Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Workbox

Hi everyone.
Well, after living in total chaos for 3 weeks with my stamping all over the dining room and spelling into our kitchen, my husband feels its time to do something to organize. (Yipeeeee).

I found the the workbox on line. My concern. Those horizontal "draws". Are they really sturdy? Will they hold my paper, or am I going to continue to store my paper in a tower I got at Joannes. This is a significant purchase. I want to know what will and won't work in it BEFORE it arrives at my house.

Can anyone give any advice on the Workbox?

Thanks,
Paula
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 03:09 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I have it. I love it. I don't know how ANYONE can craft without it, lol!!

Was it a pain to build? Yep! But worth it? Yep!!

There are many pictures of it on my blog (click on stampin stuff shield!), and there's also one in my SCS gallery here. My husband got it for me for Mother's Day last year. He is the bestest!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:09 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

That looks awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #4  
sbd
Rubber Obsessor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have this one and the big one and love them both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

BOTH????? OMG thats like a dream come true! LOL!!!! I think we are going to head to NJ to the show in May to see this thing in person. I just did a custom wedding invitation (graphics not stamping), and a huge favor order for the fire dept. I have the cash, so I would love to gather my info now and spend wisely.

When I first posted this, I had many readers and no comments. I was sure that everyone was spending their money on supplies instead of storage. (rofl)

Thanks so much
Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Psssst... Have you seen the new one on their website? I almost died. I have already sent them an e-mail asking when and how much to ship because I want to order one.

The Paper Tower!!!!

I have an awesome scrap room right now, the only problem I have is paper storage. We redid the room with all sorts of cabinets, etc... but not good to store the paper. I have gone back and forth about ordering one of the craftboxes, but when I went to their site and saw the Paper Tower I actually screamed!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am on their website right now, I don't see a paper tower!!! Please share the link.
I can take photos when I go to NJ in 2 weeks. They are going to have ALL their stuff out at that convention!

Disregard, I went through the website and didn't see it. I then went back and went to the home page and found it. Totally disregard this! Sorry!

Last edited by Paula Anne; 05-03-2010 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: me being a knucklehead
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi
For those of you who have the Work Box or craft box, do you think there is enough room for paper or would you get the paper tower as well as the Work box? Also, is there a way that it can come assembled. I saw it mentioned that, but I don't know if it's true since it talks about having to assemble it on the frequently asked questions.

Jeannie, I can't find the pictures on your blog. Is there any way you can post the direct link?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelS1View Post
Hi
For those of you who have the Work Box or craft box, do you think there is enough room for paper or would you get the paper tower as well as the Work box? Also, is there a way that it can come assembled. I saw it mentioned that, but I don't know if it's true since it talks about having to assemble it on the frequently asked questions.

Jeannie, I can't find the pictures on your blog. Is there any way you can post the direct link?

Thank you!
Here is the link of when we built it: http://happy-jeannie.blogspot.com/20...ssings_24.html

It does not come assembled, nor is it an option. I don't think a paper tower is necessary for me, but everyone is different. I have room for ALL my paper and everything else, now that I've unmounted my stamps. It's amazing how much space that saves!

If you didn't have the workbox and just go the tower, I'm sure it would hold a lot, but only paper. I love how organized this thing is!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

According to the site, only the Office Box come assembled. Can yo imagine the size of THAT cardboard box??

~Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you for the information and pictures! Wow-I'm a littler worried about putting the Workbox together. Looks awful!

I don't understand why their home page says "Buy a Workbox and get assembly and shipping for only $200". I desperately want it assembled! I have a painful illness and can't imagine having to even help with the drawers. I emailed the company with a few questions, but I haven't heard back yet.

Thank you everyone. I think this site is just wonderful. I'm so excited to have so many resources for my stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelS1View Post
Thank you for the information and pictures! Wow-I'm a littler worried about putting the Workbox together. Looks awful!

I don't understand why their home page says "Buy a Workbox and get assembly and shipping for only $200". I desperately want it assembled! I have a painful illness and can't imagine having to even help with the drawers. I emailed the company with a few questions, but I haven't heard back yet.

Thank you everyone. I think this site is just wonderful. I'm so excited to have so many resources for my stamping.
Send an email and ask. I asked about when they were going to be in my city here in Canada, Errol got back to me very fast and said they can bring the one I order with them when they come.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

For those of you that have the workbox, I have a question! Mine is sitting around in boxes waiting to be assembled. Assembly will take place tonight and I can barely contain myself. I'm seriously way beyond excited for this. lol Anyway, when it comes to organizing things in the drawers I'm torn between keeping like with like (paper with paper, ribbon with ribbon, etc, etc) or organizing by themes (pet stuff, kid stuff, wedding stuff, etc). Has anyone tried this? Does it work well with you? I'm thinking if I go theme, I'll still have to have some like with like things obviously (eyelets, brads, stickles, etc) but this might work. I'm even thinking stamp sets that fit those themes would end up in those drawers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsrussView Post
For those of you that have the workbox, I have a question! Mine is sitting around in boxes waiting to be assembled. Assembly will take place tonight and I can barely contain myself. I'm seriously way beyond excited for this. lol Anyway, when it comes to organizing things in the drawers I'm torn between keeping like with like (paper with paper, ribbon with ribbon, etc, etc) or organizing by themes (pet stuff, kid stuff, wedding stuff, etc). Has anyone tried this? Does it work well with you? I'm thinking if I go theme, I'll still have to have some like with like things obviously (eyelets, brads, stickles, etc) but this might work. I'm even thinking stamp sets that fit those themes would end up in those drawers.
I think it really depends on how much stuff you have. I know, not very helpful, lol!! I know for me, there's no way I could do that and I have all "like with like". I do know that now that I've unmounted all my wood mounted stamp sets, I have TONS more room, period!! Whatever you decide, just know that you will change your mind many times before you have it "just right". Good luck putting it together!!! I think the newer models have better instructions and the design is slightly altered. The girl who won one thru SplitCoast is just a tad bit different than mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't know... The paper instructions are vague... The DVD is somewhat helpful but is for the older model without the shelf at the back of the desk area. lol It should be an adventure for sure! I think the worst part will be putting all the small shelves in. That sure seems like a chore and a half.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsrussView Post
I don't know... The paper instructions are vague... The DVD is somewhat helpful but is for the older model without the shelf at the back of the desk area. lol It should be an adventure for sure! I think the worst part will be putting all the small shelves in. That sure seems like a chore and a half.
All I know is that it took from 3:30pm - 11:00pm to put it together. AND TONS OF FIGHTING with my husband!!!! You'd do five steps, then see #6 had to be done first! So it was doing, then undoing, then redoing. The directions were almost worthless. It took about a month afterwards before I felt the whole thing was worth it.

Like I said, GOOD LUCK!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

lol It's together! The sides were easy peasy. The middle section not so much. But yeah, it's all assembled. I do have to add the shelves on the right hand side. I had them all in for the bigger baskets, but then the little shelves for the 3x3 baskets wouldn't fit, so I'll have to take out the other shelves, put in the small ones, and then put in the bigger ones again. I just love it already! All the velcro bags are on the doors and I put foam brushes in one. Couldn't wait to start the organizing process I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Would love to see photos of what you put in those tiny little "baskets". Those baskets are so small and I have no idea what to put in them! Photos would be great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula AnneView Post
Would love to see photos of what you put in those tiny little "baskets". Those baskets are so small and I have no idea what to put in them! Photos would be great!
I'm not sure if you were asking me or someone else...

I put all kinds of things in the drawers!! The little ones on the left hand side hold all my punches. On the right hand side hold glitters, beads, embellishments, etc. I have pictures in my gallery here, and on my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2010, 05:48 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

I got mine used (bought it from a sweet gal who retired from stamping and had just bought one a couple of months ago). Thankfully this beast was already put together I could not even imagine...

I used my little narrow drawers for embossing powders, small chipboard pieces, stickles, and any smaller things. HTH

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula AnneView Post
Reply With Quote Likes