Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2020, 04:19 AM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

I’ve been painting, Steve had me climb a ladder and climb on the little shed, it’s brick built against the back wall of the villa so it’s quite high, I had to climb up on the roof tiles to paint around the rejas, I was clinging on for dear life, then he took the ladder away, he is such a torment, then I was scared to climb down. When we built the log shed I had to climb up and put the roof tiles on, I couldn’t get down so Steve had to grab me by the legs and lift me off, I’m just glad now one saw me,LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2020, 01:24 PM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

I got these two done yesterday.

15th Birthday
Pool Trip

I also ordered 109 more pictures, just of events from his senior year! I really want to get those events done first. Then work on jr year, then soph, etc. Who knew I'd want to work backwards? haha..... He DOES have 9 binders and albums of his life so far, it's just so random and scattered and I was hoping to do something significant for this year. What weird year........
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2020, 07:28 PM   #123  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Jan, I forgot to mention about the Germans and their towels on the sun beds...the hotel stopped it but they still did it. We don’t sunbathe after living here and seeing what damage the sun does. We cover up and sat in the shade whilst my sister and her friend lathered themselves in coconut oil and with their bellies hanging over their bikinis. I told my sister there’s a time and a place to wear a bikini lol. She now has a one piece and looks so much better lol. I think they look much more elegant and bikinis should be for the young ones lol. I get myself into a lot of trouble with my sister...no wonder we didn’t get on when we were younger but funnily enough now we are very close. She says I’m the black sheep of the family....good one sis lol.

Our friends went to Marrakesh years ago and were spat on...the stories they told. I would like to go but DH says not on his list to see. Oh well.  There’s always travel books.

I can’t believe you went up the ladder and painted.  Gosh you are braver than me.  I do not like painting other than in my craft room on paper lol. I’m hopeless. Be careful on the roof and ladder. There’s two of us with injuries on this site, we don’t need reinforcements lol.

Who is scrapping this weekend..I am.  I have another page to just add embellishments and will post and then onto the next. So enjoying it.  We would be bringing out our cases today for our trip to Spain. We so go to the cities Jan but tend to spend most of our trips away in the countryside exploring villages. I wish we were going and this virus was gone.  
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-24-2020 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2020, 09:13 PM   #124  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Just checking in. I finished making my paper pieced pug (say that ten times fast!) but never got a chance to make the layout it goes on. This distance learning for my kids is kicking my butt! Since all four have learning issues of some sort, I basically have to hand hold them through most of their work or I end up going back later and helping them correct what they did wrong, which is awful because they are then tired and cranky over having to redo it. I'm currently reading four books, three so I can help the kids with their work and one for me, plus I'm learning all about how currents affect air temperature and how to do data distribution with my 6th grader this week. I swear school wasn't this hard when I was a kid. My daughter still has two math and two science assignments to finish up this weekend, but I am going to let my hubby take over so I can scrapbook a little. Hopefully I have the energy . . .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s the one I did last night and have just finished fine tuning. Happy weekend

Onto the next...have fun

Time to explore.....Las Palmas by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2020, 10:13 PM   #126  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gosh Cheryl you sound busy. Our DIL1 is home schooling but she has kept it basic and the kids are enjoying it. Her routine is...a walk or bike ride after brekkie. Maths for DGS...my DH is doing that with him and has found some fun techniques online for his year and older. He likes to be challenged. Reading and writing and art, then more exercise outside and play time. They can go back to school next week and they will for a few days to see how they go. DIL1 has had to go back to work part time and Son1 is also back at work next week. Their school provides some resources for them but I think it’s being acknowledged that the younger children will basically have to start Term 1 again. The older kids have a lot more online learning and with their teachers if they go to a private school.

I so admire you and other women who home school..it’s not easy and especially when you have children at different levels.

I hope that you find time to scrap.

