Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #81  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's another two page spread

christmas eve---2009 by jonah's mommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

just think of what i could accomplish if i didn't have to work...i guess i would be scrapping under a bridge.

June. Goal 0/12
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #82  
Forum Fanatic

My first page for December TFL
CHRISTmas Magic by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #83  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Happy Dancing here but need tech advice

I 'stumbled' across a CC receipt today on what my Christmas present is going to be. DH kept asking me what I would like and since I really don't need anything, I told him to try and get me Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 since he had mentioned that Staples had it as a Black Friday special for only $50. Well.....apparently he had gone and gotten it!

Now...today my boss gave everyone a bonus for Christmas so I have money I can use towards a laptop or notebook computer that I would like to get so I can do my Scrapbooking on it and get off the computer DGS uses.

Does anyone have any advice on what one to buy (not a MAC please). I currently use XP but I'm guessing from what I've read and heard that this is going to be "of the past" and I haven't heard much good on Vista. I know with PSE you need lots of memory available and with my "older" eyes I don't want a too small screen... TIA for any help! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #84  
Glitter Guru

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

I still have XP but would to go wirh windows7 if I go to a new laptop in the next year or two. Who knows what will be "the newest thing" when it is time for me to get a new one. I am not going with a vista if I can help it.

I have a Dell that Dell built for me, love it, but I have seem many others that work just as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #85  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I 'stumbled' across a CC receipt today on what my Christmas present is going to be. DH kept asking me what I would like and since I really don't need anything, I told him to try and get me Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 since he had mentioned that Staples had it as a Black Friday special for only $50. Well.....apparently he had gone and gotten it!

Now...today my boss gave everyone a bonus for Christmas so I have money I can use towards a laptop or notebook computer that I would like to get so I can do my Scrapbooking on it and get off the computer DGS uses.

Does anyone have any advice on what one to buy (not a MAC please). I currently use XP but I'm guessing from what I've read and heard that this is going to be "of the past" and I haven't heard much good on Vista. I know with PSE you need lots of memory available and with my "older" eyes I don't want a too small screen... TIA for any help! :grin:
I dont' know about what type of computer, but I do have Windows Vista and PSE 6. I really like Vista and I don't feel like I have many problems with it. Maybe what you should do is see what the biggest screen and memory you can get in your price range and read reviews online or a consumer reports on those laptops.
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #86  
Gallery Gazer

I have a HP Pavillion Entertainment PC and have been happy with it. It's a Vista and I have PSE 7.0 on it and I have never had a problems. I save everything on an external hard drive.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with :-)

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #87  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Between chores today I managed to get into my scrap room and actually do something! I finished 4 pages! Not close to my goal but I am excited as I have not scrapped since VSBN. I will upload tomorrow! Dec. 4/12 YTD 192

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #88  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
I have a HP Pavillion Entertainment PC and have been happy with it. It's a Vista and I have PSE 7.0 on it and I have never had a problems. I save everything on an external hard drive.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with :-)
My DD told me I should get a "gaming" computer as it's designed with lots of space on it and memory and I do already back up onto an external hard drive. I'll see what happens with after Christmas sales and end of the year sales. MIght get a really good deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #89  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

My DD told me I should get a "gaming" computer as it's designed with lots of space on it and memory and I do already back up onto an external hard drive. I'll see what happens with after Christmas sales and end of the year sales. MIght get a really good deal!
Good luck with getting a new computer, Terry -- sounds like you're going to have fun with your "surprise" gift you're getting from DH!! lol

I've asked for PSE9 too. I like 7 just fine, though, so if Santa doesn't get it for me, I won't pout!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #90  

Hurray for Mickey Mouse!! Here's a page I did using Sally's sketch:

It Was All Started By A Mouse.

:p:p:p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #91  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow Thursday Challenge - Great Embellishments - ThurFS1223

Great Embellishments

The Thursday Challenge goes ON. If you've ever played on Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge than you know how this works. Each Thursday we'll feature a gallery for you to check out. Select a page for inspiration from that person's gallery and create your page. Upload the results so we can check it out. You can scraplift the page or just take inspiration from something you find, either way, please make sure you link her page to yours. Also, there isn't a time limit to this so have fun!

We had a fun time last week checking out Jo's (scs: Jostamper) pretty gallery! This week I was looking for some multi-picture layout inspiration. I'm hoping something will spark my creative MOJO and I have lots of fun Fall Events to scrap. I went back a little way in the Gallery and found this great gallery if you're looking for 2 Pg Layout Inspiration! Check out the gallery of Durhamzoo. Lots of pages with neat embellishments! She mixes them so well ....

My Faves:

Tourist Trap

Tennessee the Beautiful

Florida Blooms

Durhamzoo's Gallery HERE. Remember to use keyword upload code ThurFS1223 and SBC10DEC

Last edited by Lmn; 12-29-2010 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #92  
Forum Fanatic

Here's my second page, one more to go!!!! TFL
Built from scratch by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #93  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Great Embellishments

The Thursday Challenge goes ON. If you've ever played on Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge than you know how this works. Each Thursday we'll feature a gallery for you to check out. Select a page for inspiration from that person's gallery and create your page. Upload the results so we can check it out. You can scraplift the page or just take inspiration from something you find, either way, please make sure you link her page to yours. Also, there isn't a time limit to this so have fun!

We had a fun time last week checking out Jo's (scs: Jostamper) pretty gallery! This week I was looking for some multi-picture layout inspiration. I'm hoping something will spark my creative MOJO and I have lots of fun Fall Events to scrap. I went back a little way in the Gallery and found this great gallery if you're looking for 2 Pg Layout Inspiration! Check out the gallery of Durhamzoo. Lots of pages with neat embellishments! She mixes them so well ....

My Faves:

Tourist Trap

Tennessee the Beautiful

Florida Blooms

Durhamzoo's Gallery HERE. Remember to use keyword upload code ThurFS1223 and SBC10DEC
You can really pick 'em, Lela! She has some wonderful pages in her gallery. I can't wait until I have the time to really get scrappin' again. I really want to scraplift from all of the featured scrappers from the last couple of months! Thanks for keeping this challenge up for us!

:p :p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2010, 05:05 AM   #94  

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Great Embellishments

My Faves:

Tourist Trap

Tennessee the Beautiful

Florida Blooms

Great choice. She was a wonderful gallery. Love her nice "clean" pages.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2010, 05:05 AM   #95  

Merry CHRISTmas to all of my scrappin' friends!!!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #96  

Thought I would upload my pages in-between putting things in the oven and taking things out! TFL

DSC09529_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC09531_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC09534_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC09536_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #97  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Wow!

Wow Patti! Great Multi-tasking! I was cooking/baking today but I wrapped the last of my presents in between timers ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 03:30 AM   #98  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Merry Christmas! Boy, DH certainly had today covered well. He got me an HP Notebook that has a 17.3" wide screen, 4GB memory and a 500 gig hard drive...digi scrapping will be a breeze once I figure out how to transfer everything (which I do have saved on an external hard drive so hopefully it will be easy!) This thing even has an almost full size keyboard on it. I just need to buy a mouse as I've got issues with the one it has now. He had this sitting on top of my scanner and I never even saw it until he pointed it out to me! Gotta go now to get breakfast and then I'll get to play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #99  
Kookie Creator

Default My Christmas Toy

Wanted to share a couple of cards I made with the help of my NEW CUTTLEBUG!

Ducks
Flowers

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. Truly hope you all had a wonderful day, with family and love and lots of food.

Jacqui
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #100  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking WooHoo!

Merry Christmas!

I hope all of you enjoyed your holiday. It was really quiet and relaxing here. We did have a white Christmas getting another 2 inches of snow with more coming tonight! Oh well, good day to stay in. We're just having dinner now and then I'm off to Scrap. Santa got me a new "Purple Cow" Guilliotine Paper Cutter (w/ a Rotary Attachment also) that according to the Archivers ladies is one of the best? Guess we'll see!? ;) My Santa also brought me a new Nikon camera...I can't wait to play!

Last edited by Lmn; 12-25-2010 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #101  
Glitter Guru

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We had a white Christmas which doesn't happen here in Tennessee. It was a really good one too (by our standards) - almost 5". So, I got Christmas pictures and snow pictures all in the same day. Ah, life is good! LOL! I got lots of new toys to play with including 3 new cricut cartridges, some SU paper, ribbon, buttons, punch and the pretties kit. Woo hoo! I also got an amazing coffee maker - the Cuisinart Kuerig single serve one.

Terry, did your new laptop come with Windows 7? If so, it has an easy transfer program with it. The one I got in July did and it was so easy to transfer all my files from the old one to the new one. Of course, you still have to re-install programs. I love Windows 7!

Lela, give us a review of the paper cutter and the camera.

Jacqui, love the cards. Have fun with your cuttlebug!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #102  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Woohoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We had a white Christmas which doesn't happen here in Tennessee. It was a really good one too (by our standards) - almost 5". So, I got Christmas pictures and snow pictures all in the same day. Ah, life is good! LOL! I got lots of new toys to play with including 3 new cricut cartridges, some SU paper, ribbon, buttons, punch and the pretties kit. Woo hoo! I also got an amazing coffee maker - the Cuisinart Kuerig single serve one.
Wow, Wow! 2 Wows....one for 5" of SNOW in TN and another Wow for all the FUN Scrapping stuff you got and the Cuisinart Kuerig. How nice all that will be. Now you can have a nice cup of coffee and whip out some great pages and cards with your new Goodies :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #103  
Mad Swapper

Please, Please, Please tell me that this group will be continuing next year. This just hasn't been my year. I am hoping next year will be better although I have some tremendous personal issues to get over. I need to scrap to keep me sane.

Jan 0/10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #104  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivanurseView Post
Please, Please, Please tell me that this group will be continuing next year. This just hasn't been my year. I am hoping next year will be better although I have some tremendous personal issues to get over. I need to scrap to keep me sane.
I think we'll be here...I know I will be and I sincerely hope 2011 will be better for you...will keep you in our prayers. And I love seeing your scrap pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #105  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Oh My

Quote:

Lanita, I'm SO sorry to hear you're struggling! Know that we're thinking of you, praying for peace and sending {{positive vibes}} your way. You know where to find us when you're looking for some scrapping fun...we'll be here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #106  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Update!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
Lela, give us a review of the paper cutter and the camera.
Ok, the paper cutter is already packed up and ready to be returned...it's not one I would recommend (at least the guillotine part)...the rotary cutter was a little better but wasn't worth keeping the whole unit for that. I'm sure I can find another one that's not so big and clunky.

The camera on the other hand...is well....AWESOME! I got some great night shots last night of the snow and our yard. It's snowing here now such pretty little flakes, I'm off to the park later to snap some winter photos. :o

But first....some Happy New Year Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #107  

Quote:

I know I will be here! Hope to see you and your creations! Will keep you in my prayers for a wonderful New Year.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #108  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello to all my SCS sistahs , I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday!
I am looking forward to getting back on the papercrafting horse for 2011.

I'm sure I reached the number goal I set for pages but, being introduced to so many new opportunities I found my organization skills failed me. I did lot's of scrapbook albums, cards, and altered projects this 2010. I did many as gifts, a few as paid projects. I had a lot of fun and, most of all made new friends along the way. I want to thank all of my SCS sistahs here for always being so inspirational and supportive. Big hugs!!! here's to 2011!!!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #109  
Pearl-ExPert

ok I'm headed back to my table to finish up page #4 for the day (2 double page lo's). Not sure what I'll get posted this week, but hoping to get to page #100 by midnite on 12/31... wish me luck!

just re-added my #'s per my signature line and I have less to do than I thought to get to 100... woohooo! Here's to finishing strong this week! 8 more pages to go!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery

Last edited by awjmgmom; 12-26-2010 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #110  

Hello ladies -- the last Inspiration Challenge for 2010 has just been posted!!! Hope you'll check it out and get some time to play!

SIC89

Hope everyone who celebrates had an awesome holiday! The new year is almost here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #111  

Wow, we had lots of folks check in this week. Lanita, sorry to hear things aren't the best for you right now--hope they'll get better soon. I'll be here scrappin' through 2011, as I know many other gals will as well.

Terry, glad to hear you got a new computer. Sounds great!

Jacqui, congrats on getting the Cuttlebug. I know you'll have a blast with it -- I love mine!

Lela, I seem to stick with the Fiskars paper cutters -- I have to replace mine occasionally, but I'm so comfy with them and I don't love change!! Good luck finding one you like. I'm glad you like your camera. My 8-year-old DGD got a digital camera for Christmas and I'm been advised that I'm going to be her official photography partner and we need to go out on some photo expeditions!

Michele -- you're one lucky gal -- so many new toys! I'd love to have one of those Keurig machines one of these days.

I got Photoshop Elements 9 from my son yesterday and am anxious to load it onto my computer. I also expect to get Windows 7 soon since Microsoft is going to stop supporting XP very soon. My DH is getting a new computer soon, so we'll probably buy the program with a multiple user license. But for the moment, I'm still using XP. I'm glad to hear that the Windows 7 users seem to like it OK. Like I said above, I don't like change much!

I hope 2011 brings a lot of SCS scrappers back to the Goals thread. I miss hearing from and "seeing" so many of our "regulars." Come on back y'all!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #112  

This page brings me to my December goal -- any others from here until Dec. 31 will be gravy!

"Be Yourself"

:p:p:p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #113  

Well I have 4 days to make 8 pages......I'm going to try my best to meet that goal of mine.....lol

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #114  

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Well I have 4 days to make 8 pages......I'm going to try my best to meet that goal of mine.....lol
I didn't even have 8 pages for my Dec. goal, so it was manageable! But you can do it, Patti, you've geared up and done it before!!! Go Patti, go Patti, go Patti, GO!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #115  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
Lela, I seem to stick with the Fiskars paper cutters -- I have to replace mine occasionally, but I'm so comfy with them and I don't love change!! Good luck finding one you like. I'm glad you like your camera. My 8-year-old DGD got a digital camera for Christmas and I'm been advised that I'm going to be her official photography partner and we need to go out on some photo expeditions!
Well Wendy, I took your advice and the lady at Archivers. I took back the Purple C that didn't cut and got a really nice Fiskars Rotary Trimmer. It was more difficult to find one that had the 12" pull out ruler for scrapping (not just cards) but I'm already happier with this one. I felt bad for DH because he tried hard to get me a really nice one himself but I just couldn't get it to work.

Oh I'm so jealous ... you'll be a GREAT Photo Partner and photo moments with your DGD sound wonderful! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #116  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Woohoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Go Patti Go! :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #117  
Die Cut Diva

I've been plugging away the last couple of days and I hope to reach my December goal by Friday. I'm pretty sure I can. I am a very, very slow scrapper. It seems to take forever to complete a page! And I'm getting anxious to start our Italy trip.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, I've been MIA lately & wanted to say hello & make sure to find you all to get ready for next year. I have to scarp more or I will never get semi-caught up. I scrapped a lot more the last year than this one. I will have to make up for that next year.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 AM   #119  
Mad Swapper

here are two more pages that i completed. i'm hoping to get at least two more pages completed before the new year...with a rainy day and dh out of town it could happen. let's just hope the kids cooperate

outtakes by jonah's mommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL! HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

June. Goal 0/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #120  

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
I've been plugging away the last couple of days and I hope to reach my December goal by Friday. I'm pretty sure I can. I am a very, very slow scrapper. It seems to take forever to complete a page! And I'm getting anxious to start our Italy trip.
Hey Deb--nice to hear from you here! I'm a slow scrapper too and know I'll never truly "get caught up." But that's OK, I love the journey!

Good luck with your goal!

Reply With Quote Likes