Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:35 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Lela! Can't believe we are into our 3rd year of scrappin together! But the 1st lo's that I did were of Zeke's birth and he turned 2 on Jan. 2, so this MUST be our 3rd year! I exceeded by Jan. goal of 5 by doing 10. I am still not going to increase since I'm really trying to learn the ins and outs of digi. It is getting much faster, but I have lots of tutorial to complete! So...still put me down for 5 this month. Thanks Lela! You are the greatest!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Wendy, I am checking out the Picassa link that you mentioned. Seems to me that if PSE will handle the tagging, then that is the same thing I would be doing with Picassa...going back and tagging all my stuff. Would it not be the same either way, or am I missing something? Her review was great and I'd love to have it and it's free, but does PSE not have the same capabilities?

For anyone interested, the link Wendy sent me to was:

Common Sense Scrapbooking

It is a review of Picassa as a photo editing tool.
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

I can't remember now who posted about the wheat allergy in the January thread, but I have a blog for you. This lady has an obsession with her crockpot and has a kid with I think a gluten allergy. She has some great recipes, I have tried multiple. And has tips about gluten/wheat things.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

One of the big things that will change is eating out (if you do). It becomes a lot harder to regulate food when you aren't the one making it. Good luck.
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #44  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking WOW! WOW! WOW!

Did you SEE all those "GOAL" posts?!!! Can't wait to update the goal page! Can't do it tonight....errr this morning as it's 0145 on Monday but I will later today! Just made it in to Charlotte, NC....wow, there's some ice/snow here! I'm used to it at home but sure wasn't expecting this...we had a tough time getting here. :mrgreen:

Thanks to all of you for JOINING Scrappin' in February!! More fun coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #45  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

checking in... my goal for february is the same as january... but since i didn't meet january that's an additional number i need to make up!!

10 layouts (+8 not met for january)
3 cards (+3 not met for january)
1 mini-album (+1 not met for january)
1 sewn (+1 not met for january)
1 knitted (+0... i met this one at least!)

february is a HUGE busy month for me with my nana's 90th at the end of the month + my son's 6th in the middle of the month. not to mention the rest of the swaps i've signed myself up for!! we'll see if i can catch up, but if not then march i should be good!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:32 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Since I met my Jan. Goals early in the month... I decided to up my goal for Feb to 15.

Happy Scrappin' Everyone!
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #47  
Glitter Guru

I'm in again and keeping my goal at 10 pages. I didn't reach it January so I have some to make up for also. I am also going to use stash this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:52 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Can you believe it is already February 1st? Where did January go? We had a busy day here yesterday. Our daughters birthday was Jan 29, our twins are Feb 4, our DIL is Feb 11, and my Mom is Feb 21. So we had a family birthday dinner here. It was so nice to have all 4 kids, 2 DIL, 2 grandbabies, my Mom, DH and I for dinner. Those are my favorite days!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:08 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Currently I am living in Mexico City, Mexico, so there is almost no scrapbooking materials, or stores here. But when my DH was offered a temporary move from US to here I decided I will do just scrapbooking and card making stuff, and we moved my studio here, but 2 years and no scrapbook completed!!!

I am so happy I found this blog, I think this is the motivation I need to start all the projects I haven't work on for 2 years!!!

I am goig to try for 167 pages until the end of the year!!! So for February my goal is 14 scrapbook pages from the stash I already own and $25 allowance mostly for photos. And one other thing (i.e. card, box).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

I'm in for Feb! I completed only 11 out of my goal of 20 for Jan so I'm going to shoot for 29 in Feb and I'm giving myself an unlimited budget for Feb. :mrgreen: I used stash for Jan, but my dh gets a yearly bonus and this year I get to make a huge scrapbook purchase - Cricut Carts, Thickers, PSE, SU - oh I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipecaroView Post
Currently I am living in Mexico City, Mexico, so there is almost no scrapbooking materials, or stores here. But when my DH was offered a temporary move from US to here I decided I will do just scrapbooking and card making stuff, and we moved my studio here, but 2 years and no scrapbook completed!!!

I am so happy I found this blog, I think this is the motivation I need to start all the projects I haven't work on for 2 years!!!

I am goig to try for 167 pages until the end of the year!!! So for February my goal is 14 scrapbook pages from the stash I already own and $25 allowance mostly for photos. And one other thing (i.e. card, box).
Welcome! It's so good to have you join us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lela thanks for keeping this all organized and going. One of these days, I'm gonna upload some of my layouts (if I ever get a new computer). Met my Jan goal

I'm in for February with 10 pages and using only my stash. I had some fun in January just using stash and am hoping to do the same in Feb.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Welcome. We have a very supportive group here. It's nice that you want to get started on that album. And, we don't count photo developing into our monthly budget -- nor do we count adhesive -- just all the other little "goodies"
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

WELCOME to our fun little group!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkn'paperView Post
I'm in for Feb! I completed only 11 out of my goal of 20 for Jan so I'm going to shoot for 29 in Feb and I'm giving myself an unlimited budget for Feb. :mrgreen: I used stash for Jan, but my dh gets a yearly bonus and this year I get to make a huge scrapbook purchase - Cricut Carts, Thickers, PSE, SU - oh I can't wait!
Oooo that sounds like a fun shopping trip! can I come?!!!! {giggle}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just completed my sample layout for IFC64 and this just happens to be my first layout for February! Yeah me:mrgreen:

Here is my layout:

Enjoy Life

Also the challenge has been posted. We've completed a full rotation so we are back to a "Made in Minutes" challenge. You will find the link in my siggy.

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #57  
Glitter Guru

I think I am all set for February - I just received my order from Snapfish -317 pictures. Some are double and triple prints though because I do an album for each of my daughters and a family album.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
I think I am all set for February - I just received my order from Snapfish -317 pictures. Some are double and triple prints though because I do an album for each of my daughters and a family album.
I need to start ordering pics in double/triple so I can do this as well.. I keep saying I will go back and duplicate a page, but should do it right away!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #59  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
I can't remember now who posted about the wheat allergy in the January thread, but I have a blog for you. This lady has an obsession with her crockpot and has a kid with I think a gluten allergy. She has some great recipes, I have tried multiple. And has tips about gluten/wheat things.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

One of the big things that will change is eating out (if you do). It becomes a lot harder to regulate food when you aren't the one making it. Good luck.
Thank you very much - and my DD thanks you too! I don't know how we will get to go to McD's again :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Welcome! And you will LOVE all of the inspiration here. My scrapbooking has improved and evolved so much since joining these wonderful ladies (and the occasional man!)!!
Barb Cards made 2021 #369 2020: #324 2019: #286 2018: #169 2017: #276 2016: #389 2015: #415 2014: #342
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

I'm in for February, too! I only finished 8 of my goal of 10 in January BUT I used all stash!! That's HUGE for me ;D! I am going to say 20 for February since I'm going to a retreat at the end of the month. That may be pushing it since I am going with 2 great friends and we intend to chat, scrap, eat, chat, eat, scrap,.... well, you get the idea! Who knows what I'll actually accomplish but we'll have a great time trying!!
Barb Cards made 2021 #369 2020: #324 2019: #286 2018: #169 2017: #276 2016: #389 2015: #415 2014: #342
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #62  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbfarmdView Post
I'm in for February, too! I only finished 8 of my goal of 10 in January BUT I used all stash!! That's HUGE for me ;D! I am going to say 20 for February since I'm going to a retreat at the end of the month. That may be pushing it since I am going with 2 great friends and we intend to chat, scrap, eat, chat, eat, scrap,.... well, you get the idea! Who knows what I'll actually accomplish but we'll have a great time trying!!
Isn't the "fun" part the most important part?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #63  
Gallery Gazer

My goal for Feb is 6 layouts. (Plus 3 catchup from January!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #64  
Crimping Master

I'm back in for goals. Been MIA for a while. Looking forward to checking out some weekly challenges. My goal for Feb is only 2 but hoping to exceed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkn'paperView Post
Isn't the "fun" part the most important part?
Definitely!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Hola! I am in for 14.
I haven't totaled my Jan.pages yet(being lazy) but I did exceed my goal yay! I also reach my card/altered goal. I'll catch up in morn. toodles.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #67  
Mad Swapper

put me down for 6 this month. i think that was my january goal, and i met it here are my last two pages from jan

NAS build a bear by jonah's mommy at Splitcoaststampers

TFL!

June. Goal 0/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Hang in there pregnant ladies!!!! You're almost through! (and then you'll have even MORE work! lol)

Here's my first page for Feb.

Someday

Oh, and Kelli (I think it was Kelli...) those are some great thoughts on kits! My only suggestions would be that you can get kits that have lots more varied things (even just buying a single kit) from on-line sites than you can from the ones you mentioned. I know my style and I wouldn't use most of what I can buy at Joann's but there are lots of kits out there that I love.

I'm also sad to say that one kit club I TOTALLY love is kinda closing! *sniffle*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #69  
Inking Addict

I completed my goals for January!! Yay Me!! I actually went over. I complete 12 pages and joined 2 swaps. This is a first for me. So for January, I completed 18 12 x12 kit sets. (no sheets, just the fillers) So when I get these back, I'll be able to get so many great pages done quickly. I'm so excited!!
January Goal 10-------12 completed pages
February Goal 10

I'm going to maintain the same goal and then try to surpass it again.
Below I'm going attempt to link my January pages. I havent done this in2 years. Not sure if I remember how. Keeping my fingers crossed.
kick
Meeting
Friends
My Heart
My Heart

Dino
Days

Hopefully this worked!!
January Swaps: 18 Sets Completed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #70  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousey'sMomView Post
Hang in there pregnant ladies!!!! You're almost through! (and then you'll have even MORE work! lol)

Here's my first page for Feb.

Someday

Oh, and Kelli (I think it was Kelli...) those are some great thoughts on kits! My only suggestions would be that you can get kits that have lots more varied things (even just buying a single kit) from on-line sites than you can from the ones you mentioned. I know my style and I wouldn't use most of what I can buy at Joann's but there are lots of kits out there that I love.

I'm also sad to say that one kit club I TOTALLY love is kinda closing! *sniffle*
Are you talking about CMD? I'm totally BUMMED that they will only have 6 kits now. This would only happen after I *finally* get a kit sub. as a gift. grrr!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #71  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
Are you talking about CMD? I'm totally BUMMED that they will only have 6 kits now. This would only happen after I *finally* get a kit sub. as a gift. grrr!
You're telling me!!!! I actually cried when I found out! I was surprised by how upset I was. I had just resigned from my other dt because I love CMD so much and then...bam! As of the end of the month I'll be a scrapper without a home...or commitments....or free kits! *sniffle*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #72  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yes! She's talking about CMD!!! She is really bummed about it too! Especially since she just passed up two design team calls that she was really interested in. She thought that she had her hands full with CMD and real life obligations. Apparently they are still planning a lot of February activities still.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #73  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You're telling me!!!! I actually cried when I found out! I was surprised by how upset I was. I had just resigned from my other dt because I love CMD so much and then...bam! As of the end of the month I'll be a scrapper without a home...or commitments....or free kits! *sniffle*
Wow! We are posting at the same time! And answering the same question! BTW, I'm going to E'ville tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #74  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That is totally depressing :( I am going to miss my 'free' kit too. I don't know if my MIL will want to pay the higher price. Do we get more in the kit for the price or do you not know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, I take it that CMD is Color Me Daisy...am I right? Can someone fill me in on what's going on with them. Are they shutting down?:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #76  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
So, I take it that CMD is Color Me Daisy...am I right? Can someone fill me in on what's going on with them. Are they shutting down?:confused:
Well they are not actually quitting just reorganizing. They will still be having kits, but not on a monthly basis, more like 6 per year I think. But they will not have a design team, thus Gina has lost her "job"! They just realized that spending so much time on CMD was taking too much time away from their little guys (ages 1 & 3 I think).

Here's a link to the announcement:

CMD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
Well they are not actually quitting just reorganizing. They will still be having kits, but not on a monthly basis, more like 6 per year I think. But they will not have a design team, thus Gina has lost her "job"! They just realized that spending so much time on CMD was taking too much time away from their little guys (ages 1 & 3 I think).

Here's a link to the announcement:

CMD
thanks Carol. I just read the announcement. So sad for the DT girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #78  
Glitter Guru

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey I will set a goal of 10 pages again this month and to post my pages from last month.

Off to a decent start.........now just to keep it up through the year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

That is totally depressing :( I am going to miss my 'free' kit too. I don't know if my MIL will want to pay the higher price. Do we get more in the kit for the price or do you not know?
Yes, there will be more in them Liz. Michelle always packs her kits for the price and I'm sure the new ones will be no different!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wonderful start to our February gallery girls!!!
I gotta get on the ball

Gina, I 'heart' the eyelet border punch too. I've been using it on all my Valentine's day cards I'm making. I know it's gonna show up on a few of my February pages also!
Reply With Quote Likes