Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #561  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmomView Post
Hey Mary Pat - thanks for the heads up on the code. I got it fixed
:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #562  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, how bad am I...it's been such a rainy/grey day and I didn't sleep well...so housework that is suppose to be getting done ~ not so much...just been hanging out leaving luv in the gallery with the occassional getting something done...good thing this isn't a paying job ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #563  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Okay, how bad am I...it's been such a rainy/grey day and I didn't sleep well...so housework that is suppose to be getting done ~ not so much...just been hanging out leaving luv in the gallery with the occassional getting something done...good thing this isn't a paying job ;-)
some times you just gotta do that. I had a plan this morning and worked it pretty hard for cleaning. Now I"m exhausted (with a stuffy head) and probably won't get the second half of my list done... some days I'd like to get fired :mrgreen: (actually last night when hubby came home, I told him I needed a break from the children. That lasted about 5 minutes.)

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #564  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmomView Post
some times you just gotta do that. I had a plan this morning and worked it pretty hard for cleaning. Now I"m exhausted (with a stuffy head) and probably won't get the second half of my list done... some days I'd like to get fired :mrgreen: (actually last night when hubby came home, I told him I needed a break from the children. That lasted about 5 minutes.)
Ooops, looks like you'll have to lock yourself in a room to craft and 'forget' about the kids when he's home ;-) Well, at least you got half your list done...that's great! I keep adding to mine but not doing anything...getting a second wind now so maybe I can at least get my bathroom scrubbed before 6 PM...I think that's when I'll get 'exhausted' and hang out in my craft room to 'recover' :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #565  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Hello...

I was leaving luv on Kelli's pages (digital) and I kept seeing these pretty thumbprint photos and they happen to be the same scrapper. She's a digi scrapper and I just loved her pages so thought I'd share :-) :

Blondy99s.

I'm not one to jump around much on SCS, pretty much just stick to this thread, so maybe someone has shared her gallery before and I missed it. Anywho..enjoy!
I've seen her work before and I agree...very cool! I wish there was a way to bookmark a whole gallery instead of just one layout. There are quite a few scrappers that do not participate in the goals thread that I would love to watch more regularly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #566  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Any of you participating in VSN tonight? I am pretty excited to do it! I have done the last two VSNs and it is so much fun. I just wish they didn't have the VSN and VSBN so close together! I can manage both minis, but last time after VSN main event, I couldn't craft for a month! hehee! Will try to do everything this time.

Sharon
First...congrats on reaching your goal already! That's awesome!

I might drop in to see what's going on but I don't make cards very much anymore even though I might try it tonight if I get time since I set a goal this year to average one a day (between Christmas, Birthdays, Valentine's and "others", I shouldn't have any problems reaching that goal)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #567  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, time to get off for now...I'm pleased with myself...I got caught up on leaving luv in the gallery on the first page of layouts...now only need to get caught up with the last five days or so :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #568  
Pearl-ExPert

Is it possible to be addicted to your die cutting machine???? I'm having so much fun with my Silhouette and keep seeing new projects and ideas. Must be the excitement of my new toy

Jan 0/8
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #569  
Stazon Splitcoast

Question Magic Idea book from CTMH

Have any of you ladies seen or purchased the Magic Idea book from CTMH? I have all of their pattern books except for this one and I was wondering if the style of layouts in this book was a little more modern (hope that makes sense).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #570  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
Have any of you ladies seen or purchased the Magic Idea book from CTMH? I have all of their pattern books except for this one and I was wondering if the style of layouts in this book was a little more modern (hope that makes sense).
I just read in one of the layouts in the gallery about this book. Cheryl did a layout with it and I believe Lela made a comment...so there have got to be a few ladies here. I don't have a CTMH consultant so I'll have to go check it out later...off to check out VSN tonight...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #571  
Matboard Maniac

I have only briefly skimmed through Magic and it is on my list of purchases. I really like Jeanette's books with the way it is laid-out for what to cut/etc. It was released with Winter 2010 catalog. It came out the same time they introduced the memory flaps. It also comes with a DVD which I haven't viewed yet.

Wish I paid more attention when I skimmed through it. Since it didn't leave a noticeable impression it probably follows a long the same lines as her previous ones. I mean that in the nicest way I think I would have rem embed it there was something about the book that was 'different' or something hugely unfavorable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #572  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMomentsView Post
I have only briefly skimmed through Magic and it is on my list of purchases. I really like Jeanette's books with the way it is laid-out for what to cut/etc. It was released with Winter 2010 catalog. It came out the same time they introduced the memory flaps. It also comes with a DVD which I haven't viewed yet.

Wish I paid more attention when I skimmed through it. Since it didn't leave a noticeable impression it probably follows a long the same lines as her previous ones. I mean that in the nicest way I think I would have rem embed it there was something about the book that was 'different' or something hugely unfavorable.
Yes I too love Jeanette's books with all the measurements and photo sizes etc. It really makes it easy. I have seen just a few of the layouts from the book by browsing the online catalog as it will tell you what book the layout comes from and I like what I've seen so far. Her style is definitely classic and timeless and there is nothing wrong with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #573  
Glitter Guru

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a question. Do you upload all the pages you have made for the month here? I have a couple that are the second page (kind of) of a two page layout. I have only posted one of the two pages and since they could be "stand alone" pages and I did not post the others but I did count them as part of my goal for the month/year.

Here is a page for the getyoursketchon sketch challenge.

Art Quilts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #574  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I have a question. Do you upload all the pages you have made for the month here? I have a couple that are the second page (kind of) of a two page layout. I have only posted one of the two pages and since they could be "stand alone" pages and I did not post the others but I did count them as part of my goal for the month/year.

Art Quilts
I don't upload all of my pages but lately I haven't done much so I have uploaded them all. LOL!

Your page is wonderful! I love the flowers in the top corner. I've got to make another page to submit for that challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #575  
Glitter Guru

Thank you Michele, I ended up being very pleased with the background paper and how well it went with the quilts. With that many colors in those quilts I thought it would be hard to find paper in my stash that would go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #576  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I've seen her work before and I agree...very cool! I wish there was a way to bookmark a whole gallery instead of just one layout. There are quite a few scrappers that do not participate in the goals thread that I would love to watch more regularly.
She does do great pages -- and is quite prolific. I often comment on her stuff-- but never hear from her. Guess she's too busy creating! lol

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #577  

Quote:

Art Quilts
Fun page!! Good luck with it!

I try to post all of my pages -- mostly so I have all of my scrapping stored in one place, if for no other reason!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #578  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Well, I am all warmed up for VSBN! I participated in VSN last night! Check out my gallery and see what we did! We even did a luminary! It was fun. I did all six. I am looking forward to next week-end!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #579  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
I have it Jenn and I have really enjoyed it! Magic is different from the other books in that it shows you the sketch and layout and then it takes it "up a notch" suggesting other techniques you could do with the same page. It's really about interactive pages and has directions on how to add those ideas into your page. I have tried some of them. I'll look thru my gallery and see if I can find some of those samples?

Funny story...I went to a crop at a hotel over NYE. I left the Magic Book on top of stand and when I called the Housekeeping Group the next day to see if I could get it back, the lady who found it loved it. LOL! so instead of having her send me the book, she sent me a check and kept it and I ordered another.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:58 AM   #580  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Oh Fun

Quote:

Well, I am all warmed up for VSBN! I participated in VSN last night! Check out my gallery and see what we did! We even did a luminary! It was fun. I did all six. I am looking forward to next week-end!

Sharon
I've been traveling this week for work as we did Trade Shows so I was exhausted last night and didn't get to play! Sounds Fun! I'm very much looking forward to VSBN mini Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #581  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Nice

Quote:

Art Quilts
Great Page Sharon! I try to upload all my pages but find like you that sometimes if it's a 2nd page or I didn't photo it first it doesn't get uploaded
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #582  

Quote:

Sharon
You did a great job on your VSN projects -- you're on a roll!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #583  
Forum Fanatic

Having a new Grand daughter has enabled me to blow my Jan. goal clear out of the water, and a Friday night scrap with my sister Patti didn't hurt either!!! Here are 3 more pages......TFL
Daddy's girl!! by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Big brother by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Circle of love by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY

Last edited by taca410; 01-22-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #584  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410View Post
Very nice pages! Such a little darling too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #585  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2CuteCatsView Post
Very nice pages! Such a little darling too!
Thanks!
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #586  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
I have it Jenn and I have really enjoyed it! Magic is different from the other books in that it shows you the sketch and layout and then it takes it "up a notch" suggesting other techniques you could do with the same page. It's really about interactive pages and has directions on how to add those ideas into your page. I have tried some of them. I'll look thru my gallery and see if I can find some of those samples?

