Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2022, 02:06 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default MIX476: Drip Line (3/11/22)

Title: Drip Line
Hostess: Janelle S (s.k.a. dizzymommie)
Keyword: MIX476Welcome to a new mixed media challenge! Here at Mix-Ability, we aim to make mixed media approachable and fun. With just two or more different mediums you already have in your supplies we are sure you can make a mixed media project. If you are new you can get a better idea of what we do here at the post, What is the Mix-Ability challenge?

Ready for a challenge? This week let's create drip lines for our project. You can create a Jackson Pollock-inspired background or make a drip line of color along an edge or recreate the effect of color dripping from a tree's dripline. The challenge is to get drippy with mixed media ideas! Have fun!

For some help with getting started go to wikihow.com and search for "How to Drip Paint". I've also added a few different ways I dripped paint for this challenge in the thumbnails.

To upload and share your project in the challenge gallery, load it into your gallery as you usually do and add the keyword "MIX476"! That's it and have a great time being creative!
Attached Thumbnails
MIX476: Drip Line (3/11/22)-mix476_js800.jpg   MIX476: Drip Line (3/11/22)-mix476_pollock.jpg   MIX476: Drip Line (3/11/22)-mix476_acrylic.jpg   MIX476: Drip Line (3/11/22)-mix476_watercolor.jpg   MIX476: Drip Line (3/11/22)-c55d48ce-0db4-46a5-8b93-c1722c5244f4.jpg  

Last edited by MariLynn; 03-11-2022 at 07:56 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2022, 09:52 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is the card in my gallery. I used the right watercolor drip from the thumbnail up in the main post. It does look a bit different because once I started looking for stamps to go with it I wanted more color without it getting muddy. Once it was completely dry I went over the bare spots with yellow watercolor and it really made the lines more vibrant... which just gave me joy!

MIX476 Choose Joy by dizzymommie at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2022, 03:18 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

MIX476 Spring Showers by Cook22 at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you for a fun challenge which pushed me out of my comfort zone.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
dizzymommie (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 01:26 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,752 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Don't Be Such a Drip by jkanack at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2022, 05:35 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 341 Likes on 215 Posts

My six year old grandson and I spent an afternoon making drip line panels. Here is one I turned into a card.
MIX476 - Under the Sea Dripline by Jo Ann F. at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2022, 04:46 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default using marbles

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzymommieView Post
Title: Drip Line
Hostess: Janelle S (s.k.a. dizzymommie)
Keyword: MIX476Welcome to a new mixed media challenge! Here at Mix-Ability, we aim to make mixed media approachable and fun. With just two or more different mediums you already have in your supplies we are sure you can make a mixed media project. If you are new you can get a better idea of what we do here at the post, What is the Mix-Ability challenge?

Ready for a challenge? This week let's create drip lines for our project. You can create a Jackson Pollock-inspired background or make a drip line of color along an edge or recreate the effect of color dripping from a tree's dripline. The challenge is to get drippy with mixed media ideas! Have fun!

For some help with getting started go to wikihow.com and search for "How to Drip Paint". I've also added a few different ways I dripped paint for this challenge in the thumbnails.

To upload and share your project in the challenge gallery, load it into your gallery as you usually do and add the keyword "MIX476"! That's it and have a great time being creative!
The 2nd card looks like one I did using marbles. Take a box top or baking pan, something with a lip. Put a slightly larger piece of paper down and then your project paper down. Put a small drop or dab of acrylic paint on the edges of the larger paper and then add a couple of marbles. Tip your box top slightly back and forth so your marbles roll into the paint and then across the paper. The more your let the marbles roll the more of a background you get.
Reply With Quote Likes