Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Gregzgurl, I've just bought a pack of this tape, and a box of 8 refills from Amazon, for �10.70p ($13.30)- AND they are being shipped from the US! I have a few stamps that keep falling off storage sheets, no matter how many times I've added the Tombow to them, so I'm going with this. Thank you for all your research into the subject, .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

Let me know how it works out for you! One thing that I've noticed over time: the tape almost seems to either wear off or "absorb" into the rubber, so I've had to swipe new adhesive on a few of them. No biggie, but I thought that I'd mention it in case anyone else runs into the same thing. Still my favorite solution to date! I have A LOT of Unity stamps coming in the next week or two, so I'll be busy stripping them down and taping them up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I feel like I've muddled everything I've ever said on this forum because I keep changing the way I do things. I was using 2-way glue on the back of my unmounted rubber but the glue I liked was discontinued and I couldn't find a suitable replacement.

I moved to putting poster tape on the back of the stamp to store it (so it would stick to the carrier sheet) and Tack 'n Peel when stamping, attached to the lid of my MISTI with cling vinyl (so I didn't damage the MISTI and could take it off when I was using photopolymer stamps). That wasn't working for me, either - it was a nuisance doing the whole put-it-on-take-it-off thing, and the poster tape was not the ideal answer.

I've reverted to something that I was doing before and using AdTech tape runner on the back of the stamps - it's instant, holds well, leaves no residue on the carrier sheet or the MISTI, and is easy to find and cheap. I am not really sure why I stopped doing that, thinking that the TnP would be a better answer, but I've come to my senses and gone back to it. I'm gifting the TnP on cling vinyl to another stamper who wants to give it a go...

I'd like to say "FINAL ANSWER", but with me and my Odd Brain, you just never know. Anyway - hope it's helpful to someone... If you want to investigate the AdTech tape runner for yourself, look for this one:
I was wondering did the tack and peel method work for you? Was the reason you switched because you had to switch it all the time? The reason I'm asking is I was thinking of having my MISTI set up with that all the time or I could try the tape too. I purchased the tack and peel and the vinyl but I haven't tried it yet. I have been trying to find the thread where someone explained the set up. I would love to see pictures too but I don't remember seeing any posted.
Thanks so much for your help! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvpaper2View Post
I was wondering did the tack and peel method work for you? Was the reason you switched because you had to switch it all the time? The reason I'm asking is I was thinking of having my MISTI set up with that all the time or I could try the tape too. I purchased the tack and peel and the vinyl but I haven't tried it yet. I have been trying to find the thread where someone explained the set up. I would love to see pictures too but I don't remember seeing any posted.
The Tack'n'Peel worked okay, I'm just an incredibly impatient stamper and anything that takes a few seconds longer or requires more futzing than something else will always lose...

To be honest, the storing of the stamps was what swayed me. If there was no "cling" (either glue or cling foam or whatever), then I had to do something else to make them stick on the storage panels. I was using poster tape, but sometimes it stuck to the panel when I peeled the stamp off to use it, and sometimes it stuck to the stamp.

In the end, it was more economical and less of a nuisance to just swipe some AdTech on the stamp, stick it to the panel, and be done. When I go to use them, it's grab-and-go. No fuss, no muss, no mess, no cranky stamper...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

The Tack'n'Peel worked okay, I'm just an incredibly impatient stamper and anything that takes a few seconds longer or requires more futzing than something else will always lose...

To be honest, the storing of the stamps was what swayed me. If there was no "cling" (either glue or cling foam or whatever), then I had to do something else to make them stick on the storage panels. I was using poster tape, but sometimes it stuck to the panel when I peeled the stamp off to use it, and sometimes it stuck to the stamp.

In the end, it was more economical and less of a nuisance to just swipe some AdTech on the stamp, stick it to the panel, and be done. When I go to use them, it's grab-and-go. No fuss, no muss, no mess, no cranky stam ...
Thank you for your help! I bought the tape at Hobby Lobby and your right it works wonders! I used poster tape too and now when I pull out an unmounted stamp I remove the poster tape and use the AdTech.

