Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SU! Stamped Images book

I still have not decided how I will store my SU! stamp sets (they are still in various locations) but I though at least I would have some sort of reference to what I have.

So I am in the process of stamping the images onto 4 x 6 pieces of cardstock & putting them into an inexpensive photo album I got at Walmart.

At the very least, I can say I stamped with each set once!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't quite decided yet if I want to keep sets together or split them to be grouped into categories. But I have started creating my SU set log, but I'm doing on my computer. I alt-printscreen the page in the e-copy of the catalog, paste into a Powerpoint file. I crop the image to just the stamp set image. I've created a separate slide for each letter of the alphabet to file them in, and I add more pages as those get filled up. One thing that sort tripped my up at first, was that my Powerpoint file size was getting huge very quickly. Luckily I had just recently went through some computer security training where they showed us that the cropped image, even after you save the file, still has the entire original image, all you have to do is select the crop utility and stretch out the sides again, and walla! Once it realized the cause of the rapid file size increase, I figured out that once I have the cropped image to what I want it to look like, I right click on it, choose "Save as picture", change the file type for .PNG to .JPG, save the file, then right click on the image again, choose "Change picture" and choose the file you just saved. Problem solved. And for older sets that there is no e-copy of the catalog, I scan that page from the physical catalog, then follow the same steps.

This works for me, since I won't use it for daily use when I want to find a specific stamp (that will be a physical binder), but will be reference to reassemble a split up set.

Last edited by afdish; 08-24-2011 at 07:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is another idea... I printed the index card for the sets I have from the SCS gallery (you could save as a file as well).

Thank you for visiting ~ My Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm still in the process of stamping mine in a binder. I use a piece of white card stock from Wal-Mart and but it in a page protector. I'm way behind. I moved six months ago and haven't seen that binder since then. It's in a box still somewhere. I only have about three boxes that have been left unpacked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Afdish, I am in admiration of your 'puter skills. Your system sounds great.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy HView Post
Afdish, I am in admiration of your 'puter skills. Your system sounds great.
Thank you!

Isn't it amazing how you learn new things all the time? I posted my technique just the other day. Today at work, I learned something awesome. If you have Windows 7 (full version), you can pull up a tool called the Snipping Tool. I say full version, since I have it on my work computer, but not my laptop at home, because my laptop has the home version. I had only a couple minutes to play with it at work before I needed to head out to an appointment. With the tool you click and drag over the image you want, and it gives you just that section to save in the format of your choice. No printscreen-paste-crop-save-changepicture process. Much quicker. I'll be playing with it more on Monday (i took a vacation day tomorrow to attend my Demo's post convention open house). And I'm going to see if I can download it to my laptop, or if I need to upgrade the laptop to a full version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome. I understood about half of what you said!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

Heart

I'm not a demonstrator yet, but I would love to see more ideas! Keep em coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Very interesting. Where are you at in Office to pull up the Snipping Tool? Word?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fay502View Post
Very interesting. Where are you at in Office to pull up the Snipping Tool? Word?
Just click on the windows button, when the menu pops up, in the block at the very bottom that says "search programs and files" type "snipping". It should give you a link to the executable.

One small correction to a previous statement... I have Windows 7 Starter on my home laptop. That is why I don't have the snipping tool on it. Starter is even more stripped down than Home version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I'm doing something similar...but since I tend to forget what stamps I have and what set they are in I wanted my stamps to be in categories! So I have a small binder (one of those 5x7 ones) and I have put business card inserts in it. I'm stamping all my stamps and then I have them broke down into categories (alphabets, animals, celebrations, birthday, holidays, nature, sentiments, etc). If a stamp fits into more than one category, I just stamp it as many times as I want. The good thing is that these inserts have a small space to the side of each business card, and I have the stamp set name and info on a piece of paper beside each stamped image.
Now when I'm making a birthday card, instead of having to search thru all my stamps for birthday, I can just turn to the Birthday section and browse!
Pics below are a sample page out of my binder, and a couple of close ups of a few stamped entries...when they retire, I just stamp a red R on the stamp info...
Attached Thumbnails
SU! Stamped Images book-p1010999.jpg   SU! Stamped Images book-p1030002.jpg   SU! Stamped Images book-p1030001.jpg  

Last edited by sarahwms; 08-29-2011 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: to add pics
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

I use the SCS index of each set also, and print off to put inside the stamp set box, plus any card ideas I like. Sometimes, I don't know what stamp is missing.
To reduce amount of ink when printing, and printing off gallery index of a SU set; I use a paint software program, most computers have this; after saving to my pictures; if you right click, you can see an edit, and you can reduce these pictures to put at least 5 on a full sheet of copy paper, for your records. Go to print and print setup, and you can resize and reposition on a page to save and print off. I have windows 7, but, paint can be used for resizing with windows XP, and I use this system for resizing digital images also.
I don't have word software. Catoragizing my whole stamp sets, just overwhelms me yet, but, have started on sentiments, as it's hardest for me to remember what sentiient is in each set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy_PattiView Post
Here is another idea... I printed the index card for the sets I have from the SCS gallery (you could save as a file as well).

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"

Last edited by stampencamper; 08-28-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

afdish--

I am running Win 7 Home Premium and snipping is there. I'll have to play with it a bit--thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by afdishView Post
Thank you!

Isn't it amazing how you learn new things all the time? I posted my technique just the other day. Today at work, I learned something awesome. If you have Windows 7 (full version), you can pull up a tool called the Snipping Tool. I say full version, since I have it on my work computer, but not my laptop at home, because my laptop has the home version. I had only a couple minutes to play with it at work before I needed to head out to an appointment. With the tool you click and drag over the image you want, and it gives you just that section to save in the format of your choice. No printscreen-paste-crop-save-changepicture process. Much quicker. I'll be playing with it more on Monday (i took a vacation day tomorrow to attend my Demo's post convention open house). And I'm going to see if I can download it to my laptop, or if I need to upgrade the laptop to a full version.
I googled snipping tool and found a zip file of it. I wonder if i can use it in win xp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I found this anyone use it? I have trusted this site in the past

SnipIT - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

this looks like something i will use

http://download.cnet.com/Snagit/3000...-10004813

Last edited by scrapnut642; 08-28-2011 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

tfs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I store all my stamps alphabetically. When I get a new set I photo copy the sticky sheet that has all the designs for the stamps on a wooden set, or I pull the CD cover out of the CD case on my clear stamps. I put the photo copied sheets into a page protector and file it in a 3 ringed binder alphabetically. It really easy to access and page through when I am looking for a something specific. I also do the one page per set so that when I acquire more stamps I can slip them inbetween other pages easily. I use the backs of designer paper and cut into the length of my shelf to separate the actually clam shell storage stamp sets in alpha order. I identify each of these dividers with a Alphanumeric character so I know what I have in the group. My clear stamps are easily stood on a shelf in alpha order. Because I use a copy of the CD cover for my clear stamp sets as my sheet guide in the binder, I know that those are on my Clear stamps and not in the clam shell storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #18  
Glitter Queen

Sarahwms,

I love your binder idea! Where did you get the binder and the pages for it? I love that there is a seperate place to put the title. Hope to hear from you soon. I even love the "R" on each...very much my style of organization. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancyrapsView Post
Sarahwms,

I love your binder idea! Where did you get the binder and the pages for it? I love that there is a seperate place to put the title. Hope to hear from you soon. I even love the "R" on each...very much my style of organization. Thanks!!
THANKS! I got both the binders and the pages at Office Max....I looked online, but couldn't find them. If you are interested (and don't have an Office Max near you) I will go and price them for you....
It's a smaller binder (about the size of a half sheet of paper), but it's pretty thick.
I also wrote on a Post It note inside each stamp case the categories that I put that set in...I figured when something retired, it would make it easier to add those "R"'s.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Sarah,

Thank you for the quick reply!! Yep, I have an office max so I will have to go and check those out! Right now, I have a 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper with 3-4 sets on each sheet. However, it gets messy if I get rid of a stamp...your idea would work so much better. I also ink them in different colors, just to remind me what colors I have and how they look.

Thanks again,
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancyrapsView Post
Sarah,

Thank you for the quick reply!! Yep, I have an office max so I will have to go and check those out! Right now, I have a 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper with 3-4 sets on each sheet. However, it gets messy if I get rid of a stamp...your idea would work so much better. I also ink them in different colors, just to remind me what colors I have and how they look.

Thanks again,
Nancy
No problem! Let me know if you have any questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2011, 05:18 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Sarahwms - this sounds great - think I will borrow this too....

Thanks for sharing, Gerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2011, 05:53 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by GramMcCaulView Post
Sarahwms - this sounds great - think I will borrow this too....

Thanks for sharing, Gerry
Thanks Gerry! I saw something similar here on SCS, but they were using a rolodex. My desk space is at a premium, so that's why I opted for using the small binder...or two...or three! LOL!
I usually stamp mine in the evening while watching tv with my hubby! Keeps him happy (since I'm "spending time with him") and keeps me happy (since I'm working on a project!)!! Win-Win!!

Good Luck!
Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 04:09 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

I've been thinking about creating a binder. Mostly because the different shape boxes make maximizing the storage space impossible while staying organized. I thought I would just start a number system by case size, but organize the binder by theme (which is how my cabinets are arranged). So if I want a floral, I look in the floral section of my binder. See the one I want, find the set by number.

It would be expandable. The case size determines the number. Smallest case = 1, next = 2, etc. The numbers would be the thousand space. So 1003 is in the smallest cases, set three. And 7110 would be the largest case size, 110th set. Not like I would ever get 1000 of any size, KWIM?

Still pondering. Do I want to spend the time organizing or stamping!

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #25  
Glitter Queen

Default I like your idea!

I really like your idea! I hadn't decided on what type of system to find my stamps yet, maybe just labeling the side.

I totally understand about using your time to stamp instead of organizing but I'm finding out I'm spending more time looking for a set then I am enjoying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
I've been thinking about creating a binder. Mostly because the different shape boxes make maximizing the storage space impossible while staying organized. I thought I would just start a number system by case size, but organize the binder by theme (which is how my cabinets are arranged). So if I want a floral, I look in the floral section of my binder. See the one I want, find the set by number.

It would be expandable. The case size determines the number. Smallest case = 1, next = 2, etc. The numbers would be the thousand space. So 1003 is in the smallest cases, set three. And 7110 would be the largest case size, 110th set. Not like I would ever get 1000 of any size, KWIM?

I have just finished something like this. I stamped my images two sets per sheet of letter-sized paper, and have it in a page protector in a binder. I've written the name of the set and manufacturer (since I have more than just SU), and also the location. So when I'm looking for a set, I can just skim through my binder for what I want, instead of pulling out box after box looking for inspiration! It's taken me a long time to finish, but now that I have I find it so much faster to find what I want. I'm less overwhelmed, so I actually spend more time crafting, and enjoy it more. And when I have a new set, I immediately catalog it. I haven't had to deal with removing sets from the collection yet, but I imagine that when I do I will just redo a few sheets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post

I do both! I try to work on organizing my stamps for an hour (or so) every day and then I feel better that I've completed x number of stamp sets and feel creative! So set aside a set amount of time to organize and then feel free to create!! Best of both worlds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Default to purchase

I am finally getting around to doing this; but, not knowing where to purchase, so did an online search. Staples, online, if not near a store,
has these items. Free shipping over $45.

Staples online 5X8 BUSINESS CARD PAGES 5
Item No.: 901909 Price: $2.99/each
8.5X5.5 WRITE-ON 5 TAB DIVIDERS
Item No.: 325059 Price: $3.99/each
Subtotal 5X8 1 IN BETTER BINDER B
Item No.: 924443 Price: $6.99/each
THIS BINDER HOLDS 245 PAGES, WITH 4 DIVIDERS TO A PAGE

thanks for sharing technique, love it

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahwmsView Post
I'm doing something similar...but since I tend to forget what stamps I have and what set they are in I wanted my stamps to be in categories! So I have a small binder (one of those 5x7 ones) and I have put business card inserts in it. I'm stamping all my stamps and then I have them broke down into categories (alphabets, animals, celebrations, birthday, holidays, nature, sentiments, etc). If a stamp fits into more than one category, I just stamp it as many times as I want. The good thing is that these inserts have a small space to the side of each business card, and I have the stamp set name and info on a piece of paper beside each stamped image.
Now when I'm making a birthday card, instead of having to search thru all my stamps for birthday, I can just turn to the Birthday section and browse!
Pics below are a sample page out of my binder, and a couple of close ups of a few stamped entries...when they retire, I just stamp a red R on the stamp info...

friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

All of you have inspired me to start organizing my stamps. Love the binder idea. Looks like I will go look for it this weekend. Thank you for your ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamperView Post

thanks for sharing technique, love it
you are welcome!!

I don't have a Staples close by, but those look very similar to what I purchased! I think my binders are about 2 or 2 1/2 inches though....although mine aren't in pretty colors! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne CView Post
I store all my stamps alphabetically. When I get a new set I photo copy the sticky sheet that has all the designs for the stamps on a wooden set, or I pull the CD cover out of the CD case on my clear stamps. I put the photo copied sheets into a page protector and file it in a 3 ringed binder alphabetically. It really easy to access and page through when I am looking for a something specific. I also do the one page per set so that when I acquire more stamps I can slip them inbetween other pages easily. I use the backs of designer paper and cut into the length of my shelf to separate the actually clam shell storage stamp sets in alpha order. I identify each of these dividers with a Alphanumeric character so I know what I have in the group. My clear stamps are easily stood on a shelf in alpha order. Because I use a copy of the CD cover for my clear stamp sets as my sheet guide in the binder, I know that those are on my Clear stamps and not in the clam shell storage.
I had to look to see that I hadn't written this comment. lol Except that I store my stamps alphabetically as all the 'A's are together, all 'B's, but I don't worry about alphabetizing within the letter catagory. I tried to keep them truly alphabetized, but found it too much trouble.

I store the clear separately from the wood also alphabetically.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

I store all my SU alphabetically by size of container (yes truly OCD). They are spewed this way in two different categories - current and retired. My other wood stamps are separated by subject - phrases, animals, florals etc. Acrylic are stored in CD cases. Unmounted rubber and static mount rubber are in DVD cases - all alphabetically by manufacturer. I stamp them in a book so I can try not to buy them more than once! When I get an SU set, I make a copy of the labels before I mount them and I always know the name, number of stamps and which images belong in each set. When I copy them, I put a bunch on one page and then cut them apart into the separate sets and put in a binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #33  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by afdishView Post
I haven't quite decided yet if I want to keep sets together or split them to be grouped into categories. But I have started creating my SU set log, but I'm doing on my computer. I alt-printscreen the page in the e-copy of the catalog, paste into a Powerpoint file. I crop the image to just the stamp set image. I've created a separate slide for each letter of the alphabet to file them in, and I add more pages as those get filled up. One thing that sort tripped my up at first, was that my Powerpoint file size was getting huge very quickly. Luckily I had just recently went through some computer security training where they showed us that the cropped image, even after you save the file, still has the entire original image, all you have to do is select the crop utility and stretch out the sides again, and walla! Once it realized the cause of the rapid file size increase, I figured out that once I have the cropped image to what I want it to look like, I right click on it, choose "Save as picture", change the file type for .PNG to .JPG, save the file, then right click on the image again, choose "Change picture" and choose the file you just saved. Problem solved. And for older sets that there is no e-copy of the catalog, I scan that page from the physical catalog, then follow the same steps.

This works for me, since I won't use it for daily use when I want to find a specific stamp (that will be a physical binder), but will be reference to reassemble a split up set.
What a brilliant idea! I started out stamping each image on a page. I wrote the name of the stamp set at the top. Now I just copy the label before I stick it to the wood, or copy the label from the clear mount whenever. My binder has grown huge, though, and I dread doing it. Why didn't I think of doing it electronically?
Thank you for all of the help as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

Default organization

I kept this posting and have purchased this system. It is marvelous, only 5 x 8 inches of space. Each page has 8 business card slots, and works wonderfully
when reducing the SU gallery images. I use my paint program to resize digital images also. So far, I'm working on digital sentiments. Has anyone else kept up on their indexing organization?
thanks Sarah for the suggestion

Quote:

friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #35  
Insane Embellisher

Default Finally Organized - Almost

I recently decided to really get my stamps organized. I just can't bring myself to break up my SU sets. My DH installed some shelves so I could put my sets on end in single layers and store them alphabetically.

I made an alphabetical list and assigned each set a number. Then I went through all the SU Catalogs and captured and saved the images for the sets I have. If I couldn't find the catalog/stamps, then I scanned the set. For future sets, I'll be sure to scan the labels before adhereing them to the blocks.

Next I created a simple database with all of the set names, their index number and categories. Then I printed out a report by Cagetory.

Next I went through all of the saved images, cut/cropped corresponding images out of the sets and added the index number; then saved them into Word documents named for each category. As you might note, many images are in more than one category document.

Lastly I printed and filed all the category documents and placed them in a binder divided by category. In the front I have both the alphabetic index and the category list. I'm finding that the category list is very helpful when I can't remember what stamp sets have a particular image or saying.

I also store all my unmounted stamps and non-SU stamps in this binder and included them in the database and category pages. I've also got sections with samples of punches, crimpers, roller stamps, nestabilities, etc.

If anyone wants a copy of my Access database, email me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamperView Post
I kept this posting and have purchased this system. It is marvelous, only 5 x 8 inches of space. Each page has 8 business card slots, and works wonderfully
when reducing the SU gallery images. I use my paint program to resize digital images also. So far, I'm working on digital sentiments. Has anyone else kept up on their indexing organization?
thanks Sarah for the suggestion
You are welcome!! I try to stamp each new set when I get them...and am slowly working on the rest of my stamp sets as I have time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #37  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Sarah I really like this idea but can't seem to find the sheet protectors that hold the cards. Can you give me the id number of them? TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellebelleView Post
Sarah I really like this idea but can't seem to find the sheet protectors that hold the cards. Can you give me the id number of them? TIA
On the Staples website, the untabbed business card holder sheets for the small binder are item #901909. The tabbed version is item #413372. They're both Avery brand. They can hold 8 cards each page (front and back of 4 slots).

If you want to use a standard size binder, Staples brand Item# 413371, holds 20 cards each page (front and back of 10 slots).

They both are $3.49 a pack, but you get only 5 sheets in the smaller size, and 10 sheet with the standard size.

For $3.49, it was either 40 card capacity per pack, or 200 card capacity per pack.
Because of that, and the fact I already have several standard size binders floating around the house, I went with the standard size.

FYI - Staples website is offers free shipping on all orders. Good deal if you don't have a store nearby

Last edited by afdish; 11-24-2011 at 07:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

Default Organization

Just sent you an email about your database. This is a great idea - I love the idea of running a report by category!

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie15View Post
I recently decided to really get my stamps organized. I just can't bring myself to break up my SU sets. My DH installed some shelves so I could put my sets on end in single layers and store them alphabetically.

I made an alphabetical list and assigned each set a number. Then I went through all the SU Catalogs and captured and saved the images for the sets I have. If I couldn't find the catalog/stamps, then I scanned the set. For future sets, I'll be sure to scan the labels before adhereing them to the blocks.

Next I created a simple database with all of the set names, their index number and categories. Then I printed out a report by Cagetory.

Next I went through all of the saved images, cut/cropped corresponding images out of the sets and added the index number; then saved them into Word documents named for each category. As you might note, many images are in more than one category document.

Lastly I printed and filed all the category documents and placed them in a binder divided by category. In the front I have both the alphabetic index and the category list. I'm finding that the category list is very helpful when I can't remember what stamp sets have a particular image or saying.

I also store all my unmounted stamps and non-SU stamps in this binder and included them in the database and category pages. I've also got sections with samples of punches, crimpers, roller stamps, nestabilities, etc.

If anyone wants a copy of my Access database, email me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #40  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I'm currently working on something similar. My idea came from Tiffany Spaulding's (from The ScrapRack) organization webinars. I have a catalog for my stamps by theme and by manufacturer. As new stamps are added, they are organized by number so that I don't have to constantly re-arrange. I use my stamps much more now that I know what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes