Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking FEBRUARY 2008 Scrappin' Challenge

OK Scrappin' Friends! It's time for us to move on to FEBRUARY!! WOOHOO!! Let's start setting our February Scrappin' Goals.

If you weren't able to join us in January, PLEASE come and play in FEBRUARY! We had a SCRAPPIN' Good Time!!

Scrappin' Challenge 2008

It was SO fun to see everyone's goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2008! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done, use more in our stash before buying new (well at least keep track) and save $$ at the same time which becomes scrapping budget $ for next year -- or vacation money or Holiday fund!

The RULES for the CHALLENGE are HERE

I will post our UPDATES & BONUS CHALLENGES Here...SCRAP ON SISTA'S!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am so ready for February!!

I am so ready for a new month and a chance to start again with my scrappin' goal and budget. So here goes:
Scrapbook page goal for February: 10
Each page is worth $2 and that money is for savings not for spending!!;)
Hope it's a better month for me and anyone else who struggled in January.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Default February Goals

I have this "thing" about the words: GOALS AND OBJECTIVES--I'm a former Special Ed teacher so any way here are my thoughts:

Goals
The purpose toward which an endeavor is directed

Objectives
Based on observable phenomena; presented factually

My goal is to learn about scrapbooking such as measurements, (how do I get things to look like on the paper as what they look like in my head) color and embellishments.

Observable phenomena is another story. I believe all goals should be at least obtainable. Considering that there are only 28 days and I have 2 doctors appointments and my mom is having surgery.......plus my other obligations

My goal is to complete: 6 pages-my budget is undefined at this time due to SAB and my commitment as an SU demo. This is my first SAB so I am unsure what will actually happen.

Observable phenomena: to be uploaded when such phenomena occurs.

Good luck to everyone!:-D
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

What is SAB?

I think I like this challenge!!! I participated in a bunch of embellishment swaps in January...they are FUN!!! Bought some stuff on line and cleaned up my craft room. I also stepped back for a few months from a popular club that sends a monthly scrapbook/stamping kit as I was finding my supply of paper and crafting items far exceeded my creative energy....so, my "goal" is to use up some of what I have and get at least 14 pages done for February.

Last edited by ourshortgrandma; 01-25-2008 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ourshortgrandmaView Post
What is SAB?

I think I like this challenge!!! I participated in a bunch of embellishment swaps in January...they are FUN!!! Bought some stuff on line and cleaned up my craft room. I also stepped back for a few months from a popular club that sends a monthly scrapbook/stamping kit as I was finding my supply of paper and crafting items far exceeded my creative energy....so, my "goal" is to use up some of what I have and get at least 14 pages done for February.

SAB is Sale a Bration from Stampin Up. We had such a good time in January. You will have fun using up your stash.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

My goal for February is going to be 10 pages and 40.00. I haven't spent anything yet and I am loving the fact that I'm using what I have!

Jan 0/10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

my budget is undefined at this time due to SAB and my commitment as an SU demo. This is my first SAB so I am unsure what will actually happen.
I have the same issue which is why I don't do the budget thing. I am a hobbyist and I am my only customer, literally! You will love getting the freebies from SAB. I do however, reward myself with a small savings for the pages I complete using up my stash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Ok, so I totally blew my budget for Jan. All the talk about copics got me and I caved!!! I'm not sure if Feb will be better because I'm thinking about becoming an SU Demo. I did at least do my 'required' number of sb pages and then some. I'm going to a crop tomorrow too so I know I'll get a good bit done.

As for Feb, I'm going to set my goal at 15 pages and $200. I know that seems high, but I'm allowing myself to possibly join SU. If I don't, then I know I'll have to lower it. I've spent too much this month!!! YIKES!
Marji
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a lot of fun with my January scrappin, thanks to this fun challenge. I blew away my goal of 25 pages (did 35). I also totally blew my budget, but I did save the same amount I spent so it's not all bad.

My February goal is to do 25 pages. My budget will be huge since I've decided to sign up as a (hobby) SU demo, so there's $200 right there. I'll try not to spend more than that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I am so excited to play with ya'll this month! I posted a few times in January and saw some great pages for inspirations too Since this is my first month to do something like this I am going to start small at 6 pages. My money budget is $100 b/c of SU's SAB month. There are also some other things that I had planned on buying too.

I can't wait to get started. First I must finish DS's b-day invites though :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #11  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by ourshortgrandmaView Post
What is SAB?

Welcome to our SCRAPPIN' Challenge for February!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I'm ready to start a new month. My goals for Feb will be 20 pages and since there's the whole SAB promo, I'm going to need to have a buget of $50.00..hehehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #13  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Lots of SAB Budgeting! That's good, we're planning! Good for Savings Account at the End of the month match AND...we gotta make sure we don't HOARD all the goodies we get. Misti has me SO wanting Berry Bliss DSP!

My GOALS for Feb are 25 Pages again. I can tell my Feb Calendar, I won't get as many pages done next month as I did this month I don't think. Budget $100. I've been getting such good mojo to get pages done, I'm working on some "old" picts and need 2 more Albums...woohoo for me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Yea!!! A new month. I think for this month my goal will be to get 10 pages done and a $30.00 budget. I went over this month (although it didn't REALLY count since it was money that was stashed away in my paypal account...;)) but I saved as much as I spent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm ready for my February goal!!! I'm going for 29 pages (who can resist a leap year?) and no money!!!! That's right ladies no money at the beginning of SAB - just waiting for March 1st with all 3 catty's!
Carla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just a question of clarification, not that I care too much because I don't do single pages anyway (except for the first and last pages of an album), but do 2-page layouts count as 1 or as 2 since technically they are double the supplies used and longer effort?

Also, I often do mini pages with my layouts and put them in the same album as the 12x12 but most of the time they are 6x12 and decorated on both sides, would that count as 1 or 2? Oh and true fit folios are technically SIX 12x12 pages together, so would that be 6 or just 1 since they would all be of the same picture subject...I know I am not making much sense, but I will complete one of these at a crop tomorrow and so will post what I mean.

My goals for Feb

1. Get published, card or scrapbook page.....reward...double the money saved!
2. Make 30 pgs (if 2-page layouts are worth 2 then make it 60)
3. Budget $170.00 (I am a ctmh demo and there is a sale....) Plus Reflections comes out this month, so that's $30 alone LOL!

Sorry in advance for being so complicated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 05:35 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCJORDIView Post
Just a question of clarification, not that I care too much because I don't do single pages anyway (except for the first and last pages of an album), but do 2-page layouts count as 1 or as 2 since technically they are double the supplies used and longer effort?

Also, I often do mini pages with my layouts and put them in the same album as the 12x12 but most of the time they are 6x12 and decorated on both sides, would that count as 1 or 2? Oh and true fit folios are technically SIX 12x12 pages together, so would that be 6 or just 1 since they would all be of the same picture subject...I know I am not making much sense, but I will complete one of these at a crop tomorrow and so will post what I mean.

My goals for Feb

3. Budget $170.00 (I am a ctmh demo and there is a sale....) Plus Reflections comes out this month, so that's $30 alone LOL!

I do 12x12 and a 2-page spread counts as two pages completed. I think that is how it works...someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 06:50 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Ready for February!! I will double my goal and make it 20 pages this time, since last month went by so fast and I got so much more done than I thought possible. As far as spending, I will stay at $0- I want to use up my stash, and I'm not placing my SAB order until March when all 3 catties are good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:09 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappindixieView Post
Ok, so I totally blew my budget for Jan. All the talk about copics got me and I caved!!! I'm not sure if Feb will be better because I'm thinking about becoming an SU Demo. I did at least do my 'required' number of sb pages and then some. I'm going to a crop tomorrow too so I know I'll get a good bit done.

As for Feb, I'm going to set my goal at 15 pages and $200. I know that seems high, but I'm allowing myself to possibly join SU. If I don't, then I know I'll have to lower it. I've spent too much this month!!! YIKES!
Marji
So, I have to know: are the copics worth it? I stalked some threads about those awhile back and decided they were not for me. Are they so much better than anything else for the price? They are not available at my LSS so I can't even buy just one to see what they're like. Oh, and good luck on your decision about becoming a demo. Just know that depending on your level of control you may spend, spend, spend. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:15 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm working on some "old" picts and need 2 more Albums...woohoo for me!!
Oh I so need to work on some old pictures. I even had some that are not so old that I need to do something with from when i first started scrapping and it was cool to cut your pictures out in those awful shapes. Ugh! I hate that I did that. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:18 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmetelkoView Post
I'm ready for my February goal!!! I'm going for 29 pages (who can resist a leap year?) and no money!!!! That's right ladies no money at the beginning of SAB - just waiting for March 1st with all 3 catty's!
Carla
Carla,
What are the 3 catalogs?:confused: I'm a hobby demo but, I don't keep up since I just buy for me and I don't have any real customers. Not sure how much longer I can keep up that nonsense either. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #22  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
Carla,
What are the 3 catalogs?:confused: I'm a hobby demo but, I don't keep up since I just buy for me and I don't have any real customers. Not sure how much longer I can keep up that nonsense either. :rolleyes:
I think it means SS 2008, SAB & Occasions (mini catty) that hits March 1?
3 Catties = LOTS of choices, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My goals for Feb

Definitely count those 2 page spreads as 2. I think they decided anything larger than 6x6 would count as one. For me personally, I'm counting 6x6 as well, that's if I ever do any of those, cause I need to make some gift albums. Oh and I so want the new Reflections as well. I have the older program and Cherish. I need to get Imagine as well. Wow, when can I fit all that into a budget?:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenascodragonflyView Post
I have this "thing" about the words: GOALS AND OBJECTIVES--I'm a former Special Ed teacher so any way here are my thoughts:

Goals
The purpose toward which an endeavor is directed

Objectives
Based on observable phenomena; presented factually

My goal is to learn about scrapbooking such as measurements, (how do I get things to look like on the paper as what they look like in my head) color and embellishments.

Observable phenomena is another story. I believe all goals should be at least obtainable. Considering that there are only 28 days and I have 2 doctors appointments and my mom is having surgery.......plus my other obligations

My goal is to complete: 6 pages-my budget is undefined at this time due to SAB and my commitment as an SU demo. This is my first SAB so I am unsure what will actually happen.

Observable phenomena: to be uploaded when such phenomena occurs.

Good luck to everyone!:-D
Misti- as a school-based SLP I can relate! You made me LOL! I think you are right on and wish you the most success in your Feb goals and objectives and I can't wait to see that observable phenomena!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #25  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivanurseView Post
My goal for February is going to be 10 pages and 40.00. I haven't spent anything yet and I am loving the fact that I'm using what I have!
way to go with spending no $! That was my goal for January and I too enjoyed using what I have. I need to do that again this month! I know for myself I feel better when I use what I have purchased and so the next time I do spend $ on sbooking supplies, I will not feel guilty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 AM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MhewettView Post
I had a lot of fun with my January scrappin, thanks to this fun challenge. I blew away my goal of 25 pages (did 35). I also totally blew my budget, but I did save the same amount I spent so it's not all bad.

My February goal is to do 25 pages. My budget will be huge since I've decided to sign up as a (hobby) SU demo, so there's $200 right there. I'll try not to spend more than that.
Whoo HOOO Marsha... Way to go over your goal by 10 pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #27  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968View Post
Ok, I'm ready to start a new month. My goals for Feb will be 20 pages and since there's the whole SAB promo, I'm going to need to have a buget of $50.00..hehehe
Whoo Hoooo Donna! You can do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmetelkoView Post
Carla
good plan Carla!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

My goals for Feb

Good luck with getting published Jen... That is an awesome goal!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyBethView Post
Misti- as a school-based SLP I can relate! You made me LOL! I think you are right on and wish you the most success in your Feb goals and objectives and I can't wait to see that observable phenomena!

I should post all of my pages as "OBSERVABLE PHENOMENA" # 1, #2, #3....
Maybe something about observable phenomena in my siggy line....hmmmm now you have my creative wheels turning.

Thanks, Good luck don't forget....goals must be obtainable and probable.

(I got in trouble one time for saying that to the Sped director over a student who was in 9th grade and a non reader and writer) I questioned why I was expected to continue to write unobtainable goals and improbable objectives. Gee that kid was placed on another teachers case load.:rolleyes:
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenascodragonflyView Post
I should post all of my pages as "OBSERVABLE PHENOMENA" # 1, #2, #3....
Maybe something about observable phenomena in my siggy line....hmmmm now you have my creative wheels turning.

Thanks, Good luck don't forget....goals must be obtainable and probable.

(I got in trouble one time for saying that to the Sped director over a student who was in 9th grade and a non reader and writer) I questioned why I was expected to continue to write unobtainable goals and improbable objectives. Gee that kid was placed on another teachers case load.:rolleyes:
WHoa.... don't go rocking any boats!! But the question is Did that other teacher reach her goals????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
I think it means SS 2008, SAB & Occasions (mini catty) that hits March 1?
3 Catties = LOTS of choices, LOL!
Great. Way too much stuff to choose from. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Ok, so my Feb goals are...........drumroll please................
20 pages and $0 budget
Can I do it two months in a row???? That is the question... but first, I need to knock out those last 4 pages to meet my January goals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyBethView Post
WHoa.... don't go rocking any boats!! But the question is Did that other teacher reach her goals????

Nope, they passed that poor kid up the line--she just wrote the same ole G & O's and then passed him right along to high school.

So that's one of the reasons I have that "thing" over the word Goals.:rolleyes:
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #35  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

well my goal is going to be a challenge. I would like to match the 14 I completed for January and not spend a darn dime... did anyone fall out of their chairs with laughter on that one... I went over my $ from last month so i need to tighten the belt... (besides i didn't see anything i wanted in the SAB, phew what a relief)..

goal - 14 pages / $0 to spend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessdi69View Post
well my goal is going to be a challenge. I would like to match the 14 I completed for January and not spend a darn dime... did anyone fall out of their chairs with laughter on that one... I went over my $ from last month so i need to tighten the belt... (besides i didn't see anything i wanted in the SAB, phew what a relief)..

goal - 14 pages / $0 to spend
You can do it!. I did not spend any of my $35 scrap budget and I met my quota. Feb's budget however will be adjusted. There were alot of us who just used stash and can scrap more w/o any $$$

Do it! Do it! I double dawg dare ya!:-D
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Default February Goals

I'm having way too much fun keeping track with you all! I'm not Speedy Gonzales so I'll stick to completing 8 pages (still have 2 for January's goal). I also want to complete 10 cards (still need to complete 3 for January).

I'm hostess in March for SAB, saving the big bucks for then. I have to spend my $20 for stamp group this month ($25 w/ tax & s/h) other than that I do not want to spend any more. Another goal I have is not to make my weekly jaunt to JoAnne's or Michaels for the month of February. I need to cut back and get some bills paid.

My friends and I have started a scrap group and meet every Tuesday so we'll try and share more so we can save more.

Mary Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

My goal for FEB is 20 pages (If I go over WAHOOO, If I stay under then I certainly made up for it this month lol) my spending $30 not including S&H and tax and this is only because stamp club starts on the 11th (good thing I get paid right before that.
So 20 pages and $30 to spend. Should be easy I don't really want anything from what I saw in the S-A-B online, that might change when I get the catty in my hands, but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Can I join?

My "projected" pages to complete would be 30 and I would need to know more about what qualifies for budget spending.... any craft spending? stamping? scrapbooking?

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #40  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

My goals for Feb

GOOD LUCK Getting published! You have some GREAT Pages on your blog so I'm sure you'll have some super ideas! Keep us posted

As for the page count, we decided that anything over a 6x6 was counted as = to 1 page. Double page spreads definitely count as 2 pages. We decided to count pages, not layouts. 6x12 would be same = to 1 page. True Fit Folio's would be 6 pages even if they are "connected".

We're glad you joined us!!
Reply With Quote Likes