Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapbox give away

Why am I desperate for one of these? I'm an at home mom with three kids, and a husband.
I work hard for my family to make sure they have everything they need and are happy. My husband works nights so I pretty much run things.
I have a hobby that is something I can actually do for myself, Something that reminds me I'm more than just the mom who does for everyone else. I make cards.
In the last few years I had a small nook in the family room that was my space. Crowded, and always rummaged through by kids in desperate need of something or for some odd reason when I had to watch my mom's dogs for a month a Pee area.
I had picked up two desks at yard sales and used every bit of wall space I could manage to store and stash things. Needless to say I could never find anything.
This summer proved to be my undoing. We put a swamp cooler in the family room and the humidity destroyed my precious collection of card stock.
I had to move things before anything else could be ruined.
Our house has an added on Dining Room, My husband and I decided we would put my space there.
I hated the idea because our Dining room is our family space. I love having sit downs with family. It is the most beautiful room in the house. Not to mention I made my in laws very upset with me that I should have such a nice space to myself.
If I could have a scrapbox I would be able to confine and organize my mess into a smaller area and not feel guilty for continuing on with card making. I would be ably to find things when needed. I hate rummaging for 20 minutes to find something.
It's not lucrative by any means but I sell my cards as well. What ever I sell goes right back into our household grocery budget. My husband works so hard for everything we have and it has been such on opportunity to be able to stay home with the kids. I feel like at least with card sales I can contribute to the household as well.
At this time I have three desks lined up in the dining room, every drawer is filled and I have managed to build up by stacking plastic drawer bins on each side of the free desk I got from the preschool, then adding a shelf to that.
I don't need this many desks. I need something I can organize and make a functional space out of.
My thoughts with a scrapbox is, if I can move out of the dining room so we can have our family space back and move to the front room where I can close the doors and keep my mess in an area where I can find and easily access everything. I wont feel guilty about taking so much space just so I can enjoy something.

I know this is a long drawn out spew. But I would truly Love something like this and I know that I could never afford one for myself. I have drooled over these in countless magazines and even asked hubby if it would be something he could build. He said some year. And we all know how that goes.
Thank You for taking the time to read this and the chance at such a wonderful opportunity.
Michelle Seward
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

CanI just add that right this very minute as the kids are sleeping I am digging through piles and baskets of loose stamps trying to find my snowman stamp! Uhgggg pullying my hair out Pickletree made the most beautiful snowman card and dang it I can't fing the stamp!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Good morning all.. still can't find my stamp!! Grrrrr.
I've been reading through a lot of these posts and there really is a lot of compition going on I mean Wow!
I wish good luck to you all, Shell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Hello all! Just checking in on how the scrapbox giveaway is going, Still keeping my fingers crossed!
We just returned from a very long trip to and from Oregon, Can you belive we drove through snow and Ice!!!! Yuck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #5  
Inking Addict

Oh I want this so bad I can taste it. Sniff sniff. I know everyone else is feeling the same anticipation.
Congrats to the finalists and winners!
Huge Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #6  
Inking Addict

I am trying to clean my craft room right now and just wishing and hoping a praying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleSewardView Post
I am trying to clean my craft room right now and just wishing and hoping a praying.
Me too, this waiting is driving me crazy!!!
Reply With Quote Likes