Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Tell us who should win the ScrapBox!
cedargirl 230 20.25%
cmccoy 59 5.19%
cuccicoo1002 234 20.60%
jilanne 109 9.60%
Karen Jo 30 2.64%
LaLatty 296 26.06%
lsmcvay 52 4.58%
Lynn Diebold 44 3.87%
philsmom 54 4.75%
sammyku 28 2.46%
Voters: 1136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #81  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deleted Posts

Lynn did a great job and put in many hours of work on her post.
I just found out that SCS banned her from our community because she was trying to promote herself. [b]HOW UNFAIR IS THAT!!!!!!!!![/B] I will probably be banned now.................

Ok, so they activated her account again. My original post was deleted by SCS, I wonder what else is getting deleted.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #82  
Forum Fanatic

I thought there were many deserving stories and many creative entries as well...it was a hard decision! But I agree with the person who said it is sad that a newer person basically doesn't stand a chance just because people don't know her. I am sure ALL of the finalists are giving and generous people who really deserve the prize. It's understandable that someone would vote for someone that they know and love...but it does just seem unfair to me nonetheless. If the votes were closer (not just the top 3), then it wouldn't be so obvious.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddeboView Post
Lynn did a great job and put in many hours of work on her post.
I just found out that SCS banned her from our community because she was trying to promote herself. [b]HOW UNFAIR IS THAT!!!!!!!!![/B] I will probably be banned now.................

Ok, so they activated her account again. My original post was deleted by SCS, I wonder what else is getting deleted.
No, your original post is still there, as is my explanation.

We *did* remove hundreds of duplicate posts from threads where finalists were soliciting votes. That is all.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

All of the finalists have good reasons to win and the contest has been fun to follow. I think I read all of the enteries not just the finalists entries (can you say too much time on my hands?) My vote has been cast! Best wishes to all.

Rebecca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #85  
Crimping Master

Thanks for voting Rebecca!! I am glad that people are enjoying the contest! I know I am!

Carrie
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #86  
Cardstock Collector

I am glad that everyone out there had this opportunity. It is a shame that this has turned into a popularity contest though! How disheartening!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #87  
Insane Embellisher

Red face No sour grapes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddeboView Post
I am glad that everyone out there had this opportunity. It is a shame that this has turned into a popularity contest though! How disheartening!!!
ddebo -- sorry you feel the contest turned into a popularity contest, but I don't think that is the case. I looked at all the finalists and voted for the one I felt was most deserving and creative. From reading many other posts in this thread, I'm under the impression that is what many others did as well. SCS is a fun site; let's keep it that way.

And I see you are a newbie to the site; let me be among the first to welcome you.

Last edited by Muffin's Mama; 10-14-2009 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: omission fixed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #88  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffin's MamaView Post
ddebo -- sorry you feel the contest turned into a popularity contest, but I don't think that is the case. I looked at all the finalists and voted for the one I felt was most deserving and creative. From reading many other posts in this thread, I'm under the impression that is what many others did as well. SCS is a fun site; let's keep it that way.

And I see you are a newbie to the site; let me be among the first to welcome you.
I guessed you missed the other posts that thought the same as I did. I also don't like what they did to Lynn D. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #89  
Gabfest Goddess

VOTED! I wont say for who. Good luck to all and I honestly wish the voting would have been done by the SCS hosts...not the people/friends of those in the top 10. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #90  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffin's MamaView Post

Well said, Mary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #91  
Cardstock Collector

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMomView Post
VOTED! I wont say for who. Good luck to all and I honestly wish the voting would have been done by the SCS hosts...not the people/friends of those in the top 10. ;)
Well said, I agree completely!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #92  
Matboard Maniac

CHeckin in! Is everyone still having fun!? I am still! This is exciting and an amazing opporunity! I hope my fellow top 10ers are enjoying the journey still. I was travellin all day and HAPPY to get to a computer to check in tonight! I have been pretty much glued to the computer previously, lol. Last night did some cyber stamping with one of my girls and it was so relaxing. I highly recommend Instant Messaging while you try out Challenges here! Fun x2

Thanks for coming and voting and posting and cheering us on! Doing my best not to take up nail biting but it is a happy crazy week!
-tania
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

Default some one asked me if I was ok since I haven't posted

here lately! I am great! I just want this contest to be happy and non stressful and I relized I was getting too caught up in it and it is really out of my control and in the hands of the voters. I know many people deserve to win this prize! So I decided to just sit back and enjoy!! watching the votes while I have been crafting I have had time to make 5 cards today! I am trying to get ready for a class on the 5th. Then I need to get packed it looks like I am going to take my daughter to Oragon I will stay a few months with her to help her get settled !!

Kids themed holiday swap
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...1#post14558430
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #94  
Insane Embellisher

I have to say...all of these stories were amazing... I feel for all of you lovely ladies who have no storage... I wish they could give one to each of you... Good Luck to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

I am happy with my vote and these contest finalists have really inspired me to organize my much taken for granted scrap room with built in cabinets and shelves. I think I'll stay home to create while uncluttering, instead of trying to spend a coupon on more stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #96  
Glitter Queen

I don't mean to cause waves.... I have had some wonderful encouragement from other finalists within my thread....but I have also had 2 that appear to not be aware of the rules (I feel like there may be some baiting going on....of which I am ignoring)....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #97  
Crimping Master

I am so honored to be a part of this contest! I am very deeply saddened that it has come to this!!! It is funny how competition brings the worst out in people. I have enough negativity in my life I don't need it here. I don't have time to focus on this contest as my main focus is my children. That is why I entered in the first place. I do not have many friends here os SCS and the winner will clearly be whoever knows the most SCSr's. I am just sorry that such a wonderful thing can become so ugly! I hope whoever wins this Scrapbox will appreciate and enjoy it as I know I would. I still will check in periodically but I am not going to let this get to me! I have bigger fish to fry!

XOXO,
Carrie
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmccoyView Post
I am so honored to be a part of this contest! I am very deeply saddened that it has come to this!!! It is funny how competition brings the worst out in people. I have enough negativity in my life I don't need it here. I don't have time to focus on this contest as my main focus is my children. That is why I entered in the first place. I do not have many friends here os SCS and the winner will clearly be whoever knows the most SCSr's. I am just sorry that such a wonderful thing can become so ugly! I hope whoever wins this Scrapbox will appreciate and enjoy it as I know I would. I still will check in periodically but I am not going to let this get to me! I have bigger fish to fry!

XOXO,
Carrie
I don't like the ugliness either -- but I can tell you that I certainly don't 'know' the 200 people that have voted for me...I would doubt the same for Patty (but what do I know? LOL). Yes, I have a core group of friends -- maybe about 30 or so, but beyond that...I think (and HOPE) it's word of mouth, and people reading the entries and making their decision.

Carrie you seem like a really thoughtful gal -- and I'm with you -- I let myself get upset yesterday about a post I saw - which I'm pretty certain was referenced toward me, but then I let it go...they obviously don't know me, and that's ok - they have a right to their opinion...what I don't know can't hurt me -- so I'm staying out of the threads, and will only check in from time to time.

I thank everyone who has participated, and made informed decisions -- I'm proud to be amongst this fine group of women in the finals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I agree

it is a honor to be choosen as a finalist!!
And I appriciate all those who supported or support me and who have just supported this contest in general, and especially to SCRAP BOX AND SCS!!!! With out them none of us would be where we are!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002View Post
I don't like the ugliness either -- but I can tell you that I certainly don't 'know' the 200 people that have voted for me...I would doubt the same for Patty (but what do I know? LOL). Yes, I have a core group of friends -- maybe about 30 or so, but beyond that...I think (and HOPE) it's word of mouth, and people reading the entries and making their decision.

Carrie you seem like a really thoughtful gal -- and I'm with you -- I let myself get upset yesterday about a post I saw - which I'm pretty certain was referenced toward me, but then I let it go...they obviously don't know me, and that's ok - they have a right to their opinion...what I don't know can't hurt me -- so I'm staying out of the threads, and will only check in from time to time.

I thank everyone who has participated, and made informed decisions -- I'm proud to be amongst this fine group of women in the finals.

Kids themed holiday swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #100  
Glitter Queen

It was so much fun reading everyones posts. The heart wrenching stories, the comedies, the wonderful poetry, the music videos, and everything else in between!
I count myself blessed to belong to such a fabulous group.

I don't know how the judges could choose from all these amazing entries

Good luck to all the finalists!

ps... I don't know who any of the finalists are but I was thrilled to vote for the person whose entry I felt was the most memorable!...and believe me it was a tough decision!

Last edited by damamabee; 10-15-2009 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: missed a sentence
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #101  
Inking Addict

Best of Luck to all. I hear the plights of dining room/kitchen table, stuff in totes, basements, and closets, what we stampers endure in order to create. I have cast my vote, but wish you all could win. Have fun.

Green Queen Mingler
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I voted.

This was such a neat contest. Thank you scrapbox for hosting. Ive seen bunches of new to me people.
It has been fun getting a glimpse into people's lives. I think we are each unique, and have our own issues... its nice to take a peek at someone else, and notice that perhaps our lives are not as miserable as they might feel at the time.
I love this site for its people and all the sharing that is done. I've made some awesome friends!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #103  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastmommieView Post
I voted.

This was such a neat contest. Thank you scrapbox for hosting. Ive seen bunches of new to me people.
It has been fun getting a glimpse into people's lives. I think we are each unique, and have our own issues... its nice to take a peek at someone else, and notice that perhaps our lives are not as miserable as they might feel at the time.
I love this site for its people and all the sharing that is done. I've made some awesome friends!!
Very well said and I agree completely. Especially about making awesome friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I just want the finalists to know that I am saying a prayer for them all tonight. I can only imagine the stress of waiting for tomorrow. I am sending a cyber hug to them all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariLynnView Post
I just want the finalists to know that I am saying a prayer for them all tonight. I can only imagine the stress of waiting for tomorrow. I am sending a cyber hug to them all!
Thanks Marilynn -- that's very sweet! a big {{hug}} right back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #106  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 497 Likes on 275 Posts

Yup, no matter who wins tomorrow, or how we would have liked to see the decision made, one person gets the goodies, and congratulations to them. I kind of like the idea of a panel of judges narrowing it down to a group of finalists, and then just picking a name out of a hat- not nearly so much angst as the vote method has caused. But, whatever. Who wins, wins. If I had the money, I'd buy 9 Scrapboxes, and send 'em off to the rest of the finalists. You ALL did great, and had memorable entries. Nice job, finalists! Applause!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #107  
Compulsive Stamper

I came, I created , I lost........... ;-}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #108  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't be surprized if Scrapbox has runner up prizes. I saw on their site...when they have giveaways, they give a lot away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #109  
Crimping Master

I would like to take a moment and thank everyone. Splitcoaststampers, The Original Scrapbox and all of the people who entered and voted.

Thanks so much!
XOXO,
Carrie
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmccoyView Post
I would like to take a moment and thank everyone. Splitcoaststampers, The Original Scrapbox and all of the people who entered and voted.

Thanks so much!
XOXO,
Carrie
Ditto'ing you Carrie -- you summed it up perfectly! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #111  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 497 Likes on 275 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn DieboldView Post
Yeah, Lynne, but you're in such GOOD company!!!! You have to figure that 90% of the finalists are going to lose. But it was worth the shot, right? A popular vote is just that. But all you top ten did a fine job. Many congratulations to all the finalists. Win or lose, you all sure made a mark on Splitcoast!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #112  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I couldn't have said it better myself

you are great with words
I feel we were all winners even the ones who didn't make it to the top ten people put so much time, effort and tallent into this contes everyone who participted in any way was a winner in my book and the pannel of judges and the SCS and Scrapbox were all amazing for even trying to do a contest like this thanks to all who made this contest possible!!![QUOTE=cmccoy;15362180]I would like to take a moment and thank everyone. Splitcoaststampers, The Original Scrapbox and all of the people who entered and voted.

Thanks so much!
XOXO,
Carrie[/QUOTE]

Kids themed holiday swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #113  
Insane Embellisher

Red face There are no losers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn DieboldView Post
Lynn -- You may not win the ScrapBox, but you have won a bunch of new SCS friends and followers. We've all had fun following the threads. It shouldn't be about winning, but about the journey and friends made along the way. Looking forward to seeing you aroud the site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #114  
Insane Embellisher

Finally voted! What a ride for all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:02 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hail to the Queen! All of the finalists did a great job, but my vote goes to sweet Miss Patty!

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #116  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom
Default Congrats

Congrats to the winner. I have to go pick up my niece tomorrow & I'll be gone the whole day. As they say at the Oscars. . .It was an honor being nominated. Great fun for all! Thank you to Scrapbox & SCS & my fellow finalists.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #117  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariLynnView Post
Thank you MariLynn! Your prayer is appreciated and (((hugs)) back at you!

Everyone,
It has been an increadable few weeks and i am most thankful for the resurge of creativity that I have gotten from this contest. Because of this contest I have stepped out of my shell and been chatting and posting, AND actually putting things in my gallery. I have been a professional lurker here for years and feel like I have really MET people here now too. I participated in WCMD and had SOOOO much fun. I have really enjoyed the peek into others lives because of the posting threads. I have been touched by reading others stories. It is amazing how much we can relate to each other because of common bonds, or things we thought we were facing alone, or just having a new found respect for people on a different journey then ours. So thank you Splitcoast and The Original Scrapbox, for hosting this and giving us all a chance to share. Thank you to all who have come, read, and voted! I sure hope Splitcoast has also gained new members and fan clubbers because of this contest. The more to play and create the merrier! So welcome all you newbies, don't be shy, post, try challenges, USE your gallery! PLAY.
-tania
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:47 AM   #118  
Crimping Master

Good Luck ladies. I am off to run errands. I will check in when I return.

Have A Great Day!
Carrie
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 05:59 AM   #119  
Hardware Hotshot

Go CUCCICCOO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #120  
Crimping Master

Congrats to LaLatty!!!!!!!
Check Out My Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes