Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-07-2021, 08:15 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart SU Stamps

Someone continued the work that Cat’s Creations had begun. Does anyone know who it is? I need to organize and don’t have a clue where to start? Alphabetical order? Release date? Help please!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2021, 05:01 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebeccaWetzelView Post
Someone continued the work that Cat’s Creations had begun. Does anyone know who it is? I need to organize and don’t have a clue where to start? Alphabetical order? Release date? Help please!!
Maybe here: SU Color Match Chart - continue from Cat by amyphelps at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

All that I can see is DSP colors. Any other possibilities?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts

You are wanting to organize your Stampin Up! stamps.

I have my stamps listed on a spreadsheet alphabetically by stamp set name. I'm not concerned about release date.

Does this help?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 131 Likes on 46 Posts

First off, "These are my stamps" will help you with inventory.

I have mine in alphabetical order for the first couple years. Then I down select and store by "category" ie travel, arts and crafts, backgrounds, only greetings, and then alphabetical within category.

I think it depends "How" you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 510 Likes on 229 Posts

Cat had a SU Stamp Inventory and Tracking List that listed all the SU stamps from the beginning of SU, and that she sold for many years. It was a tremendous amount of work to keep up. Somewhere around 2014 she quit updating that and I'm sure that you can't get that excel file anymore. As far as I know she did not pass that file on to anyone else.

However, others have kept up with the color matches to DSP...and that is a cumulative file as well.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2021, 05:16 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike has done a great job here of putting old catalogs on line.

https://stampin-style.typepad.com/st...d-and-new.html

I’ve used them to get colors of old card stock from when SU labeled only with a number. Very helpful. Perhaps you can find your stamps.
I personally don’t care when they were from. If they have a copyright year, I put that on the card that goes in my sleeve. I organize by theme and have an image index in an 8 x 51/2 notebook. I can browse through the notebook or browse my clear sleeves of stamps; whatever suits my mood!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
gaylestamps (09-15-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 10:25 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Default Evernote is my Stamp Organization Friend

I, like most of us, have tried so many different ways to organize my stamps. A few years ago, I stumbled upon Evernote. I have started a file entering years of my SU stamp collection (both wood and dvd going back to 1991 or so) and am willing to share my file as a jumping off point to anyone who is interested. Just let me know. Of course you would need to delete the stamp sets that you don't have and enter in the ones that you have to personalize it for yourself...but at least some of the work will have been done for you.

Evernote, is a free (basic version is good for most everyone!) tool that you can download on your computer (and the app on your phone) so that you always have access to your info. Yes, you can set some things to only be on your computer (and not in the cloud) if you prefer. It is also SEARCHABLE....so for example, if you want to search your stamp sets for the phrase Happy Belated Birthday...you will find the name of the stamp set that you own that has that saying in it! If you have a friend or upline that is willing to share his/her stamp sets with you...you could have access to their stamps too! (just make sure to develop a lending library to make sure you get your stamps back!

At first I just started with entering in my current stamps as I purchased them. Now, I have gone back to include my old wood stamp sets too. It's still a work in progress though!
I enter the name of the stamp set, capture a full image of the entire stamp set or image sheet, then I include pics of samples that I like of that stamp set (mine too, if I remember!)....AND of course and a link to Splitcoast gallery for that specific stamp set...to always keep up with fresh samples posted.
It has helped me be more organized, engaged (to use all of my stamp sets!) and creative.

I started off using Evernogte for my stamps... but now I use it in everyday life. My favorite thing is taking a picture of a receipt, say from Target...and always being able to answer "YES!" when they ask if I have my receipt! And it can help with other things like setting up reminders a year in advance for appointments, reservations etc! Can you tell how much I like it?! Take a tour at https://evernote.com/

Happy Organizing!
JenKing
Reply With Quote Likes