Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #401  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I have a video on my blog. But here are two pics I snapped this morning before the dtgd disaster strikes!
Attached Thumbnails
Share Your Stampin' Room / Stampin' Space!-room-before1.jpg   Share Your Stampin' Room / Stampin' Space!-room-before3.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #402  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Love it - it's neat as a pin !
THat is because I took the pictures before I started using it. LOL. won't be that way for long.
:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #403  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
I have a video on my blog. But here are two pics I snapped this morning before the dtgd disaster strikes!
I've watched your video - twice hehe. Love how you have so much creativity in such an open space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #404  
Compulsive Stamper

WOW!! Y'all have some AMAZING creative spaces. I am in love!

I don't have nearly as many items... yet. I have plans this weekend to really organize my space. I finished most of my Evernote cataloging this week, so things are well sorted and ready to be given easier access homes.

I'll be re-using some shelves and baskets and such - and have gotten so very many fabulous ideas on how to make the best use of it all. Thank you for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #405  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquelineView Post
And, finally, the closet - I'm lucky enough to have a huge closet with double doors - perfect for more storage! My husband hung floor to ceiling shelves and I organized it using lots of plastic containers and photo boxes - everything labeled, of course. You can't see the very top shelf in the pic but it holds all the Barbie Dolls which I've collected over the years (and now want to get rid of). I've got all the scrap paper in the drawers and scrapbook paper & supplies in the 12x12 containers. My next feat will be to go through the magazines, cut out the things I want to keep and condense. That'll free up half the bottom shelf. Punches are in a shoe organizer on the left door and so far I've just got some little jars of buttons on the right organizer.

Anyway, thanks for looking - I still need to get a new light fixture and a bar height chair. I also may change out the curtains, which were a Target clearance find, because they're too short. Maybe I can add a border or something to the top/bottom so they'll be a bit longer.

If there's any interest I will post pics of the drawers to show what's in them and how they're organized.
Are the punches heavy on the door? Also, love the stamp pads on the other door.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #406  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi all! I shared my space a few months ago but now have to ask a favor! My craft room was accepted into Apartment Therapy's Room for Color 2014 but I really need votes! My entry was just accepted this morning and some have been up for the whole month. Voting ends October 3rd and I believe you're only allowed to vote once so I'd REALLY appreciate it if you would consider voting for my crafting space! Thanks!!

Jessica's "Beachy Craft Space" Room ? Room for Color 2014 | Apartment Therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #407  
Embossing Fanatic

what an amazing room! and the color is so soothing...I voted for you - hth you win
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #408  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkler39View Post
Hi all! I shared my space a few months ago but now have to ask a favor! My craft room was accepted into Apartment Therapy's Room for Color 2014 but I really need votes! My entry was just accepted this morning and some have been up for the whole month. Voting ends October 3rd and I believe you're only allowed to vote once so I'd REALLY appreciate it if you would consider voting for my crafting space! Thanks!!

Jessica's "Beachy Craft Space" Room ? Room for Color 2014 | Apartment Therapy
Got you covered! My sister voted and I'll share the link with the PBR thread. Good Luck!

PS - your room is gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #409  
Rubber Obsessor

Default my space

I dont have a photo but i wanted to let you know im so excited becausemy husband jeff has bought me a trolley with lots of drawers in it. I have said before I am totally bedridden you can imagine having paper cardboard stickers paper tole stamps embossing powder and on and on and trying to reach it from a bed!!! i dont have someone here all the time and although ive got a tray table like in the hospital its totally covered with laptop plus everything else i need so i cant really use it much for craft

so ive had everything in boxes and drawers and everything which definitely works but really needed something better and he found this trolley at a dollar store (not particularly cheap though) i think it has 10 small and 5 large drawers i cant reach them all but i can move the drawers about and have what i want for that day at the top/

its for our 11.5 wedding anniversary present for me!!! which isnt till 12th october and i havent seen it for real yet only a picture on the internet but im SO super excited its a metal trolley with the two columns of drawers

anyways I just wanted to write about my new trolley! It will create more space for me make it easier for everyone looking after me too!!! its on wheels so all they have to do is wheel it in and its got a top on it so i can put the current boxes in some form on the top too.

I do other crafts too so i usually end up with crochet bag on my bed as well

thanks for reading ill post a photo soon!\
from Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2014, 04:03 AM   #410  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wonderful news, Erin. You are blessed to have someone who understands your needs. Sounds as if he would give you the world. Happy Anniversary! May you be blessed with many more.

Looking forward to seeing the trolly and the creativity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #411  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just changed around the tables in my craft room to finally achieve an L working space. I had been working on a large round table in the center of my room and really disliked it's inefficiency. I am in love with my space once again!

Here is a link to my pictures. Also posted in this organization gallery.
Kate's Favorite Space #1 by kate4450 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #412  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I've never added anything to the conversation(s) here or uploaded any pics of my space, either, but tonight I added some photos of my highly functional, not very pretty new space. Aesthetics come later - I needed to get back up and running after a cross-country move! There are too many photos to put here, so you can see them in my gallery, if you'd like...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #413  
Stazon Splitcoast

Checking out the new pics now. You guys have been busy!

I guess I didn't post here the end of last month...
We are in the process of adding on an addition - strictly for my office/ studio space! Contractors are on the roof as I speak prepping to tie in the roof from the addition into the original roof. Right now I have foundation/ crawl space/ walls/ trusses. They hope to have the entire outside (their part) done by end of the week. Then Bob and I start on the inside... insulation/ wiring, etc. I've been pouring over my design plans figuring placement for lights/ outlets.

Don't get too excited girls. If this were JUST for craft space, we would not be doing the project. I also need a designated home office for writing... which is my day job.

Was hoping to show in-progress shots on my blog but 2 days after the build started I wound up with a horrid sinus infection. That is mostly gone but still dealing with vertigo so not a lot of computer time. Necessary business then I'm off to the sofa where it's safe hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #414  
Kookie Creator

Default My craft room...

It has been a very long process...living with crappy pressboard furniture, ugly plastic shelves and years of research to finally come up with my room. Here it is...the only thing added since the picture of the closet doors is the wire curtain rod from Ikea. I intend on hanging cards I have made and those given to me.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2015, 03:20 AM   #415  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts

Looks great, Cathy!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2015, 06:34 AM   #416  
Rubber Obsessor

Cathy, your craft room looks beautiful, you made good choices with the furniture you got from IKEA. I always feel like I get a hug when I walk in my craft room, hope you feel the same in yours. Its kind of a haven room (even though mine is a mess). Best wishes with your chemo. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #417  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 202 Likes on 144 Posts

Cathy getting organized is a big deal. Last year at this time I went through the same thing. I had been struggling for years - so I felt your pain. When it's done it's such a relief. You have done a GREAT job! When you walk in there you will want to create and that's the whole point. When things are a mess it takes away from our creativity. You will have many hours of JOY in your space and I'm right there with you. GOOD JOB!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #418  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatrickView Post
It has been a very long process...living with crappy pressboard furniture, ugly plastic shelves and years of research to finally come up with my room. Here it is...the only thing added since the picture of the closet doors is the wire curtain rod from Ikea. I intend on hanging cards I have made and those given to me.

Cathy
Beautiful space. Left Love and prayers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2015, 07:14 AM   #419  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone.

My Creative Dreams Studio has a ways to go. Things came to an abrupt halt with my husband's carpal tunnel surgery in Feb. He still has a ways to go to heal so can't use the power tools or risk aggravating the nerves while they heal.

In the mean time, I've been working on organizing things so once I am in the room (August/ September at this point) all I have to do is put things where they belong.

Here is a blog post I did showing how I will store my SU cattys. I don't know about you guys but I keep mine for 2 reasons. 1) to refer back to retired stamps I might want if they come up on sale somewhere and 2) for the ideas - especially important with some of my older sets... or using new sets with an older idea.

Here's the link.
KellySCreativeDreams: Technique Tuesday - Organization - SU Catty's

By Monday I should have a post up as to how I did my Cardstock. I spent all weekend getting it organized... you know.. just in time for new colors to be introduced hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #420  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Hi everyone.

By Monday I should have a post up as to how I did my Cardstock. I spent all weekend getting it organized... you know.. just in time for new colors to be introduced hehe
Of course! That's the only way to do it! hehehe
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2015, 05:03 AM   #421  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

My husband installed some new shelves into my closet for me. I'm going to work on getting some more picture of my room uploaded hopefully this week. I am very happy to have labeled everything. I think this is really going to help me keep everything in it's place. I was able to score a GREAT deal from craigslist from a lady who redid her room on the 12x12 three drawer storage as well as 4 other carts and TONS of paper and stickers for $75. I am very happy with my current closet.
I have little more organizing to do in the room, but not much. Thanks for looking!

Scarp Closet Update! by Drummergirlred - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #422  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummergirlredView Post
My husband installed some new shelves into my closet for me. I'm going to work on getting some more picture of my room uploaded hopefully this week. I am very happy to have labeled everything. I think this is really going to help me keep everything in it's place. I was able to score a GREAT deal from craigslist from a lady who redid her room on the 12x12 three drawer storage as well as 4 other carts and TONS of paper and stickers for $75. I am very happy with my current closet.
I have little more organizing to do in the room, but not much. Thanks for looking!

Scarp Closet Update! by Drummergirlred - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Looks great! Score on the storage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #423  
Stazon Splitcoast

as I type this, I am sitting at my desk in its 'forever home'. yay! Still a long way to go before I'm officially moved in to the new space. We've had family visiting the past 3 weeks and each helped Bob get in gear. The major construction on the inside is done. Just need the windows trimmed. He got 3 of the 10 book cases put together and in place before he had to head back out on the boat. So with the exception of some painting I can do, the room is at a standstill for 21 days.

By the time he gets home on the 22nd, we should be able to start moving up the big storage pieces that first weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #424  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, your forever home! Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? By the fall you will be all geared up! Sometimes good things just take a little longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #425  
Stazon Splitcoast

I ordered two new toys from HSN for the new space today. The Vue hand held scanner and FINALLY - My scraprack. I had money budgeted in the building fund for that one ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #426  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Love2Craft

Did HSN have the scraprack?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #427  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2CraftView Post
Did HSN have the scraprack?
yes they did, Cheryl. Sorry I'm just seeing this. Putting in overtime with hubby gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #428  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think the next Craft session on HSN is in October.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #429  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Fixing the craft room

Well I have a craft room that's filled to the brim and I am having a big tidy up its going to involve putting up new shelves for more space and we are trying to get similar things together

I do everything from sewing quilting card making stamping and I used to do a lot of cross stitch beading oh and lots of crochet! !!!

So this means that I have all bits and pieces of different crafts

When it's finished I'll take a photo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 06:56 AM   #430  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by emckView Post
Well I have a craft room that's filled to the brim and I am having a big tidy up its going to involve putting up new shelves for more space and we are trying to get similar things together

I do everything from sewing quilting card making stamping and I used to do a lot of cross stitch beading oh and lots of crochet! !!!

So this means that I have all bits and pieces of different crafts

When it's finished I'll take a photo
I am the same way. I do all of those plus polymer clay, mixed media/ art journaling. I've about narrowed the yarn stash down to just what I need for my current project - which is crocheting scarves for our local mitten tree project. The remnants of those skeins will go into a scrap afghan for either the studio or put in my stash for emergency relief.

As I sort through all my fabric if I can't package it as a kit, the fabric is going elsewhere. The only thing I can not bear to part with is a 12-room doll house (in progress) my (step) mom and I worked on together for 2 years or more before she died my daughter (nor my granddaughters) are into barbies so I've never finished. But i can't get rid of it either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #431  
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to do all sorts of crafts and had such a stash of fabric it was ridiculous. I couldn't make it fit in one room. Finally I decided that cards was what I really wanted to do and the rest had to go. I donated, gave things to friends and made things fit in my room. Sometimes it's hard to let go. I know all about that as well. We just downsized from a 15 room house to a 5 room bungalow. I had to let go if we wanted to fit in our new home. My bears share my card room, my two loves. I've bought more of those cube systems for my room. The latest was more of a moveable cart that I can pull up to my work table. Every drawer has rubber stamps in groups. Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #432  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gail RussellView Post
I used to do all sorts of crafts and had such a stash of fabric it was ridiculous. I couldn't make it fit in one room. Finally I decided that cards was what I really wanted to do and the rest had to go. I donated, gave things to friends and made things fit in my room. Sometimes it's hard to let go. I know all about that as well. We just downsized from a 15 room house to a 5 room bungalow. I had to let go if we wanted to fit in our new home. My bears share my card room, my two loves. I've bought more of those cube systems for my room. The latest was more of a moveable cart that I can pull up to my work table. Every drawer has rubber stamps in groups. Love it!
yes. We downsized from an 11 room Victorian to this 3 bedroom ranch. At first everything fit fine. Then when we had to relocate stuff to accomodate our daughter and granddaughter, things never seemed to go back the way the way. And the space no longer felt like 'mine' after that. Add tht all my stuff is downstairs yet my knees do not allow frequent trips up and down the stairs where I need to work/ multi-task building the new space to allow me to do everything in one spot seemed like the best solution. I will be getting rid of a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #433  
Stazon Splitcoast

Forgot to add that I also collect bears, Gail. Though mine do not come out all at once. I have bears in each of my holiday displays. I hope to have a place for my regular bears in the new space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #434  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, a bear lover! A kindred spirit! There was a double closet in my room so I took off the doors and made room for the little fellows. I tried to show my room in my gallery and I went through such a hassle over those pictures. The bears are a part of that room and my other love next to cards. I found a sign a few years ago that sums it up - THIS IS MY HAPPY PLACE. If you go to my gallery you will see pictures of the old card room and then the new room. Finally it was okayed and the pictures were permitted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #435  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you enjoyed my little part of the world. I didn't know what a scraprack was so I GOOGLED it. A person need not know about anything. That is quite the system! Who would know there would be so much to organizing our stuff! Good thing that companies have come up with a way of helping us!!

I have trouble getting up and down the basement stairs so my card room and laundry are all on the main floor. I hear you about aching bones!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #436  
Stazon Splitcoast

Popping in on an update. Last week we finished putting together all of the book cases and cabinets. We just have one work top to put into place then things will finally come together.

If you're not sure how to organize your space, here is something to think about. Are you a FLIPPER or a STACKER? I have always been a flipper yet seem to always stack. So my focus this time around is to put things in a way that I can flip through them whenever possible.

My stamp sets (mostly SU but a few CTMH) are going into photo boxes by theme so I can slide the box on and off the shelf as need be, flip through the cases - enabling me to see the front of the stamps. The only exception to this 'flip' system are the individual stamps. They will stay in their drawers specially made for them years ago in my stamp cabinet. Finding them will be easy as they will all be cataloged in my ScrapRack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #437  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad to hear you are having progress in your creative space. I know how frustrating it can be waiting for things to happen. Looking forward to seeing your finished space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 01:34 AM   #438  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to mariangeles_spain
Exclamation My reorganized scraproom, now AKA The Magic Room :)

Oh, yeah! The Magic Room is ready

Mariangeles Scrapbook place & more: Mi scraproom/estudio a septiembre'15 - My scraproom/studio as for September'15
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 04:35 AM   #439  
Stazon Splitcoast

Marian, I can see how much hard work you have done. It is magic what can be created in such a space! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #440  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariangeles_spainView Post
Love your space. I see Pablo has signed his name on his corner. Cute! And the minnie mouse ears positioned over Scooby. Yep.. made me smile :-)

Are you more art journaler than scrapper? Just curious. I know as my room evolves during this build, my 'art' corner has kind of outgrown the 'scrapping' materials.

Creative Blessings in your new space.
Reply With Quote Likes