Group hugs everyone
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-25-2020 at 12:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2020, 11:07 PM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

I take my hat off to anyone home schooling , it must be so difficult right now, I’m pleased we only have ourselves to worry about. Our son says it’s difficult keeping our three year old amused although they take it in turns to take him out as he never sits still.
Our son bought lots of small animals off eBay and has been taking one out some days and hiding it so GS can find it, he told me yesterday that they have escaped from the toy shop, I said where from George’s mini market, a favourite shop of his, no Nan from the big toy shop. They were having a fruit party, water melon, blueberries and strawberries, he told his dad off for not eating, he was talking to me, then when his dad took a slice of melon he took it off him and told him he couldn’t eat that as it was only for him and Mummy!
He is one bossy boy!
He’s actually got into the school they wanted , starting September, he told me his best friend Harry is going there too and Arthur!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2020, 12:49 AM   #128  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Poppets are so cute Jan and come out with such fun sayings. Their love is unconditional and so precious.

I’ve just planned my next page..it will be a double as I took a lot of photos as we walked the prom and at the beach lol. I’m done for today and time to do something else. I haven’t got back to my jigsaw or book for a couple of days and soon we will be zooming with family in the UK...4 families. We are having a quiz tonight. Our questions are onOz..fun trivia. Not sure they will get them bit we shall see.

Happy day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

I’ve laid out some papers for pages but I haven’t got any photo paper left. I’m hoping I can get some if they ease restrictions to other shops in two weeks, is that wishful thinking!

I’ve been going through cards I’ve made that I don’t like and altering them, easier said than done!!

The rain woke us up at 5am as we’d left the bathroom windows open, it’s going to be a lonooog day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2020, 04:08 PM   #130  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Oh, a lot of chatter! I will have to catch up!
Here is a layout I got done this afternoon while watching Alice Boll Scrapping Live on Zoom.

SBC20APR Surprise Visit sm by smadson - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2020, 09:58 PM   #131  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wrote a bunch of stuff and then realized I hadn’t copied the link to my page, so it all disappeared.
I needed a boost to do some scrapping, so I set myself a challenge. I didn’t look while I reached into a box of photos. I pulled out an envelope of pix my son took on a hike. I then decided to do the first challenge I came to on a Facebook group I’m in. It was a paper pieced sunburst effect. My photos went well with that idea. I used all old products. My journaling box is a Unity stamp.

Vannie Member Gallery - Page 1 - Splitcoaststampers.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #132  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Vannie, is it the flower LO you did? The link just takes me to your gallery. The flower LO is very pretty.

I stuck down more photos and am just going to check the embellishments. I quite like it as it is so may leave it. It's simpler than I usually do. Then another one. I sorted through several trips and memorabilia today. I now have folders with memorabilia for our first Japan trip, US/Canada 2015 (I think....Sharon was that when we went LOL), Canada/Alaksa 2009, Europe/Baltics...not sure when and some local trips within WA and Australia. I still have a huge box to go through on other trips...Egypt, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Europe, UK/Scotland, UK/Ireland and so on....I am desperate to scrap them so that I can leave them behind for our poppets. I was going to put the bookmarks into separate folders but now not sure. I have so many but some beautiful ones. I feel as though I have travelled the world today LOL. Emirates also came to the party on our booking that we were due to take tomorrow to Spain...whoohoo. Wonder when we will eventually get to go there. Just waiting for booking.com to assist.

Happy scrapping everyone. Time for me to finish that page and post.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2020, 01:04 AM   #133  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Another one done and now for the next.

Walking the Prom in Las Palmas by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #134  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Fun catching up with all of you here! I spent the last couple of days with my scrap bin. I started out with my collection of strips. A while back there was a technique to paste strips down and them make card backs. So, I saved them! lol With NSD approaching next weekend, and I know of a few places where lots of challenges will be offered, I made some 12 x 12 pages by arranging strips. I also cut some squares, nine per page, and had fun finding and arranging the patterns to use as a base also. My dd said I should use some dies with the other scraps, so I used rectangles and and made more base pages. I now have 10 bases to work from. Even if I don't find a challenge from the NSD events, I'm sure I will use them anyway.
It's time to send out more cards to the elderly we know who live alone so I started making cards also. Got 4 done from inspiration I spotted in a catalogue. I plan to do more cards today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #135  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I do admire you ladies that are doing homeschooling it is a difficult time for sure with families and kids. I don’t know that I would have ever been able to manage that with my own kids but then back then there were no computers to do homeschooling stuff so the kids probably would’ve just lost a whole term of schooling.
There is a lot more chatter going on here as well as scrapping now that we are all forced to stay at home, it is harder to keep up when I go missing for days at a time.
I will have to get some of my newest creations in my gallery and then log onto a hotspot to see if I can get them in the thread I still have not been able to figure out how to do it from my phone 📱.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #136  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Another page I did yesterday. Now to crop photos for today’s page.

Snappy Tourist by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2020, 02:35 AM   #137  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gosh it’s taken a long time to crop all my photos and still in Las Palmas. I have them laid out and will stick down tomorrow. It’s a collage of photos..nothing fancy.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2020, 07:57 AM   #138  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry that my link was not right to the scrap page I did. Here's a new link. Thanks that you liked the flower page! This one is called Sunbeams, because of the beams falling through the trees.

Sunbeams by Vannie - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2020, 02:35 AM   #139  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here are some pages I finished today. Happy day and scrapping

Exploring Las Palmas by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

Discovering Canarian Architecture (Front) by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

Discovering Canarian Architecture (inside) by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

Tis the season for trees by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

That's Las Palmas done...onto the next day and place.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2020, 03:32 PM   #140  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here are four pages about the preliminary hike to develope the HKusam Klimb trail in Sayward, BC, Canada

Make the HKusam Klimb trail by Vannie - at Splitcoaststampers

Up the HKusam trail by Vannie - at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Vannie; 04-28-2020 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: Removed extra spaces
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #141  
Polyshrink Goddess

That sunbeam layout was a challenge from my Facebook group Scrapbooking the Day Away.

Last edited by Vannie; 04-28-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #142  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday ladies. Thank you for commenting on my LOs. Joyce Ann, I scraplifted one of yours for the VSBN challenge. Today I’m moving towns on our trip and will see if I can incorporate more of last months VSBN challenges. Anyone else scrapping or want to scrap with me one day? I can either stay up late or get up early....I think the latter suits my hubby better but whatever suits.

Have fun
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #143  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

I got three more done yesterday but only uploaded one so far. I've updated my signature. I'm excited but still so much to get done!
Band Concert
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2020, 07:29 PM   #144  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It’s Friday and NS weekend. Sharon and I are thinking of scrapping together this weekend. I can get up early on Sunday which will be your Saturday arvo/early evening. Anyone care to join us and if so, please advise if you have FaceTime or messenger and we can hook up that way. I will let Nancy know as she was keen to join in.

I will also try and download zoom onto my iPad and if that works and suits everyone better, we can use that. 

Happy scrapping weekend ladies.
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-30-2020 at 07:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2020, 09:42 PM   #145  
Stazon Splitcoast

I’d love to Jayne but it’s do t have any photo paper so my scrapping has had to stop for the time being.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2020, 03:17 AM   #146  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. So far there’s Sharon, me and Nancy scrapping on Saturday US time and my Sunday morning. Anyone else joining in?

Lela...Cheryl...Joyce Ann...are you joining in? If so, any ideas for a theme. I was just going to do my travel album. There are lots of sites with themes.

Jan, you could always craft but it would be middle of the night for you. Next time we shall have to do it so it’s my evening again. I’m trying to mix it up a bit so I can spend Saturday with DH.

Happy day everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #147  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

I plan to scrapbook tomorrow and will probably check in with you ladies periodically, but I find being on a chat is more distracting and I get less done. My hubby is figuring out something to do with the kids for the day so they don't bug me, so I gotta take advantage. I am planning to post a Stash Buster's Challenge and maybe one other, so let me get working on those to share with everyone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #148  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking May Scrappers

Our May Scrap Challenge is HERE
Reply With Quote Likes