Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie15View Post
I made an alphabetical list and assigned each set a number. Then I went through all the SU Catalogs and captured and saved the images for the sets I have. If I couldn't find the catalog/stamps, then I scanned the set. For future sets, I'll be sure to scan the labels before adhereing them to the blocks.
I just made an index binder for my sis for Christmas - I made a list of her stamps but she lives 400 miles away, so in order to make images I googled "stamping up " + the name of each set, looked at "Images" and was able to find an index card of almost all of them that I could copy (I put it into Powerpoint to print off, because I am faster with it than Word when dealing with images).

I made a template with 4 3.5"x5" images on each letter size page so that I could cut and put into plastic divider sheets. I was able to do the 50+ sets I missed when I was working from memory on her Christmas present in about an hour this way. Much faster than stamping or scanning, plus I could print the name of each set on the index card.

The only drawback I could find is the stamps aren't actually size, but they fit so neatlyand with the time savings it was worth it. You might try this if you are organizing images on your computer.

Oh and I got my 4 per page plastic inserts from Amazon.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #42  
Inking Addict

Thanks for the great ideas! My collection is still small so it is best to figure out a good system now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Here is another idea to make life a little easier.

Instead of stamping each stamp and having to wash each and everyone, why not photocopy them?

Then label the page and stamp case with matching numbers for quick reference
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #44  
Crimping Master

I store my stamps alphabetically. I also stamp the stamp sets into a binder (also alphabetically) When I'm getting ready to make a card, I just look for the stamps in my binder. The binder is just a simple three ring binder and I just use computer paper with dividers for each letter. For all my single stamps I stamp them in a different binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gosh, I better get on the ball!! Right now I have the stamped images on a piece of paper...hole in the corner, ribbon tied and hung on the wall on a push pin I have done the same thing with my punches so that I can hold them over an image to see if it will fit. Each stamp page has a letter and each box has that letter so that I can scan through and find the box I need. I have been thinking of doing another guide with the images lumped together in themes but have not been that ambitious. Works fine since I have maybe 10-15 sets but as I aquire more, I will likely need a better system!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #46  
Inking Addict

Afdish...Thank you so much for the info on the snipping tool. Never knew I had it. I sure learn alot on the SCS site. I tried it and it is so easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by backroomView Post
Afdish...Thank you so much for the info on the snipping tool. Never knew I had it. I sure learn alot on the SCS site. I tried it and it is so easy.
You're very welcome... I'm glad you like it.

I want to pass on something about the Snipping Tool that I've learned over the past few weeks. Up until then I was using it to snip an image and save that to a JPEG file. Then I realized I wanted to combine several images into one file. Found out that when you choose the image to snip, the popup that appears showing you the image you grabbed, that gives you the options of what to do, I was using the save and e-mail functions. There is an icon in the menu for copy, but you can also just hit CTRL-C. Then I open a Powerpoint document or Word (depending on what it is), and hit CTRL-V to paste the image into the document. That way I can add multiple images to a single document with minimal keystrokes/mouse-clicks. I recently used this technique to start creating a visual library of the MDS files I have. Here is an example, a snip of the PPT file compiled from several snips:
Attached Thumbnails
SU! Stamped Images book-mds-visual.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes