started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #73  

Inspired by your page Sharon, to go visit Page Maps and create again tonight. Wendy, you'll be so proud of my many layers on this one, LOL.

I think this one will be printed and framed for my daughter for Valentine's day

Puppy Kyla SBVC173 by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
Here you go with my next page for January.......... it was a page map sketch over at scrapbook.com challenges.

There R Elves

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #74  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome Scrappy Sisters

I'm SO excited to see everyone's goals! I'll be updating the first page this weekend ... but feel free to invite more friends... the more the merrier.

I'm THRILLED to see Lanita, Tam, Leah all back with us yay! I'm also so excited to see all of our new Scrap Friends join us -- WELCOME!

We all love to scrap and we just share as much as we're comfortable with. If you want to upload pages and share links, feel free. It's easiest if you use KEYWORD - sbc13jan (for this month) so we can check out all the cool pages in the gallery.

If you'd prefer not to upload your pages, that's ok too! Feel free to tell us about them, chat and share
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #75  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking More

Time tonight for 3 more pages ... Gotta use the MOJO while it's "in house", kwim? ;)

Christmas Boys 2010

2012 Memphis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #76  

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJCs_momView Post
Welcome AJCs_mom! A LO a week is a great goal! Share photos here now and then - keeps the rest of us remembering to sit down and play too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #77  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Time tonight for 3 more pages ... Gotta use the MOJO while it's "in house", kwim? ;)

Christmas Boys 2010

2012 Memphis
Can't wait to see them! You're getting lots done already this year! Love your cards from this week too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #78  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Welcome! Your goal's a good one. I usually plan on 4 per month and anything over that is a bonus! Good luck and have fun doing them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #79  
Glitter Guru

Welcome aboard AJC's mom, we look forward to seeing your creations. This is a great place to get started and incourage to keep going.

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #80  
Glitter Guru

I will be back later today to check out the gallery and catch up on leaving a little love. Thank you to all who have left me a little love.

Just got the newest Photoshop Elements in the mail. Now to get it installed and harder yet learning how to use it. I can bet there have been some big steps since Elements 4!!
Reply With Quote Likes