Funny story...I went to a crop at a hotel over NYE. I left the Magic Book on top of stand and when I called the Housekeeping Group the next day to see if I could get it back, the lady who found it loved it. LOL! so instead of having her send me the book, she sent me a check and kept it and I ordered another.
Cool Lela. Thanks for sharing. I will have to order it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #587  
Forum Fanatic

here's another one
Sisters small medium large by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #589  
Matboard Maniac

Keep up the good work girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #590  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
You did a great job on your VSN projects -- you're on a roll!!!
Thank you for your comments!

Did anyone else notice that we have at least three Sharons in this thread?
How many of you are participating in VSBN? I plan to!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #591  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Sharon
You did an awesome job with all 6 of those projects. I only ended up doing 4 of them (I would not have any use for the luminary) but I might still try to do one more tonight. I needed to make some cards to send so all the ones I made will be in the mail tomorrow! I am SO not a creative card maker (I'd rather copy)

Looking forward to Friday for VSBN.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #592  
Pearl-ExPert

well ladies, I did not scrap this weekend, but I think I've uncovered a little trick here... Today, I wasn't feeling good so I went back to bed after my dh came home from church. I fell asleep for 2 hrs. I had made a list of to do's for him and ds1, so when I woke up ds1 had cleaned and reorganized his room, taken out the recycling, and helped with laundry. Dh had washed 2-3 loads of laundry, folded and put them away, and ran to the store (during the Packer/Bear game even.)... I think I need to say I'm sick and take my scrappy stuff into my room one day a month or so

I do have a page partially assembled that I think I will try to tackle now. I need it for school and it's really just a matter of doing the adhesive.

Jan 0/8
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #593  
Glitter Guru

Terry, the mini VSBN is Saturday.

I got another page done and I am really proud of this one because it is a digital page done in Photoshop with limited digi stuff available and no Wi-Fi available. I haven't done digi in a while and not in Photoshop. Since I didn't have Wi-Fi where I was at I had to use what was already on my laptop which wasn't much. Oh, did I mention I was sitting my car when I did this? Yep, I did it while waiting on Emily during her dance audition.

Splash
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #594  
Gallery Gazer

I think I have VSN A.D.D...really! I wanted to do some VSN challenges, I really did...but somehow I only got one done before I started drifting back to scrapbook pages. Oh well, the intention was good and as a result I did get two more pages done...

Braces Off, left

Braces Off, right

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-24-2011 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #595  
Die Cut Diva

Received 142 Likes on 93 Posts

I've taken an at home "real" job and its occupying a lot more time than I expected. How rude of it to take over my "time" goal for the year! Darn that money...

I loaded these two pages in the last few days....and the second one I loaded yesterday and went to link here just as I remembered the no-upload-sunday thing...whoops! Sharon asked if we upload everything...sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I loaded this first page only to have a place for it posted for Cheryl's layout-a-week challenge!

Birthday CakeBirthday Family
These pages are a few years old now, and are pages #2 and #5 from a single birthday party....I don't think I will make that many pages again, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #596  

Default Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies -- the new Inspiration Challenge has just been posted:

Kirkland's Inspired (SIC91)

;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #597  
Glitter Guru

Here is a page that I made using the latest sketch, or at least one of the sketches.

Lawn Tag

I am off the catch up on the thread and spread a little love. So many pages it gets hard to keep up. Plus I will be gone for the next few days and will not be taking my computer with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #598  
Stazon Splitcoast

great pages everyone!

Wendy...that's a fabulous challenge and your sample pages are incredible.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #599  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Thank you for your comments!

Did anyone else notice that we have at least three Sharons in this thread?
How many of you are participating in VSBN? I plan to!

Sharon
I wonder if all of us Sharons' are about the same age??? That is not as popular of a name any more.....but then most names don't stay popular for very long.

SharonD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #600  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Okay ladies, I have a question. I am very new and I mean very new at scrapbooking. I have only made 2 1/2 pages so far. For my letters, I cut them out with my Cricut Expression. When gluing your letters to the page, how do you get them in a nice straight row?
Reply With Quote Likes