My question is..how many tape runners did you try before finding AdTech? Thank you so much for sharing your results and for your research!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't really try any other tape runners - the AdTech discovery was serendipity (or, more accurately, desperation). For years I was using Sailor 2-in-1 glue in a wide chisel tip marker (recommended by a vendor at a stamp expo), but it only comes in a little ballpoint pen now and doesn't work the same. I tried every other method known to man (or, at least, me) and hated ALL of them to varying degrees. I had one of the AdTech runners on my table one day, for some reason. I figured I might as well give that a shot, since nothing else was working, and it was love at first swipe! I just bought an 8-pack of refills because I went a bit stupid at Unity and Purple Onion for their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, and I will NEED them! I'm glad that it's working for you, too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2016, 01:50 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

I'm going to throw something in here for storage- not my idea, but last night I was watching Kevin Nakagawas' latest Stampscaping 101 video, and it looks like he is using banknote storage pockets for his larger stamps, and coin holder pockets for the smaller ones. They are definitely acid free, as funnily enough they kept coming up in my searches when I was looking for Avery Elle type pockets availability over here.That struck me as being a possible great storage method. Especially for very small stamps. I'm almost at the point of ordering some banknote ones to see how it goes. I already have a stash of coin ones, I ordered them to make some inkpad swatch cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2016, 02:02 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

OK, so I've gone there. taken the plunge and bought a pack of 10 x 3 pocket sleeves, which go in a ring binder. Also got some ATC sized sheets at the same time, which means I can get them organised too, lol. I'll post a picture when I get them done.
THESE are what I've ordered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2016, 05:32 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Those look really interesting, Shaz - can't wait for you to share how you like them! I mix all of my stamps up (big/little, rubber/photopolymer, every company together) and have them all on 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" laminated cardstock in appropriately-sized binder sleeves. They were in binders, but now they're just in bins so I can flip through. I used to have pocket pages for small stamps, but I found them to be a nuisance (for me), so I'll be interested to hear your feedback...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2016, 03:33 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

I have almost all my u/m's in 3 ring binders, and the Stampscapes- which do have a lot of very small 'scenic filler' stamps- have their own binder. I'm hoping that at least the coin pockets will work for them, as they are the ones I have most trouble getting to stay on the laminated sheets!
It's funny, looking at the ones that drop off, versus the ones that stay stuck with TIOO, it seems to be certain brands that cause me a problem. Chocolate Baroque- don't know if you have them over there- are a grey rubber, but the backs are not smooth, and they always seem to fall off. Also, some Non Sequiteur, which are red rubber, cause me grief. So, I reckon between the pockets, and the AdTech tape for others, which arrived today, I may have a final solution. We can only hope, lol.
The arrival of the tape runner today made me have another read through this thread, which I'm glad I did, as I spotted the 'burnishing' tip, so I'll make sure to put them on the panel before I use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2016, 06:47 AM   #51  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvpaper2View Post
I have TackNPeel on vinyl on my Misti all of the time. It is removable but I never take it off. I covered the entire stamping section (takes more than one sheet of TNP) of the Misti with the vinyl sheet with TNP attached. I find that clear stamps peel on and off without issue and the TNP is there whenever I need to use it. I tried Sue's idea of the tape runner and was finding my tape sticking to the lid. I just read this entire thread and am excited to see the tip of burnishing the tape runner. I am going to give that a try. You certainly don't need all of the stuff I have on my Misti, but I find there is literally no unmounted stamp I can't use, because I have so many options available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

So glad i ran across this thread, as I've been trying to puzzle together a solution to storing red rubber in DVD cases. Lots to think about here - thanks to everyone for their input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 06:34 AM   #53  
Crimping Master

I purchased a roll of the AdTech tape. I've been using it for a fairly short time and wasn't having perfect results. Sometimes it removed easily from the lid of my Misti with no residue and sometimes not. I tried burnishing it and hadn't quite mastered that yet either.

At one point yesterday I applied some of the tape to the back of a stamp and then the roller seemed like it would not roll. I tried a couple of times and then realized the used carrier strip was not winding properly, and was either broken when I tried to get the roller to roll or maybe had broken before that. I decided to take the unit apart and rethread the tape. I worked and worked at it, but could not get the thing to work properly.

My question is whether anyone else has ever had this problem before? I am going to need to throw a basically new tape roller and that is ok, but I don't want to buy another one if this is a common problem. I wasn't positive this was going to work for me. Before I go to purchase another one to do some more testing I want to be sure I am not wasting my money. TIA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #54  
Cardstock Collector

This thread came right on time! Thank u so much for sharing your knowledge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I purchased a roll of the AdTech tape. I've been using it for a fairly short time and wasn't having perfect results. Sometimes it removed easily from the lid of my Misti with no residue and sometimes not. I tried burnishing it and hadn't quite mastered that yet either.

At one point yesterday I applied some of the tape to the back of a stamp and then the roller seemed like it would not roll. I tried a couple of times and then realized the used carrier strip was not winding properly, and was either broken when I tried to get the roller to roll or maybe had broken before that. I decided to take the unit apart and rethread the tape. I worked and worked at it, but could not get the thing to work properly.

My question is whether anyone else has ever had this problem before? I am going to need to throw a basically new tape roller and that is ok, but I don't want to buy another one if this is a common problem. I wasn't positive this was going to work for me. Before I go to purchase another one to do some more testing I want to be sure I am not wasting my money. TIA.

This is a common problem with a lot of different brands of tape rollers, not just the AdTech.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeinSparksView Post
This is a common problem with a lot of different brands of tape rollers, not just the AdTech.
Ditto what she said... I have had a couple of the AdTech rollers give a bit of trouble, but I've never had to toss one (yet). The tape for my ATG? Yeah - that one has caused a bit more grief, but still - no tossing to date...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 04:38 AM   #57  
Crimping Master

I'm glad to know it is not just me. I've been trying to give myself a time-out and possibly try one more time to fix it. I have actually had really good luck (knock on wood) with my large ATG gun. As long as I put the tape roll on the spool the correct way it doesn't usually give me any problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I've never seen nor heard of Ad Tech tape. Where did you get this from? I currently have two Tack 'n Peel sheets on my original MISTI and they are working great. I have this MISTI dedicated just to bare rubber, and then the other two are for regular cling and clear stamps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

I'm in the UK, and got if from Amazon, so I'm pretty sure your Amazon will have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amazon, Walmart, Hobby Lobby...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 06:41 AM   #61  
Crimping Master

I am trying to add this tape runner to the back of some stamps. I have checked and double checked all of the steps, and the brand and type of tape runner. I have been trying to get this to work on the back of fairly new, clean, bare rubber, Purple Onion Design stamps. I have also tried it on some other stamps as well.

No matter what I do it is not working for me! I stick the stamps onto my laminated panels and the adhesive transfers to the panels and I have to use Goo gone to get the adhesive off of the panels. I tried rubbing the ends down first, burnishing the tape on an acetate sheet and trying to push the adhesive onto the stamps with my fingers. No matter what I have tried the adhesive transfers off of the stamp to the surface where I don't want it.

I have Tack N Peel on my MISTI and blocks so it really doesn't matter, but I thought this would be a nice way to store the stamps on my laminated panels. Does anyone have any suggestions? What am I possibly doing wrong. This works for so many people, I just can't figure out why it isn't working for me. Oh, I forgot to mention, this is my second roll of tape as the first went off of the track and I had to throw that roll away. Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong,. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

That is a puzzle! I have AdTech on the back of ALL of my Purple Onion stamps (and I'm a HUGE fan, lol!) and never had an issue. I'm wondering if it's the panels, rather than the tape or stamps. Did you buy them already laminated or laminate them yourself? Does the adhesive leave residue on your blocks and/or MISTI too? Things that make you go hmmm...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 02:39 AM   #63  
Crimping Master

Thanks for responding! The panels are ones that I laminated myself. I also tried to stick them on the glossy panels left-over from vinyl sheets, plastic panels that come in stamp packaging (both the flimsy and stiff kind), a SU box, and a CD case. In each instance the glue came off the stamp and stuck to the item. Just for laughs I put some of the tape runner on one of the laminated panels and then stuck a clean stamp on it hoping the glue would transfer onto the stamp, but that is the only time the glue did not transfer!! It has made the panels and plastic sheets such a mess that I confess I have not tried to stick it onto my MISTI lid. I just don't want to have to clean it off, as getting it off the other items has been a PITA.

Yesterday I tried some of the removable tape runner, just to see if that might make a difference. It also came off the stamps, but it was easier to remove from whatever I had stuck it on. I think I may end up leaving my stamps alone and just putting the adhesive on my laminated panels where I want the stamps to stick. I really wanted to make this work
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 05:11 AM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

I pm'd you, but thought I'd throw out another idea: If you have Tack'n'Peel on your MISTI and just need a way to store the stamps, Shazsilverwolf uses pockets to slip hers in - she tells about it in THIS THREAD. I've previously used poster tape on my stamps when I was trying to find a solution prior to the AdTech, and one reason I gave up on it was because the tape stayed on the panel instead of the stamp, so maybe that would work for you, since that's kind of where you are with the TnP...?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 09:53 AM   #65  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Sue -- I've read through this thread because I'm this close to beginning the unmounting from wood process. I've transferred all my photopolymers and the SU! unmounted stamps I have from CD cases to Avery Elle envelopes (and am super happy with the space savings) and for those that would not stick, I used a small swipe from the ATG gun. I noticed in one post, you mentioned using an ATG gun and wondered how the AdTec runner compares to the ATG gun and what you see as the benefit to the AdTec runner over a bit of ATG? Thanks for your input!

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mostly I use the AdTech rather than the ATG because it's cheap (I buy multiple refills with a coupon), I know it works (for me, anyway), and it takes up less real estate on my worktable. When I'm doing anything organizing/indexing-wise, I generally have a big mess on every available surface, and it's just easier to grab a little thing and swipe it than to load up the "big gun" and fire it, lol! I haven't used the ATG for stamps, really, so I can't speak to how well I think they'd do. I have some Unity stamps coming in a couple of days - I'll test out the ATG on those and report back (cuz you KNOW that foam is coming off)!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #67  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks for the opinion. The ATG holds the stamps really well on the blocks. I will say that it does leave a bit of residue on the block which would bother some but doesn't particularly bother me. A little soap and water on occasion and they are all set.

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2017, 08:15 PM   #68  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used AdTech and having trouble with stamps leaving a residue on my MISTI. What are those with this problem using to clean the MISTI. I haven't had it long and I don't want to cloud, scratch, etc. it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBelleView Post
I used AdTech and having trouble with stamps leaving a residue on my MISTI. What are those with this problem using to clean the MISTI. I haven't had it long and I don't want to cloud, scratch, etc. it.
Did you "burnish" the AdTech before putting the stamp on the MISTI? If you put the stamp on a laminated sheet before using it on the MISTI, it shouldn't leave residue. However, I've successfully removed residue (from other glues) with UltraClean stamp cleaner...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 05:54 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Given that at least two people now have shared that AdTech is leaving residue, I though that I'd weigh in with another thought. I originally was using the one labeled "extra strong", and had zero issues AT ALL. I switched to the "permanent", but not extra-strong, because I got a really good deal on a multi-pack. This version is the one that seems to "absorb" into the rubber and needs to be re-applied now and then. I'm wondering if it is just different enough of a formulation to have other issues - like residue - and we should stick with the "extra strong"...? I'm sorry that I don't have a more definitive answer, but that's what I'm going to do, since it worked FABULOUSLY with no problems whatsoever! I apologize, also, if earlier information about the two being interchangeable has caused grief for anyone...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #71  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Did you "burnish" the AdTech before putting the stamp on the MISTI? If you put the stamp on a laminated sheet before using it on the MISTI, it shouldn't leave residue. However, I've successfully removed residue (from other glues) with UltraClean stamp cleaner...
Yes, when I unmounted my stamps I laminated cardstock and put them in binders. Thanks for the tip on UltraClean. I don't have that product but will check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes