Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Oh, Mary Pat! So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
On a happier note, it is nice to see you back.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts

I did two pages today. I did not even look up any challenges. Does this happen to anyone else? If I get on to look at challenges, then I don't get much done, just stay on the computer. So today, I did it differently. I did two pages and did not get on here till I was ready to upload photos of them. They are not fancy, just DONE!
Here is Whitewater and Letterboxing in Niagara Falls.
TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #83  
Glitter Guru

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Well done on your pages Sharon!!

I usually browse the gallery or challenges to get me a jump start on a layout, if nothing comes to mind beforehand. Most times I will go start a page then come back here when while the ideas "percolate" in my mind. I am able to browse, comment, and still have half my mind on the page waiting on my craft table.

My problem is coming to SCS to look for a specific thing, then forget what I was looking fore as soon as I get on. Browsing happens!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #84  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Hello Scrappy Friends!

Unfortunately I have not been able to play this past month. My mother was taken suddenly ill and it turned out to be bile duct cancer (similar to pancreatic cancer) and she passed about 2 1/2 weeks later. She lived in NJ but was hospitalized in PA, I did get up there to see her and help with everything but I was gone from home for 3 weeks. Of course I come home and DD2 was making her Confirmation and DH was down with a 101.5 fever for a few days (don't recall him ever having a fever!). I'm finally back with some semi-normal sleep and ready to resume where I left off. I hope to get about 4 pages done by the end of April but we'll see. Still a lot of things to get caught up with girls & school, lacrosse, flower beds, etc. Have to pick DD2 up from school in a bit so I thought I'd hang out and catch up on the gallery in the meantime.

Hope all is good with everyone and Spring is in full bloom where you are!
Mary Pat I am so sorry to hear of your moms pasisng. I know exactly what a terrible time this is for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #85  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I did two pages today. I did not even look up any challenges. Does this happen to anyone else? If I get on to look at challenges, then I don't get much done, just stay on the computer. So today, I did it differently. I did two pages and did not get on here till I was ready to upload photos of them. They are not fancy, just DONE!
Here is Whitewater and Letterboxing in Niagara Falls.
TFL
Unless it's VSBN I don't always focus on a challenge. I tend to read them over then work on my pages...when I'm done I see if my page fits a challenge. A bit backwards but it would take me so much longer if I focused on a challenge. I think because I've read them over it's part of the perculating process so I usually get the page to fit at least one challenge :-). That being said sometimes it is a certain challenge that gets me going.

Ok, still haven't gotten to relax in the gallery but we're suppose to have a rainy weekend so I'm hoping that will cancel a few events, then I can sit back, relax, and play on my laptop where I can visit the gallery and maybe do a digi page or two. (Rain, rain come and stay...Mary Pat wants to play):grin:

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 04-19-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #86  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Wow! That's a lot of pages :-). I have a digi layout set up for DD1 (a junior) but not sure how it's all going to work out yet. DD2 will be a Freshman next year and most likely more active than DD1 but still hoping a digi format will make it easy...you're making me nervous though :-)
Don't get nervous, I procrastinated so now I don't have a choice but to crank me out. Which is not easy for me cause I am picky! Wish I could do the digital ones, but I am not there yet!

I am so sorry to have read about the loss of your mother. I will keep you in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #87  

Hugs Mary Pat :(

I hope you find time to get some pages done, making time for scrapbooking after busy and stressful times helps me relax and find myself again. I hope that you can find some peace that way too.

Quote:

Hello Scrappy Friends!

Unfortunately I have not been able to play this past month. My mother was taken suddenly ill and it turned out to be bile duct cancer (similar to pancreatic cancer) and she passed about 2 1/2 weeks later. She lived in NJ but was hospitalized in PA, I did get up there to see her and help with everything but I was gone from home for 3 weeks. Of course I come home and DD2 was making her Confirmation and DH was down with a 101.5 fever for a few days (don't recall him ever having a fever!). I'm finally back with some semi-normal sleep and ready to resume where I left off. I hope to get about 4 pages done by the end of April but we'll see. Still a lot of things to get caught up with girls & school, lacrosse, flower beds, etc. Have to pick DD2 up from school in a bit so I thought I'd hang out and catch up on the gallery in the meantime.

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Quote:

Hello Scrappy Friends!

Mary Pat, So sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts & prayers. I'm sure you have many great memories & hope you have as many photos to scrap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 AM   #89  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
Mary Pat, So sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts & prayers. I'm sure you have many great memories & hope you have as many photos to scrap!
It took me over 8 hours to go through 2 bins of photos and I ended up shipping a box so I can scan and organize to make files for my brothers and myself. This is why I'm glad I scrapbook, there are so many photos I got rid of because we didn't know anyone in them but it would have been nice to know the story. Just a reminder that we should journal in our scrapbooks so others who are curious know the story!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #90  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

It took me over 8 hours to go through 2 bins of photos and I ended up shipping a box so I can scan and organize to make files for my brothers and myself. This is why I'm glad I scrapbook, there are so many photos I got rid of because we didn't know anyone in them but it would have been nice to know the story. Just a reminder that we should journal in our scrapbooks so others who are curious know the story!
Mary Pat, I am courious as to what you did with the old photos when you got rid of them?? I had been on vacation and one of the best finds of the trip was packets of "media art" sold in a consignment shop of local artists and collectors. In those packets is old paper (not sure from what as I have not investigated them yet), with bits and pieces of things found in women's sewing kits, button and jewlery boxes, old letters and envelopes, as well as old photos. While I am not going to use the old photos as part of my "family history" I will use them as embellishments on vintage pages.

One man's trash is another man's treasure…..

Can't wait to get home to start a few vintage pages……… With journaling!! Thank you for the reminder on how important it is to get caught up, or just do journaling on all pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #91  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
Mary Pat, I am courious as to what you did with the old photos when you got rid of them??
I'm a purger so they went to the trash but maybe now that you mentioned keeping them for other purposes someone else will save; sounds like a good idea. I just had so much to do in a small amount of time so I trashed or donated to Goodwill. I still have tons of other photos so maybe I can make some digi background paper with some of the older photos...ideas a-brewing! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #92  
Glitter Guru

Here is a link to a couple of pages I posted yesterday evening. It will be the last pages I work on for a few days. I will be doing the 3rd and 4th task (4th task will be out) for my progressive page as soon as I get home.

I did not have any a's left of the alphbet stickers I wanted to use so I just used the 8 as the sound is the same and it was his eight's birthday.

Celebr8te You

Birthday Wii U
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #93  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

------------------

I've been going through and scanning old photo albums from my mom and dad and have found so many photos that I wish I knew the story to. Many of the photos had been glued into the albums and anything written on the back is not accessible. I totally agree that journaling is so important. The story may seem obvious to me now, but years from now I may not remember the circumstances OR the people and certainly, others who weren't there won't have a clue. So, I must remember to journal on my pages!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #94  

I just met my April goal (maybe I can do more before the month is over...!) and I'm 1/3 of the way to my yearly goal! What a good feeling! I'm so glad I found this challenge!!

Dirt Alert

Sweet Victory
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #95  

Quote:

Originally Posted by papertrailView Post
I just met my April goal (maybe I can do more before the month is over...!) and I'm 1/3 of the way to my yearly goal! What a good feeling! I'm so glad I found this challenge!!

Dirt Alert

Sweet Victory
Isn't it wonderful to have the extra motivation this group provides? Congrats on your great goal progress!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #96  
Hardware Hotshot

Why does it seem like as I get closer to the end the end keeps getting further away. Or somehow as the pile of pics go down it somehow grows at the same time! I really just want to get this project done with and I still have 4 events to scrap! I would love to be done with it before or by Thurs! Send me some mojo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #97  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furph's wifeView Post
Why does it seem like as I get closer to the end the end keeps getting further away. Or somehow as the pile of pics go down it somehow grows at the same time! I really just want to get this project done with and I still have 4 events to scrap! I would love to be done with it before or by Thurs! Send me some mojo!!
It's called stress! Thursday is doable & can't wait to see some pages! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #98  

Quote:

You can have my scrappin' mojo for today. I'm hoping to be getting together with Lela (lmn) later today, as she's in Phoenix on business, so I won't be doing much scrapping. Hopefully, we'll get some photos to scrap later on!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #99  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately I don't get on here often enough to chat... just to update my goals and post when I get a page done, so I am sorry I am late on the condolences. Mary Pat - I am so sorry for your loss. sending tons of hugs and love your way.

I have only now gotten my first layout of the month done. 3 months running now I have been short of my goal and I refuse to make it 4 months. Hopefully I will have time this week to get to my goal of 2 more pages. But here's my first one... Daddy & the Water Baby

Off to go leave some love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #100  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Hello Girls!!!
I have been out of the thread for some time now, in addition to the move to Brazil, my husband got surgery (nothing big), I got surgery (nothing big) and being in treatment forever and my son got some orthodontist work done in his lower jaw. So between DRS. and appointments, I had not a lot of time left to post. Hopefully I can post them on May. Although, I was able to get my pages done, and even one of the moms from kid school joining me for Scrapbook, so it's been fun. Hope you all are doing well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #101  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

It's called stress! Thursday is doable & can't wait to see some pages! :-)
Is that what it is :p I just want to get done with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #102  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
You can have my scrappin' mojo for today. I'm hoping to be getting together with Lela (lmn) later today, as she's in Phoenix on business, so I won't be doing much scrapping. Hopefully, we'll get some photos to scrap later on!
Ohh thanks! I did do a few pages. Did you get to get together with Lela? that sounds like fun! Now off to get some more pages done or at least started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #103  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
Unfortunately I don't get on here often enough to chat... just to update my goals and post when I get a page done, so I am sorry I am late on the condolences. Mary Pat - I am so sorry for your loss. sending tons of hugs and love your way.

I have only now gotten my first layout of the month done. 3 months running now I have been short of my goal and I refuse to make it 4 months. Hopefully I will have time this week to get to my goal of 2 more pages. But here's my first one... Daddy & the Water Baby

Off to go leave some love.
Your dps is so cute! I love the "arrow" triangles and the photos across the center of the page. Good luck on meeting your goal this month!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #104  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipecaroView Post
Hello Girls!!!
I have been out of the thread for some time now, in addition to the move to Brazil, my husband got surgery (nothing big), I got surgery (nothing big) and being in treatment forever and my son got some orthodontist work done in his lower jaw. So between DRS. and appointments, I had not a lot of time left to post. Hopefully I can post them on May. Although, I was able to get my pages done, and even one of the moms from kid school joining me for Scrapbook, so it's been fun. Hope you all are doing well!
Life can get in the way sometimes (lol), but it sounds like you're succeeding at getting some scrapping done, even with all the stuff you've had going on! The #1 goal here is to get pages done, even if sometimes we can't post them! Congrats on that, and hope everyone is doing well!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #105  

Quote:

Ohh thanks! I did do a few pages. Did you get to get together with Lela? that sounds like fun! Now off to get some more pages done or at least started!
Yes, yes, yes, Lela and I did get together and we had a great time! She wound up having from 3:30 pm on free yesterday, so I took her on a little drive around parts of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and Glendale. We had dinner outdoors at Westgate Mall, not far from the Cardinals Stadium (I recently posted a dps featuring the stadium). We had stopped in Old Town Scottsdale for a while and just had a relaxing, fun time! As we all know, she's a great gal and we felt like we already knew each other due to all the years in the SCS scrap threads!

Lela took more photos than I did (I was driving!), but we did manage to have our waitress take a snap of the two of us at dinner (attached.) Coming from snow in Ohio, I think Lela enjoyed eating on the restaurant patio! The evening temp. was perfect!

Can't wait to see a page or two of Lela's visit when she gets time!
Attached Thumbnails
April 2013 Scrap Pages & Chatter - sbc13apr-img_0714-lela-me.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #106  

Quote:

Isn't it wonderful to have the extra motivation this group provides? Congrats on your great goal progress!
Thanks Wendy! And thanks for the sweet comments on my layouts - from you and everyone on here. It's so nice to get feedback from others who appreciate scrapbooking! ;)

I just completed another layout...

Meeting the Mouse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #107  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
Hoping everything gets better for you and yours!!! Glad you stopped by, and hope you can scrap too this month, it will help get all the stress out!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #108  
Hardware Hotshot

just did a quick catch up on the thread.
A big ups to Kristin ! So awesome to hear you are back and no doubt filled with optimism as always So inspiring to us all. Sending blessings your way. You can do it!

MaryPat I feel for you and my condolences for your loss. I'm sure being a little overwhelmed is natural and you will get back in the groove soon. Sending blessings your way as well.

I have recently returned from an unexpected trip to my mother's home. My mother's husband(my biological father) lost his battle with cancer and was laid to rest Sat. 4.20.2013. They were married for the last 18 years. I flew to Kansas on 4.5.2013. It's been a very emotional filled couple of weeks. Lots if sadness. There is a story to tell and one day I hope to include in my family scrapbooks, but for now I am back home. I don't see me reaching my goal this month as i'm still feeling emotionally drained.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #109  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi ladies. The Variety Challenge is posted. No sample yet, but I think I'll be able to come up with one for tomorrow. Check it out and hopefully it will inspire you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #110  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcanView Post
I have recently returned from an unexpected trip to my mother's home. My mother's husband(my biological father) lost his battle with cancer and was laid to rest Sat. 4.20.2013. They were married for the last 18 years. I flew to Kansas on 4.5.2013. It's been a very emotional filled couple of weeks. Lots if sadness. There is a story to tell and one day I hope to include in my family scrapbooks, but for now I am back home. I don't see me reaching my goal this month as i'm still feeling emotionally drained.
Aw Tam, not something good to have in common this month...my sincerest condolences to you and your family. We had another family member laid to rest the same day as your biological father. I think I'll look at it as God is having a party and he's giving new energy to those that were tired...they're all playing, laughing, and dancing like crazy! A big hug to you and hope your energy returns soon. When you are ready, here's an tip...I just had an incredible massage and it did wonders for me today! Treat yourself well and you will soon start feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #111  
Glitter Guru

A page I cased using paper that I just could not pass up. Love the style and colors in of the paper as well and the designer of my CASE.

Come Walk With Me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #112  
Die Cut Diva

Received 142 Likes on 93 Posts

Its been a few days since I've checked in, but I got a little more scrapping done so I updated my signature and added this photo:
Daring Adventure

The title is a bit misleading...its the name of the stamp set I used, and summarizes the quote I used for my son who always has a big plan...right now he is honest-to-goodness doing research to figure out how to build a real, working light-saber....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #113  

Sorry to hear of your loss, Tam, and to you Mary Pat, for yet another loss. I like your way of thinking, though. Prayers for you both.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #114  

Default New Dates for VSBN-May 17-19

When I saw Lela the other day, she told me that the "powers-that-be" wanted to reschedule VSBN weekend to May 17-19 so as not to conflict with Mother's Day (the original scheduled weekend.)

VSBN 2013 Calendar by Lmn at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #115  
Glitter Guru

I am suppose to be at a three day crop this week end but don't know that I am going to make any one of those days. Came home from vacation with a sinus infection and just don't feel like going. Plus my grand daughter is spending the week end, but mostly I just don't feel like scrapping. Glad I have only one page left to do before reaching my goal for the month, and that's without the crop!!

My latest page is from the progressive digital challenge. I posted it before but it doesn't count until its done!

The Little Things

I was on the wrong thread when I posted before. I'll have to go back and see if I can delete the whole thing. I have edited posts but have never deleted them before. Maybe I am too tired tonight to be on here.........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #116  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Yes, yes, yes, Lela and I did get together and we had a great time! She wound up having from 3:30 pm on free yesterday, so I took her on a little drive around parts of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and Glendale. We had dinner outdoors at Westgate Mall, not far from the Cardinals Stadium (I recently posted a dps featuring the stadium). We had stopped in Old Town Scottsdale for a while and just had a relaxing, fun time! As we all know, she's a great gal and we felt like we already knew each other due to all the years in the SCS scrap threads!

Lela took more photos than I did (I was driving!), but we did manage to have our waitress take a snap of the two of us at dinner (attached.) Coming from snow in Ohio, I think Lela enjoyed eating on the restaurant patio! The evening temp. was perfect!

Wish we all could have been there!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #117  

Default ?

Quote:

When I saw Lela the other day, she told me that the "powers-that-be" wanted to reschedule VSBN weekend to May 17-19 so as not to conflict with Mother's Day (the original scheduled weekend.)

VSBN 2013 Calendar by Lmn at Splitcoaststampers
What exactly is VSBN??? I'm having the hardest time learning the lingo and finding the challenges on here! lol.

I did another layout: Having a Ball...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #118  

VSBN = Virtual Scrapbook Night!! Woo HOOO!!! Super Fun without leaving your desk

I did a page tonight too, and of course it is basketball because that's all I seem to do these days...go to basketball games and take photos ;) And besides, Wendy gets sad if I don't post a basketball page regularly...

SBSC319 Jr West Team C by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #119  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That sounds like a really nice time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #120  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcanView Post
just did a quick catch up on the thread.
A big ups to Kristin ! So awesome to hear you are back and no doubt filled with optimism as always So inspiring to us all. Sending blessings your way. You can do it!

MaryPat I feel for you and my condolences for your loss. I'm sure being a little overwhelmed is natural and you will get back in the groove soon. Sending blessings your way as well.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Reply With Quote Likes