Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by youcanscraptooView Post
I bought a piece of vinyl today at Joann's. I paid 1.11 for it. Just had them cut an 8" piece.
Oh that's cool. No Joann's here though....

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

I bought a piece of vinyl today at Joann's. I paid 1.11 for it. Just had them cut an 8" piece.
Could I trouble you to tell me the item number of the cling film you bought by the yard? I can't find it on the Joann.com website, only the 6-pack of sheets previously mentioned. I tried a local fabric store here in Halifax, Nova Scotia and they looked at me like I had two heads when I asked for clear cling vinyl. They had lots of the stuff you'd use for covering a table in various weights but none of it said it was cling. I think I'm heading to Maine later in May so would like to see if I can find it when I'm down helping the American economy with my shopping :-)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #43  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
Could I trouble you to tell me the item number of the cling film you bought by the yard? I can't find it on the Joann.com website, only the 6-pack of sheets previously mentioned. I tried a local fabric store here in Halifax, Nova Scotia and they looked at me like I had two heads when I asked for clear cling vinyl. They had lots of the stuff you'd use for covering a table in various weights but none of it said it was cling. I think I'm heading to Maine later in May so would like to see if I can find it when I'm down helping the American economy with my shopping :-)

Thanks!
I actually didn't realize it wasn't cling:( I ended up wasting my TNP because it was just vinyl. Never even gave it a thought when I purchased it. But it definitely did NOT work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

I actually didn't realize it wasn't cling:( I ended up wasting my TNP because it was just vinyl.
Don't toss the TNP. You can trim the non-cling vinyl down and then glue it to cling vinyl when you get some. I am in Canada. Went to Fabricland (like Joanne's) and could not find any cling vinyl. At home I discovered see-through transparent book cover by Kittrich Corporation, which says right on it "Removable, will not harm any surface." I put it on the MISTI inside cover, then applied 2.2 sheets of Tack n Peel, and have officially stopped mounting the rest of my nekkid rubber on EZ Mount. What's more, when I put the clear liner back on the TNP, my cling mount and clear stamps stick to it, so if I don't want to bother removing the TNP and vinyl layer, I don't need to. But I can if I want to because it peels up and is repositionable. Quite happy to have shopped from my stash for a change!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbrownView Post
lovetostamp3 - where did you get your clear cling vinyl? I was hoping to find some place that just sold 1 or 5 in a package, not 25 or 50.
I apologize for being late on this response. :(

I bought it on Amazon for $9.49 for 9 x 12 6 pack. I figured it wasn't too bad when I was checking out Joann's and they showed "on line only" and I'd have to pay shipping. This was a better deal with my Prime membership!

Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 09:12 AM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Joanns vinyl

What department did you find the vinyl in at Joanns? I'm not sure what I am looking for. Did they have the Tnp too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Default sorry

ignore the post I previously made. I was posting from a different page and didn't see the rest of the posts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Info please

Since I have just found this post and have wanted a Misti, do you always need a cling vinyl sheet on the inside of the lid or are you just using it when you use the bare rubber stamps?
If you are using the clear stamps or the bigger stamps that seem to be like foam, can't think of the name right now--do they not need the cling vinyl? As you can see I don't know much about it but I have seen the MISTI on her videos and since I am a terrible stamper-either not getting a good impression or I get ink on me and everything else. The best thing I have found so far is the rock a blocks and do great with them but would love the MISTI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttlebugfanView Post
Since I have just found this post and have wanted a Misti, do you always need a cling vinyl sheet on the inside of the lid or are you just using it when you use the bare rubber stamps?
If you are using the clear stamps or the bigger stamps that seem to be like foam, can't think of the name right now--do they not need the cling vinyl
Anything that would stick to a regular acrylic block will stick to the inside lid of the MISTI. The cling vinyl is for bare rubber stamps or for those who want to add a layer of protection on the surface to prevent ink staining from permanent inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 11:19 AM   #51  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShariWView Post
I am having one of those and :( kinda of days. I'm unmounting the rubber from the cushion and I realized that I've gotten rid of SO many of my two-step stamps and stamps that I wasn't using any more which I could now use with my MISTI! BUT . . . . I had all the Posh Impressions stamp sets that were three step AND I FOUND THEM today! I'm so happy because I really loved these stamps but couldn't ever get them to stamp right. Just had to tell someone!
That's awesome!

It's funny how some tools make you look at your collection very differently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #52  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedcurtainView Post
Don't toss the TNP. You can trim the non-cling vinyl down and then glue it to cling vinyl when you get some. I am in Canada. Went to Fabricland (like Joanne's) and could not find any cling vinyl. At home I discovered see-through transparent book cover by Kittrich Corporation, which says right on it "Removable, will not harm any surface." I put it on the MISTI inside cover, then applied 2.2 sheets of Tack n Peel, and have officially stopped mounting the rest of my nekkid rubber on EZ Mount. What's more, when I put the clear liner back on the TNP, my cling mount and clear stamps stick to it, so if I don't want to bother removing the TNP and vinyl layer, I don't need to. But I can if I want to because it peels up and is repositionable. Quite happy to have shopped from my stash for a change!
I tried taking off the vinyl from the TNP. It is stuck there good. How can I trim it down?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

You may not need to trim it if it is same size as your TNP. When you get the real cling vinyl put it on your MISTI then glue the non-cling vinyl (with the TNP attached) to the cling vinyl, vinyl-to-vinyl. The cling vinyl will still peel off the MISTI when you do not want to use the TNP method.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #54  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

You may not need to trim it if it is same size as your TNP. When you get the real cling vinyl put it on your MISTI then glue the non-cling vinyl (with the TNP attached) to the cling vinyl, vinyl-to-vinyl. The cling vinyl will still peel off the MISTI when you do not want to use the TNP method.
Got it! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:29 PM   #55  
Cardstock Collector

Default Bare Rubber works great!

Just about complete with the unmounting. Tried the TNP worked great. Now what shall I do with all that extra space?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2015, 04:32 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default clear

http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-9-Inch-...bxgy_ac_text_z
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Did you trim the cling vinyl to be slightly bigger than the TNP, or did you use a full sheet of vinyl with the TNP near one corner?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #58  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a video of this whole tack n peel and Grafix set up? I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it - how to remove it, etc.
Thanks!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #59  
Inking Addict

Karen, You Tube will have a video on how to use Tack 'N Peel. Here's one that shows how to use TNP on a clear block. Using it on MISTI is quite similar only instead of putting in on a clear block, you are putting it on a piece of cling vinyl that has been placed on the inside cover of the MISTI. Tack n' Peel - purpleoniondesigns

Tack 'N Peel is a reusable cling sheet made by Tsukineko. It is approximately 4 x 6-1/2 inches. Two pieces of TNP placed side by side will be 8 x 6-1/2 inches which will fit the inside door/cover of the MISTI. Take an 8-1/2 x 6-1/2 inch sheet of cling vinyl and place it on the inside of the MISTI cover. Peel off the yellow liner from the TNP and place onto the cling vinyl to fit inside the MISTI cover. The other side of the TNP has a clear liner on it. Remove it but do not discard it. You can now place your bare rubber onto the exposed side and begin stamping. When finished stamping, remove the stamp and replace the saved clear liner to protect the surface until ready to use again. You can then remove the vinyl from the MISTI and set it aside to use when you next want to stamp with bare rubber. I suggest you place the vinyl + TNP on the paper that the vinyl was on and store in a cut-to-size file folder so it will be available to use again. You can restore tackiness and clean the TNP by wiping the surface with a wet cloth or rinsing with water and allow to air dry. TNP should be stored away from heat and direct sunlight. TNP should be stored away from heat and direct sunlight. Hope this helps you understand it better.
Marsha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2015, 12:36 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcarlsenView Post
Karen, You Tube will have a video on how to use Tack 'N Peel. Here's one that shows how to use TNP on a clear block. Using it on MISTI is quite similar only instead of putting in on a clear block, you are putting it on a piece of cling vinyl that has been placed on the inside cover of the MISTI. Tack n' Peel - purpleoniondesigns

Tack 'N Peel is a reusable cling sheet made by Tsukineko. It is approximately 4 x 6-1/2 inches. Two pieces of TNP placed side by side will be 8 x 6-1/2 inches which will fit the inside door/cover of the MISTI. Take an 8-1/2 x 6-1/2 inch sheet of cling vinyl and place it on the inside of the MISTI cover. Peel off the yellow liner from the TNP and place onto the cling vinyl to fit inside the MISTI cover. The other side of the TNP has a clear liner on it. Remove it but do not discard it. You can now place your bare rubber onto the exposed side and begin stamping. When finished stamping, remove the stamp and replace the saved clear liner to protect the surface until ready to use again. You can then remove the vinyl from the MISTI and set it aside to use when you next want to stamp with bare rubber. I suggest you place the vinyl + TNP on the paper that the vinyl was on and store in a cut-to-size file folder so it will be available to use again. You can restore tackiness and clean the TNP by wiping the surface with a wet cloth or rinsing with water and allow to air dry. TNP should be stored away from heat and direct sunlight. TNP should be stored away from heat and direct sunlight. Hope this helps you understand it better.
Marsha
Thank You .....
Like Karen, I too was having difficulty understanding the how, what and why of TNP etc
Seems some of us need more of the picture coloured in to see what the image is!!!!!
Now I just need to find somewhere this side of the pond that sells TNP and vinyl that doesn't cost a fortune!!!!!
Thanks again for all the info Marsha and everyone else on the MISTI threads here on SCS ... You sure have given me plenty to read

Fan Club Member
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #61  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Anything that would stick to a regular acrylic block will stick to the inside lid of the MISTI. The cling vinyl is for bare rubber stamps or for those who want to add a layer of protection on the surface to prevent ink staining from permanent inks.
Hi. I just got my MISTI last week and am very careful with it. Is it advisable to put a cling vinyl in the inside lid permanently? (I read someone says she removes it after bare rubber stamping). Also, what inks can stain the MISTI aside from Stazon?

Versafine? Memento? SU Archival Black?

Would appreciate your input. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

It works! Before using a full sheet of TNP, I tried a piece about 1.5 x 2.5 inches. I adhered the TNP to the vinyl and then placed the vinyl on the inside of the MISTI cover. Bare rubber stamps then will cling to the TNP which is on the vinyl. When finished, cover the TNP with the protective covering and just remove the vinyl from the MISTI. I figure it will take 2 sheets of the TNP to cover the inside of the MISTI (with some minor trimming) so will have to go buy more TNP. Just cut the vinyl to the size of the inside of the MISTI and then cover it with TNP. I am EXCITED!
This is fabulous. Tired of my wood mounts taking up so much space and didn�t want to spend so much time & money to make each one cling. So was wanting to go bare rubber but not sure how that would work. Yeah some of my old favorite wood mounts will get new life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2018, 05:00 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyndiestampsView Post
Mlcsrlsen you are a Genius! I had a small piece of TackNPeel and also a small piece of clear cling vinyl, so I made about a 4"x5" piece to go on my MISTI. It works great! I have a pile of EZMount here and was going to laboriously remount a ton of SU sets, but I'm rethinking that now. This small piece will work for about 95% of my stamps--I've already remounted most of the background stamps. Thanks so much for the idea!

Cyndie
I was just playing around with this today! I have a bunch of bare rubber stamps. What are you using to hold the clear vinyl in place on the Misti ? Not sure if I�m missing something here or not! I have plenty of TNP just need to get a piece of clear vinyl.Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I use a Bostik glue stick on all bare rubber stamps and on the SU stamps and Julie Nutting foam cling stamps when they loose their tackiness. I just us an alcohol free baby wipe and clean MISTI first, then the stamp.

When you stick the stamp to MISTI's lid and you need to re-position it, slide it into place instead of lifting it up.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #65  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australiaView Post
I use a Bostik glue stick on all bare rubber stamps and on the SU stamps and Julie Nutting foam cling stamps when they loose their tackiness. I just us an alcohol free baby wipe and clean MISTI first, then the stamp.

When you stick the stamp to MISTI's lid and you need to re-position it, slide it into place instead of lifting it up.
Ooops, I misread your question. Forget my reply.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 01:47 AM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Connie Leone- the cling vinyl just stays in place by static cling. Like window stickers? This is a great Idea, just bought some more TnP to do this for myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 01:47 PM   #67  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Connie Leone- the cling vinyl just stays in place by static cling. Like window stickers? This is a great Idea, just bought some more TnP to do this for myself.
Thanks so much! Now I just have to get the vinyl, I have quite a few sheets of the TNP. So I will just cut it to size place it and it will stick. I also have the TH platform which I love, but when using it yesterday my SU Stamps (with the sticker) it would not stick, UGH!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2023, 12:52 AM   #68  
Cardstock Collector

Default TNP idea perfect

Quote:

Diane, refer to post #17 and #19. Tack N' Peel adhered to a vinyl sheet placed on the inside cover of the MISTI works well with bare rubber. The TNP offers just the tiniest bit of cushion for the rubber. The vinyl can then be removed and stored with the TNP left on.
This is brilliant and just the answer I was hoping for. I was close to permanently mounting TNP to the clear door.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
whim6915 (10-25-2023)