Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Space, no money!

As I have been addicted to Stampin Up! for about 3 years now, I have collected so many stamp sets and other miscellaneous items, that I barely have room to work on my 4' plastic table. If you have tried to work on one of these light-weight foldable tables (you can get them at Sams Club or Walmart or the like), you know how frustrating it can be. Wobbly, un-sturdy workplaces that are crowded with work materials is counterproductive.

On top of all of this, my husband is a neat-freak and constantly nags me to clean up my area. He just doesn't understand how hard it is to find things that are not right in front of me. I have to store things in rubbermaid containers shoved into closets, multiple smaller containers that I have to pull out to see what is in them, tool containers full of embelishments, a shoe rack stuffed with paper and other containers of embellishments and supplies. I've got no where to store every day items such as scissors, rulers, sanding blocks, blender pens, etc...all that stuff you end up needing at the last minute to finalize your art work. I've acquired so many little projects and I have no idea where they are!

I've spent all the money I can on trying to organize my craft area. I really could use such a beautiful organizing system. My husband may actually stop asking me to get rid of everything (every chance he gets to he asks if I'm selling it all in the community yard sale this year!).

I want to be able to sit down and begin working without spending 30 minutes trying to find a place to set my cutter and paper that I'm using while I'm working on it. You can check out my pictures of my clutter-filled corner of our 10' x10' second bedroom (we only have two in our 900 square foot condo).

I can't even work on my wedding scrapbook because I've had to store all of it away in a closet since there is no room for such large projects. I have to pull it all out, and drag everything I need out to the dining room table (a small square, 4 person table). Then I have to be sure that I'm done and cleaning up before my husband gets home from work on Saturdays so he doesn't have a conniption fit over the mess!

I think that I would be the best candidate to receive such a wonderful prize. I've never won anything in my life. I'm struggling to pay student loans off, working 40 hours a week, and still trying to find time to enjoy my hobby. I have to focus on my health as well, as I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Most days, after working all day, I can't even bear to sit at my table to play with my toys. It would be a wonderous thing to be able to sit down at a clear table and pull out the items I need from those awesome, clear drawers and actually spend my limited time after work to make a card or two, or even actually finish my wedding album! (I've been married for 4.5 years now!).

I couldn't imagine a better gift for myself right now than to win this organization system. I think that there may be many out there who have messy and small areas to work in. However, many of the people entering this competition may not have as limited of resources as I have. My husband is a salesman for a hot tub and pool company, and in this economy, those are the last things people are thinking about spending money on. Our income has become drastically reduced by a lack of commissions on his paychecks. We are struggling to even buy groceries and gas each week, much less spend money on our hobbies (fishing for him, photography and paper crafts for me).

I know a lot of this may seem insincere, but I must state that it is all the honest truth. I have never felt more embarrassed than I am now about mine and my husbands financial situation. We've always had extra money and now we don't have the money to go out to eat even once a month any more. Many people are hurting in this economy, and I am more than thankful for having a steady income of some sort, and am glad that it at least continues to pay the bills and keep a roof over our head. The extra stuff I can live without, and if there is someone more deserving out there entering this contest, I will be extremely happy for them.

I have pleaded my case, and feel that I am in need of this prize more than anyone I personally know. Please take all that I have said into consideration when making your decision. I trust that the reviewing parties will truely acknowledge the person most deserving...I do so hope that it is me!

Thank you!

Cathy Knight
Attached Thumbnails
Small Space, no money!-img_3614.jpg   Small Space, no money!-img_3609.jpg   Small Space, no money!-img_3613.jpg  

Last edited by ctrplr; 09-26-2009 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: add attachments
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope you are feeling better soon. I do understand about the wobbly tables...that's why I sit in the floor :( Enjoy the contest and good luck! We all need it :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

You are very organized in the space available to you.....so you would just like it to be all confined to one piece of furniture.....
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

The good bad thing is that the longer you stamp the more you acquire. Space always is a valuable asset. Wish you the best of luck!
Reply With Quote Likes