Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #161  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furph's wifeView Post
I grew up in Philly! Well in Jersey, but close to Philly! I will be here 12 yrs in July.
Small world. I grew up in Philly but moved to Pennsauken, NJ when I was 13. I've been in FL for 12 years; moved around with DH in Air Force for 9 years (2 back in NJ). When someone asks where I'm from it's a hard question to answer, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #162  
Die Cut Diva

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

Stopping in to link two pages Iv'e gotten done, the page that meant to qualify for VSBN and missed, lol, and then VSBN 6! TFL!

Webelos
Interviewing Grandpa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #163  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Do you fly or drive down? It's still a bit of a drive from Atlanta. I live 40 minutes from Disney (& about the same to the beach). It'll be starting to get crazy for Spring Break starting next week! Starts next Friday for college students. We have Spring Break starting March 22 but I'm taking my girls to your neck of the woods for a few days, Savannah. I've never been but got a good hotel deal and heard great things about it. Though that's probably still a few hours drive for you.
driving next week, and in march, we have flown once, just depends on how the loads look, takes us 6.5-7 hours so not too bad ...

Savannah is 4 hours away, hubby has been there a couple of times, and loved enjoying a meal at Paula Deen's place, I can't wait to sneak over there, but these kids get in the way sometimes
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #164  
Gallery Gazer

After 80 temps last weekend we're dropping down to the low 30's tonight...brrr! I'm gettting caught up with my house and today I get to tackle my scrap room and I hope to work on the VSBN challenges tomorrow. I know they don't count for VSBN but they'll be fun to do nonetheless. This morning it's LAX practice, birthday gift buying, then strawberry picking for some photo ops ;-). Hope you're all having a fun Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #165  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616View Post
driving next week, and in march, we have flown once, just depends on how the loads look, takes us 6.5-7 hours so not too bad ...

Savannah is 4 hours away, hubby has been there a couple of times, and loved enjoying a meal at Paula Deen's place, I can't wait to sneak over there, but these kids get in the way sometimes
Lol! Hey you're getting more fun traveling in that I did with kiddo's that age! To funny, Savannah is about 4 hours from me too. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #166  
Hardware Hotshot

Hola. Crunch time! I have 8 lo's done for VSBN so far. I hope to finish and upload tonight.

Last week I went out to buy a new camera and a new phone, ended up buying a new car lol. I got lucky on finding my cute little Fiat for an awesome price. Hope today I get lucky when I finally buy the camera.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #167  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcanView Post
Hola. Crunch time! I have 8 lo's done for VSBN so far. I hope to finish and upload tonight.

Last week I went out to buy a new camera and a new phone, ended up buying a new car lol. I got lucky on finding my cute little Fiat for an awesome price. Hope today I get lucky when I finally buy the camera.
Sounds like something we'd do...LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #168  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Heart Hey!

Happy Saturday!

HOpe all of you are enjoying some SCRAP time! I've finished my VSBN Pages (2) and a few more to make my total for February 30 already ... yay! It's snow like crazy here today so it's perfect time for scrappin'.... all good! I'll be back to upload my pages later tonight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #169  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

MSM's Welcome to Halloween Bash 2006 by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

One page!

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #170  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Layout DONE!

MSM's Welcome to Halloween Bash 2006 by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Feels good for many reasons...using stash and kits...and photos already printed up! yay. I already cleared off space for scrapbooks...so i can get more books for my pages! yippee skippee!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 02-17-2013 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #171  
Hardware Hotshot

Uhm are we not allowed to upload VSBN pages today. I was thinking because VSBN deadline we are able to upload with out being a Fan club member??? I just tried and upload didn't work.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #172  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Getting a few more pages posted for the month.

History trip
Family Christmas
After Scoccer
Offense-Defense
Apperciation Fun Day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #173  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Uhm are we not allowed to upload VSBN pages today. I was thinking because VSBN deadline we are able to upload with out being a Fan club member??? I just tried and upload didn't work.
I alway wondered why SCS host challenges on Sunday then don't want you to upload today?? I have been a fan club member for sometime so I don't have any problems, but it strikes me as odd to say one thing and promote something else??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #174  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Small world. I grew up in Philly but moved to Pennsauken, NJ when I was 13. I've been in FL for 12 years; moved around with DH in Air Force for 9 years (2 back in NJ). When someone asks where I'm from it's a hard question to answer, lol!
NO WAY!! I grew up in Pennsauken! In a small area called Delair. I went to Pennsauken Junior High school, but in HS my parents sent me to Christian school which I hated so I finished the year @ PHS then we moved out to Marlton. I held myself back and went to vocational school in Medford! My husband is from Maple Shade. When we were married we lived in several apartments in the area a year in Philly then we bought a house in Barrington. 2 yrs later we moved here! It is such a small world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #175  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Well you have more moves there, but I just tell people I am from NJ outside of Philly. DH says he's from Philly cause it is just easier, I just say Cherry Hill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:56 AM   #176  
Hardware Hotshot

is it me lol! I am back trying to upload and ???? I hit upload/submit and nuthin... no second page just back to a empty upload start... frustrating.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #177  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951View Post
Layout DONE!

Feels good for many reasons...using stash and kits...and photos already printed up! yay. I already cleared off space for scrapbooks...so i can get more books for my pages! yippee skippee!
I tried to look at your LOs but it says I don't have permission. I'm logged in & am a fan club member? Is your Holloween LO that scary...hehehe!! :p

Always good to use your stash. I'm finding that's one of the best things about these challenges. :smile:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 AM   #178  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

is it me lol! I am back trying to upload and ???? I hit upload/submit and nuthin... no second page just back to a empty upload start... frustrating.
I've done that before but it's been self-inflicted. When I upload I usually have a couple of tabs open so I can copy & paste. Then I've accidently closed my tab I'm uploading. Of course I have no one to blame but m :(yself so this would be more frustrating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 AM   #179  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I believe this was the first time they didn't have uploads on Sunday for VSBN; I thought I read that somewhere from Lela.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #180  
Gallery Gazer

No scrapping last week, I am making a dent in my scraproom...I sold some furniture and now have to find homes for all the stuff I threw on the floor from them ;-). I went to Ikea yesterday and have an idea or two of what I'd like to get so hopefully that will be done this week. I have a scrappy get together on Friday so my room needs to at least be a lot neater! We don't scrap there but they are allowed to go and use whatever they need.

The kiddo's are off from school and the morning is not starting off on the right foot so wish me luck on a better day! :-/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #181  

I hope your day gets better! We are off work and school today too - it is Family Day. If I get out of bed I could be scrapbooking, lol.

I went crazy at Ikea in December. I am pretty happy with my choices - I got some Besta cabinets (to match the ones we got for our entertainment centre which is in the same room) an Alix drawer unit and a turquoise rolling coffee table that fits my wide format printer perfectly (can't remember the name) and will hopefully fit my eclips too if it ever ships!!! I also got two Iris paper carts (from Michaels) for my 12x12 and patterned papers. I should take a picture, but I need to tidy first!

Quote:

No scrapping last week, I am making a dent in my scraproom...I sold some furniture and now have to find homes for all the stuff I threw on the floor from them ;-). I went to Ikea yesterday and have an idea or two of what I'd like to get so hopefully that will be done this week. I have a scrappy get together on Friday so my room needs to at least be a lot neater! We don't scrap there but they are allowed to go and use whatever they need.

The kiddo's are off from school and the morning is not starting off on the right foot so wish me luck on a better day! :-/

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #182  
Hardware Hotshot

Default finally

here is my firsty five for VSBN

vsbn12 Ur So Beautiful.
vsbn05 One Special Son
vsbn11 New Driver
vsbn06 postal
vsbn03 Girls Just Wanna...

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #183  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3FriesView Post
I hope your day gets better! We are off work and school today too - it is Family Day. If I get out of bed I could be scrapbooking, lol.

I went crazy at Ikea in December. I am pretty happy with my choices - I got some Besta cabinets (to match the ones we got for our entertainment centre which is in the same room) an Alix drawer unit and a turquoise rolling coffee table that fits my wide format printer perfectly (can't remember the name) and will hopefully fit my eclips too if it ever ships!!! I also got two Iris paper carts (from Michaels) for my 12x12 and patterned papers. I should take a picture, but I need to tidy first!
I think I should have stayed in bed! The girls are off (14 & 17) and it's nothing but Teen Turmoil today! Not a great day to be a teenager in my house! The morning started off with the dog having accidents in the house and DH was none to pleased (even though that's not normal)...I need whatever witchy guru is going on in my house to leave. I am looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow :-)

I'm hibernating in my room trying to figure out what to do with it so I can run to Ikea for the piece(s) I want. Very cool, The Container Store is openin up nearby in April...so can't wait to see what they have to offer too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #184  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay found out my upload problem file was wrong size. It's been a while. lol.
Oh, Mary Pat have fun decorating your room.
I'm moving soon and can't wait to do the same.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #185  

I made you a page Mary Pat! ;) This is my space!!

LoveVSBN12 Imagination at Work by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Quote:

I think I should have stayed in bed! The girls are off (14 & 17) and it's nothing but Teen Turmoil today! Not a great day to be a teenager in my house! The morning started off with the dog having accidents in the house and DH was none to pleased (even though that's not normal)...I need whatever witchy guru is going on in my house to leave. I am looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow :-)

I'm hibernating in my room trying to figure out what to do with it so I can run to Ikea for the piece(s) I want. Very cool, The Container Store is openin up nearby in April...so can't wait to see what they have to offer too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #186  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Another page. This one with Sally's new sketch!

MSM's Pirates of the Riney*town by mollymoo951 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #187  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Heart Candy Hearts Awards

We had lots of FUN VSBN Challenges! Check out the
Candy Hearts Awards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #188  

I love long weekends. I was able to finish all of the VSBN challenges. And I got three pages done for the March Creative Crew projects that will go live on March 1st. I also played some other challenges as well. So much fun - and a great weekend! 10 pages done, 7 new posted and a few old ones that I found. Here's a few of them:

St. Louis SBSC312 by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Halloween Elsie 2012 by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
LoveVSBN11 Tetris by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
What It Takes by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This double spread is the beginning of the basketball pages, that I thought my fans here would like to see ;) I originally made this page about 3 or 4 years ago.
Too Cute Wheelchair Basketball by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #189  
Die Cut Diva

Smile

Quote:

NO WAY!! I grew up in Pennsauken! In a small area called Delair. I went to Pennsauken Junior High school, but in HS my parents sent me to Christian school which I hated so I finished the year @ PHS then we moved out to Marlton. I held myself back and went to vocational school in Medford! My husband is from Maple Shade. When we were married we lived in several apartments in the area a year in Philly then we bought a house in Barrington. 2 yrs later we moved here! It is such a small world!
Too funny that you mentioned Marlton. DH & I and DS#1 were born in NJ. I lived in Totowa and DH lived in Clifton. After we married we moved to Paterson for about a year then to Barnegat for about 5 1/2 years before moving to Texas. Everytime we go "home" we fly into Philly and stop at the Marlton Diner - it TRADITION!
PS: there are no REAL diners in Texas, so for us, it's a treat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #190  
Die Cut Diva

Red face First page for this month - whaaa-t!?!

I have been WAY off the mark this month. However yesterday I was on the Stampin Up! challenge page on FB and found out that you can import clip art from other sources into MDS2! Whoa, what?
So after several failed attempts, I went to my "go to" source for all things complicated, inspirational, how to etc... YouTube.
Wouldn't you know there's a video for that?
Huh.
Anyway, I was able to follow the directions - yes I did - and
THIS is what I came up with. My only problem is that the clip art isn't transparent so I souldn't do any shading, but I think it came out cute nonetheless.
Let me know what you think. ;)

Last edited by Sandi*S; 02-19-2013 at 05:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #191  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*SView Post
Too funny that you mentioned Marlton. DH & I and DS#1 were born in NJ. I lived in Totowa and DH lived in Clifton. After we married we moved to Paterson for about a year then to Barnegat for about 5 1/2 years before moving to Texas. Everytime we go "home" we fly into Philly and stop at the Marlton Diner - it TRADITION!
PS: there are no REAL diners in Texas, so for us, it's a treat.
Where is the Marlton Diner? Do you mean Olga's diner that was on the 70 & 73 circle that apparently isn't there anymore? I haven't been back "home" since 2008. I miss it to much and going for a visit is too hard for me. Dh asked me to marry him @ the Barnegat Lighthouse! Love LBI!! I miss the shore so so much! How long have you been in Texas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #192  
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

So now I have to get my butt in gear and start making some pages. I have to work 3-10:30 today so it's just about shot. I'm going to go to the scrapbook stork to get some DP for a layout for my "Titanic" pages that I'm going to work on tomorrow. It's going to be a cold and rainy day- so fire in the fireplace (may be our last of the season) and scrapping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #193  

Have fun! I had a great time this weekend scrapbooking and I'm sad it's back to work today. I'm glad you figured out how to import other images with your MDS2. I'm still learning new things with the software. It's a lot of fun for me

Quote:

So now I have to get my butt in gear and start making some pages. I have to work 3-10:30 today so it's just about shot. I'm going to go to the scrapbook stork to get some DP for a layout for my "Titanic" pages that I'm going to work on tomorrow. It's going to be a cold and rainy day- so fire in the fireplace (may be our last of the season) and scrapping!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #194  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Where is the Marlton Diner? Do you mean Olga's diner that was on the 70 & 73 circle that apparently isn't there anymore? I haven't been back "home" since 2008. I miss it to much and going for a visit is too hard for me. Dh asked me to marry him @ the Barnegat Lighthouse! Love LBI!! I miss the shore so so much! How long have you been in Texas?

The Marton diner is actually in Marlton. I can't remember the road it's on.
We were suppose to rent a house on LBI this summer for vacation, but then Sandy hit so everyone who lives in the area says not to go. DS#3 has only been to NJ in the "off" season, like Thanksgiving, when everything is closed. He really wants to go in the summer, he loves the beach and ocean. It's weird, DS#1 was born in NJ when we lived in Barnegat, he & I went to LBI to the beach practically every day from 9am to noon (then the "bennies" would start to crowd the beach so we'd go home). He could care less and DS#3 who has only been to the beach in Galveston (if you want to call that a "real" beach, the sand is gray and it's the gulf so no real waves) and Florida (Vero Beach where my MIL has a winter home)and he loves it! DS#2 well, when he was little he hated the sand and would only sit on the blanket. Can't beleive these are my kids.:rolleyes:
We have been in Texas for 25 and 1/2 years now. It is home but I really do miss the beach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #195  
Die Cut Diva

Cool

Well, I have to say publicly that I LOATHE my LSS.
I went in JUST to get paper for my Titanic layouts for tomorrow and bought TONS of stuff.
Like adhesive (Score tape � it was the last one and they are ALWAYS out of stock on this); a couple of Beach design single cling stamps and paper; soccer paper, stamps, stickers & ephemera; a Cards magazine; ribbon (for my Titanic layout); some stick pins (to re-do some of my �Hat Pin Swap� pins, I didn�t know about these, wish I did sooner); some �bakers twine� in green & white (in case I need it for my St. Patrick�s Day cards � well, you never know); an Inky Antics window stamp (I have, somewhere, some of the "half" people that I can use this with). I�m so sure there is more but I have to get ready for work.
Wish I didn't, now I want to play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #196  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default Progressive Challenge Task 3 Challenge Thread has been posted!

Task 3 thread for the Feb. Cupid & Friends' progressive challenge has been posted:

CUPID & FRIENDS' PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE 9-TASK 3 by wendella247 at Splitcoaststampers

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #197  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Well, I have to say publicly that I LOATHE my LSS.
I went in JUST to get paper for my Titanic layouts for tomorrow and bought TONS of stuff.
Like adhesive (Score tape � it was the last one and they are ALWAYS out of stock on this); a couple of Beach design single cling stamps and paper; soccer paper, stamps, stickers & ephemera; a Cards magazine; ribbon (for my Titanic layout); some stick pins (to re-do some of my �Hat Pin Swap� pins, I didn�t know about these, wish I did sooner); some �bakers twine� in green & white (in case I need it for my St. Patrick�s Day cards � well, you never know); an Inky Antics window stamp (I have, somewhere, some of the "half" people that I can use this with). I�m so sure there is more but I have to get ready for work.
Wish I didn't, now I want to play!
That darn store! No wonder you lothe it, how dare they let you buy all those fun items when you couldn't stay home to play ;-). Have fun when you get the time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #198  
Gallery Gazer

I'm suppose to have a scrappy get together on Friday but people are backing out one at a time :-(. Either way I'm scrapping on Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #199  

You'll have lots of fun without them - they're loss ;). I spent most of yesTerday scrapping and am sad to be back to work this week. You would think I had a month off and not just a long weekend, lol. I'm one page away from being caught up on my yearly goal though - that makes me happy!

Quote:

I'm suppose to have a scrappy get together on Friday but apeople are backing out one at a time :-(. Either way I'm scrapping on Friday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #200  

This is why I scrapbook. What if nobody remembers all of these great stories someday when I'm not around??? ;)

SBSC59 by arhawg - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes